Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367167 times)

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1140 on: March 02, 2023, 09:11:54 AM »
Lol at brian’s reaction to chris giving him a santa cruz nixon watch. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went straight to goodwill

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1141 on: March 02, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »
Lol at brian’s reaction to chris giving him a santa cruz nixon watch. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went straight to goodwill

He'll probably save it and use it as a stocking stuffer for Xmas

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1142 on: March 02, 2023, 11:10:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just heard Kelly ask what "wind chill" was lol
[close]

Not all of us live in the tundra. I've lived most of my 28 years in the middle of California and I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about wind-chill here.
[close]

Well with no context you made an assumption that it had to do with weather so I don't think I'm reaching too high here.
[close]

Wtf are you even trying to say? You were trying to dunk on my boy Smelly Fart by trying to say a guy who's spent 90% of his life in SoCal is dumb for not knowing what wind chill is, so elucidate us Mr. Meteorology on the esoteric phenomenon of wind chill.
[close]

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were smarter than Kelly Hart but I have clearly made a mistake.

At least I'm not a 5'7 fat fuck with no pop

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1143 on: March 02, 2023, 11:51:31 AM »
you say that like it's a bad thing  ???

QixHexagon

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1144 on: March 02, 2023, 11:56:56 AM »
Living in southern Cali is an excuse for not knowing what wind chill is? I've lived my entire life in Sydney and still know what black ice is.

They are very limited. If you pay attention, Chris, Justin and, to a certain extent, Jeron only recall Girl/Chocolate skaters.

"XXX reminds me of MJ"
"Guy used to do this trick"
"XXX looks like a young Rick Howard"

C'mon, mfs, you only watched girl and chocolate videos? Never hang out with other skaters?

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #1145 on: March 02, 2023, 02:39:59 PM »
Kinda funny that within the last few mo. they seem to have picked up more sponsors, (Nixon, Nissan, etc) but have ran out of guests.   Only the guests make the show watchable.     That’s probably true for most interview based podcasts, but more so for the 9 club.   The nonchalant just conversation vibe is a little tired.  The core audience is probably skate nerds that would love more research based questions.   These are all just opinions but they seem to be looking for a way to make a living post pro skating, as opposed to being enthusiastic about it and its history.   It may loose its luster when it’s your job and I get that, but old pros like Hawk, and Lance seem to still be genuinely passionate about skateboarding.   Not a huge Ellis fan but I have enjoyed listening to Hawk’s new podcast.   Although not the sole focus you can tell when the conversation turns to skating he lights right up. 

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1146 on: March 02, 2023, 04:39:16 PM »
Am I the only one who would love a Nate Greenwood episode? Dude has to have a story. Feel like hes been trying to "make it" since I was like a freshman in high school (im older now)

Sorry mr greenwood i hope you dont take it wrong

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240

waffle

• Rep: 127
« Reply #1148 on: March 03, 2023, 08:29:11 PM »
Listened to the recent episode with JT Aultz - it’s kind of shocking to me how little effort they seem to put into researching guests before the interviews.

One example:
Chris Roberts mentioned JT had a pretty injury-free career. JT proceeds to mention one fall where he broke his nose, teeth, and leg at the same time, before mentioning another where he had to get airlifted and put in a medically-induced coma.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #1149 on: March 03, 2023, 09:29:01 PM »
Listened to the recent episode with JT Aultz - it’s kind of shocking to me how little effort they seem to put into researching guests before the interviews.

One example:
Chris Roberts mentioned JT had a pretty injury-free career. JT proceeds to mention one fall where he broke his nose, teeth, and leg at the same time, before mentioning another where he had to get airlifted and put in a medically-induced coma.

So only like two injuries then? Tomato twomato

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1150 on: March 03, 2023, 10:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote

One example:
[close]

BRINK

• Rep: -956
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1151 on: March 03, 2023, 10:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
These dudes are such morons. If Brink decided to bring back Weekend Buzz (or something like it) it would immediately be 1000 times better than the nine club.
[close]

Thank you. Working on something. Stay tuned :)

Also, just for fun ... this was the first tweet announcing the Nine Club from way back in 2016. It was clearly an unprovoked jab at us/Weekend Buzz, but also, in my opinion, a very odd thing to brag about. Found it hilarious so I saved it ...

v=1677958207

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 11:32:07 AM by BRINK »

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #1152 on: March 04, 2023, 08:09:51 AM »
Living in southern Cali is an excuse for not knowing what wind chill is? I've lived my entire life in Sydney and still know what black ice is.

Didn't watch the whole thing just this clip but 10:00 kinda makes me glad I didn't.

So was the slam as bad as it looks? He literally just explained it for five minutes

Black ice sounds like a rock album. Someone should make it.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #1153 on: March 04, 2023, 08:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Didn't watch the whole thing just this clip but 10:00 kinda makes me glad I didn't.

So was the slam as bad as it looks? He literally just explained it for five minutes
[close]

ACDC my dude

waffle

• Rep: 127
« Reply #1154 on: March 05, 2023, 06:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote

One example:
[close]

Two injuries among the most notable in skateboarding, plenty of others mentioned.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1155 on: March 10, 2023, 07:10:28 AM »
One feels the need to talk like a G all the time but finally sounds like a bum.
Guess who.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #1156 on: March 12, 2023, 10:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
ACDC my dude

Yeah, my comment was a playful jest @ the Australian gentleman, who one would presume to know that record  ;)

If you were just acknowledging my taste in music, I salute you  :D
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #1157 on: March 12, 2023, 03:07:37 PM »
Wtf is up with the Bam thread that disappeared?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1158 on: March 12, 2023, 03:22:20 PM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1159 on: March 12, 2023, 03:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where the fuck is uncle flea

boogs

« Reply #1160 on: March 12, 2023, 05:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
deleted for some reason looks like

manysnakes

« Reply #1161 on: March 13, 2023, 04:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

We were getting too close to the truth.

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #1162 on: March 13, 2023, 05:20:56 AM »
They've canned stop & chats, but one of this weeks guests is Walker Ryan who has already been on the show, twice. Running on fumes.

i mean, i have 'complaints' towards them too but their reason for pivoting to this is pretty solid imo. if no one new is in the area to come on should they just not have an episode for that week, two weeks, months? cmon

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1163 on: March 13, 2023, 12:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

We were getting too close to the truth.
There Will Be Mud

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #1164 on: March 13, 2023, 12:53:37 PM »
Am I the only one who would love a Nate Greenwood episode? Dude has to have a story. Feel like hes been trying to "make it" since I was like a freshman in high school (im older now)

Sorry mr greenwood i hope you dont take it wrong

Sherwood love to see an episode about Notorious Nate
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #1165 on: March 13, 2023, 04:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
They've canned stop & chats, but one of this weeks guests is Walker Ryan who has already been on the show, twice. Running on fumes.
[close]

i mean, i have 'complaints' towards them too but their reason for pivoting to this is pretty solid imo. if no one new is in the area to come on should they just not have an episode for that week, two weeks, months? cmon

Yea bro jogan had Duncan trusell on like 5 times, guess his pod is dying.

Reality is they just can't afford to buy flights and hotels for guests. Doesn't mean they should throw in the towel. The idea of two guests is actually pretty cool, I liked the mikemo malto episode.

I need mindless bs to listen to on my commute to work, nine club does not need to be anything more than that.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1166 on: March 13, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Reality is they just can't afford to buy flights and hotels for guests. Doesn't mean they should throw in the towel. The idea of two guests is actually pretty cool, I liked the mikemo malto episode.

I need mindless bs to listen to on my commute to work, nine club does not need to be anything more than that.

Early Brogan podcast looked liked he was doing to Kevin Smith thing and inviting all his homies and things that connect his broniverse, more people who were in town for the comedy store in LA would end up as guests as that podcast progressed. 

But yea I agree those duncan episodes were my favorites, kind of like mike mo, who I think has a pretty good attitude most of the time when he's on and he's actually funny.   

nine club has 250k sub count which is a good size, and even mr beast has a stale frame work to his videos, they probably do well with the coffee talk approach with hipster dads who want to learn about the skateboarding industry, like how brogan sucked the air out the psychedelic conversation

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1167 on: March 14, 2023, 08:52:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Early Brogan podcast looked liked he was doing to Kevin Smith thing and inviting all his homies and things that connect his broniverse, more people who were in town for the comedy store in LA would end up as guests as that podcast progressed. 

But yea I agree those duncan episodes were my favorites, kind of like mike mo, who I think has a pretty good attitude most of the time when he's on and he's actually funny.   

nine club has 250k sub count which is a good size, and even mr beast has a stale frame work to his videos, they probably do well with the coffee talk approach with hipster dads who want to learn about the skateboarding industry, like how brogan sucked the air out the psychedelic conversation

In my opinion Rogan hasnt been good since moving to texas. Doesnt seem like people would be as easily accessible over there, correct me if im wrong of course

I still cant believe people watch nine club. As mentioned earlier its just noise to fill in work/commutes unless the guest is someone you like

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1168 on: March 14, 2023, 09:33:53 AM »
I’m not mad that the Ryan/Brown isn’t a stop and chat….makes no difference to me and I’d suspect they talk about some different things.  They have their formula….talking at length to whoever shows up…..

I don’t listen to every one, just the ones I’m interested in, the BA one I enjoyed, he had stuff he wanted to talk about and they know him well…

My understanding is YouTube pays better, but you’re at the mercy of them.  They don’t seem to be interested in chasing around the demands of the platform.  That said, I think a couple middle aged guys with an audience doing slappies and talking would do well, but it’s not their jam.  I think in some ways YouTube has already formed their audience I know I’ve sort of picked my guys….

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1169 on: March 14, 2023, 10:43:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In my opinion Rogan hasnt been good since moving to texas. Doesnt seem like people would be as easily accessible over there, correct me if im wrong of course

I still cant believe people watch nine club. As mentioned earlier its just noise to fill in work/commutes unless the guest is someone you like

Rogan gets private planes for his guests, he'll get anyone that wants to be in JRE
And if, for some reason, he can't make them go to texas he'll fly anywhere with his whole crew to make it, dude spends a lot on logistics