Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64246 times)

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« on: March 26, 2020, 03:03:56 PM »
Hi!

I, like many others, like to read some short impressions/reviews of shoes before I spend my hard earned cash. Request & share in this thread so its easier to find.

I'll start by requesting impressions on these:
Adidas Copa Nationale
Adidas 3St.004
Has anyone skated these?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:29:01 PM by Vintagebody »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: The "Have anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:25:18 PM »
has*

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 03:40:55 PM »
Just asked about vans rowley rapidwell pro in upcoming shoe thread, responses below to get this started.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone tried the rowley rapidweld pro?
[close]

Yeah just finished skating a pair. Highly recommend.
[close]

Same. I skated a pair when they first came out. Really durable and good sole, they don’t wear out as fast as regular vans sole since it uses waffle cup. Along with the no stitch, mine took a while to show wear and tear.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
Hi!

I, like many others, like to read some short impressions/reviews of shoes before I spend my hard earned cash. Request & share in this thread so its easier to find.

I'll start by requesting impressions on these:
Adidas Copa Nationale
Adidas 3St.004
Has anyone skated these?

Thanks!
I have a pair of 3st.004 that I skate in from time to time when I'm in between
Finding something new... but like a lot of people I have too many shoes..

In regards to 3st.004 nice comfortable shoe but I don't particularly like skating
In them I think they fit me funny . I have med-high arches if that helps idk..
I would not buy again  but would not be surprised if people on here disagree because it's a quality shoe
And probably me having shoe madness.. I leave 50% of sessions hating my shoes  :-\
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:01:04 PM by Nth syd bear »

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »
I wear 3st.004 as chillers. Idk if I could handle the heel-toe drop as skate shoes. Seems like a 10mm drop and maybe 8mm after the insoles pack out. With some socks I can't keep my feet from sliding forward. Fwiw, I think I'm ok with a 4-6mm drop.
Boardfeel in the forefoot is amazing. Grip is pretty good and that weird fixing tape seems grippier than the hex part. Arch support oddly comes from the fixing tape and the shape of the upper, insole is pretty flat.
Have you seen Art's coffee break review on the shoes?

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »
Slight aside, but I'm surprised the heel to toe drop of skate shoes isn't more a thing. I can't stand adidas because they seem to have an insane drop. However, it is one more thing to become totally obsessed about like wheelbase and shit though.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 09:33:36 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »
Slight aside, but I'm surprised the heel to toe drop of skate shoes isn't more a thing. I can't stand adidas because they seem to have an insane drop. However, it is one more thing to become totally obsessed about like wheelbase and shit though.

Agreed for the most part.. adidas side note I did not have an issue with city cups other than I broke my big toe skating in them
I've got a new pair of them on ice but I now have it in my head they aren't protective enough..

Vintagebody

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 01:24:12 AM »
I wear 3st.004 as chillers. Idk if I could handle the heel-toe drop as skate shoes. Seems like a 10mm drop and maybe 8mm after the insoles pack out. With some socks I can't keep my feet from sliding forward. Fwiw, I think I'm ok with a 4-6mm drop.
Boardfeel in the forefoot is amazing. Grip is pretty good and that weird fixing tape seems grippier than the hex part. Arch support oddly comes from the fixing tape and the shape of the upper, insole is pretty flat.

Thanks for this. I wasent aware that they had heel-toe drop... Thats a big turn off

I cant say ive noticed much heel-toe drop in the Adidas ive skated so far.
Only Adiease and Matchbreak Super. Maybe thats why I enjoy them so much for 3 flips? :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 01:26:28 AM by Vintagebody »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for this. I wasent aware that they had heel-toe drop... Thats a big turn off

Only Adiease and Matchbreak Super. Maybe thats why I enjoy them so much for 3 flips? :D

I don’t think they have such a big heel to toe drop.
Not like a busenitz or something like that, they feel “normal”... I’m super picky with skate shoes and those have worked for me really well. I’m on my second pair right now and I love the sock fit of the tongue. The heel is more padded that today’s skate shoes which I also like because it locks it down better.
I think the grip of the tooling is like any regular cupsole, but it’s really flexible and takes no time to break in because of the hexagonal cuts.
My downsides are actually the looks, I’m not too massive on the aesthetic of it, the front facing stripes look really out of place in a shoe with such simple lines, but thats personal opinion.
Also, make sure to superglue the seams on the eyestay before skating, that thing rips quite quick if you don’t.

I also have the Copa Nationale to try next but haven’t yet.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

t0mmywr1ght3rd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 02:10:15 AM »
dc legacy/tribeka/kalis

ive been skating tribekas and legacys lately but what the fuck is up with toe box. my big toe hurts after every sesh. i sized up but maybe i should go up another size idk

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 03:03:39 AM »
I skate the Legacy Slims. They’re a great shoe. The sole feels pretty big at first, but you get used to it/it breaks in. They’re really comfortable and they hold up really well. I’ve been skating a pair for about a month and a half now and the suede is just starting to show signs of wear. If your big toe hurts it’s probably because you sized up and they’re slightly too big
I want to try the Tribeka’s as well. They look like another shoe out of 1998 that was slimmed down and updated for 2020
fuck you bama

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 04:06:35 AM »
Anyone tried Adidas 3st.001 Or 002? With the 002 specifically do they stay tight or do they start to kind of rattle around as they get older and how much of a pain in the ass is it to put them on and take them off?

Also has anyone tried the original Suciu ADV? How do they stack up against the adv 2?

For reference, I typically skate vulcs and I like my shoes to be fairly flexible but still have some padding. I

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:05 AM »
I just want to second that, the DC legacy slim is a great shoe that takes forever to break in.

Anybody mess with the nike SB alleyoop. Their like the current chain store SB shoe but I like them. They look like a better version of the new GTS
https://static.nike.com/a/images/t_PDP_1280_v1/f_auto/uuksuuo9jvravohynlvo/sb-alleyoop-skate-shoe-d7G7HK.jpg

Vintagebody

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 05:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote

I've read somewhere that they have actual plastic around with the heel? Can you confirm this?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 05:56:05 AM »
Busenitz pro. Half size down, $28 worth it? New from adidas. I always try to convince myself but usually pass..

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 06:15:50 AM »
Busenitz pro. Half size down, $28 worth it? New from adidas. I always try to convince myself but usually pass..
It’s that fucking tongue man. It falls to the side and you have a pillow between the side of your foot and the side of the shoe making ollies and shit feel weird. Maybe it’s my super flat foot causing the tongue to shift? I don’t know but that’s what keeps me from getting another pair. Elastic tongue straps should come standard with all puffy shoes.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s that fucking tongue man. It falls to the side and you have a pillow between the side of your foot and the side of the shoe making ollies and shit feel weird. Maybe it’s my super flat foot causing the tongue to shift? I don’t know but that’s what keeps me from getting another pair. Elastic tongue straps should come standard with all puffy shoes.
yeah... I’d plan on cutting the tongue down but still same issue and it’s been well documented as a flaw with them

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 06:35:19 AM »
never cut the tongue off your busenitz

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t think they have such a big heel to toe drop.
Not like a busenitz or something like that, they feel “normal”... I’m super picky with skate shoes and those have worked for me really well. I’m on my second pair right now and I love the sock fit of the tongue. The heel is more padded that today’s skate shoes which I also like because it locks it down better.
I think the grip of the tooling is like any regular cupsole, but it’s really flexible and takes no time to break in because of the hexagonal cuts.
My downsides are actually the looks, I’m not too massive on the aesthetic of it, the front facing stripes look really out of place in a shoe with such simple lines, but thats personal opinion.
Also, make sure to superglue the seams on the eyestay before skating, that thing rips quite quick if you don’t.

you can destripe the busenitz since they are stitched on
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah... I’d plan on cutting the tongue down but still same issue and it’s been well documented as a flaw with them
I skated a pair of Busenitz when the first came out, and they were weird but ok if I remember.

BUT I got another pair recently just for casual/work shoes since Adidas had them for cheap.
I think I pretty much hate the shoe at this point. My heel slips like crazy, the tongue is poorly designed, and I tried skating them once and remembered how bad the heel raise is.
I honestly can't wait to take them off after a long day and just feel bad NOT wearing something I paid for.

Joe Davola

• Rep: 59
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:30:51 AM »
Super thin vulc lover here.

Boardfeel and grip are def my top priorities.

I wish I liked cupsoles, especially Adidas. Busenitz are one of my favorite looking shoes. Can't stand skating them. Heel always slips out, tongue falls to the side and the tall heel throws off my balance big time.

I bought some 3St.004s for super cheap, knowing they'd just be for chill. My heel and the tongue stays put, but the tall heel still would mess with my skating.

Vintagebody

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »
Super thin vulc lover here.

Boardfeel and grip are def my top priorities.

I wish I liked cupsoles, especially Adidas. Busenitz are one of my favorite looking shoes. Can't stand skating them. Heel always slips out, tongue falls to the side and the tall heel throws off my balance big time.

I bought some 3St.004s for super cheap, knowing they'd just be for chill. My heel and the tongue stays put, but the tall heel still would mess with my skating.

And this is why Nike, specifically the Blazer GT, is my fav shoe.
Thin vulc sole. The sole's height is low, creating more a cup feel to the flick. Tongue has straps. Many lace holes so you can really get locked in. They have a huge drawback, and thats durability.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:42:24 AM by Vintagebody »

t0mmywr1ght3rd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 04:29:36 PM »
I skate the Legacy Slims. They’re a great shoe. The sole feels pretty big at first, but you get used to it/it breaks in. They’re really comfortable and they hold up really well. I’ve been skating a pair for about a month and a half now and the suede is just starting to show signs of wear. If your big toe hurts it’s probably because you sized up and they’re slightly too big
I want to try the Tribeka’s as well. They look like another shoe out of 1998 that was slimmed down and updated for 2020

word, thanks. i think the tribekas are my fav shoe rn, they're super comfy once broken in

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:47 PM »
Anyone tried Adidas 3st.001 Or 002? With the 002 specifically do they stay tight or do they start to kind of rattle around as they get older and how much of a pain in the ass is it to put them on and take them off?

Also has anyone tried the original Suciu ADV? How do they stack up against the adv 2?

For reference, I typically skate vulcs and I like my shoes to be fairly flexible but still have some padding. I
I've skated the original Suciu's and they do last a long time. However, the insoles they come with are rubber-like (Adiprene) and it rolls up your socks on the bottom when putting on the shoe. Super annoying. I haven't skated his second shoe so unfortunately I can't do a comparison

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 06:10:23 PM »
I wish they kept the Busenitz pro RX a staple in the line. Or at least implement the changes into the OG.
It was truly the best version of the Busenitz Pro. The tongue had the straps, so it’s stays in place and feels snug. The heel had this “cat tongue” material that grips your heel in. Also the stroble board was a thin Eva, which might not be a lot but any cushioning added is a plus. Pig suede too, those things were tough. I still have a red pair in the ice but I don’t see myself skating an all red pair of shoes. :/

Also, cutting the tongue of the Busenitz down is straight up profanity. Don’t do that.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I've skated the original Suciu's and they do last a long time. However, the insoles they come with are rubber-like (Adiprene) and it rolls up your socks on the bottom when putting on the shoe. Super annoying. I haven't skated his second shoe so unfortunately I can't do a comparison

It’s probably the same, they didn’t change the insole on the 2nd one. I also have a pair of Suciu 1s, skated like 2 or 3 times but I wasn’t feeling them. Been collecting dust for a while now.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I've read somewhere that they have actual plastic around with the heel? Can you confirm this?

What do you mean Plastic around the heel?
They have like a fused tpu layer in the heel, but there’s nothing crazy about it. Maybe a bit more stability but nothing else. They also don’t have a noticeable raised heel like the Busenitz, or even the 3ST.004 (which I don’t think it has that much of a raised heel anyway). They are quite thin too, I think more low impact friendly, like regular indoor soccer shoes...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Vintagebody

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 01:12:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They have like a fused tpu layer in the heel, but there’s nothing crazy about it. Maybe a bit more stability but nothing else. They also don’t have a noticeable raised heel like the Busenitz, or even the 3ST.004 (which I don’t think it has that much of a raised heel anyway). They are quite thin too, I think more low impact friendly, like regular indoor soccer shoes...

I just read a review on them at the adidas webpage: "The suede on the shoe is very nice but I would’ve preferred more suede or leather Instead of plastic on the shoe.". So I was guessing the blue part of the sole (so from mid to around heel) was plastic :D

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just read a review on them at the adidas webpage: "The suede on the shoe is very nice but I would’ve preferred more suede or leather Instead of
 plastic on the shoe.". So I was guessing the blue part of the sole (so from mid to around heel) was plastic :D
Ah ok, no it’s not plastic. It’s just another color of rubber. Think of a similar construction to the city cup.
They have like a twin cup construction on the medial side that shows the midsole foam (like the Liberty Cup or a Reebok Club C):

It’s pretty soft, but not sure which compound it is.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP