Author Topic: Ronnie Creager's company  (Read 7367 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
Re: Ronnie Creager's company
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
seeing him in person is fucking wild. I've been lucky enough to skate with a lot of pros, but man, he is an original!
[close]

I second that. I was once at a big pro contest in the 90s. Everybody was there. Penny, Rowley, Koston, Kareem, Muska, Cardiel,  a young MJ, an unknown dude from Finland called Arto, McCrank, almost everyone we now consider legends.

But Creager impressed me most. Most people were practising their runs but he was just skating. Doing different things all the time, never the same trick twice and consistent as fuck.

That's why his part in Menikmati was so disappointing.  I still wonder why. He is far from lazy, I guess he didn't get a lot of support or motivation from Sole Tech.

Bummer for him because a killer part in Menikmati would have made him millions in the golden era after 2000.
[close]
From what I remember hearing, eS wanted him to skate different, more rails and gaps or something maybe? He wanted to do his own thing and that’s why he fell out? If that’s true it’s kind of short-sighted on eS part because that mirror line in the little hockey rink was such a simple concept but it was pretty original and really well done and inspired a ton of people.

Yes, that's what he said in an old TWS interview. Said he felt like he was being brainwashed.

There's no doubt that he was the outlier of the eS team, even moreso than Burnquist. I'd guess Penny was in deeper with Sole Tech and they were trying to market him as the "mysterious" pro. And Creager was probably considered older even back then.

But I loved Creager's part in Menikmati. Even as a 15-year-old, I never thought it sucked, the music and the tricks and style were too good. And his part in RvD 2 was equally as mesmerizing. Two of my favourite parts.

He wasn't too stoked on Blind near the end of his tenure, pretty sure he used the hashtag #damnitfeelsgoodtobefree in a post at that time. So if was happier doing HSD than staying on Blind, then at least that's one positive. I never thought HSD did him due diligence at all, it sucked. I felt bad for him.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2020, 11:41:33 PM »
anyone ever find the gear he stashed in 411?
Me and my buddies all had trowels and dug up holes all over The Block,then we realised that shit wss was recorded months ago and some one else scooped it.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2020, 01:49:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Me and my buddies all had trowels and dug up holes all over The Block,then we realised that shit wss was recorded months ago and some one else scooped it.

How old were you? You and your buddies don't sound like the brightest crayons in the coloring box.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BMCsteve

• Rep: 56
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2020, 06:54:53 AM »
I met him a couple years ago at a park.  Super nice and friendly.  He came up to me and starting chatting, stuck out his hand and was like "Oh, I'm Ronnie by the way".  It was hard to not respond with "uhhh yeah, dude...I know..."

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2020, 08:26:41 AM »
Stomps kickflip back tail bigspin out, looks up: “Hi, I’m god, by the way. Would you like to wear my bucket hat?”

Me: “...yes.”
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2020, 09:04:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

How old were you? You and your buddies don't sound like the brightest crayons in the coloring box.
...we were 14 and trying to be inconspicuous at a shopping  mall with thousands of people driving around. Not gonna pull up with a shovel,and definitely wasn't going to skate miles and miles holding one.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2020, 11:41:26 PM »
everyone's a Ronnie Creagar fan but y'all can't name one line from his Pro File in 411 VM Vol. 4
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2020, 07:55:58 AM »
everyone's a Ronnie Creagar fan but y'all can't name one line from his Pro File in 411 VM Vol. 4
The flatground lines rip, bs heel,switch big flip,switch heel over the slide and a pressure flip. The one after was good too,ends with a switch tre on a steep bank.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2020, 08:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
The flatground lines rip, bs heel,switch big flip,switch heel over the slide and a pressure flip. The one after was good too,ends with a switch tre on a steep bank.
[close]

That was a switch inward heel you faggot.

Ronnie is such a nice guy he would very not like you at all in real life....

At all ....

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2020, 08:19:02 AM »

At all ....

411bandit
Date Registered:March 17, 2020, 05:29:23 PM

lol

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:23:55 AM by Commercial D »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Been a while since I seen it,want a blowjob?

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Been a while since I seen it,want a blowjob?

You should get your head examined for thinking any top pro would put out a pressure flip clip in early '94.

411bandit

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote

At all ....
[close]

411bandit
Date Registered:March 17, 2020, 05:29:23 PM

lol

Lol you twat. I have been skating for nearly 20 years.

You on the other hand have been calling people "faggits" on the internet.

Do you have even skate? Like I mean get out and skate. Not just own a skateboard and post on slap.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2020, 08:31:16 AM »

411bandit

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2020, 08:33:17 AM »
Are you under the illusion that posting on slap is cool?

Now answer my question. You fraud.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2020, 08:36:00 AM »
Are you under the illusion that posting on slap is cool?

Now answer my question. You fraud.

focus your board. and your account.

not necessarily in that order.

411bandit

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2020, 08:37:54 AM »
You don't skate do you ?

Be honest

Your a fake

You own a skateboard and follow skateboarding from a chair in front of a computer.

You don't skate.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2020, 08:46:27 AM »
nigga I'm 65 I'm allowed to retire

411bandit

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »
Faker confirmed.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
Creager waaay ahead of the times with the live stream keyboard concert tho.

RC gave me some etc. insoles at Crossroads, very nice guy, minimal criddling involved on my part.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2020, 01:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
seeing him in person is fucking wild. I've been lucky enough to skate with a lot of pros, but man, he is an original!
[close]

I second that. I was once at a big pro contest in the 90s. Everybody was there. Penny, Rowley, Koston, Kareem, Muska, Cardiel,  a young MJ, an unknown dude from Finland called Arto, McCrank, almost everyone we now consider legends.

But Creager impressed me most. Most people were practising their runs but he was just skating. Doing different things all the time, never the same trick twice and consistent as fuck.

That's why his part in Menikmati was so disappointing.  I still wonder why. He is far from lazy, I guess he didn't get a lot of support or motivation from Sole Tech.

Bummer for him because a killer part in Menikmati would have made him millions in the golden era after 2000.
[close]
From what I remember hearing, eS wanted him to skate different, more rails and gaps or something maybe? He wanted to do his own thing and that’s why he fell out? If that’s true it’s kind of short-sighted on eS part because that mirror line in the little hockey rink was such a simple concept but it was pretty original and really well done and inspired a ton of people.
[close]

Yes, that's what he said in an old TWS interview. Said he felt like he was being brainwashed.

There's no doubt that he was the outlier of the eS team, even moreso than Burnquist. I'd guess Penny was in deeper with Sole Tech and they were trying to market him as the "mysterious" pro. And Creager was probably considered older even back then.

But I loved Creager's part in Menikmati. Even as a 15-year-old, I never thought it sucked, the music and the tricks and style were too good. And his part in RvD 2 was equally as mesmerizing. Two of my favourite parts.

He wasn't too stoked on Blind near the end of his tenure, pretty sure he used the hashtag #damnitfeelsgoodtobefree in a post at that time. So if was happier doing HSD than staying on Blind, then at least that's one positive. I never thought HSD did him due diligence at all, it sucked. I felt bad for him.

I liked his part in Menikmati too. But after witnessing what he could do in one day, basically anything from benihana fingerflip over a pyramid to nollie front foot kickflip straight over a kneehigh flatbar tot switch backlip down a small rail, all first try. So when Menikmati came out I was thinking, man he could pull that off in a chaotic contest in a few hours. Imagine what he could have filmed in a few years. And then... Bonjour Fred and two minutes of footy I am sure he could have filmed in a least a week considering his insane talent.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -374
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

...you’re still a thing?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

411bandit

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

...you’re still a thing?

He's a keyboard skater it seems.

It's a shame thats a thing

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2020, 05:27:30 PM »
Ronnie's Menikmati part was footage he already had. I can see why eS didn't make him a priority after the video came out.