Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 366991 times)

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 113
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2022, 06:08:29 AM »
Dyrdek episode was new heights of cringey for me. Not exactly a skate podcast if he doesn't skate, no? I get it that some would like to hear the history (from his perspective) of DNA, etc., but all the self-improvement "optimization" bullshit was too much to listen to. Throw in the self-aggrandizing tales of how much money Dyrdek made and the mention of his "gated home in Beverly Hills" and all relatability is out the door. That said, he didn't exactly seem like he cared about being relatable to the group in the room or any actual skaters consuming the content. Blah. Lame.

FROTHY

« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2022, 06:20:05 AM »
Anyone else notice how much Rob Dyrdek is beginning to look like Hasbullah as he ages?

Gab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2022, 09:15:02 AM »
Anyone else notice how much Rob Dyrdek is beginning to look like Hasbullah as he ages?

Lol was going to put this in the skater look alike thread

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2022, 09:27:29 AM »
Dyrdek episode was new heights of cringey for me. Not exactly a skate podcast if he doesn't skate, no? I get it that some would like to hear the history (from his perspective) of DNA, etc., but all the self-improvement "optimization" bullshit was too much to listen to. Throw in the self-aggrandizing tales of how much money Dyrdek made and the mention of his "gated home in Beverly Hills" and all relatability is out the door. That said, he didn't exactly seem like he cared about being relatable to the group in the room or any actual skaters consuming the content. Blah. Lame.

relatability? lol

Rob doesn't give a shit.  He was a great skateboarder with a wild post-skate career rise.  If you don't like him, don't watch it.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #784 on: December 03, 2022, 04:09:20 AM »
I remember listening to Kanye West on Rogan during his "presidential campaign" and at one point Kanye stopped talking, laughed at how full of shit he was being and then said something like "that shit sounded hot though right?"

Thats what Dyrdek's episode felt like to me

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #785 on: December 03, 2022, 03:55:26 PM »
nine club is california brain dead and has been unlistenable forever

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 113
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #786 on: December 03, 2022, 04:38:43 PM »
I remember listening to Kanye West on Rogan during his "presidential campaign" and at one point Kanye stopped talking, laughed at how full of shit he was being and then said something like "that shit sounded hot though right?"

Thats what Dyrdek's episode felt like to me

Bingo.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #787 on: December 03, 2022, 08:06:33 PM »
I find it really interesting his life’s mission is now to just film as many stupid episodes of grabbed regular clips from YouTube and put them on cable tv as possible so he can still get his 4% of life or whatever.

Talk about wasted talent.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #788 on: December 03, 2022, 09:09:26 PM »
I find it really interesting his life’s mission is now to just film as many stupid episodes of grabbed regular clips from YouTube and put them on cable tv as possible so he can still get his 4% of life or whatever.

Talk about wasted talent.
but bro he’s rehabilitating his body to be able to teach his children to skate when they want to

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #789 on: December 05, 2022, 12:41:22 PM »

Something about this dude has always rubbed me the wrong way…

Some interesting stories though

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #790 on: December 05, 2022, 12:52:26 PM »

Just another bitter soul in skating, I have been out on sessions with him and this is 100 percent him. No act for the pod. Definitely do not envy his job, couldn't imagine dealing with that many adults that act like entitled children.

He also gets props for the Ronnie Gordon line toward the end.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #791 on: December 05, 2022, 12:53:45 PM »

All i know is that jerry said in his bunt interview that vern is the last person he wanted on the sesh and he wasn’t joking at all.

Uglier

• Rep: 14
« Reply #792 on: December 06, 2022, 02:15:57 AM »

mf look like Kobe
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

Correy_Websturd

• Rep: -2
« Reply #793 on: December 09, 2022, 06:09:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, blah blah blah. Steven Christ and Eldridge actually make the Experience unwatchable. That is all
[close]

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks Eldridge is an insufferable dipshit.
No man, you are not alone.The guy has kids comments and always tries to speak like he was raised in south central.The whole show is polished as fuck.I can no longer watch this thing.Last time I watched it was because Grosso came by.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #794 on: December 09, 2022, 06:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All i know is that jerry said in his bunt interview that vern is the last person he wanted on the sesh and he wasn’t joking at all.

Like him or not, that episode was funny as hell. I’d gladly listen to more Vern story’s because he’s straight up honest and doesn't give a f**k. 

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #795 on: December 09, 2022, 06:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, blah blah blah. Steven Christ and Eldridge actually make the Experience unwatchable. That is all
[close]

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks Eldridge is an insufferable dipshit.
[close]
No man, you are not alone.The guy has kids comments and always tries to speak like he was raised in south central.The whole show is polished as fuck.I can no longer watch this thing.Last time I watched it was because Grosso came by.

Banned from the room

« Reply #796 on: December 09, 2022, 08:06:33 AM »

Jamie Foy the voice of reason. Roger being......roger.

1:34:40

Rogers definitely the voice of reason here. I'm not even better non masshole phobic here.

What people don't realize is your favorite skater isn't as original as you think.

G&R It's so easy was first skated to on film by John Gibson in 1988. I can dig up the footage you need to see it.

There's no was my this "original" song shit is going to keep going unless skaters hit me up.

I'll give you some slamming tunes any genre on a sliding scale. I play 101 different instruments poorly. I got you send me argyle sox 

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #797 on: December 09, 2022, 04:44:08 PM »
Did anybody watch them review the supreme video and can tell me if it's as bizarre and hilarious as I imagine?
Might give them a view for that experience

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #798 on: December 09, 2022, 05:23:21 PM »
The Dyrdek episode stories were pretty sick. I found out I drive by the same Denny's everyday on my way home from work, where the original Alien Workshop logo was drafted to look like the sign. Weird, niche fact that nobody else in my life probably cares about, but it makes me oddly proud in a way.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #799 on: December 09, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »
I had some coworker friends in town from the midwest, hadn't ever really been to LA. We wanted to do some touristy shit so I took them to venice beach, see all the weirdos on the boardwalk, go to the skatepark, buy some goofy shirts etc etc. I told them "oh yeah, we'll go to the venice curbs, there's always pros there I bet we'll see some" as a fucking joke.

Lo and behold, we skate over and it's the ENTIRE nine club crew and && having a session. so funny how that works out sometimes.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #800 on: December 09, 2022, 08:26:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jerry I think doesn’t particularly hate him, but listening to that interview again, it sounds like that a person in your life who has no intentions of doing anything malicious to you, but their presence brings that about. Jerry even Laughed at the end of that answer and seemed light hearted about it.

I do have to say, and want to be corrected otherwise, but isn’t there a nasty rumor about Vern doing some Brian Patch type shit? Not trying to put that on dude, and had a good time listening to this interview for a bit because he seems pretty passionate. I did drop half way tho, because I couldn’t escape the thought I had read some shit about this dude.

Also, Eldy the skate version of Malibu Most Wanted.
The chillest1

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #801 on: December 10, 2022, 02:33:15 PM »
I had some coworker friends in town from the midwest, hadn't ever really been to LA. We wanted to do some touristy shit so I took them to venice beach, see all the weirdos on the boardwalk, go to the skatepark, buy some goofy shirts etc etc. I told them "oh yeah, we'll go to the venice curbs, there's always pros there I bet we'll see some" as a fucking joke.

Lo and behold, we skate over and it's the ENTIRE nine club crew and && having a session. so funny how that works out sometimes.

As documented in &&'s Instagram stories. Hope you can be seen loitering in the background.

AR abstain

• Rep: -25
« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jerry I think doesn’t particularly hate him, but listening to that interview again, it sounds like that a person in your life who has no intentions of doing anything malicious to you, but their presence brings that about. Jerry even Laughed at the end of that answer and seemed light hearted about it.

I do have to say, and want to be corrected otherwise, but isn’t there a nasty rumor about Vern doing some Brian Patch type shit? Not trying to put that on dude, and had a good time listening to this interview for a bit because he seems pretty passionate. I did drop half way tho, because I couldn’t escape the thought I had read some shit about this dude.

you got me curious so i did a deep dive on Mr Vernon Laird. turns out he was in the Philly 411 setting things off with 2 slams and a boardslide shove it. he delivered vegan pizzas on a bicycle before he moved west to join the industry. he did a 40 for 40 to celebrate skating into middle age. some of the tricks were lackluster. he beleives in woman's rights and his favorite sound is when someone sneaks up behind him or sees him across the street and yells Laaaiird!
nothing Patchy came up in my search.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2022, 03:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That was something posted by @stokemuch so take that for what it’s worth. Last time I brought that dude up my thread got deleted.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112242.0

Last week folks finally seemed to take notice of how foul Ryan O'Connor is after I put a post up on Stoke Much IG. It was shared more than 12,000 times. Ripndip and Oconnor turned off comments on all posts, and a lot of people were messaging to share other stories.

Needless to say, the skateboard industry has no shortage of terrible people hiding out amongst the do-gooders. And I was told a few things that I can't ignore. One of them goes much further than shitty behavior though, and involves allegations of ongoing pedophilia that has been covered up at Powell.

Someone who I trust beyond a doubt told me that Vern Laird got busted having sex with an underage girl, it got covered up, and it wasn't a one time occurrence. My buddy who told me has no direct knowledge of the events, so
he can't help supply any info that would expose anything worth sharing. But somebody has to know.

If you have any info on that, or anything else you wanna share please email [stokemuchmag]{@}/gmail.com/
We will keep your identity private, and we won't be dissuaded by industry politics because we have no allegiances to the skateboard industry.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #804 on: December 10, 2022, 03:53:16 PM »

Did Kelly Hart do a slappy?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #805 on: December 10, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As documented in &&'s Instagram stories. Hope you can be seen loitering in the background.

I'm SURE i can be, but I'm not on instagram. They were also filming a video of Eldy testing the WKND collab rollerblades and I'll definitely be in the background of that as well.

Expand Quote

[close]

No, but he and Eldy were doing doubles on one of the ledges, both doing front noseslides

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #806 on: December 10, 2022, 07:37:57 PM »
@Punished Skateboards thank you for clearing that up. Can’t believe I remembered something that kook posted.

Hopefully me asking about it didn’t get taken as fact.
The chillest1

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2022, 12:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm SURE i can be, but I'm not on instagram. They were also filming a video of Eldy testing the WKND collab rollerblades and I'll definitely be in the background of that as well.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No, but he and Eldy were doing doubles on one of the ledges, both doing front noseslides

Here's the rather brief clip

https://streamable.com/u4qfnv

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #808 on: December 11, 2022, 08:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here's the rather brief clip

https://streamable.com/u4qfnv

Never mind, that may have been before I got there. by the time I pulled up he was already skating. He left on his bike so he may have just been riding by and stopped to skate for a bit.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #809 on: December 14, 2022, 07:28:34 PM »
The experience is on rn in the background and they are tripping over what to say about Soty. It's embarrassing honestly. What's the tall guys name that sits with Kelly hart? He was acting weird.