Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64247 times)

Mcidraque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #510 on: January 11, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »
Has anyone skated the AVEs or the Berle Pros? Looking for my next set of shoes and the local only really holds vans, wondering what slap's opinion on the matter is

Berles were kind stiff and a pebble magnet. Insole being sewed to the shoe not my thing either since i have to stick a thin extra one inside my right shoe due to a shorter leg. On the stiff side vans wise

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2021, 11:48:35 AM »
Any update on Last Resort AB shoes? The new drop will be available at my local shop on Friday, and I was thinking of getting a pair. Also, for anyone who owns a pair: are they true to size?

I usually skate pretty thin vulcs (CONS, Vans, etc.) One of my favorites this summer were Shin's Adidas matchbreak supers.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2021, 11:52:15 AM »
Any update on Last Resort AB shoes? The new drop will be available at my local shop on Friday, and I was thinking of getting a pair. Also, for anyone who owns a pair: are they true to size?

I usually skate pretty thin vulcs (CONS, Vans, etc.) One of my favorites this summer were Shin's Adidas matchbreak supers.
My feet are little bit on the wider side and tts fitted me perfect.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:40 PM »
I love my pair. Haven’t skated em much though. Highly recommend looking at the size chart in their site and measuring your foot. Could be Eu sizing or something but after measuring my foot I found I’d be good for the 12 whereas I wear 13 in Nike and NB.
@wizardof0dds

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #514 on: January 14, 2021, 08:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Eh only about 50%, probably less, of the Knox 440 is actually leather. Amazing shoe though, I just got them in yesterday.
[close]
got a pair of the tom knox 440s 2 weeks ago. broke in quick, good ankle support, good boardfeel. sole is already feeling a little soft tho, was hoping itd be more durable/padded. i've honestly had vans that kept their padding longer, and the whole reason i switched to NB was to try and get more padding under my feet. after reading threads here i got the ipression that the 440s were a really good middle ground between vulc boardfeel and cup padding. that seemed to be the case for my first 5 sessions or so, but not anymore.

also, i underestimated how warm my feet would be in leather high-tops. if i lived somewhere cold this would be a huge selling point, but i recently moved to LA and therefore my feet are sweating like hell. that's my own mistake i guess, whoops.
[close]

i'm debating copping a pair of these but im really not used to high tops. the only ones ive worn was vans sk8 his and they hella hurt the back of my ankle and my foot never truly felt held in them. would you say these 440s are similar?

I haven’t ever worn sk8-hi’s but these definitely have a weird feeling in the ankle similar to what you’re describing. It varies a bit depending on how their laced, but it’s often at least a little “off.” With that said, I’m happy to have some extra support and protection on my ankles after a nasty ankle roll over the summer.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #515 on: January 15, 2021, 04:00:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Eh only about 50%, probably less, of the Knox 440 is actually leather. Amazing shoe though, I just got them in yesterday.
[close]
got a pair of the tom knox 440s 2 weeks ago. broke in quick, good ankle support, good boardfeel. sole is already feeling a little soft tho, was hoping itd be more durable/padded. i've honestly had vans that kept their padding longer, and the whole reason i switched to NB was to try and get more padding under my feet. after reading threads here i got the ipression that the 440s were a really good middle ground between vulc boardfeel and cup padding. that seemed to be the case for my first 5 sessions or so, but not anymore.

also, i underestimated how warm my feet would be in leather high-tops. if i lived somewhere cold this would be a huge selling point, but i recently moved to LA and therefore my feet are sweating like hell. that's my own mistake i guess, whoops.
[close]

i'm debating copping a pair of these but im really not used to high tops. the only ones ive worn was vans sk8 his and they hella hurt the back of my ankle and my foot never truly felt held in them. would you say these 440s are similar?
[close]

I haven’t ever worn sk8-hi’s but these definitely have a weird feeling in the ankle similar to what you’re describing. It varies a bit depending on how their laced, but it’s often at least a little “off.” With that said, I’m happy to have some extra support and protection on my ankles after a nasty ankle roll over the summer.

I lace mine up pretty tight and I get a good heel lock feeling and not too much play in the upper ankle area. I tend to keep other mid/high top shoes laced a bit looser, but the mesh these are made of is just more flexible and doesn't hold it's shape like suede or leather.

Upside is, if you do lace these tight, you'll get ankle support that isn't stiff or restrictive of ankle movements for flip tricks and such.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

professor pound cake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2021, 08:17:52 PM »
heyo! has anybody skated the Adidas Continental 80s or Reebok Workouts? Thank you

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2021, 09:19:18 PM »
Anybody skate those Sabbath Lakai Telfords

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #518 on: February 17, 2021, 12:52:00 AM »
heyo! has anybody skated the Adidas Continental 80s or Reebok Workouts? Thank you

I skated 3 continentals in a row. The sole is pretty thick, stiff and "higher" than I was used to at first. Not so much grip in the beginning either but it settles or I got used to it. The insole is completely flat, but removable, but I did not have any issues with it and did not try how other insoles fit. The tongue is really thin on most models. But I have one suede model(this one: https://www.adidas.de/en/continental-80-shoes/EE5363.html , but for men if there is even a difference other than labeling it) in reserve with a slightly thicker one. I found that the sole offers quite some protection on low impact stuff and primos. The sole lasts forever which is usually the issue for me. With some super glue on the ollie areas from time to time they last forever for me. I think I retired all pairs because they looked like shit after months rather them being not functional anymore or at least I stopped super glueing. It is definitely not the shoe which provides the most board feel and grip (in the beginning) and it might even feel quite horrible and disconnected if you are coming from some vulcs. This sounds quite negative, but I really loved them after getting used to them but they might not be for everyone. Could provide some photos of the insole (or space in the shoe without) or answer specific questions if needed.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2021, 09:08:59 AM »
Has anyone skated the new crockett 2 hi-tops?

I think they look cool for a cupsole..
I know it’s been a year since this question was asked but only one person answered so I figure I’ll jump in with another little review.

5 sessions in on some Crockett highs — I’m pretty happy with them. Definitely a bit heavy (similar to some other beefy vans in the past) and stiff at first (partly due to the cup sole features) but great ankle support and board feel is good for a cup.

I’m coming from some NB Knox 440 highs before this, which were too floppy for my tastes, and I was disappointed since I thought they’d be more padded underfoot than a vulc.

So if you want ankle support and decent sole padding these are great, as long as you don’t mind sacrificing a little board feel and dealing with heaviness. Boardfeel still better than most full cups.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #520 on: March 25, 2021, 05:53:14 PM »
A while back I bought a bunch of CTAS pro highs, the old ones with lunarlon. I got them in 11, same size as I wear in most vulcs (vans, sole tech) and they fit perfectly. A few months ago I ended up with some of the newer(ish) CTAS with the zoom insoles, same size and everything, but the felt almost a whole size bigger and are huge on me.

With the more recent CTAS with the CX foam insoles, how is the sizing relatively? None of my locals have them in and don't want to have to order multiple pairs or whatever. I have some one star pros I'm skating right now and they fit perfectly in my usual size.

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #521 on: March 26, 2021, 12:54:19 AM »
Standard Adidas Superstars, I've skated a pair for two sessions now and the shelltoe has started squeaking as I flick. This happen to anyone else? Does it go away? Do I just turn my music up louder?
Total newbie

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #522 on: March 26, 2021, 01:53:33 AM »
A while back I bought a bunch of CTAS pro highs, the old ones with lunarlon. I got them in 11, same size as I wear in most vulcs (vans, sole tech) and they fit perfectly. A few months ago I ended up with some of the newer(ish) CTAS with the zoom insoles, same size and everything, but the felt almost a whole size bigger and are huge on me.

With the more recent CTAS with the CX foam insoles, how is the sizing relatively? None of my locals have them in and don't want to have to order multiple pairs or whatever. I have some one star pros I'm skating right now and they fit perfectly in my usual size.
Half size down for me, wide footer here

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #523 on: May 02, 2021, 02:41:23 AM »
Adidas forum 84 adv? Enjoying the look of them in pics and they seem like they’d be a solid dunk alternative and skate similarly to the tyshawn but with a slightly different look.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #524 on: May 02, 2021, 02:05:31 PM »
Adidas forum 84 adv? Enjoying the look of them in pics and they seem like they’d be a solid dunk alternative and skate similarly to the tyshawn but with a slightly different look.

I got a pair last week skated in them yesterday for about 20 minutes

So not alot to say yet but they are tts, comfortable,
soles are a bit chunky but not stiff.     I think they will be very nice broken in

I don't see much similarities to dunks other than being a basketball shoe originally 
First impression On feet they feel more like an og lynx without the puffy toungue

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got a pair last week skated in them yesterday for about 20 minutes

So not alot to say yet but they are tts, comfortable,
soles are a bit chunky but not stiff.     I think they will be very nice broken in

I don't see much similarities to dunks other than being a basketball shoe originally 
First impression On feet they feel more like an og lynx without the puffy toungue

Was going to hit this thread and see if they were anything close to Dunks. Seems to not be the case. I’d like to know what they feel broken in. I’m going on a year in a pair of Dunks and i’m not ready to throw them out yet

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »
Es Quattro, new slimmed down "updated" version of the 1998 original. Keen to try them, curious about sizing and if they're supportive or flimsy

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2021, 06:32:14 PM »
Has anyone had a good (or bad)  experience with the new Nike SB Bruin Reacts? I'd like to wear a comfortable cupsole sneaker and the newest colorway looks nice. I'm curious about sizing and cushioning, especially if the sole forefoot is thick enough?

http://www.instagram.com/p/CONYJxDgHj0/

nicky1

• Rep: -1
« Reply #528 on: May 07, 2021, 04:02:11 AM »

I've skated some of the DC OG reissues lately and love them , but they're getting pretty hard to find . anyone skated a pair of the newer eS models ? they look pretty comfortable and supportive aside from being pretty fugly. probably the least fugly of the new eS would be these Evant shoes , but they're pretty expensive . high risk factor !

also , I've never skated the OG eS accel , but they kind of look similar to the DC lynx , wondering if they have a similar feel for skating ?

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2021, 08:03:00 PM »

I've skated some of the DC OG reissues lately and love them , but they're getting pretty hard to find . anyone skated a pair of the newer eS models ? they look pretty comfortable and supportive aside from being pretty fugly. probably the least fugly of the new eS would be these Evant shoes , but they're pretty expensive . high risk factor !

also , I've never skated the OG eS accel , but they kind of look similar to the DC lynx , wondering if they have a similar feel for skating ?

I loved my pair, Not too puffy, fit tts, and they had great grip. Have a pair of brown suedes waiting for when my meniscus heals up.

I tried the white and red ones, I’d imagine the suede ones feeling better, the leather ones have an interesting kind of faux leather that wasn’t my favorite at first but once it broke in they felt better. Those all black suedes look like the best ones so far

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #530 on: May 27, 2021, 05:08:43 AM »

What?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #531 on: May 27, 2021, 06:22:43 AM »
Anybody skate those Sabbath Lakai Telfords

I skated a pair for a about 2 months. I really like them. The XLK sole broke in almost immediately. The upper is padded but not super puffy. The suede has also lasted well and I don't have any holes yet. I've put them on back up because high tops are too hot to skate in Chicago heat and humidity for me but I'm actually going to skate them again once it cools down.

Honestly, these are my favorite Lakais. I think they need to make a low top version as well.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2021, 07:46:23 PM »
Recovering from an ankle surgery and thinking about trying Adidas 3st004 for support and comfort. Any Slappers have any experience, strength, and hope that they'd like to share about these shoes? Do y'all keep the stock insoles or go aftermarket? Thanks <3

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2021, 12:08:28 AM »
I had two pairs. They are true to size as far as width, can be a little large lengthwise. I wore 1 tts 1 half size down, I'll buy tts when I find them again. No room for aftermarket insoles, they would make your heel sit too high and slip. But there's no need for them anyway, the midsole has a nice arch an the boost is very noticeable, I would land hard on my heels and feel nothing. They have a drop on the toes but not as drastically as other adidas, good board feel. The upper gets kinda floppy. Very good flick. My two pairs wore down on the sole first, they have the 3mc sole which I don't love but apart of that they have good materials, esp the rubber on the toeside.

Sorry if that was too long but I think they are one of the best shoes out there, give them a try.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #534 on: June 01, 2021, 11:04:09 PM »

I have a pair of evants, only skated them twice, break in time is Minimal and the board feel / support is great... but I can’t stand looking down at them for some reason! I also had to half size up!

Not even joking when I say I’m contemplating pair of these, doubt any slap heads have skated them...
https://axionfootwear.com/products/majik-black

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #535 on: June 02, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »
I had two pairs. They are true to size as far as width, can be a little large lengthwise. I wore 1 tts 1 half size down, I'll buy tts when I find them again. No room for aftermarket insoles, they would make your heel sit too high and slip. But there's no need for them anyway, the midsole has a nice arch an the boost is very noticeable, I would land hard on my heels and feel nothing. They have a drop on the toes but not as drastically as other adidas, good board feel. The upper gets kinda floppy. Very good flick. My two pairs wore down on the sole first, they have the 3mc sole which I don't love but apart of that they have good materials, esp the rubber on the toeside.

Sorry if that was too long but I think they are one of the best shoes out there, give them a try.
Not true, you could say is part of the design of the 3MC which is vulc, just same pattern.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #536 on: June 02, 2021, 09:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not true, you could say is part of the design of the 3MC which is vulc, just same pattern.

I know I just got lazy on explaining that part.

I was lucky to find a skateshop that had orange label dunks on my size, the black/grey mids. They have this soft leathery upper, has anybody skated them? I would like to skate them if they hold up well enough.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2021, 12:48:40 AM »

Thank you. I'm a bit disappointed I can't use aftermarket insoles but if the boost foam goes throughout the whole midsole then maybe my feet will be ok.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #538 on: June 11, 2021, 08:30:01 PM »
Has anyone skated the new crockett 2 hi-tops?

I think they look cool for a cupsole..

that fucking plastic piece on the heel is a blister magnet for folks with chunky heels. other than that an amazing shoe once broken in. would recommend!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2021, 05:11:22 PM »

@Quique I just got my pair today. They feel incredible. You were 100% correct with your no room for aftermarket insoles comment. I'm psyched that they don't seem to require an aftermarket though. Thanks for taking the time. <3