Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64232 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2020, 05:44:55 AM »
A meth head had a beat to shit pair of Emerica Pillars at work last night. He may or may not have gotten them from Salvation Army, but they looked like they held up. I mean they weren’t skated, but more like lived in a creek for the last month.

Anyone skated them?

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #391 on: October 16, 2020, 08:01:53 AM »
Do the Adidas Adiease, specifically the canvas ones, have any type of extra layer for durability? I'm wondering about the basic Adiease, not the Adiease premiere. Thanks.

DaleCooper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #392 on: October 17, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

Who's got em and what are your feelings on em?
[close]

Yeah I very interested in hearing about the fit on last resort !
 I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.
[close]
To add to this fire, my size sold out very quickly. Way too quick for there to be this much silence.

Still waiting on some word about Last Resort as well. Bummmmmmmp

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2020, 08:06:27 AM »
def interested in Last Resort feedback as well.

this is a question that i probably know the answer to, but is the half cab pro that much better than og half cabs?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »
Anyone skated the Nike Team Classics? I'd be keen to hear opinions, especially compared to a bruin or GT blazer - just grabbed a pair for $40 AUD so even if they just meh I'm not bummed.
Is a decent shoe but get half size BIGGER.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2020, 08:24:00 AM »

this is a question that i probably know the answer to, but is the half cab pro that much better than og half cabs?

The difference is what goes into it. You get the removable PopCush/UltraCush. But you can swap them on the OG, the regular one lacks the Vans layer of rubber below the high wear areas of the upper. I want to say the shape is different but it’s probably not much (insole will make a difference in fit).
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »

Your mileage may vary, but I would say the OG Half Cab is a better shoe for my tastes than the pros. I've never much liked Vans pro shoes - the OG one feels a little more stable under your foot (although less cushioned). I don't like the shape of the Half Cab Pro - too slim and the panels are too small. The OG one has more of a classic skate shoe fit, and is closer to the shape of my foot. Pro does have the Duracap layer under the suede, but I don't really skate shoes into the dirt enough to need that (the sole is usually too bald/floppy for me before the suede is toast). If you really like how UltraCush/PopCush insoles feel, and you're looking for a slimmer fitting shoe; you'll probably prefer the pro. They also consistently release new colourways of the pro also, if that matters to you. The Classic, you can usually only find in black lately.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe I just missed it, but i'm surprised there hasn't been a single Last Resort review on here. Seen a decent amount of praise from people on insta but that's also being pushed by the Last Resort page itself so of course.

[close]

I will be glad to stop supporting converse and their subcontracted Chinese-muslim slave labor camps.
[close]
To add to this fire, my size sold out very quickly. Way too quick for there to be this much silence.
[close]

Oh hey I have these and skated them a little. Had to buy a half size large cos they didn’t have my size, but it hasn’t really effected how they skate oddly enough. Only problem is I have to lace them very tight to keep them from slipping a little when I push. They kind of feel like heavy duty Nike bruins. Leather seems beefier and for sure the taping on the side is thicker. I will buy them again when they come in the high top version (word on that is December, I emailed them). Run true to size so I’m going to try and actually get 11s this time not 11.5. I’ve heard some people say they run big but that hasn’t been my experience. Def recommend especially if you’re already sold on the way they look.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »

I way prefer the OG over the pro any day. The rubber on the pros are too soft and i think they wear out quicker than the ogs. plus the sole pops out 3/4 times for me.

DaleCooper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Oh hey I have these and skated them a little. Had to buy a half size large cos they didn’t have my size, but it hasn’t really effected how they skate oddly enough. Only problem is I have to lace them very tight to keep them from slipping a little when I push. They kind of feel like heavy duty Nike bruins. Leather seems beefier and for sure the taping on the side is thicker. I will buy them again when they come in the high top version (word on that is December, I emailed them). Run true to size so I’m going to try and actually get 11s this time not 11.5. I’ve heard some people say they run big but that hasn’t been my experience. Def recommend especially if you’re already sold on the way they look.

Hell yeah! Our local shop is getting the December drop, the look is perfect and I'm glad you said Bruins. I'm skating low regular blazers right now and they're tanks. Anything with that profile stokes me up.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »
Can we use this thread to ask about discontinued shoes?

I've been on a Brandon Westgate kick lately, watching all his parts, and I completely forgot about his "Brandon Westgate" model on Emerica (the one with the runner toe). The design has definitely aged well, and it was arguably ahead of its time. I remember being turned off by it when it came out, but now I'm curious how it skated.

I can't recall anyone personally who skated them, but how were they? Did people like them?

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2020, 08:05:56 AM »

I've been on a Brandon Westgate kick lately, watching all his parts, and I completely forgot about his "Brandon Westgate" model on Emerica (the one with the runner toe). The design has definitely aged well, and it was arguably ahead of its time. I remember being turned off by it when it came out, but now I'm curious how it skated.

I can't recall anyone personally who skated them, but how were they? Did people like them?

They were pretty sick - no complaints really - shoulda got a second pair and stashed em because they're probably the last closest thing to the Emerica Ellington I so cherished.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hell yeah! Our local shop is getting the December drop, the look is perfect and I'm glad you said Bruins. I'm skating low regular blazers right now and they're tanks. Anything with that profile stokes me up.

I just received my pair. Fits true to size. The sole feels a bit thin under the heel so I'll see about that when I skate them

liahoop9595

• Rep: 16
« Reply #403 on: October 24, 2020, 08:58:38 PM »

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2020, 11:12:55 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone skate the es quattro? need the good, bad, and ugly before i burn some more greenbacks
[close]
or the Evants?
I’m digging that grey colourway...

I didn't skate them but I tried both of them at the shop last time I went in to buy shoes. They were actually puffier than I expected them to be, at least from pics I saw on insta. They fit real nice, tts for me, I'm a size 10. But I went with another pair of Tribos grey/white, I'm just a sucker for that air bubble. It's weird though because I had to half size down with Tribos to a 9.5, cause my heel was slipping in 10s.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2020, 11:43:24 PM »
Any one ever skate just regular Converse Pro Leather mids? These blue suede ones look so nice. https://www.converse.com/shop/p/pro-leather-unisex-high-top-shoe/169503C.html?dwvar_169503C_color=lakeside%20blue%2Fwhite%2Fwhite&styleNo=169503C&cgid=mens-shoes

If you’re scared to commit, Nordstrom some on sale.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2020, 10:22:59 AM »
Anyone try the Emerica Pillars ? How do they fit ?

I’m usually a cupsole guy but I’d like a pair of vulcs I can skate from time to time. My beat up ankles would seem to appreciate mid tops.

I’ve had good luck with Emericas back in the day, however, the last Emerica vulc I had were Westgates first pro shoe, the HalfCab look-a-likes, and they fit really big from what I remember.

Also considering Blazer mids.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:44:18 AM by TheBoognish »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They were pretty sick - no complaints really - shoulda got a second pair and stashed em because they're probably the last closest thing to the Emerica Ellington I so cherished.

Despite cosmetic differences they were very close in feel to The Herman and The Reynolds - maybe a bit wider. All of those were great although I always swapped insoles because the included ones were like paper.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2020, 01:43:26 AM »
Any one ever skate just regular Converse Pro Leather mids? These blue suede ones look so nice. https://www.converse.com/shop/p/pro-leather-unisex-high-top-shoe/169503C.html?dwvar_169503C_color=lakeside%20blue%2Fwhite%2Fwhite&styleNo=169503C&cgid=mens-shoes

I had the regular ones in white leather last summer. They are a tank of a shoe, kind like a cons blazer. Definitely took some time for them to feel good but overall they were a good shoe. My only gripes are that the seams only have one layer of stitching and I ended up ripping the lacing system completely. Also I'd say go halfsize down: got them in us10 should've gone with the 9.5 I wear in vans pros.. If you have a wide last and want cupsole midtop this is a shoe for you..

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
Anyone skate the new Lakai Newport XLK Cupsoles? They look tasty but I remember the Newport hi vulcs having some sketch sizing. 9.5 and size 10 was such a big difference for me with the hi’s - scared to order the wrong size

SpookDad2

• Rep: 0
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2020, 03:19:49 PM »
Might be looking for a new shoe soon as im getting down to the wire on my Lakai Manchester XLKs. Has anyone here skated the Vans Rowan Pro or Berle pro? If so what are your opinions? I liked the Manchesters and like cupsole but kinda miss the boardfeel of vulc.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »
Anyone skate the new Lakai Newport XLK Cupsoles? They look tasty but I remember the Newport hi vulcs having some sketch sizing. 9.5 and size 10 was such a big difference for me with the hi’s - scared to order the wrong size

haven’t skated them yet since i’m injured but they fit tts for me(size 10)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2020, 05:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haven’t skated them yet since i’m injured but they fit tts for me(size 10)
you’re the dude. Thank you

Coolguy69

• Rep: 31
« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »
Has anyone tried out the state pacifica cupsole yet?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2020, 06:33:45 PM »
@Murge did you get your pair yet?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2020, 02:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote

If you’re scared to commit, Nordstrom some on sale.

had these, were good, little stiff at start
edit:
i did lace (thight) to the top

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
@Murge did you get your pair yet?

They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I’m stoked

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Your mileage may vary, but I would say the OG Half Cab is a better shoe for my tastes than the pros. I've never much liked Vans pro shoes - the OG one feels a little more stable under your foot (although less cushioned). I don't like the shape of the Half Cab Pro - too slim and the panels are too small. The OG one has more of a classic skate shoe fit, and is closer to the shape of my foot. Pro does have the Duracap layer under the suede, but I don't really skate shoes into the dirt enough to need that (the sole is usually too bald/floppy for me before the suede is toast). If you really like how UltraCush/PopCush insoles feel, and you're looking for a slimmer fitting shoe; you'll probably prefer the pro. They also consistently release new colourways of the pro also, if that matters to you. The Classic, you can usually only find in black lately.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=96943.msg2698313#msg2698313
hardly art, hardly starving

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
AJ1 lows. Definitely not the friendliest to your wallet for skating, but I really like the look and Jordans I've owned in the past were definitely comfy. But how do they skate

Barbados Slim

• Rep: 8
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:02 PM »
AJ1 lows. Definitely not the friendliest to your wallet for skating, but I really like the look and Jordans I've owned in the past were definitely comfy. But how do they skate

I've skated a few pairs, probably some of my favourite skate shoes ever. Sole is a good middle ground between supportive and providing good boardfeel and they sit a tad higher on the ankle than most other 'low' shoes so they feel pretty secure. Pretty comfy and they seem to last me longer than most other shoes too. Definitely recommend. They run a half size big in my experience tho.