Author Topic: Say something honest..  (Read 54678 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Say something honest..
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 05:41:49 AM »
I’m uncut
So is my son. I figured if he wants to mangle his genitals, then it's his decision to make.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 05:42:28 AM »
I’m 44, have 4 flight decks (2 set up and two ready to go), and am not sure I’ll even make it through them
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 05:55:53 AM »
I own a Thrasher flame shirt that I bought this year.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 06:00:19 AM »
I hate that I see kids wearing: Converse, Nike's, New Balance, and Adidas all the time now. I have really only worn: Vans and Emerica's (I think my Mom bought me a pair of Globe's one Christmas). I'm not the guy who always preaches about being core..but seeing the three stripes or the swoop makes me hate you

I'm all for skaters riding for these bigger brands to make money, and I totally get that Vans is a bigger brand...but in my book they get a pass because they were the first legit skate shoe

Edit: Also I hate the gut reaction of... oh well my Nike's are just so comfortable. We know that's total crap because my Vans Era's feel fine. Don't be so comfortable all the time for that matter and learn to get used to some of the discomfort of life
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:12:53 AM by Lowcalcium »

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »
This thread was handmade for some cheetah talk:

1. I enjoy skating a park for like 30 minutes to an hour goofing around carving the park and doing weird hand gestures/look like some random crazy guy who skates so no one assumes my skill level. Then I proceed to flip the LeBron switch and go full out cheetah mode. I especially love to make people wonder by some of my techniques how crazy this guy is, which is even more enjoyable.

2. All skate shoes are shit except for Vans performance wise(aesthetically Vans ain’t the best), and converse are the most dogwater of all skate shoes.

3. Street skating is fairly boring now since there are no new tricks being circulated, hence why && and winkowski are so refreshing.

4. && is the undisputed goat, and there’s no argument you could make where you could have me believe it’s Ishod or Grant. I’ve seen all of em, trust me just cuz he’s goofy doesn’t mean he’s objectively less talented then those guys.

5. Maurio McCoy is the most underrated skateboarder on the planet for traditional street.

6. Collectively Skate IQ needs to be raised to ensure the betterment of skating across the world.

7. Skaters need to learn how to skate everything again, even slalom, or what is known as shalom in these parts. Shit cheetah can rip some shalom straight up.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2020, 06:11:17 AM »
Shut up

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2020, 06:14:21 AM »
I'm going to SLS London this May...
But hey, I will be there with my good friends and I bet it will be fun.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2020, 06:18:24 AM »
I hate that I see kids wearing: Converse, Nike's, New Balance, and Adidas all the time now. I have really only worn: Vans and Emerica's (I think my Mom bought me a pair of Globe's one Christmas). I'm not the guy who always preaches about being core..but seeing the three stripes or the swoop makes me hate you

I'm all for skaters riding for these bigger brands to make money, and I totally get that Vans is a bigger brand...but in my book they get a pass because they were the first legit skate shoe

Edit: Also I hate the gut reaction of... oh well my Nike's are just so comfortable. We know that's total crap because my Vans Era's feel fine. Don't be so comfortable all the time for that matter and learn to get used to some of the discomfort of life

Go fuck yourself. I don't even buy shoes online anymore because I can't be bothered with discomfort.

squintharder

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2020, 06:18:43 AM »
its the dead of winter, my knee is fucked and I'm not getting any younger so I'm approaching this coming summer with a bit of dread.

That and Etnies Marana E-lites were the best shoe I've had in a long time even if my wife called them 'clown shoes' when I first got them.

Dude they're so good but etnies is soooo cringe

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2020, 06:19:29 AM »
I appreciate his style and all he has done for skateboarding, but in a lot of videos nowadays Gonz just seems like a very annoying guy to be around.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2020, 06:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Go fuck yourself. I don't even buy shoes online anymore because I can't be bothered with discomfort.

Vans are comfortable my dude...man up and learn to stop plateauing your life away

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 06:41:55 AM »
Last month I found and my girlfriend is pregnant.  Next Thursday we find out if it’s a boy or a girl. I’m stoked. I’m hella nervous too.

I hurt my ankle pretty good over the summer it still hurts doing flip tricks. I feel I can only do them for a little bit then it starts to hurt like crazy.   Ollies feel  fine though.

I’m not religious at all but my dad passed in august and my girl prob got knocked up in November and I wondered like is it reincarnation?

Also nervous about telling my roommate my girl has move in and he prob has to move out. Slap (now) my mom and roommate only people that know.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2020, 06:44:20 AM »
i love classic hype williams music videos

one of my favorites

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 06:45:09 AM »
I'm the best

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 06:49:08 AM »
I continuously change my setup (just put On some ventures yesterday when there was nothing wrong with the thunders I had) hoping for some magic to happen and I find I can still do my same basic ass tricks no matter what board I’m on.

I’m 39years old, I skate all the time, and I suck at it.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 06:49:25 AM »
-I hate manuals and don't care about flatground
-I hate super hard tech tricks done on the last 3 inches of the ledge
-I most likely do not understand what you are wearing, your music or your griptape if you are under 20
-but I also hate old dudes like myself who just carve around tranny and are stuck in their era complaining

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:20 AM »
I bought and skated a Revive deck once a long time ago to just see how it felt. It wasn’t bad.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:45 AM »

I’m not religious at all but my dad passed in august and my girl prob got knocked up in November and I wondered like is it reincarnation?

Congrats, reincarnation of your dad is a nice thought/sentiment to hold on to.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1989
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:59 AM »
i hate and love that skateboarding has become sanitized to skate parks / plazas.
Love: convenience, I don't want to deal with property damage as an adult, consistency of obstacles, endangering innocent people
Hate: against the spirit of skateboarding, shit gets boring, skating challenging spots is rewarding

Gonz skateboarding like a lunatic and slalom in the middle of the road grinds my gears. He could get himself killed or caused car accidents. I can't imagine being the driver who was innocently commuting only to accidentally kill Gonz because he has no regard for his own safety.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:23:54 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrostedPancake

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »
Not really feeling this whole acceptance of euro/brazilian skaters with weird names i can't pronounce

Where the Joe Smiths at

Secomprancolchones

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 07:11:01 AM »
Kinda love hate looking for approval right after landing a trick.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 07:17:39 AM »
I’ll do a kickflip on flat or fakie heel on tranny now and then but I have been going weeks without flipping my board and it feels right.

Also, slappy noseslides frequently happen in the session.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 07:39:01 AM »
I'm 31 now, I wish this many girls were skating during my late teens or I would've been skating way more.

I lost tons of respect for the skate industry when they tried to sweep the Jason Jesse shit under the rug. I'm not big on cancel culture but the whole skate nazi shit needed to be addressed.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 07:47:07 AM »
everybody needs a little Stevie Nicks in their lives from time to time...

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 07:48:51 AM »
I cannot stand the graphics from the likes of Quasi, FA/Hockey, 917, Supreme, Palace. I just don't understand the appeal of just random images slapped on a board like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:50:29 AM by CrimsonGhost »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2020, 07:57:01 AM »
Gonz skateboarding like a lunatic and slalom in the middle of the road grinds my gears. He could get himself killed or car accidents. I can't imagine being the driver who was innocently commuting only to accidentally kill Gonz because he has no regard for his own safety.

i'm ambivalent about the fact that--with age and experience--i've come to agree with this perspective...especially in Video Days when he "coffins" into that intersection...

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2020, 07:58:31 AM »
I haven't done a satisfactory kick flip in 2020.

The older I get the more I like to skate alone.

vinn

• Rep: -2
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:08 AM »
I still hate myself in 10yrs of skating bcs i can’t do a bs lipslide

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1989
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 08:24:58 AM »
Rog is the best part of Nine Club; Kelly and Crob add very little to interviews and aren't great hosts.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:15 AM »
i've never really jumped down anything higher than i've ollied up. Maybe once or twice in total