Author Topic: HIJINX  (Read 52139 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Re: HIJINX
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2020, 08:02:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Goddam Nick Merlino has some skills. Kinda bummed things didnt work out for him with Baker as he deserves a way bigger and more profitable career than he has had
[close]

Nick only has himself to blame.
[close]

How so? Being an annoying little cunt?

Yeah, and that's Baker's "type." So you have be an extraordinarily annoying little cunt to get kicked out of the van.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2020, 06:40:42 AM »
Sinner always seems to be trying some pretty heavy shit in these vids but literally never lands any of them. Professional bunter
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
Decenzo is fucking annoying.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #423 on: September 06, 2020, 03:05:11 PM »

After Nick's 3 when he tries to sputter out, "That was, like, 4 years into the future of skateboarding!"

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

After Nick's 3 when he tries to sputter out, "That was, like, 4 years into the future of skateboarding!"

Haha yep I was wondering who that annoying little cunt was for most of the video. Was not surprised when his name came up at the end
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

conqueso

« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »
they was afraid he'd outshine herm

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2020, 12:15:57 PM »

PD baby

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: September 19, 2020, 01:53:23 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Scannerpunk

• Rep: 3
  • Live Free - Ink Hard
    • Scannerpunk avatar image
« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2020, 08:34:35 AM »
Muska's 10 minutes of psych-out/pump-up was amazing. He truly battled his own mind and came out with the victory! Uncut moments like that are what make these Hijinx vids so amazing.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »

One of my favorite Muska clips actually, never knew Beagle filmed it!
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #430 on: September 22, 2020, 06:50:06 AM »
Bumping this thread because I watched this over coffee this morning.
He was really out here in a tuxedo vest, skinny jeans, sky tops, one glove, a v neck shirt and a sideways pinstripe hat 5050ing the craziest shit.

AND he used Shorty’s curb candy.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2020, 06:51:45 AM »
Muska is the man. Sitting through that was amazing and torturous at the same time.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2020, 08:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

One of my favorite Muska clips actually, never knew Beagle filmed it!

love the trick, and also didnt know he filmed it but god damn that was cringe
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #433 on: September 30, 2020, 03:45:33 PM »

Slesh's nollie cab flip was real nice.

Can't believe lizard stomped the fs nose first shot
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2020, 02:48:58 PM »

Not the best ep but Reynolds skating the sloped ledge was good
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
It gets a bit frustrating in these eps when loads of time gets dedicated to a trick that never gets landed. Seems to happen quite often with Beagle which is a bit odd considering he edits them.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
I don't watch the premiers for that reason and I skip through the episodes with an arrow key

Glurmpz

« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »
I don't watch the premiers for that reason and I skip through the episodes with an arrow key

Ditto. It was pretty easy to tell by hovering the cursor that Muska just rolled up to it for half the episode - I don’t need to see that. Skipped to the make. Not all ‘battles’ are interesting to watch.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
I'm amazed people can watch these in full. They have some highlights for sure, but Beagle is taking the piss with a lot of these.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2020, 11:06:11 PM »
I'm amazed people can watch these in full. They have some highlights for sure, but Beagle is taking the piss with a lot of these.

Yeah theres definitely times where I've felt like a major sucker for sitting through them but theres so much gold too that I ain't mad. Happy to watch any raw Reynolds or Herman footage from these days
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2020, 12:20:41 AM »
It gets a bit frustrating in these eps when loads of time gets dedicated to a trick that never gets landed. Seems to happen quite often with Beagle which is a bit odd considering he edits them.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't edit these... A while back, he posted about a job opportunity to edit the Hijinx tapes around when they switched the @rawdograw instagram to @hijinxnet

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2020, 02:51:36 AM »
I like these. Reminds me of going back to the house after a session and watching the tapes straight away. Except the tricks are good.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2020, 07:11:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ditto. It was pretty easy to tell by hovering the cursor that Muska just rolled up to it for half the episode - I don’t need to see that. Skipped to the make. Not all ‘battles’ are interesting to watch.

After the 15th roll to it I thought the same but oh boy, I got excited when he finally did it fist go. It's like being at that session, that's why I've been liking these clips, it's a full spectrum of a single trick you've seen and forgotten. Now you can appreciate it in full.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2020, 07:45:16 AM »

Muska is so cool.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2020, 08:07:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Muska is so cool.

I picture him coming from a party with Hollywood's celebrities all coked up, doing that 5050 and going straight back to party.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2020, 09:28:15 AM »
I think he said somewhere that he makes it a point not to edit these, to show all the attempts and what the skaters go through to get the trick, no matter how long or painstaking. I feel like beagle views it as more of a “if you wanna watch it then watch it, if you don’t then don’t” type deal. He does it for those that wanna see every little thing that went into getting the trick.
With the exception of the Dollin one where they’re driving in a car for what seemed like more than half the episode, I’ve enjoyed all of these, but then again Baker 3 and Baker Has a Deathwish are some of my favorite skate vids ever and I get the biggest rush of nostalgia from these vids so maybe my views are a bit biased.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2020, 12:27:50 AM »
I think he said somewhere that he makes it a point not to edit these, to show all the attempts and what the skaters go through to get the trick, no matter how long or painstaking. I feel like beagle views it as more of a “if you wanna watch it then watch it, if you don’t then don’t” type deal. He does it for those that wanna see every little thing that went into getting the trick.
With the exception of the Dollin one where they’re driving in a car for what seemed like more than half the episode, I’ve enjoyed all of these, but then again Baker 3 and Baker Has a Deathwish are some of my favorite skate vids ever and I get the biggest rush of nostalgia from these vids so maybe my views are a bit biased.
same here.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #447 on: October 16, 2020, 09:20:06 AM »

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #448 on: October 16, 2020, 11:55:12 AM »

these wilshire sessions seem so wholesome! they give me a warm fuzzy feeling... the whole crew mobbing a spot- the glory days of street skating!

also franky villiani as a grom ripping and reynolds giving him props... very cool

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
The captions are always good but this skarchitectural history lesson was the best yet.
The Wilshire Financial Tower was built in 1962. This structure is commonly referred to by skateboarders as the WIlshire 10 or Wilshire 15.  The building received a Merit Award from the Southern California Chapter of the American Institute of Architects in 1963. The entrance has an 88 foot wide forecourt framed by one story wings. The lobby features a four-section colored mosaic glass mural by Gyorgy Kepes, 12 feet high and totaling 57 feet in length. Welton David Beckett's architectural firm designed this building. Interestingly, the architectural firm also designed some very interesting buildings and structures that are relevant to skateboard culture. His firm also designed the World's Fair project in 1964, to NY skaters this is know as "Flushing Meadows". Another famous skate spot designed by Welton Beckett's firm is the Chase Tower in Phoenix, AZ. This pot is know as the "Bank Banks", made famous by Chad Muska and Colby Carter.  The firm also designed the Capitol Records building located in Hollywood, CA.

Anyways, let's get down to brass tax. In pursuit of the completing the "Bake and Destroy" video which was available as a free DVD in every copy of December 2012 Thrasher Magazine. The BAKER skateboards team was in crunch time to get the final clips for the video. Warming up at the Wilshire 10 stair, Justin "Figgy" Figueroa switch backside lipslides the set and avoids oncoming traffic. Andrew Reynolds gets half Cab noseslide, while Michael Burnett documents with a photography sequence. Migrating to the big boy side, a young Franky Villani performs a coping dance with a feeble-to-50-50 and then considers a 50-50 to manual. Figgy, pursing the premeditated switch backside 50-50, get what he came there for. A cold blooded reptile (Lizard Kind) feeds off the heat of the make.

The next day, in San Pedro, CA, Furby nollie kickflips a fatty to flatty between the pam tree field goal.  It's good... Circa 2011
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.