Author Topic: Last purchase you were happy with?  (Read 7583 times)

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Last purchase you were happy with?
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2020, 06:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm unapologetically skating in the Nyjah nikes. I don't even care. I have never ever ever found a shoe that fits me as well as these. The size 13's fit like 12.5 and they hold up stupid well. Like no holes after weeks of light skating and I practice flip tricks quite a lot. I've taken to ripping off his name from the tongue but fuck it. These shoes are too good for me to even care about who gets the money for them.
[close]

nice.  ive wanted to skate a pair of these but cant find a decent colorway on sale ever.
[close]

Yeah, some of the colorways are total garbage. I've been lucky to be able to grab a couple decent pairs. Sure nyjah is lame as fuck but seriously, the shoes are fucking solid. I have actually bought multiple pairs in case they stop making them.
[close]
he's fucked, that last IG post at hollywood high. the sole lasts too?
[close]

Yes they do. The only thing is, if the shoes get wet, they'll crack if you put it near heat. Kind of weird but not unexpected given the material. Even then, with the cracks, the shoe still holds up really well. Seriously, the only shitty thing about these shoes is the pro whose name is on the shoe. Honestly have never been so happy with a sneaker in my life. I have four pairs right now. Straight up my girl buys them for me periodically because I like them so much.
I want to try a pair just because they look so unique. I’ve be running thin grippy vulcs for years tho so I’m not sure how well I’d transition to the Nyjahs. 

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1937
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2020, 01:22:55 AM »
I love these shoes

I've never been a DC kind of guy but these Kalis S are freaking sick.

Tried them on in store yesterday and they did feel secure albeit a little chunkier than I like. Tactics and Warehouse Skate is having a discount on them, may scoop up a pair of the grey / red ones.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2020, 05:32:50 AM »
Expand Quote
I love these shoes

[close]

Tried them on in store yesterday and they did feel secure albeit a little chunkier than I like. Tactics and Warehouse Skate is having a discount on them, may scoop up a pair of the grey / red ones.
Wanted those so badly, obviously because on Elltingtonish reasons, but not on my size </3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2020, 10:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm unapologetically skating in the Nyjah nikes. I don't even care. I have never ever ever found a shoe that fits me as well as these. The size 13's fit like 12.5 and they hold up stupid well. Like no holes after weeks of light skating and I practice flip tricks quite a lot. I've taken to ripping off his name from the tongue but fuck it. These shoes are too good for me to even care about who gets the money for them.
[close]

nice.  ive wanted to skate a pair of these but cant find a decent colorway on sale ever.
[close]

Yeah, some of the colorways are total garbage. I've been lucky to be able to grab a couple decent pairs. Sure nyjah is lame as fuck but seriously, the shoes are fucking solid. I have actually bought multiple pairs in case they stop making them.
[close]
[close]

Yes they do. The only thing is, if the shoes get wet, they'll crack if you put it near heat. Kind of weird but not unexpected given the material. Even then, with the cracks, the shoe still holds up really well. Seriously, the only shitty thing about these shoes is the pro whose name is on the shoe. Honestly have never been so happy with a sneaker in my life. I have four pairs right now. Straight up my girl buys them for me periodically because I like them so much.
[close]
I want to try a pair just because they look so unique. I’ve be running thin grippy vulcs for years tho so I’m not sure how well I’d transition to the Nyjahs.
I just started wearing them, and my first day I really liked them. However after wearing them (not skating) a second day My feet were killing Me. But I refused to give up on them now I have 3 sessions on them and wear them to work. I am back to loving them and although I have about 5 pairs of skate shoes stashed away, I have no plans on skating anything but the Nyjahs from now on. They are amazing IMO

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2020, 10:59:53 AM »

This is after skating them 3 times totaling about 4-5 hours(I'm old) Plus almost entirely fliptricks on a new deck. Barely any wear in the toe and lost one lace while trying to get some of My heelflip tricks back. But the shoes still look new.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2020, 11:15:57 AM »
Ace 33s, swapped out the bushings for Bones Hardcore soft (blue) and they're by far the nicest feeling trucks I think iv'e ever had.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
I just started wearing them, and my first day I really liked them. However after wearing them (not skating) a second day My feet were killing Me. But I refused to give up on them now I have 3 sessions on them and wear them to work. I am back to loving them and although I have about 5 pairs of skate shoes stashed away, I have no plans on skating anything but the Nyjahs from now on. They are amazing IMO

Yeah I feel the same way. I really really hope they continue to make these shoes. I've never had skate shoes this good in my entire life. I get that shoe choice has so much to do with foot size and skate style and whatnot so obviously these won't work for everyone but I'm 100% in love with these shoes.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »
Got Mini Super Juices in the mail today, set them up, bombed a few chill hills, and i'm feeling great.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Stoked on Tablet shaped spitfires. Wasn't sure they'd suit me but I learned Slappy Smiths today and I think they helped in this process.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
Stoked on Tablet shaped spitfires. Wasn't sure they'd suit me but I learned Slappy Smiths today and I think they helped in this process.
sick! what size tablets? intrigued by riding surface on par with conical fulls

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »
I got the 55mm 99a ones. I have some 54mm 101s up next.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2020, 09:26:11 PM »
From that Altamont sale. 3 pairs of jeans some shirts and a jacket. I'm feeling good.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2020, 06:39:01 AM »
really hyped on these. i went from 101 52mm wheels to 99a 55mm. i really like the wider contact patch the lockins have for chunky east coast sidewalks and streets. I don't have to push nearly as much and setting up on rough spots feels so much smoother

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2020, 07:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love these shoes

[close]

[close]
Wanted those so badly, obviously because on Elltingtonish reasons, but not on my size </3

i've been considering these in that same colorway since you posted this pic. do they run TTS?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2020, 07:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I love these shoes

[close]

[close]
[close]

i've been considering these in that same colorway since you posted this pic. do they run TTS?

I would say yes, 9 is too tight for me, 10 is comfy but the toe box is huge. A 9.5 would have been just right for me, same experience with Emerica and Nike
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2020, 10:37:58 PM »
nice nice thx dude. could only find the Manolo colorway in 9.5, so that’s what’s coming in the mail hehe.

all this sitting around at home leaves way too much time for online shopping...

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »
nice nice thx dude. could only find the Manolo colorway in 9.5, so that’s what’s coming in the mail hehe.

Damn, I was looking for the 9.5 but Tactics only they only had a 9, so I'll stretch it out with some orthopedic insoles.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2020, 03:46:50 AM »

Yup, TTS all day with those puppies. Waiting for next month to get the Manolo ones too.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
cancelled my order cus i realized i really only want the white/gum and the manolo was just the closest thing in my size... will wait.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »
cancelled my order cus i realized i really only want the white/gum and the manolo was just the closest thing in my size... will wait.
The exact opposite happened to me to me but I got then anyways
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2020, 10:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The exact opposite happened to me to me but I got then anyways
I chose the Manolo because it has an additional bit of material over the toe cap, hopefully that helps with durability.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2020, 10:07:21 AM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

no one here is going to get the significance of this tag. In going to make like a couple hundo off this find
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:37:04 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »
eS Square Three - strikes a good balance between cupsole in terms of padding and grippiness of a vulc. Looks reminiscent of OG Accel which looks really puffy by today's standards.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

no one here is going to get the significance of this tag. In going to make like a couple hundo off this find
is that not just a regular levis trucker jacket? ill take the bait
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2020, 06:59:29 AM »
1971 Levi's changed the "E" to be lowercase