Author Topic: RIP Brooklyn Banks? What are you favorite clips or photos from the banks?  (Read 6728 times)

Nanda Zinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
First the little, now the big too.  A tragic.

Spent a week in the tombs in 94'.  Got released with my buddy who also skated, walked out the door not knowing where we were, but boom, there we were at the brooklyn banks. We had driven to the city from suburban Maryland for dirt bricks, but got knocked by the dirty 30. Those cops took everything they found for themselves so we were released. Anyways, central bookings is far from uptown and the last thing we expected to see upon release was the banks.  Wonder if there are still bricks there to take.
How was the food in the tombs? Also, was it as cold as people say it is?

• Rep: 31
Damn, that’s sad. Here’s to the old days.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Happened to be out there visiting when Mike V ollied the big fence. One of the most insane things I’ve seen in person for sure.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195

Damn.  Here's a classic.

Is that Vallely? Goofy foot seeming wrong

Edit: just read comments, nevermind!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Tom Penny with the switch bs flip -so good.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164

legion

• Rep: 32
Happened to be out there visiting when Mike V ollied the big fence. One of the most insane things I’ve seen in person for sure.
That must have been crazy to see!!
Did anyone keep the spike?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
I always liked seeing people skate the bridge support base as a wall ride spot. Zered Bassett switch flip frontside wallride comes to mind
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
Expand Quote

Spent a week in the tombs in 94'.  Got released with my buddy who also skated, walked out the door not knowing where we were, but boom, there we were at the brooklyn banks. We had driven to the city from suburban Maryland for dirt bricks, but got knocked by the dirty 30. Those cops took everything they found for themselves so we were released. Anyways, central bookings is far from uptown and the last thing we expected to see upon release was the banks.  Wonder if there are still bricks there to take.
[close]

Cold sandwich bag lunch twice a day. Never ate the meat. Just the bread.  There were times when the holding cells were so crowded everyone sat down on the floor in shifts, because there wasn't enough room for everyone to sit on the floor at once.  The main holding cell where there were ports to talk to your lawyers was unbelievable. Big dude stood right behind ever person taking to the hot later and openly beat off. Came multiple times that day on the floor. No one even tried to stop him. All wife open and in front of everyone. Cops just laughed.
COs beat this dude from PR so bad. He had seen a handcuff key somehow. COs knew it. Came into the tank to search him and ask you heard was 200 people's handcuffs clicking back together. We were handcuffed for days it seemed. Anyways, they knew he had it, bear him bloody. Never found the key and finally left the tank. As soon as the turned their backs, dude sticks his tongue out of his bloody mouth and split lips to reveal the handcuff key they wanted so badly. Followed immediately by a razor blade.
 I consider myself lucky it was my first time locked up.  Everything after that was easy.  Actually, Camden county a decade + later was worse. Mad max style worse.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
Keenan's bs heel over the wall.   

Deputy Wendell

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
Expand Quote
[close]
That must have been crazy to see!!
Did anyone keep the spike?
Hard to believe its that guy but thats the sickest thing done there

sluggers

• Rep: -407
If anyone is bored in these turbulent lock-down times it would be great to have an edit of all the gnarly footage from the banks over the years. If one already exists please link.

I was there over the summer, first time was '94, Great times.

I wish I grabbed a brick or two, all was shut down, even if they did bring it back it was all so choppy not sure it would still be any fun.

sluggers

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
wwwwaaaaacccckkkkkk
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
This sucks so much. Always thought this was pretty crazy at 4:40

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
If anyone is bored in these turbulent lock-down times it would be great to have an edit of all the gnarly footage from the banks over the years. If one already exists please link.

I was there over the summer, first time was '94, Great times.

I wish I grabbed a brick or two, all was shut down, even if they did bring it back it was all so choppy not sure it would still be any fun.

I’m hoping for this too. I have the time but I don’t think I know the history well enough and ill omit some classic tricks and people will yell at me. Someone should do it though.

sluggers

And, you can't talk about the banks without thinking of Harold so here he is acting spewing some medical mumbo jumbo with Sharif, good shit.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
This sucks. Been such a slow sad death for the banks. If anyone is going to check it out please hook me up with a brick.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

Damn, so glad I got to get session in. Even had a Gonz sighting...

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Cold sandwich bag lunch twice a day. Never ate the meat. Just the bread.  There were times when the holding cells were so crowded everyone sat down on the floor in shifts, because there wasn't enough room for everyone to sit on the floor at once.  The main holding cell where there were ports to talk to your lawyers was unbelievable. Big dude stood right behind ever person taking to the hot later and openly beat off. Came multiple times that day on the floor. No one even tried to stop him. All wife open and in front of everyone. Cops just laughed.
COs beat this dude from PR so bad. He had seen a handcuff key somehow. COs knew it. Came into the tank to search him and ask you heard was 200 people's handcuffs clicking back together. We were handcuffed for days it seemed. Anyways, they knew he had it, bear him bloody. Never found the key and finally left the tank. As soon as the turned their backs, dude sticks his tongue out of his bloody mouth and split lips to reveal the handcuff key they wanted so badly. Followed immediately by a razor blade.
 I consider myself lucky it was my first time locked up.  Everything after that was easy.  Actually, Camden county a decade + later was worse. Mad max style worse.
Damn, the tombs sound way wild and disgusting. Can only imagine Camden county.

SAH ALL DAY

KB fs 360 over the rail and Strobeck fucked up the clip with his "zoom".

Anyone Zoom with Strobeck? 😂

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Jake Johnson’s wallie tailslide was pretty hard to wrap my mind around when it first dropped. I mean, it still is, but it used to be way more difficult.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

dpelevator

• Rep: 6

Deputy Wendell

it feels like i'm looking at something holy