Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367038 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -455
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2910 on: April 14, 2024, 08:59:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Roger being a boomer doesn’t surprise me at all. Roger, Elon Musk isn’t the person you should look up to.
[close]

Roger was born pre-64? Better tell your history teacher to recheck the books or know your terms first. Also, most "boomers" would dislike Elon Musk by default. I hope you pass your permit test so you can drive alone soon, the freedom might help. Lastly, don't ever end a sentence with a preposition like "to". Either mommy wifi died or you meant to say, "too". I'll drop microphone now.

Look up too. You a boomah

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2911 on: April 14, 2024, 10:05:09 AM »
I think according to the internet all over 30s are boomers, which makes this forum 90% boomers. Get off my lawn and stop spraying dem chemtrails and so on ;)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2912 on: April 14, 2024, 10:47:24 AM »
Can someone tell me what the fuck Ruby was and why they the only person on the team was Staba. Don’t think I’ve seen one in the wild ever. Only on clearance on the crail store well after SM started (back when you could buy things from past seasons for cost, but you didn’t have a say in what color the shirt was)

Megan telling Crob no multiple times is way funnier than anything she could tell us at this point

Free max b

Wasnt it a clothing brand? I remember buying my wife a dress thing from Ruby back when she was my girlfriend

A podcast about podcasting is usually one of the worst things i can imagine listening to but the bunt boys made it tolerable. I don’t know if jeron said more than 10 sentences

I know this is a nine club thread, but I love the bunt. The pod is broken up perfectly, the ads are presented with enthusiasm, and they run with their lingo gimmick whatever you wanna call it. Thats not to say I dont like the nine club, but having a structured pod helps with monotony

And the bunt dudes arent worried about tip toeing. I understand not wanting to burn bridges, but that can only make for interesting content for so long

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

rkulla

« Reply #2913 on: April 14, 2024, 11:50:40 AM »
TNC is a business and they're their own boss. Think about that. They're probably far more concerned with their own vision, their guests' opinions, their sponsors and with people who haven't heard of them or who stopped watching completely, than with people who "still tune in but have some complaints" -- just like a restaurant probably doesn't care about the customers who still come in yet write on yelp that it's "hit or miss" vs their investors, people who haven't tried it yet or had such a poor experience that they never came back.

They've talked about how no one says anything to them in person that read about online. Chris has said many times that he reads and welcomes constructive criticism but the insults usually just bother him for a few seconds and he moves on; just like anyone in here probably would if they have enough self-esteem.

This thread is fine for venting about what you didn't like, or praising what you did. _Maybe_ some ideas will get incorporated as they try new things but I wouldn't get hung up on expecting them to do it any way but the way they want to or the way the Youtube' algorithm (esp around demonetization) wants them to. 

I wish I had that much power over everything, then my yelp reviews would have changed all the restaurants I've visited to be how I wanted but alas, it's not to be.   There's power in numbers but there's more to numbers than comments.

Dad Board

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2914 on: April 14, 2024, 11:54:51 AM »
TNC is a business and they're their own boss. Think about that. They're probably far more concerned with their own vision, their guests' opinions, their sponsors and with people who haven't heard of them or who stopped watching completely, than with people who "still tune in but have some complaints" -- just like a restaurant probably doesn't care about the customers who still come in yet write on yelp that it's "hit or miss" vs their investors, people who haven't tried it yet or had such a poor experience that they never came back.

They've talked about how no one says anything to them in person that read about online. Chris has said many times that he reads and welcomes constructive criticism but the insults usually just bother him for a few seconds and he moves on; just like anyone in here probably would if they have enough self-esteem.

This thread is fine for venting about what you didn't like, or praising what you did. _Maybe_ some ideas will get incorporated as they try new things but I wouldn't get hung up on expecting them to do it any way but the way they want to or the way the Youtube' algorithm (esp around demonetization) wants them to. 

I wish I had that much power over everything, then my yelp reviews would have changed all the restaurants I've visited to be how I wanted but alas, it's not to be.   There's power in numbers but there's more to numbers than comments.

That was a depressing read on multiple levels.

rkulla

« Reply #2915 on: April 14, 2024, 12:00:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know the internet is a fantasy and the truth hurts but let me leave you with something more pleasant. Dogs and cats are cuddly and need homes. Please adopt one if you can. They love you unconditionally and can't say depressing things back to you.  :). Also my other post was just my opinion, i have no way of knowing what they think other than speculating like anyone else.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #2916 on: April 14, 2024, 12:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A fascinating peek inside the mind of a Nine Club addict, no doubt.

rkulla

« Reply #2917 on: April 14, 2024, 12:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

and I can think all that and still get just as excited when a new episode drops every week and am thankful it does. This Joey Suriel episode is great so far. It's just good content to me, I over-analyze in enough things in life, podcasts to me are just an escape and/or learning opportunity. It seems far more depressing to me to find a way to make a podcast about skateboarders depressing.

This thread is the closest I've come to being depressed about it but not really, thankfully since I'm too addicted to TNC and related content. The News is 10x more depressing than SLAP could ever be.

Dad Board

« Reply #2918 on: April 14, 2024, 12:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

and I can think all that and still get just as excited when a new episode drops every week and am thankful it does. This Joey Suriel episode is great so far. It's just good content to me, I over-analyze in enough things in life, podcasts to me are just an escape and/or learning opportunity. It seems far more depressing to me to find a way to make a podcast about skateboarders depressing.

This thread is the closest I've come to being depressed about it but not really, thankfully since I'm too addicted to TNC and related content. The News is 10x more depressing than SLAP could ever be.

It’s wild that you’ve only posted in this thread your entire time on slap. No other interaction about videos, gear, news, nothin. Thats psycho. I think you love the nine club more than actual skateboarding. That post pandemic parasocial relationship go hard

rkulla

« Reply #2919 on: April 14, 2024, 01:10:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s wild that you’ve only posted in this thread your entire time on slap. No other interaction about videos, gear, news, nothin. Thats psycho. I think you love the nine club more than actual skateboarding. That post pandemic parasocial relationship go hard

I've been skating since the 80s, on the internet since the 90s, skated mostly alone after my friends quit since '93 and then me moving around a lot. I didn't _talk_ about skating again until The Nine Club chat came around, IG or a random comment on someone's youtube part.  I rarely even talk on TNC discord and have a lot of other interests than skateboarding. Only so many hours in a day; have to pick and choose.   Long way of saying, it's not that wild.

"Parasocial relationships are one-sided relationships, where one person extends emotional energy, interest and time, and the other party, the persona, is completely unaware of the other's existence." so most people in here regarding TNC?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 01:27:36 PM by rkulla »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2920 on: April 14, 2024, 02:17:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been skating since the 80s, on the internet since the 90s, skated mostly alone after my friends quit since '93 and then me moving around a lot. I didn't _talk_ about skating again until The Nine Club chat came around, IG or a random comment on someone's youtube part.  I rarely even talk on TNC discord and have a lot of other interests than skateboarding. Only so many hours in a day; have to pick and choose.   Long way of saying, it's not that wild.

"Parasocial relationships are one-sided relationships, where one person extends emotional energy, interest and time, and the other party, the persona, is completely unaware of the other's existence." so most people in here regarding TNC?

comon you understand what he means, you really love them and love the show. Like some might say a bit too much. But it's okay I am way too obsessed with a few bands too. Your thing is the nine club and that's okay
I just don't see the point of posting here and "defend" their honnor, of course people are going clown you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:56:30 PM by dallou »
check my music

rkulla

« Reply #2921 on: April 14, 2024, 02:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

comon you understand what he means, you really love them and love the show. Like some might say a bit too much. But it's okay I am way too obsessed with a few bands too. Your thing is the nine club and that's okay
I just don't see the point of posting here and "defend" their honnor, of course people are going to clown you.

Pretty sure they can defend themselves if they wanted to. The thread is called "Wtf is up with the nine club" so i get that people are coming here to vent but it also means some people, like me, might tell you what i think is tf up... Clown away.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2922 on: April 14, 2024, 03:01:39 PM »
They've talked about how no one says anything to them in person that read about online.
They do an online show for people who are on the internet - do they think everybody lives in Venice? It seems pretty reasonable that the criticism would be online doesn't it?
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 631
« Reply #2923 on: April 14, 2024, 03:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know the internet is a fantasy and the truth hurts but let me leave you with something more pleasant. Dogs and cats are cuddly and need homes. Please adopt one if you can. They love you unconditionally and can't say depressing things back to you.  :). Also my other post was just my opinion, i have no way of knowing what they think other than speculating like anyone else.

I picked this five year old up today that needed rehoming. He is super friendly and was scared when I brought him home and hid. After awhile he popped his head out and hopped up on the bed. We’re just chilling now as I lurk the boards. I’m getting pretty hungry but I don’t want to disturb the hang.

rkulla

« Reply #2924 on: April 14, 2024, 03:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
They've talked about how no one says anything to them in person that read about online.
[close]
They do an online show for people who are on the internet - do they think everybody lives in Venice? It seems pretty reasonable that the criticism would be online doesn't it?

Venice is right in mix of a a ton of skaters, which is also why it's easier for them to get guests there. Plus they skate the curbs and have encountered a lot of viewers in the wild. It's been over 7 years.  Also, we all know most people don't say what they think in person be it because they're afraid or are just trying to be nice, which sounds a lot like we're all part of a Nine Club called society.

rkulla

« Reply #2925 on: April 14, 2024, 03:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I picked this five year old up today that needed rehoming. He is super friendly and was scared when I brought him home and hid. After awhile he popped his head out and hopped up on the bed. We’re just chilling now as I lurk the boards. I’m getting pretty hungry but I don’t want to disturb the hang.

That's rad!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2926 on: April 14, 2024, 03:13:32 PM »

dude you donate thousands of dollars a month to a podcast, your opinions don’t mean too much

rkulla

« Reply #2927 on: April 14, 2024, 03:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
dude you donate thousands of dollars a month to a podcast, your opinions don’t mean too much

Not sure if you're intentionally exaggerating or just confused, but i've donated less than $500 this entire year TNC and even on my best month never hit thousands in a month. If my opinion has more weight the less I give then it has way more weight than you thought I guess. Sorry to disappoint by dissing your point.

Brotherly Shuvit

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2928 on: April 14, 2024, 04:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just don't see the point of posting here and "defend" their honnor, of course people are going to clown you.
[close]

Pretty sure they can defend themselves if they wanted to. The thread is called "Wtf is up with the nine club" so i get that people are coming here to vent but it also means some people, like me, might tell you what i think is tf up... Clown away.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Venice is right in mix of a a ton of skaters, which is also why it's easier for them to get guests there. Plus they skate the curbs and have encountered a lot of viewers in the wild. It's been over 7 years.  Also, we all know most people don't say what they think in person be it because they're afraid or are just trying to be nice, which sounds a lot like we're all part of a Nine Club called society.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Not sure if you're intentionally exaggerating or just confused, but i've donated less than $500 this entire year TNC and even on my best month never hit thousands in a month. If my opinion has more weight the less I give then it has way more weight than you thought I guess. Sorry to disappoint by dissing your point.

Game, set and match goes to rkulla…

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 58
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2929 on: April 14, 2024, 04:27:07 PM »
^^ How many times are you going to edit your post, weirdo? We all get the point you’re trying to make.

rkulla

« Reply #2930 on: April 14, 2024, 04:33:33 PM »
^^ How many times are you going to edit your post, weirdo? We all get the point you’re trying to make.

Thank god. Everyone on here thinking I'm defending TNC when all i've been doing is defending myself... Guess that part is over now. I'm sure no one will take a snippet and run with it. G'night all. Have a good one.

Brotherly Shuvit

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2931 on: April 14, 2024, 05:05:54 PM »

Just locking in the flavor.  Will need to marinate on these posts for a while.

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #2932 on: April 14, 2024, 05:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you make stuff online and have an audience, people are going to discuss it and criticise it. If you meet someone in real life, it's normal to be polite.

Online message boards and one-on-one interactions aren’t the same thing.

Pretending they are and saying “no one would say that to their face” is a convenient way to ignore criticism.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • sup dog
« Reply #2933 on: April 14, 2024, 05:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The days of in-person shit talking are over.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2934 on: April 14, 2024, 05:17:42 PM »
we're all part of a Nine Club called society.

nothing's been the since same

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #2935 on: April 14, 2024, 07:18:06 PM »
I tried watching the AVE episode of The Bunt and had to turn it off after a few minutes it was so bad. Donovan and Cephas are so awkward and dull it sounded like they were reading the questions off a teleprompter. I'll take the Nine Club dorks over those two stiffs any day

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #2936 on: April 14, 2024, 07:19:38 PM »
I keep trying to work out what TNC stands for,  and at the moment I'm going with 'Truely Nutty Chocolate' but I'm open to ideas.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

allyouneedisskate

• Rep: -4
  • fuck
« Reply #2937 on: April 14, 2024, 07:22:47 PM »
I tried watching the AVE episode of The Bunt and had to turn it off after a few minutes it was so bad. Donovan and Cephas are so awkward and dull it sounded like they were reading the questions off a teleprompter. I'll take the Nine Club dorks over those two stiffs any day

AVE bunt was pretty good, i think if they seemed awkward it was cos of how staunch AVE is in person, probably woulda been more relaxed if it was like a normal interview so i forgive them

Dad Board

« Reply #2938 on: April 14, 2024, 08:06:52 PM »

Honestly that was my first impression of them too. I didn’t really like the pod for those reasons until one day I ended up binging a bunch of episodes while on an drive and they grew on me, now I’m a fan. They’re just two normal dudes who fan out on skating and sometimes you can tell they’re kinda nervous when it’s a big guest. They just sound like homies at the skatepark asking questions to their favorite pros, which is really all I want in a skateboarding podcast

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 58
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2939 on: April 14, 2024, 08:35:36 PM »

I appreciate the fact they’re regular dudes and they know quite a bit about skateboarding. I like that approach. However, in regards to their abilities in terms of being in front of a microphone or camera, there’s not much there and they haven’t really improved over the course of their seven years as a podcast. To be clear, I like the Bunt and I appreciate how they don’t manufacture any fake energy, but traditionally, these guys are not exceptional broadcasters.