Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367214 times)

manysnakes

Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2040 on: September 16, 2023, 06:52:53 PM »
Looks like O'Dell got to GH before NC:

This is how I found out Patrick Odell has me blocked on Instagram.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2041 on: September 18, 2023, 07:10:39 AM »

Matt Price discusses taking a different approach to shooting photos, his recent Closer magazine Louie Lopez cover that went viral, meeting Grant Brittain & getting hired at The Skateboard Mag, leaving The Skateboard Mag and going to work at CCS, being recognized out in public for Kader's 100 Kickflips video, does he ever go through camera madness, his first experience with roman candles, getting covers as a photographer and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Matt Price
00:01:49 Closer magazine Louie Lopez cover
00:08:32 Danny Way Mega Ramp photo
00:13:39 Our Sponsor: AG1 (Athletic Greens)
00:15:14 Taking a different approach to shooting photos
00:23:14 Being recognized for Kader's 100 Kickflips video
00:24:42 Flashes in photos
00:32:27 Skate faces in photos
00:37:50 Skateboardphotography.com and being colorblind
00:42:57 Meeting Grant Brittain
00:54:34 Matt's duties at The Skateboard Mag
00:55:51 The Skateboard Mag being sold to Berrics and it's demise
00:57:57 Leaving The Skateboard Mag and going to work at CCS
01:03:39 How mail order effects the skateboard industry
01:13:39 Doing the CCS YouTube videos
01:31:38 Camera madness?
01:35:17 How did Matt learn to shoot photos
01:40:00 Matt's first experience with roman candles
01:45:51 Having gear stolen
01:47:24 Getting covers as a photographer
01:56:03 Kevin Marks's Lookback Library
02:15:34 Matt's roman candle fire
02:19:52 Matt's new venture

Edit:  thanks for the embed help, roba
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 08:26:40 AM by Kevin! »

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #2042 on: September 18, 2023, 07:57:00 AM »
should work now

Tried seemingly everything and it wouldn’t embed this time.

Expand Quote
Matt Price discusses taking a different approach to shooting photos, his recent Closer magazine Louie Lopez cover that went viral, meeting Grant Brittain & getting hired at The Skateboard Mag, leaving The Skateboard Mag and going to work at CCS, being recognized out in public for Kader's 100 Kickflips video, does he ever go through camera madness, his first experience with roman candles, getting covers as a photographer and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Matt Price
00:01:49 Closer magazine Louie Lopez cover
00:08:32 Danny Way Mega Ramp photo
00:13:39 Our Sponsor: AG1 (Athletic Greens)
00:15:14 Taking a different approach to shooting photos
00:23:14 Being recognized for Kader's 100 Kickflips video
00:24:42 Flashes in photos
00:32:27 Skate faces in photos
00:37:50 Skateboardphotography.com and being colorblind
00:42:57 Meeting Grant Brittain
00:54:34 Matt's duties at The Skateboard Mag
00:55:51 The Skateboard Mag being sold to Berrics and it's demise
00:57:57 Leaving The Skateboard Mag and going to work at CCS
01:03:39 How mail order effects the skateboard industry
01:13:39 Doing the CCS YouTube videos
01:31:38 Camera madness?
01:35:17 How did Matt learn to shoot photos
01:40:00 Matt's first experience with roman candles
01:45:51 Having gear stolen
01:47:24 Getting covers as a photographer
01:56:03 Kevin Marks's Lookback Library
02:15:34 Matt's roman candle fire
02:19:52 Matt's new venture
[close]

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #2043 on: September 27, 2023, 06:24:27 AM »
Ngl Omar snapped on that freestyle with Beatbox Dubs.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #2044 on: September 27, 2023, 06:54:40 AM »
The Omar episode was incredible.

What a guy.

AceBoogie

• Rep: -37
« Reply #2045 on: September 27, 2023, 08:22:11 AM »
Omar is a legend and all, but I couldnt sit there and watch 2 hours of this guy. Especially since hes had like 5 lifestyle videos drop recently with all the same shit in it. Being different is "in" right now and i know were supposed to celebrate peoples weirdness, blah blah blah but not everyone is interesting.
This show used to be dope cause it gave insight to the industry and peoples career I never woulda known, but the guest list over the past 2 years has been lackluster to put it nicely, with the last year being a dumpster fire of guest lineups.

bombsquid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2046 on: September 27, 2023, 08:25:20 AM »
Haters gonna hate. I'm watching the Omar Hassan one now. On the funny-meter it's second only to Clyde Singleton!

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2047 on: September 27, 2023, 08:30:15 AM »
Haters gonna hate. I'm watching the Omar Hassan one now. On the funny-meter it's second only to Clyde Singleton!

The grant one and the jenkem guy one were pretty funny too imo
check my music

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #2048 on: September 27, 2023, 08:35:39 AM »
Omar is a legend and all, but I couldnt sit there and watch 2 hours of this guy. Especially since hes had like 5 lifestyle videos drop recently with all the same shit in it. Being different is "in" right now and i know were supposed to celebrate peoples weirdness, blah blah blah but not everyone is interesting.
This show used to be dope cause it gave insight to the industry and peoples career I never woulda known, but the guest list over the past 2 years has been lackluster to put it nicely, with the last year being a dumpster fire of guest lineups.

Theres been a few boring ones but some good ones this past year too. Skimmed through their youtube and i liked:

Clyde
Pat odell
Carl a
Isuck / cole
Mason / ryan lee
Jason lee / chris pastras
BA
Mariah duran
Mike mcgill
B turner
Dilo

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #2049 on: September 27, 2023, 07:06:40 PM »
I never finished the Selema episode, though I did want to know if they ever got around to Afro Surf/Mami Wata by episode’s end. I listened to a few of his interviews the last couple years (including with Talib Kweli).

I like Matt Price and I’m excited to give this a listen. I used to hit up azskate quite a lot back in the day, even through the different iterations of the website. Also Price skated to William Shatner’s* “Common People” and I remember that being a fantastic choice.

*Don’t worry I know it’s a Pulp song. They’re on the track too. Shatner just brings something funky and wonderful to it.

bombsquid

« Reply #2050 on: September 28, 2023, 12:30:38 PM »
They forgot to ask Omar Hassan about when he started to skate, where he grew up and all that. Even with Clyde Pinkerton they got a thorough biography on him. Omas Hassan was just veering off from the start  :)

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2051 on: September 28, 2023, 12:34:33 PM »
They forgot to ask Omar Hassan about when he started to skate, where he grew up and all that. Even with Clyde Pinkerton they got a thorough biography on him. Omas Hassan was just veering off from the start  :)

Hes been on before and all those questions were answered then.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 12:46:54 PM by Natas_Fauxas »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

manysnakes

« Reply #2052 on: September 28, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »
Did they ask Omar about beating up Frank Gerwer after Gerwer called him the n-word?

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2053 on: September 28, 2023, 12:50:21 PM »
Did they ask Omar about beating up Frank Gerwer after Gerwer called him the n-word?

Long Islander behavior

bombsquid

« Reply #2054 on: September 28, 2023, 11:52:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My bad, I shoulda checked before commenting! Crob, if you read this, forgive my ignorance!

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2055 on: September 29, 2023, 09:55:00 AM »
Matt Price rulez, loved his episode!  Was a skateaz lurker myself and to see him come from that to where he is now is rad.  Also for anyone who hasn't seen his old company Brimley's video Potpourri it's rad

Preston Harper had a part

people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

AceBoogie

« Reply #2056 on: September 29, 2023, 10:06:14 AM »
i fell asleep sitting up attempting to watch the live episode last night.
i get it, rob trying to draw out the show by talking in circles, but its making the content more and more boring.
most of the time dubs is just sitting there nodding and saying "yea, yea" while yawning in his face.
I used to put on sleep sounds at night to drown out the sounds of cars driving by the window, but now ive got something else to put me out.

Sometimes

• Rep: 7
  • Who me? Nah
« Reply #2057 on: September 29, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »
i get it, rob trying to draw out the show by talking in circles, but its making the content more and more boring.
most of the time dubs is just sitting there nodding and saying "yea, yea" while yawning in his face.
I used to put on sleep sounds at night to drown out the sounds of cars driving by the window, but now ive got something else to put me out.

I use this show the same way

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2058 on: September 29, 2023, 11:43:48 AM »

if they stopped the live show they'd be leaving a lot of Kulla kash on the table

Bucketguy

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2059 on: September 29, 2023, 04:24:05 PM »
I think they should do an episode with Tim Cisilino, the emerica tm. It might not be very long but I think it could be worth a listen / watch. He’s filmed a ton of people, notable clips and used to work for Kayo I think.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #2060 on: October 01, 2023, 10:35:09 PM »

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2061 on: October 02, 2023, 10:07:19 AM »
Why is he always making a face like I shit in his coffee grinder

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2062 on: October 02, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My bad, I shoulda checked before commenting! Crob, if you read this, forgive my ignorance!

I’m pretty’s use they say several times in the episode that they discussed it in the last one……

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2063 on: October 03, 2023, 06:28:30 AM »
I know Chris really hates criticism about "the whole YouTube thing" but the Asta/McCoy episode kinda proves why I think people feel that way. Every conversation is more or less the same no matter who they're interviewing. It's always about thumbnails, cover pages, copyright strikes, subscribers. Pretty boring shop talk to have half a dozen times.

also, if Roger is gonna make a big fuss about not wanting to be on camera, maybe don't awkwardly mumble into the microphone to interrupt your guest. And if you are gonna awkwardly mumble into the microphone to interrupt your guest, maybe actually listen to the answer they give instead of awkwardly repeating your question five minutes later.

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2064 on: October 03, 2023, 06:57:41 AM »
not sure why i was compelled to watch the newest episode in full but it was probably the most pointless episode in awhile.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2065 on: October 03, 2023, 07:07:29 AM »
not sure why i was compelled to watch the newest episode in full but it was probably the most pointless episode in awhile.

same boat

very tough listening to the affiliate coupon code section. perhaps the least interesting subject matter they've uploaded, especially if they're not making good $ from it

AceBoogie

« Reply #2066 on: October 03, 2023, 07:25:48 AM »
one of the better episodes they've had in a while. Asta and mccoy are good skaters and all but the whole episode seemed like it was a more personal conversation that they shouldve had off camera. really geared towards youtube analytics and how to get clicks, streaming and getting ad revenue that we all know chris is into.
Felt off.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2067 on: October 03, 2023, 08:10:25 AM »
I know Chris really hates criticism about "the whole YouTube thing" but the Asta/McCoy episode kinda proves why I think people feel that way. Every conversation is more or less the same no matter who they're interviewing. It's always about thumbnails, cover pages, copyright strikes, subscribers. Pretty boring shop talk to have half a dozen times.

also, if Roger is gonna make a big fuss about not wanting to be on camera, maybe don't awkwardly mumble into the microphone to interrupt your guest. And if you are gonna awkwardly mumble into the microphone to interrupt your guest, maybe actually listen to the answer they give instead of awkwardly repeating your question five minutes later.

You sound pleasant

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2068 on: October 03, 2023, 08:14:45 AM »
Even pleasant people have dissenting opinions about things. Sometimes it's fun to share them.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2069 on: October 03, 2023, 09:33:50 AM »
one of the better episodes they've had in a while. Asta and mccoy are good skaters and all but the whole episode seemed like it was a more personal conversation that they shouldve had off camera. really geared towards youtube analytics and how to get clicks, streaming and getting ad revenue that we all know chris is into.
Felt off.

I think at this point, the Nine Club is doing Podcast like it is a radio show. They both had Maurio and Tom on the show but to have them back, it just to talk about stuff that they haven't talked about before which can lead to more boring talk. I don't think it is terrible but it can produce bad episodes but that is how it goes in radio and podcasts. You can't have every episode as some stand alone epic show.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!