Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367055 times)

malevy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

c-dock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
  • Lurker
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2130 on: November 07, 2023, 03:49:38 PM »
I get major former-school-bully vibes from this guy. Not a fan

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2131 on: November 07, 2023, 03:58:52 PM »
I understand that these guys want to diversify their guests but this is just bizarre. Went straight to the comments hoping to see people pushing back on this but 99% of them was just generic positive drivel. At this point, they don't have any legitimate reason to not bring on GH aside from the fact that he has criticized them in the past.

Not a fan of dude or this interview but at least he’s related to skating , he’s  best friends with Chris chann and actually skates I think . Better than that one dude who rips off yard sales they had on. Still a terrible curve ball after the solid run of guests they had the last few months. The Andy Jenkins episode was so great and then bam - YouTuber bullshit.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2132 on: November 07, 2023, 04:16:01 PM »
wait what reseller did they have on hahaha

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2133 on: November 07, 2023, 04:33:47 PM »
i had no clue who he is and it just came on in the background while i was working. it turned out to be a super interesting interview, or, at least informative. i always want to hear more of the behind the scenes stuff as far as these youtube guys go. i learned a lot and was paying attention the whole time once they got into the business side of everything. but yea please keep these spread out.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2134 on: November 08, 2023, 02:30:19 PM »
i had no clue who he is and it just came on in the background while i was working. it turned out to be a super interesting interview, or, at least informative. i always want to hear more of the behind the scenes stuff as far as these youtube guys go. i learned a lot and was paying attention the whole time once they got into the business side of everything. but yea please keep these spread out.

TNC getting Hawk vs Wolf sloppy seconds

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #2135 on: November 10, 2023, 04:51:21 AM »
The fake nice guy schtick while they shade peoples clips is pretty funny sometimes
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -72
« Reply #2136 on: November 10, 2023, 10:00:57 AM »
wait what reseller did they have on hahaha
I think he's talking about that fucking Gary Vee idiot. 

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2137 on: November 10, 2023, 10:21:33 AM »
They posted a new video “Dylan Jaeb fakie flips Waldenberg

TheDingus

« Reply #2138 on: November 10, 2023, 10:42:26 AM »

You got trolled. It’s a joke on the show.

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #2139 on: November 10, 2023, 11:01:34 AM »

Jacob Waldenberg

https://youtu.be/877eaXs8STo?si=h9awP2diitWwR_-k
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2140 on: November 10, 2023, 11:56:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Just like my only child that would rather ride her scooter than her skateboard, the 9 Club has once again disappointed me.
This fuckin *** is a total lame and whats worse is that hes completely unaware of how wack his whole shtick is.
I keep hitting "block channel" and "not interested" everytime i see his shit-eating grin. But somehow, this cum weasel keeps slithering his way through the blown-out anus that is youtube and back to my list of suggested videos. This flexing of rectal muscles by the algorithm fills me with sorrow, and to see 9 Club stooping down to give this clown a bigger soapbox to yell from amplifies my sorrow, distress and the hopelessness I feel that my daughter will want to participate in a pastime this weirdo is associated with.
[close]

TNC cast trying to harness Danny's money making aura

Darkly humorous when Duncan acknowledged their podcast is best in skateboarding, but that their effort is financially fucked because they're in the skateboarding industry

This is just another crob effort to break the YouTube code . When really all he had to do was skate the last 6 years . If they just had each guest for a session at the beach curbs as a companion video for each interview he’d be way ahead .

Danny Duncan is a testament to the fact kids love watching people just fuck around. Mic up York at the curbs and you’d have a million views just hearing the nonsense coming out of dudes mouth as he skates .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2141 on: November 10, 2023, 12:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahh okay. It’s a short enough video I will probably watch it, but my investment in their show is limited to the guest.

Nevermind, it’s over two hours. I did not see that initially.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 12:51:34 PM by ToySanta »

rkulla

« Reply #2142 on: November 10, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ahh okay. It’s a short enough video I will probably watch it, but my investment in their show is limited to the guest.

"but my investment in their show is limited to the guest." sums up an "ol buddy/die hard fan" from a "casual viewer/hater" pretty nicely.  Not in a bad way, just a good distinction. 

Die hard fans think casual viewers are lame and vice/versa instead of just letting everyone like things to whatever level they happen to like them (but there is no drama in that so, continue.  I have enough popcorn).

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #2143 on: November 10, 2023, 12:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

"but my investment in their show is limited to the guest." sums up an "ol buddy/die hard fan" from a "casual viewer/hater" pretty nicely.  Not in a bad way, just a good distinction. 

Die hard fans think casual viewers are lame and vice/versa instead of just letting everyone like things to whatever level they happen to like them (but there is no drama in that so, continue.  I have enough popcorn).

Ryan, is that you? TNC's angel investor?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

rkulla

« Reply #2144 on: November 10, 2023, 12:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ryan, is that you? TNC's angel investor?

It's me but hardly an angel investor since i have no stake or say in the company. I just donate what I can, like some kinda glorified Public Access Television supporter...

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2145 on: November 10, 2023, 01:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The misspell gave me a chuckle, even though I am not in on the joke.

I just watched the Andy Jenkins episode while making banana bread and quite enjoyed it.

I still like to hear and learn about skateboarding and its history, but I am also old enough to have boundaries around what I consume, and be okay with being a lame in someone else’s eyes. This season alone I am making more of an effort to not watch/pay attention to people whose skating I don’t enjoy. I’m not perfect, but I’ve decided I don’t need to have an opinion on whomever the It Boy of the current moment is just because they are the It Boy, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I come around for skaters/industry folk that I’m familiar with and who I think might have something interesting to share about their experience in the industry. Skateboarding is far too large and scattered for me to keep up with.

I’m grateful for the die hards that keep this thing going but it’s never gonna be me and I hope I’m not hating on anyone that is.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #2146 on: November 13, 2023, 04:59:17 AM »
Episode 300!
It’s not Rick and Megan but it’s not another YouTuber either.

(Podcast is live but not the yt?)

Ryan Clements discusses the economics of skateboarding events, big corporate sponsors and how they're perceived, the world of skateboard agents & managing “athletes”, is anyone making money throwing contests, the Boardr's live scoring system for contests, did the Olympics have any effect on skateboarding, giving advice to clients & dealing with skater's parents, getting into the skatepark construction game and much more!
Timestamps
00:00:00 Ryan Clements
00:01:18 Being a skateboard agent   
00:04:11 The creation of the Boardr   
00:11:03 Tampa pro and other similar contests   
00:16:08 Supported By: AG1   
00:17:43 The Boardr's live scoring program   
00:22:42 The Olympics   
00:28:25 Exposure skate events   
00:36:31 The economics of skateboarding events   
00:52:56 Is anyone making money throwing contests   
01:10:14 Big corporate sponsors and how they're perceived   
01:13:20 Managing "Athletes"   
01:21:53 The world of skateboard agents   
01:26:56 Managing Mark Gonzales   
01:45:45 Working with Nora   
01:47:20 Giving advice to clients   
01:53:31 Dylan Jaeb and the shoe deal   
01:56:35 How the Olympics have changed skateboarding   
01:57:38 Getting into the skatepark construction game   
02:07:43 Ryan's dream driveway   
02:10:56 The ice cream thing   
02:23:25 Mono A Mono at Woodward West   
02:35:19 Dealing with skater's parents

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #2147 on: November 13, 2023, 06:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is pretty much my take, I was pretty heavily invested the first 50, I’ll tune in when it’s someone I care about, prolly sift through the Jenkins episode and will prolly enjoy it, but yea I enjoy the show for what it is, Chris definitely doesn’t ask the hard hitting questions we would like, but it’s good pod to have in the background while making banana bread
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2148 on: November 13, 2023, 11:45:52 AM »
Stoked to check this Ryan Clements episode soon, definitely fascinated by what this chap does.  Scoping the time stamps, I see everything there but a ‘pulling up the hood on the Nine Club’ and what Ryan’s firm does for them, since they manage Nine Club, and I imagine Crob’s hosting career?  Woulda been interesting potentially… but perhaps nothing new since Crob talks about cracking YouTube all the time - though I was definitely expecting it.  Imagine it’s a bit of an anticlimactic episode 300 for some but I’m down.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2149 on: November 13, 2023, 05:09:31 PM »
Damn Ryan clements sounds like a fuckin square ngl. Give the AMs some damn prize money

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #2150 on: November 13, 2023, 07:05:49 PM »
Ryan Clements talked shit about PJ a while back and from that point on I can't stand the mf
I'm clearly biased tho

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

TheDingus

« Reply #2151 on: November 13, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »
Damn Ryan clements sounds like a fuckin square ngl. Give the AMs some damn prize money

Not sure you know the definition of amateur is.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2152 on: November 13, 2023, 07:24:27 PM »
Ryan Clements talked shit about PJ a while back and from that point on I can't stand the mf
I'm clearly biased tho

Spicy. Do tell

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #2153 on: November 13, 2023, 11:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm clearly biased tho
[close]

Spicy. Do tell

At the end.

PJ has done more for skateboarding in shop video part than this guy will in his entire life

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2154 on: November 14, 2023, 02:02:23 AM »
Is he wrong tho ? Legacy aside, PJ is a legend but wouldnt you be bummed going to a demo and PJ does not skate ?
check my music

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2155 on: November 14, 2023, 04:25:56 AM »
Rog please just stop

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2156 on: November 14, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »
Is he wrong tho ? Legacy aside, PJ is a legend but wouldnt you be bummed going to a demo and PJ does not skate ?
Yea I agree with this. I love PJ but I’d be bummed. I went to an Alien/Habitat demo back in 02 in Atlanta just before Mosaic came out. A bunch of the dudes listed were either not there or didn’t get out of the van. And a handful of dudes that were there barely skated. Some not at all. It kinda sucked

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2157 on: November 14, 2023, 01:32:25 PM »
Oh man what a fucking let down for episode 300. Definitely not gonna watch that one.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2158 on: November 14, 2023, 02:54:59 PM »

I do remember hearing about this back in the days. I think demos were just a bigger deal back then (not sure where they stand now). One of my first demos ever was the Hot Chocolate Tour at Wallenburg. The whole Crailtap squad was there and yet, only like a few were skating which was a total bummer for me at the time. Not that I am older, I sort of get it cause most pros were just talking to people they haven't seen in a while. No one cared to entertain anyone there. To my knowledge, props to York and Eldy for at least skating when I was around.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2159 on: November 14, 2023, 04:10:48 PM »
It was kinda whack he singled out PJ in the interview. But I understand where he’s coming from. I don’t think he was hating more just disappointed. But what if PJ was having a bad day or healing from an injury. Still sucks for the fans that showed up expecting to see him skate. Even if it was just a kickflip over the pyramid like suggested. I went to a Deathwish demo and was under the assumption Greco and Ellington would be there, which neither of them were. All good but kind of misleading, maybe it was a misunderstanding. And Lenoce was there but not skating, would’ve been sick to see him just do a Nollie heel on flat or anything really.