Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367188 times)

Tuff Lover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2021, 09:57:28 PM »
Caps are different cultural signifiers in australia. the traditional Aussie lowlifes like bogans, ockers and ferals have a sort of rare unity with each other and the upper class poshos and wankers in hating the newer Aussie lowlife culture, the cap wearing "Eshays"

In the USA everyone just wear cap all the time, from cops to grandpas to sports guys and even sorority girls and moms. they dont really "mean" anything.

Lo life

Don't call me done until I'm finished

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
Brother everyone stole nautica and ralph shit back in the day even here I just mean if you got a job and shit as an adult it’s a weird look

I’m not talking shit anymore clearly we all got a difference of opinion and that’s ok with me
listen to cosmic psychos

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2021, 10:34:24 PM »
Brother everyone stole nautica and ralph shit back in the day even here I just mean if you got a job and shit as an adult it’s a weird look

I’m not talking shit anymore clearly we all got a difference of opinion and that’s ok with me

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #573 on: June 03, 2021, 10:49:06 PM »
Bro that’s sick reminds me of mash out posse
Gonna suss them out cheers
listen to cosmic psychos

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 91
« Reply #574 on: June 04, 2021, 07:07:08 AM »
surprised their steaming pile of production was ongoing. a face only a mother could love -crobs removed the hat and went from a 3.5 to a solid 4

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #575 on: June 04, 2021, 07:13:45 AM »
Noseslides = varial flip for grinds

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #576 on: June 04, 2021, 07:18:17 AM »
Super hawt take my man (or non gendered associate)
i'm not saying they are bs noseblunts, but you're gonna tell me all those rob welsh noseslide pop outs are basically him doing varial flips?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #577 on: June 04, 2021, 07:20:26 AM »

I know it's all about who does the trick and how it's done but there's something about a well done noseslide (frontside or backside) that can be incredibly tasteful in a line. that's just me though.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #578 on: June 04, 2021, 07:24:23 AM »
Let's settle it, someone submit noseslides for "budget or buttery" let Jeron decide I'll honor the result accordingly
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #579 on: June 04, 2021, 07:30:03 AM »
Let's settle it, someone submit noseslides for "budget or buttery" let Jeron decide I'll honor the result accordingly

Jeron's been a noseslider his whole career so I know that shit gonna be buttery.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #580 on: June 04, 2021, 07:31:29 AM »
"I shouldn't even touch on this shit but i'm gonna do it" - Jeron
(nervous Steezus laughing in the background) 

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #581 on: June 04, 2021, 07:34:10 AM »
fucking hell. first everyone trashes fakie big spins and now everyone trashes noseslides

my bag sucks, i have lame tricks-- I GET IT!  bunchabullies.....
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #582 on: June 04, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »
i do varial flip noselides! so fuck you all!

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2021, 08:19:47 AM »
The nine club is whatever. I don’t watch it but I don’t care that they do it. They seem to skate those Venice curbs so that’s cool. You know history, they paid their dues, yada yada yada...

The real thing I’m concerned with in this thread is I’ve never heard it was an issue to wear hats as an adult. You all got me worried that I look like some kind of ding dong over here. I don’t wear one to work but I often where a hat while skating. Am I blowing it? Does it make me some sort of Peter Pan?

On a real note, most of us probably dress pretty “young” when skating and would dress that way more often if we didn’t have real jobs. I also think it is becoming more normal for older people to run younger clothing trends.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #584 on: June 04, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »
unless it’s the same person (can’t be bothered to check) every nine club seems to have a comment about how it is unacceptable for people to be wearing hats above 30. which is laughable
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #585 on: June 04, 2021, 08:51:19 AM »
this is probably the op re: hats

i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #586 on: June 04, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #587 on: June 04, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cant imagine doing a podcast focused entirely on skateboarding multiple times per week... I’m surprised they have stuck at it this long.
[close]

What else do they have going on? They surely haven't been hopping fences to get clips.
[close]

And you have? Foh.

Wtf is up with the Nine Club? Laying down history. That's what's up with the Nine Club. The Grosso interview. The 5 hr. long Vallely interview. Lance getting misty eyed. Dollin drinking 15 beers. These will live on forever. Y'all would rather have a blank page where the Nine Club is. Wtf is wrong with y'all?
[close]

You mad? I guess if you enjoy the most vanilla history this would be the place to find it. I could honestly live in a world without skate podcasts at all. And as a matter of fact I have been getting some clips, just don't need to hop fences as school yards aren't really an east coast thing.
[close]

Bro, it ain't 60 minutes. It's not Crossfire. It's "Hey, how did street skating start?" to the dudes that FUCKING STARTED IT and letting em go. You'd rather have a blank page.

I would have bet 10,000 doge you were from the East Coast. What's your latest clip? Backside noseslide to drop shuv out?
[close]

Nah, noseslides are a worthless trick

Last thing I filmed was this line that I probably wont even use cause I rolled into the dirt. But fuck me for wanting to put out mediocre street part at 35

Can we make this in to an arrbee appreciation thread now?

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2021, 06:32:09 PM »
did steezus get kicked off the nine club? hes been missing for weeks and rog has been in his spot. I dont mind as rog is way more knowledgeable. and thought this would be a good place to ask, maybe they addressed it in a green room or something that i missed

PapaSquat

• Rep: 3
« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »
The nine club is whatever. I don’t watch it but I don’t care that they do it. They seem to skate those Venice curbs so that’s cool. You know history, they paid their dues, yada yada yada...

The real thing I’m concerned with in this thread is I’ve never heard it was an issue to wear hats as an adult. You all got me worried that I look likeg some kind of ding dong over here. I don’t wear one to work but I often where a hat while skating. Am I blowing it? Does it make me some sort of Peter Pan?

On a real note, most of us probably dress pretty “young” when skating and would dress that way more often if we didn’t have real jobs. I also think it is becoming more normal for older people to run younger clothing trends.

Present your scalp to the heavens proudly

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #590 on: June 24, 2021, 09:05:00 PM »
did steezus get kicked off the nine club? hes been missing for weeks and rog has been in his spot. I dont mind as rog is way more knowledgeable. and thought this would be a good place to ask, maybe they addressed it in a green room or something that i missed

Rog’s autistic ass is so bad on the interview shows. He always interrupts the guests in the middle of stories with pointless comments or questions.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #591 on: June 24, 2021, 09:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rog’s autistic ass is so bad on the interview shows. He always interrupts the guests in the middle of stories with pointless comments or questions.

Yikes. Rog has been dealing with a bunch of mental health issues that he mentioned awhile back, and seems like he’s doing much better now. He seems happier and more positive - less grumpy old man-ish. He’s one of the only ones on the show that actually adds knowledge and substance rather than fake continuous positivity. I’d rather hear Rog add his opinion over Crob saying “hell yeah, that’s awesome, bro.”

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #592 on: June 24, 2021, 11:12:33 PM »
Unpopular opinion but outside of some obscure 80's/90's references, Roger seems generally pretty ignorant of the modern era in skateboarding. He's better served working behind the 'scenes'.

TheDingus

« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2021, 12:25:52 AM »
Roger rules. Hard workin man. Don’t like the show, don’t watch it. Easy!
There’s plenty of kickflip tutorials for ya on youtube.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2021, 01:32:38 AM »

The real thing I’m concerned with in this thread is I’ve never heard it was an issue to wear hats as an adult. You all got me worried that I look like some kind of ding dong over here. I don’t wear one to work but I often where a hat while skating. Am I blowing it? Does it make me some sort of Peter Pan?

That was me and I didn’t mean to make anyone feel like shit I had a think about it and I have seen hella trucker hats it’s probably just different cultures
Sometimes I try write posts in a way where I am trying to come across informal but upon reflection probably more suited to a social setting rather than words

Hella tradies here wear supplier caps and shit I guess I don’t like seeing them inside that’s all

Just trying to get cunts talking I suppose, this is after all a forum

Edit

But yeah completely lost it the other month I’m not trying to say I didn’t there
listen to cosmic psychos

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2021, 02:07:23 AM »
Rog rules, and ignorant?
I think he's just really busy with other cool stuff that makes it a bit harder for him to catch up?

The dude films shows with the biggest celebs, still skates quite alot, runs a warehouse, has his own show AND has a lady.
And you're flaming the guy for not being in touch with every skater out there ... sheesh.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2021, 04:43:43 AM »
Unpopular opinion but outside of some obscure 80's/90's references, Roger seems generally pretty ignorant of the modern era in skateboarding. He's better served working behind the 'scenes'.

I couldn't disagree more. chris and jeron and eldridge constantly ask him who skaters are, who they ride for, where a particular spot is at, etc.

I think the only one that knows more about modern skaters is probably Kelly, because of being involved with street league, Es and Mob and all that

PhantomBased

• Rep: -13
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2021, 05:02:58 AM »
Do you guys watch because you hate it? You must watch it to know if they are still doing the same stuff, right? I enjoy it. The bunt dudes just sound like some suburban nerds trying to sound hard.

At least the bunt does their fucking research. You couldn’t have been any lamer in front of lance mountain crob

PhantomBased

• Rep: -13
« Reply #598 on: June 25, 2021, 05:03:58 AM »
Rog rules, and ignorant?
I think he's just really busy with other cool stuff that makes it a bit harder for him to catch up?

The dude films shows with the biggest celebs, still skates quite alot, runs a warehouse, has his own show AND has a lady.
And you're flaming the guy for not being in touch with every skater out there ... sheesh.

He hasn’t filmed a show in years

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #599 on: June 25, 2021, 05:42:08 AM »
crob has less appeal than a staph infection