Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64276 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2020, 06:18:31 PM »
Not really a "Has anyone skated" question, but has anyone had any experience with the Lakai Evos?

I'm thinking of getting them for distance running since nearly everything about them scream running shoe, but I can't find any information about using them for running.

I'm guessing they're probably meant to be chillers rather than performance shoes, but it couldn't hurt to try my luck.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »
Not really a "Has anyone skated" question, but has anyone had any experience with the Lakai Evos?

I'm thinking of getting them for distance running since nearly everything about them scream running shoe, but I can't find any information about using them for running.

I'm guessing they're probably meant to be chillers rather than performance shoes, but it couldn't hurt to try my luck.
just get shoes made for that, your feet will thank you

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »
Anyone skated the accel OG recently? I can’t really wear HalfCabs anymore and I’m not afraid of more padding. I tried the accel slims but the forefoot area was to thin underfoot for me. Do the OGs still have that nice locked down feeling? Do they stay fairly stiff? I skated them a lot before eS went under and now that they’re back do they still feel the same?

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2020, 11:52:07 PM »
Emerica Omen Hi?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2020, 02:30:38 AM »

Just get actual running shoes. 

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2020, 06:24:26 AM »
Anyone skated the Copa National? I’d be interested to see how that shoe holds up / breaks down. I’ve got 3 pairs of cons left but then I think I got to go back to something a bit more supportive.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2020, 06:31:00 AM »

Don't do it
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2020, 01:03:33 PM »
Any Cons shoe recommendations? Never had any and now when my feet are still relatively young, i'm down to try some.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
Any Cons shoe recommendations? Never had any and now when my feet are still relatively young, i'm down to try some.
My best advice is to seek out an old used pair with a lunarlon insole. Take those and put them in a ctas or onestar, both are great shoes but the new insoles aren’t great. I have some Louies next in line , I hear great things

Junglist

« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2020, 06:39:46 PM »
etnies senix/mc rap??

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2020, 07:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My best advice is to seek out an old used pair with a lunarlon insole. Take those and put them in a ctas or onestar, both are great shoes but the new insoles aren’t great. I have some Louies next in line , I hear great things
I might have some Footprints laying around somewhere so thats okay, how is the sizing on ctas or onestars nowadays?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2020, 09:03:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I might have some Footprints laying around somewhere so thats okay, how is the sizing on ctas or onestars nowadays?
I go .5 size down can’t speak on the sizing adding FP’s though I’d imagine it would change the fit

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2020, 05:23:46 PM »
How are the Converse Checkpoint on sizing and heel + ball support? I'm an 8 in Vans + Adidas, 8.5 in GT Blazers. Love the support I get in Adidas Campuses and Vans with Popcush/Ultracush, but the GT Blazers absolutely killed my heels, which if I remember correctly a lot of Converse have.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:42:36 PM by GoldenGateHeights »

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2020, 07:56:53 AM »
Emerica Omen Hi?
I think the colorways have differences. I've skated the Winkowskis. They have fairly thick padded ankle support and a little rubber ollie patch. It's a standard vulc sole. The upper takes some breaking in. They will wear out like a typical vulc shoe will.
No.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
etnies senix/mc rap??
I had the Senix. Moderately puffy. The tongue was a nice poof in my opinion. I went 0.5 size up like I do in the Marana and and they fit pretty well. I think they'd be a little snug/tight at TTS, in my opinion.
The sole is deceiving. You sit much lower than you think would by looking at it. Despite that, still quite nice fit. I opted to throw some Ultracush HD insoles in there instead of the thin foam ones and they skated okay for me. Fit fairly comfortably. Ironically, with their "non slip" grip, I was sliding around on my grip tape and at parks. The flick was decent and they seemed to be somewhat durable, but I retired them early because they just did not break in and skate the way I wanted them to. 6.5-7/10.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:54:59 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Junglist

« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
Expand Quote
etnies senix/mc rap??
[close]
I had the Senix. Moderately puffy. The tongue was a nice poof in my opinion. I went 0.5 size like I do in the Marana and and they fit pretty well. I think they'd be a little snug/tight at TTS, in my opinion.
The sole is deceiving. You sit much lower than you think would by looking at it. Despite that, still quite nice fit. I opted to throw some Ultracush HD insoles in there instead of the thin foam ones and they skated okay for me. Fit fairly comfortably. Ironically, with their "non slip" grip, I was sliding around on my grip tape and at parks. The flick was decent and they seemed to be somewhat durable, but I retired them early because they just did not break in and skate the way I wanted them to. 6.5-7/10.
Thanks man! I think the rap has the same sole too.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
etnies senix/mc rap??
[close]
I had the Senix. Moderately puffy. The tongue was a nice poof in my opinion. I went 0.5 size up like I do in the Marana and and they fit pretty well. I think they'd be a little snug/tight at TTS, in my opinion.
[close]
Thanks man! I think the rap has the same sole too.
No problem man! I meant to say that I 0.5 sized up for these. I believe they do share the same sole!
Super Champion Fun Zone

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
i havent skated Vans in probably 5 years, but have been interested in trying a pair again.  out of all the models they offer now is there 1 that seems to be a fan favorite?  classic pro oldskools or halfcabs?  the walkers, rowans, berles, or crocketts??  any insight is appreciated bros

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »
For vulc shoes, Halfcab pros are one of the best ones out there. Fully recommend them.

Currently skating Old Skools and not really feeling them. Shoe feels really floppy and too wide even for my feet.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »
I thought they were fine but the general consensus is that people didn’t like the Elijah.

The Rowan is like the half-can and has gotten some positive feedback. Sk8-his aren’t so bad.

The old skool doesn’t feel so bad but the suede doesn’t cover the canvas and it’s kinda crappy for how I personally heel flip.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
i havent skated Vans in probably 5 years, but have been interested in trying a pair again.  out of all the models they offer now is there 1 that seems to be a fan favorite?  classic pro oldskools or halfcabs?  the walkers, rowans, berles, or crocketts??  any insight is appreciated bros

been skating the rowans after a year + of GT Blazers, really like them after they broke in . definitely holding up better durability wise as well.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »
Just got these on sale and was planning on skating them hopefully. Converse pro high tops non skate. I’m pretty sure there were a few people on here saying they skated em but forgot what the feedback was
https://www.champssports.com/product/converse-pro-leather-hi-mens/166813C.html

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2020, 12:17:24 PM »
hell yeah, thanks for the feedback bros

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
Just got these on sale and was planning on skating them hopefully. Converse pro high tops non skate. I’m pretty sure there were a few people on here saying they skated em but forgot what the feedback was
https://www.champssports.com/product/converse-pro-leather-hi-mens/166813C.html

I had the suede ones from the Hopps collab. Technically part of the skate line, but I think they're the same as the non-skate ones. I bought them online, and the fit was borderline too big - I might have gone down a half size if I had tried them on. The collar goes up pretty high - I couldn't wear them with the top eyelet laced. The sole is kind of a brick - pretty stiff, not much cushion, and doesn't change much when it breaks in. I didn't mind that, but you won't like it if you normally skate vulcs. The sole did feel a little bit tall/tippy, and I wish there was a bit less drop from heel to toe (I wear orthotics, so heel drop is really noticeable - may not be an issue for anyone else). They lasted a while - the upper got a little floppy, but the sole held onto the support and grip, and nothing blew out prematurely. I would think the leather upper will hold onto its shape longer than suede, but you might be mad at the flick until they're broken in.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2020, 06:42:01 PM »
Anyone skated the Copa National? I’d be interested to see how that shoe holds up / breaks down. I’ve got 3 pairs of cons left but then I think I got to go back to something a bit more supportive.

I'm recovering from a hip surgery so I haven't actually done anything other than roll around in them and wear them, but I'm way stoked on them. Comfy  ass shoes for sure. I'm sure there's a YouTube wear test for them from someone. Seem like a durable shoe from actually seeing and wearing them. Hopefully I'll know within the next month or so.

larryhagman

« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
How are the Converse Checkpoint on sizing and heel + ball support? I'm an 8 in Vans + Adidas, 8.5 in GT Blazers. Love the support I get in Adidas Campuses and Vans with Popcush/Ultracush, but the GT Blazers absolutely killed my heels, which if I remember correctly a lot of Converse have.

I fit Vans 9.5 perfectly and I think I got the Checkpoints in 9.5 but they run pretty small. Very narrow fit like most cons but I broke them in eventually. I liked them although the outsole was not that durable and my heel would slip if I didn't lace them to the top. They have a removable insole that is alot thinner than old lunarlon/ultracush/etc. insoles but I liked it and put them in my 3MCs

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2020, 08:31:39 AM »
Lynx zero anyone?

I’m loving my Lynx OGs, and while the zero loses some of the aesthetic. It looks like it gives a little more “flick” (I realize this is probably mental) and board feel. Tough to find anything on them though

Mink

• Rep: 4
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »

all-suede Vault Old Skools.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »
Lynx zero anyone?

I’m loving my Lynx OGs, and while the zero loses some of the aesthetic. It looks like it gives a little more “flick” (I realize this is probably mental) and board feel. Tough to find anything on them though

I'm skating a pair at the moment black grey red ones.

I really like them...  but they are not durable in the least
The inner soles suck and the stitching goes fast

Plenty of board feel and they are soles are not overly stiff..
as I said I like them and ordered another pair already
but if you go through shoes quick or want vakue for money i wouldn't reccomend

WHYAMIDOINGTHIS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »
These are for sale until tomorrow for like 32 bucks, has anyone skated these, are they good?
Etnies Jameson Vulc Mid Top