Author Topic: Last purchase you were happy with?  (Read 7582 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Last purchase you were happy with?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2020, 07:13:12 PM »
nike sb blazer hi. reliable.

bole hora coffee. that stuff is crazy. i drink filter coffee at home, and it's very nice. i made espresso with it at work and i was blown away. taste straight up like strawberry. when milk is added, i.e. in a flat white, it tastes like some weird strawberry/caramel milk drink. i usually don't drink milky coffee, but this one will be an exception.

a new mouse for my pc. my old one is still largely intact, but the rubber on the thumbrest piece would start to disintegrate and flake all over my desk. went with a logitech g pro wireless. feels very good in my hand, no annoying cable to deal with anymore and it's not some freakish gamer tek abomination designwise.

black carhartt b01 pants.

i actually hate my current deck but will still skate it because lack of reason and false sense of duty.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 07:48:03 PM »
Yellow Slime Balls Vomits 60mm 97a

I've been eyeing some 97slimes, for a specific slappy spot, no sliding on the ground no matter the wheel - how do you like them?

Saarinotsorry

• Rep: -78
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »
Stoked on my new indys. The qc is great imo. Absolutely love my quasi too. Love my dylans still too

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 08:20:56 PM »
the jumpsuit says "handsdown" and now the ladies cant keep their "handsoff"

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Alien workshop’s 8.5” shape is my new go to I think.
[close]

Right?! I feel AWS is seriously slept on. I’ve had a couple 8.5s and currently on an 8.25 and they have all been great.
[close]

I’m on these now too, have had three now, love the shape and bbs wood.

Same same 8.25 and i think its my new go to.

AWS has been a treat under my feet.

That and i got some 55 f4 99 conical full and 54 f4 99 classics. Never understand why i get the conical, i like the shape so much but the classics just works so much better for me.

So my 2 favorite buys im happy with i guess is a AWS deck and some f4 classics 99 54mm.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 01:32:31 AM »
Clutch wood, Converse Jack Purcell Pro
support your local ramp-tramp

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 02:55:14 AM »
nike sb blazer hi. reliable.

bole hora coffee. that stuff is crazy. i drink filter coffee at home, and it's very nice. i made espresso with it at work and i was blown away. taste straight up like strawberry. when milk is added, i.e. in a flat white, it tastes like some weird strawberry/caramel milk drink. i usually don't drink milky coffee, but this one will be an exception.

a new mouse for my pc. my old one is still largely intact, but the rubber on the thumbrest piece would start to disintegrate and flake all over my desk. went with a logitech g pro wireless. feels very good in my hand, no annoying cable to deal with anymore and it's not some freakish gamer tek abomination designwise.

black carhartt b01 pants.

i actually hate my current deck but will still skate it because lack of reason and false sense of duty.
Got me curious about which deck you're skating.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jomeslap

• Rep: -20
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2020, 03:39:01 AM »
Spitfire OG CLassics. Thought they were gonna flat spot but nah. Coming from F4 101, the OG Classics slide jus as good once they break in.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2020, 03:55:59 AM »
Flight deck, bones bushings.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »
Tensor mag light ATG 5.5 - got them for $40, they had a hideous green baseplate so I sanded the paint off with some grip scraps, but other than that they're perfect old man trucks. Incredibly light (264g for an 8.25 truck.. thats like 100g lighter than the same size indy), the soft mag light grind that makes rough curbs feel smooth, and the turn is SOOO much better than any previous Tensor. They turn better than Indys in my opinion, and the interlocking bushings let you really lean into them without wheelbite or dead zones. This geometry is legit and the stock bushings are actually pretty good, which is something I never expected to say about a pair of Tensors.

Film 5.5 hollows - very similar to above but with a bit more of a responsive feel to the turn and obviously a good bit more weight. I think the height is pretty close to ideal for me pop-wise. I don't have to consciously remind myself to snap the tail down harder than usual or I'll ghost pop, and its not hitting the ground so fast that it throws off my timing. These also have interlocking bushings and after skating these and the ATG it really makes me wonder why more companies don't have bushings like this. Great trucks overall, I think I prefer the turn bit more than the Tensors so between that and the height these have quickly become one of my favorite trucks.

Decks I've bought fairly recently that I really like:

The new ScumCo PS Stix boards - they're all different shapes, but I've tried 4 of the 6 (Team, Downey, Abair, and Beall) and all have been really, really good. The 8.25 team one is probably my favorite.

Anything from DOA - Much like ScumCo, DOA seems to always kill it. Never tried one that I didn't love, but my favorite is probably the 8.25 Flat as Fuck strings deck. Has that awesome, floaty South Central pop and is probably my favorite tapered shape ever. The square shape is really good too, if the tail was slightly mellower then it would be pretty much my ideal deck.

Shoes:

NB 212 - nice wide toe, but a little narrow in the middle although I'm guessing that will loosen up over time.

DC Infinite TX SE - Got them for like $25 shipped from the last big sale they had and wish I got more than one pair now. They're really thin/flexible and light so they have fantastic boardfeel, plus the rubber toe cap is really durable and the flick is amazing. They also have a nice lightly padded tongue and good insoles so they're comfy as fuck. Maybe my favorite skate shoe ever.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2020, 10:51:29 AM »
Got me curious about which deck you're skating.

quasi gilbert "gary" 8.25

bought it because it has a shorter wb than my old one but is pretty flat and somewhat still feels longer. i wasn't familiar with this shape so that might be the problem, but usually i like some concave. i try a flat one like this every once in a while only to discover that i don't really like them. i think i can adjust, but i hate the process and probably will get a familiar shape next anyways.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2020, 12:07:29 PM »
Tensor mag light ATG 5.5 - got them for $40, they had a hideous green baseplate so I sanded the paint off with some grip scraps, but other than that they're perfect old man trucks. Incredibly light (264g for an 8.25 truck.. thats like 100g lighter than the same size indy), the soft mag light grind that makes rough curbs feel smooth, and the turn is SOOO much better than any previous Tensor. They turn better than Indys in my opinion, and the interlocking bushings let you really lean into them without wheelbite or dead zones. This geometry is legit and the stock bushings are actually pretty good, which is something I never expected to say about a pair of Tensors.

Film 5.5 hollows - very similar to above but with a bit more of a responsive feel to the turn and obviously a good bit more weight. I think the height is pretty close to ideal for me pop-wise. I don't have to consciously remind myself to snap the tail down harder than usual or I'll ghost pop, and its not hitting the ground so fast that it throws off my timing. These also have interlocking bushings and after skating these and the ATG it really makes me wonder why more companies don't have bushings like this. Great trucks overall, I think I prefer the turn bit more than the Tensors so between that and the height these have quickly become one of my favorite trucks.

Decks I've bought fairly recently that I really like:

The new ScumCo PS Stix boards - they're all different shapes, but I've tried 4 of the 6 (Team, Downey, Abair, and Beall) and all have been really, really good. The 8.25 team one is probably my favorite.

Anything from DOA - Much like ScumCo, DOA seems to always kill it. Never tried one that I didn't love, but my favorite is probably the 8.25 Flat as Fuck strings deck. Has that awesome, floaty South Central pop and is probably my favorite tapered shape ever. The square shape is really good too, if the tail was slightly mellower then it would be pretty much my ideal deck.

Shoes:

NB 212 - nice wide toe, but a little narrow in the middle although I'm guessing that will loosen up over time.

DC Infinite TX SE - Got them for like $25 shipped from the last big sale they had and wish I got more than one pair now. They're really thin/flexible and light so they have fantastic boardfeel, plus the rubber toe cap is really durable and the flick is amazing. They also have a nice lightly padded tongue and good insoles so they're comfy as fuck. Maybe my favorite skate shoe ever.
I was so bummed when I read it here that they are PS Stix now, love Scumco but I don’t like PS wood, at all😕
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2020, 05:10:03 PM »
I was so bummed when I read it here that they are PS Stix now, love Scumco but I don’t like PS wood, at all😕

He still has some logo boards on the site, those are Pennswood.

I used to be pretty anti-PS but back in the fall I got a Foundation and a Toy Machine out of nostalgia and it completely changed my mind to the point it's one of my favorites now. Love the light, springy feel it has and they have a lot of mellow/medium concave molds with big blunt noses which I love. Plus none of the ones I've tried recently have prematurely sogged out on me... in fact I've got a WKND that I've been beating the shit out of and riding in the rain for months and its still got great pop. I wore through 4 plys on the tail before the thought of replacing it even crossed my mind.

Different strokes for different folks though.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2020, 09:38:03 PM »
F4 conical fulls 99a. I regret being strictly bones for the past few years. F4s are hands down the best formula out. The conical fulls are my new favorite shape.

Edit: I recently purchased a set of swiss and agree 100 percent. On the other hand my stylish speed checks are looking better.
I agree with you on the Conical Fulls.  I don't know if I can skate anything else at this point.  Also F4 is now the standard.  So glad the shortage finally ended.

Jomeslap

• Rep: -20
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 03:19:56 AM »
 Airpods pro. Anyone debating on getting some, do yourself a favor. Being able to block out all noise like that is incredible

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 05:43:47 AM »
Venture 5.8's

Got them feeling good after toying with them, I removed the stock bushings and threw some indy blacks in there and they feel so much better.

sketchyrider

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2020, 06:03:33 AM »
this thread has reminded me how 'meh' i've been on a bunch of recent gear, but in the spirit of positivity, i love the anti-hero 8.62 popsicle and am sticking with it.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1937
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2020, 06:53:36 AM »
Venture 5.8's

Got them feeling good after toying with them, I removed the stock bushings and threw some indy blacks in there and they feel so much better.

I might give that a go. I had my Ventures wobble loose today, got some terrible wheel bite and got caught in a crack riding down the street. Ate shit hard. Hopefully the bushing Change will help these otherwise awesome trucks.

2 things I'm loving:
Folklore 8" board - 32 x 14 make them idea for Venture forged models. Plenty of pop despite being pretty worn down and the nose/tail smoshed from runaway boards. Got my money's worth with this board, definitely picking another one up when I'm in Australia.

Venture 5.2 Hollow Lights Low - didn't think I would like them low but the pinch is superb.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2020, 07:16:50 AM »
2x Polar 8.5 decks
Anti Hero 9.1 Orange Crusher deck
Indy 169 hollow

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 10:30:19 AM »
I bought a woodchuck laminates 8.125 deck. It has a 14.25 wheelbase. The deck just works so well for me. The shape is perfect. Been skating it 3 weeks and hasn’t sogged out yet. Works so well I bought another one. $30 bucks shipped. Can’t beat it.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 11:13:27 AM »
I bought a woodchuck laminates 8.125 deck. It has a 14.25 wheelbase. The deck just works so well for me. The shape is perfect. Been skating it 3 weeks and hasn’t sogged out yet. Works so well I bought another one. $30 bucks shipped. Can’t beat it.

Which trucks you ride with that deck?
IG: @flowterspace

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2020, 12:21:26 PM »
I put together a whole new complete this week. It's mostly components I know well but with two new things I'm excited about.

- Skating the Manderson Krooked shape with the real square nose and tail and it's hella satisfying to flip. It feels a little wider than I've been skating lately but it feels like kickflips just sorta catch themselves.

- I was having a real bad time breaking in my Thunders so I swapped the bushings for some soft Bones bushings I had in my cruiser. I feel like I've activated a cheat code.

Taint Paint

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2020, 12:31:29 AM »
Destructo D1 Mid's 5.75 really feeling these trucks, was running a set of Thunder hollow lights 149ers, and it seems like I'm getting some better response with the added weight, or maybe its the height. They turn and grind great, I ordered them off their site and they actually sent me wax and a sticker pack along with it.

I've been thinking of snagging one of those new AWS deck, the 8.25 with the double nose shape.  Might be pulling the trigger on this soon.  It's either that or a WKND or Quasi shape that has a short tail both are 8.3 with 6.3 inch kicks.

So its either BBS or PS and I was kind of looking for input.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1937
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2020, 01:11:41 AM »
Destructo D1 Mid's 5.75 really feeling these trucks, was running a set of Thunder hollow lights 149ers, and it seems like I'm getting some better response with the added weight, or maybe its the height. They turn and grind great, I ordered them off their site and they actually sent me wax and a sticker pack along with it.

I've been thinking of snagging one of those new AWS deck, the 8.25 with the double nose shape.  Might be pulling the trigger on this soon.  It's either that or a WKND or Quasi shape that has a short tail both are 8.3 with 6.3 inch kicks.

Link for the double nose board? I thought only Deathwish was doing double noses.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »

I agree with the D1s, I wanna break in in more but the weather still sucks atm

Taint Paint

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »
Always wanted a double nose board. 8.5?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2020, 03:51:58 PM »
Bones Big Ball Reds are surprisingly faster and smoother than I expected

Also is that AWS double nose only on the 8.25 or is the 8 also double nosed?
fuck you bama

sadnocomply

• Rep: 137
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »
^the boards on the aws site don’t even say it’s double nose so who can you even trust anymore

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »
DC Legacy slims. Pretty much the only shoe I've been skating for the last 2 years and I don't want to skate anything else. As long as they keep making them, I'm going to keep buying them. Got 2 pairs on the way at the moment, got 'em cheap on the DC site.

Only other shoe I want to try is the Tiago NB shoe once it comes out.