Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 23370 times)

Vintagebody

• Rep: -28
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2020, 12:53:33 AM »
I have. Not the best cups ive skated, but its for sure a good shoe. I'd imagine the all leather/suede version would be sick to skate actually. I only skated those with that soft padding and suede... Durability was OK, better than Blazers/Bruins.
Slightly less, but still very good grip for a cup.

6/10

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -27
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2020, 05:44:55 AM »
A meth head had a beat to shit pair of Emerica Pillars at work last night. He may or may not have gotten them from Salvation Army, but they looked like they held up. I mean they werenít skated, but more like lived in a creek for the last month.

Anyone skated them?

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -4
« Reply #392 on: October 16, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »
Do the Adidas Adiease, specifically the canvas ones, have any type of extra layer for durability? I'm wondering about the basic Adiease, not the Adiease premiere. Thanks.

DaleCooper

• Rep: 0
« Reply #393 on: October 17, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

Who's got em and what are your feelings on em?
[close]

Yeah I very interested in hearing about the fit on last resort !
 I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.
[close]
To add to this fire, my size sold out very quickly. Way too quick for there to be this much silence.

Still waiting on some word about Last Resort as well. Bummmmmmmp

shawngreg

• Rep: 6
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2020, 08:06:27 AM »
def interested in Last Resort feedback as well.

this is a question that i probably know the answer to, but is the half cab pro that much better than og half cabs?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -136
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »
Anyone skated the Nike Team Classics? I'd be keen to hear opinions, especially compared to a bruin or GT blazer - just grabbed a pair for $40 AUD so even if they just meh I'm not bummed.
Is a decent shoe but get half size BIGGER.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2020, 08:24:00 AM »

this is a question that i probably know the answer to, but is the half cab pro that much better than og half cabs?

The difference is what goes into it. You get the removable PopCush/UltraCush. But you can swap them on the OG, the regular one lacks the Vans layer of rubber below the high wear areas of the upper. I want to say the shape is different but itís probably not much (insole will make a difference in fit).
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Crap

• Rep: 26
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »

Your mileage may vary, but I would say the OG Half Cab is a better shoe for my tastes than the pros. I've never much liked Vans pro shoes - the OG one feels a little more stable under your foot (although less cushioned). I don't like the shape of the Half Cab Pro - too slim and the panels are too small. The OG one has more of a classic skate shoe fit, and is closer to the shape of my foot. Pro does have the Duracap layer under the suede, but I don't really skate shoes into the dirt enough to need that (the sole is usually too bald/floppy for me before the suede is toast). If you really like how UltraCush/PopCush insoles feel, and you're looking for a slimmer fitting shoe; you'll probably prefer the pro. They also consistently release new colourways of the pro also, if that matters to you. The Classic, you can usually only find in black lately.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 7
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

Who's got em and what are your feelings on em?
[close]

Yeah I very interested in hearing about the fit on last resort !
 I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.
[close]
To add to this fire, my size sold out very quickly. Way too quick for there to be this much silence.
[close]

Still waiting on some word about Last Resort as well. Bummmmmmmp
Oh hey I have these and skated them a little. Had to buy a half size large cos they didnít have my size, but it hasnít really effected how they skate oddly enough. Only problem is I have to lace them very tight to keep them from slipping a little when I push. They kind of feel like heavy duty Nike bruins. Leather seems beefier and for sure the taping on the side is thicker. I will buy them again when they come in the high top version (word on that is December, I emailed them). Run true to size so Iím going to try and actually get 11s this time not 11.5. Iíve heard some people say they run big but that hasnít been my experience. Def recommend especially if youíre already sold on the way they look.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »

I way prefer the OG over the pro any day. The rubber on the pros are too soft and i think they wear out quicker than the ogs. plus the sole pops out 3/4 times for me.
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.