Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 108369 times)

jgonzalez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #390 on: May 01, 2020, 09:09:54 PM »
Rick and Morty is dumb

nothing's been the since same

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #391 on: May 01, 2020, 09:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck that shit. Why would you hand your board to a cop. I go out of my way to go the other way when one of those dudes come around.
[close]
I really enjoy the small comments you make at times.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anchorman is a terrible movie.
Stepbrothers sucked too.
[close]
Will Ferrell is the worst.
[close]
I wish you could see the reaction I get when I tell people I tried watching Stepbrothers like one time and didn’t care for it. People get actually angry
[close]

You guys aren't alone, I tried watching both those movies and Old School and didn't like any of them. The only memorable scene in any of them is when Ferrell sang Por Ti Volare in Stepbrothers. I'm glad I missed out on the million other movies he's made. He actually seems better on TV - fond memories of Janet Reno's Dance Party.
Not going to lie, I think Old School had at least a few chuckleworthy parts, be it scenes or lines (still in bad taste, some radrad douchebag fantasy movie) and him as the villain in Zoolander was sort of jokes, but the entire franchise of shitty movies with him, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, etc, they all sucks so bad. Never watched Stepbrothers, Wedding Crashers, or any of that cringe shit, I'd honestly rather sit and do nothing.

computerdate, you know how it is - people are dumb. But yeah, getting mad at somone for not liking a movie is extra special. Most movies just suck and lack substance.

Rick and Morty is dumb
That show is for neckbeards.

Saint Coke

« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
Rick and Morty is dumb
Thank you.
I liked spitfire wheels before the F4 came out.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2020, 02:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Rick and Morty is dumb
[close]
Thank you.

You can still buy old spitfire's

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2020, 05:37:58 AM »
People need to stop kidding themselves that AA’s recent footage is anything better than you would see in a local shop vid, yes we get it, his prevent this tragedy part was awesome, get over it.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2020, 05:45:53 AM »
I need to stop kidding myself anything I've ever posted has been worth looking at. From my dumbass lists of dudes with best heelflips to talking shit about people who have made skateboarding awesome, I'm 100% one of the worst dudes on slap
Fixed
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2020, 06:27:27 AM »
There are plenty of things to like about Steve Berra:

Fakie 540s

Dude was on 101

Foundation part, pretty much any part before the end

We've all enjoyed watching berrics stuff that he put together

What's her name, the actress

Dude must have grown up skating in no where America where skating was hated, moved to Cali and made it, the skatemerican dream

Plenty of good photos over the years

I realize I'm not mentioning some things

5-0 in mosaic
listen to cosmic psychos

Saint Coke

« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2020, 07:04:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rick and Morty is dumb
[close]
Thank you.
[close]

Not what I meant, I meant that I didn't jump on the F4 bandwagon and claimed to have always loved spitfire.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #398 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rick and Morty is dumb
[close]
Thank you.
[close]

[close]
Not what I meant, I meant that I didn't jump on the F4 bandwagon and claimed to have always loved spitfire.

Spitfires were a very popular wheel beforehand, and since the F4 improved the product it makes sense that even more people would get on board.

Liking spits before the F4 is not an unpopular opinion though...and technically not even an opinion lol.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:39:43 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #399 on: May 02, 2020, 07:43:17 AM »
People need to stop kidding themselves that AA’s recent footage is anything better than you would see in a local shop vid, yes we get it, his prevent this tragedy part was awesome, get over it.

isn't the hype mostly about the fits at this point?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #400 on: May 02, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion among this crowd, but skateboarding as a collective needs to stop making every cop who can do a kickflip go viral.
[close]

Fuck that shit. Why would you hand your board to a cop. I go out of my way to go the other way when one of those dudes come around.

There was another one going around last night and I left a grumpy comment about how skating with a loaded gun on your belt is probably kinda dumb no matter how safe the holster is and people went nuts on me. Non skaters on Instagram love cops, apparently.

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #401 on: May 02, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »
some cops are pretty damn hot not gonna lie

Ultimate Bitch

« Reply #402 on: May 02, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »
some cops are pretty damn hot not gonna lie

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #403 on: May 02, 2020, 04:16:49 PM »
Early 2000’s spitfire wheels were shit. The ones with plastic cores were garbage, but the other wheels are rad.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #404 on: May 02, 2020, 04:17:01 PM »
I would rather watch him tumble slowly than most footage

Wrangler butts drive me nuts

nothing's been the since same

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #405 on: May 02, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »
Jeans > chinos

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #406 on: May 02, 2020, 07:26:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I would rather watch him tumble slowly than most footage

Wrangler butts drive me nuts

Entire slap community on wrangler butts

Banned from the room

« Reply #407 on: May 02, 2020, 08:43:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope this isn't an unpopular opinion among this crowd, but skateboarding as a collective needs to stop making every cop who can do a kickflip go viral.
[close]

[close]

There was another one going around last night and I left a grumpy comment about how skating with a loaded gun on your belt is probably kinda dumb no matter how safe the holster is and people went nuts on me. Non skaters on Instagram love cops, apparently.

Yeah I used to have this vhs video comp of cops getting hit by truck mirrors while writing tickets. Mostly in tunnels  Best film ever made.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2020, 09:22:35 PM »
Heavy. I got this video of a building in India or something and it’s burning down and the workers are jumping and the music is it’s raining men

I crashed car wasted Bata and one of the cops that arrested me was beautiful
I hit her up but she wasn’t keen, I don’t really blame her haha
listen to cosmic psychos

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »
I thought the Beastie Boys doc sucked. And they were the soundtrack to my skatelife 85-95.

Saint Coke

« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2020, 09:44:23 PM »
Nirvana is over fucking rated

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #411 on: May 02, 2020, 09:58:05 PM »

Totally. I’ve gotten into a few friendly arguments over my theory that you can draw a line from Nirvana in the early 90s to a lot of terrible bands that came after, like Nickelback. Not comparing talent, worth, or quality. Just simply saying that Nickelback probably never ends up on the radio if it weren’t for Nirvana.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #412 on: May 02, 2020, 10:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally. I’ve gotten into a few friendly arguments over my theory that you can draw a line from Nirvana in the early 90s to a lot of terrible bands that came after, like Nickelback. Not comparing talent, worth, or quality. Just simply saying that Nickelback probably never ends up on the radio if it weren’t for Nirvana.
Korn Theory. Without Korn there would be no Limp Bizkit. And without Limp Bizkit there would be no Puddle of Mudd. It's all downhill from here.

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2020, 12:59:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Korn Theory. Without Korn there would be no Limp Bizkit. And without Limp Bizkit there would be no Puddle of Mudd. It's all downhill from here.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2020, 04:38:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

let’s not even get started on how much of a disappointment Dave Grohl turned out to be

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2020, 05:03:13 AM »
I thought the Beastie Boys doc sucked. And they were the soundtrack to my skatelife 85-95.

I’m a fan, but objectively they are not great musicians and the only flow they managed to make work was ‘Ch-Check it Out’, where they finally found an off-kilter cadence that tied up their amateurish rhyming with Jr High school humor, and faux-old school beats and made it work perfectly, and sound like something of their own.

Everything else has parts of good songs. Some have great beats ahead of their time (Paul’s Boutique and Check your head), some have good rhyming (but usually mitigated by nasally high voices) but mostly they sound second-rate at everything they did.

That amateurish approach was endearing, but not anything near the skill and quality that came from all other areas of rap.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:13:01 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #416 on: May 03, 2020, 07:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

you attached the wrong link

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2020, 07:19:43 AM »
Nirvana rules and Nevermind was a huge deal for alternative music. I don't think linking all those shitty bands to them is very fair because you could do that for literally any past influential band at any point in history. Dave Grohl was a big DC hardcore guy but I'm not gonna blame Minor Threat for Foo Fighters lol.

But on that note, I think Dave Grohl kinda sucks.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2020, 07:58:08 AM »
Nirvana rules and Nevermind was a huge deal for alternative music. I don't think linking all those shitty bands to them is very fair because you could do that for literally any past influential band at any point in history. Dave Grohl was a big DC hardcore guy but I'm not gonna blame Minor Threat for Foo Fighters lol.

He’s like the Chris cole of rock music.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: May 03, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He’s like the Chris cole of rock music.

hahaha, that's a pretty apt comparison.

His "nice guy" shtick always seemed insincere to me but this sorta solidified it for me.
https://loudwire.com/melvins-buzz-osborne-dave-grohl-blew-off-collaboration/