Author Topic: Nik Stain pro for Hockey  (Read 9946 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: Nik Stain pro for Hockey
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 10:31:57 PM »
I honestly don’t get it. He skates fast and has a rad back smith, but is he really pro material? And are you guys actually hyped about it?
to answer your questions: realistically, probably not. and yes, actually really hyped.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 10:32:29 PM »
This dude gotta dress all goth now

Maybe he'll be the change. He actually skates on a frequent basis so between him and Diego they might actually be able to put a video together.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 259
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »
how many Slap "One in a Million" contestants have turned pro?

forrest, tom k, mango, john fitzgerald, & nik stain

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

forrest, tom k, mango, john fitzgerald, & nik stain

Kevin Coakley, Jake Donnely, Tom Asta, Randy Ploesser
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:52:53 PM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 10:49:29 PM »
I honestly don’t get it. He skates fast and has a rad back smith, but is he really pro material? And are you guys actually hyped about it?

yeah, he is. his footage dumps have more variety and harder tricks than his real parts. they aren't filmed as good. the skate jawn clips for example. also everyone talks about his weird but stylish kickflips even though the dude can do anything switch as well, but his 917 part (even though i love them) make it seem he can only do 5 basic tricks that he does extremely well. i blame editing.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2020, 10:58:56 PM »
Mango turned himself pro, does that really count?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2020, 11:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe he'll be the change. He actually skates on a frequent basis so between him and Diego they might actually be able to put a video together.

Yeah because Caleb, Donovan, AA, Ben, Kevin don't skate on a frequent basis at all.

Left John out because he's been injured.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2020, 11:55:39 PM »
is matt militano not pro?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2020, 12:14:05 AM »
what would matt militano do if he were here right now?😈
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2020, 12:39:23 AM »
What would Brian Boitano do ?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2020, 12:45:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah because Caleb, Donovan, AA, Ben, Kevin don't skate on a frequent basis at all.

I never understood the whole FA/Hockey dudes don’t skate stereotype.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2020, 12:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
good for him. lesson learned for ao: inaction is a slow death
[close]

he would have left even if ao turned him pro
[close]

perhaps.

he stuck around for what.. four years though? aside from two (admittedly one great, one good) videos, that brand did next to nothing else and poor Vincent and Nik languished. there was so much time and resources to really get something going and instead nothing

lucky for them they're still young enough and are getting the proper shot now
[close]

Nik is what, 30 years old? Very old to be turning pro by today's standard. Hockey did it right though by turning him pro right away as opposed to waiting. That's a great first board.

Hockey IV should be great.

I didn't realize he was so old. I usually don't like old skaters but for him it makes me like him more

still stoked

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2020, 04:00:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

perhaps.

he stuck around for what.. four years though? aside from two (admittedly one great, one good) videos, that brand did next to nothing else and poor Vincent and Nik languished. there was so much time and resources to really get something going and instead nothing

[close]

Nik is what, 30 years old? Very old to be turning pro by today's standard. Hockey did it right though by turning him pro right away as opposed to waiting. That's a great first board.

[close]

I didn't realize he was so old. I usually don't like old skaters but for him it makes me like him more

still stoked
30 is old? You must be about 12.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2020, 04:46:41 AM »
The overton window has shifted over the past decade, but 30 years old is still pretty old to be receiving your first pro model.

It’s so strange whenever people try to claim that Nik’s not “pro” material. He really is a one-of-a-kind talent and his footage makes people want to go skate. I don’t see the need to overcomplicate things beyond that.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2020, 06:23:35 AM »
He needs to iron his clothes. Not very professional.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2020, 06:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Four of the names listed beforehand have all said in recent interviews they get over skateboarding and then don’t skate frequently. Jobs, surfing, depression, have all been some of the reasons they’ve given for time off.
No shame. I take time off too. I just don’t get paid to skate.

Caleb is sick though, that dude rips on the regular.

Also, full disclosure, I rip on lazy teams frequently, such as wknd, frog, etc.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2020, 06:43:21 AM »

Not Ollieing high enough and getting kicked off again 

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2020, 07:00:55 AM »
Wah yuh seh mek I tink him quit fi be a pro hockey playa, lek Nik Stain pon da Flyers or pon New York Rangers

I an I haff nah white god

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2020, 07:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, he is. his footage dumps have more variety and harder tricks than his real parts. they aren't filmed as good. the skate jawn clips for example. also everyone talks about his weird but stylish kickflips even though the dude can do anything switch as well, but his 917 part (even though i love them) make it seem he can only do 5 basic tricks that he does extremely well. i blame editing.
He does those basic tricks going hill bomb speed though! Love this guy. But really it’s disappointing how low the standards are production wise for these elite cool guy companies. Where is the full part? If you go pro for a company like this you should put out a part. Not a shared part like the 917 video or some cell phone clips like the skate jawn thing. Give us what we want nik! Tell Kevin Bradley to do the same if you see him.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »
The overton window has shifted over the past decade, but 30 years old is still pretty old to be receiving your first pro model.

It’s so strange whenever people try to claim that Nik’s not “pro” material. He really is a one-of-a-kind talent and his footage makes people want to go skate. I don’t see the need to overcomplicate things beyond that.
Hopefully, he inspires one to buy his sponsors product too. After all, selling stuff is what those companies do, yeah?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2020, 08:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

perhaps.

[close]

Id say thats old for the standards a few years ago. Al Davis turned pro near 30 and there are quite a few people killing it near or over 30. So get with the times old man.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He does those basic tricks going hill bomb speed though! Love this guy. But really it’s disappointing how low the standards are production wise for these elite cool guy companies. Where is the full part? If you go pro for a company like this you should put out a part. Not a shared part like the 917 video or some cell phone clips like the skate jawn thing. Give us what we want nik! Tell Kevin Bradley to do the same if you see him.
Sure Nik may not have th emost technical bag of tricks but the dude goes hella fast, has good style and does a fucking excellent job of linking the tricks together in his lines (one of, if not the best quality of his) I'm guessing hes one of the dudes that if you saw him skate in person you would totally get why he is pro,  but it's harder for footage to translate that.
I'm guessing AVE and Dill who might know a thing or 2 about skating clearly have seen the man skate in person and not only added him to Hockey but gave him a pro board as well. 

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2020, 09:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Four of the names listed beforehand have all said in recent interviews they get over skateboarding and then don’t skate frequently. Jobs, surfing, depression, have all been some of the reasons they’ve given for time off.

Yeah but most pros get burnt on skateboarding at one point, Ishod might literally be the one dude that hasn't. General consensus in interviews is that the high end shit can get so stressful you have to step away for a sanity check.

I just don't understand how as a unit that team gets that label when they are average to above average on content output. Like they aren't Polar/Palace proficient, but they aren't Habitat either.

Edit: Also 30 is the new 26, so he's not that old lol.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:08:29 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »
Fred Gall
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

euro tm

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

smoke too much weed and be awkward for an hour

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »

I'm 31 and plan to turn pro by 45. Am by 40. Wish me luck.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2020, 12:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah but most pros get burnt on skateboarding at one point, Ishod might literally be the one dude that hasn't. General consensus in interviews is that the high end shit can get so stressful you have to step away for a sanity check.

I just don't understand how as a unit that team gets that label when they are average to above average on content output. Like they aren't Polar/Palace proficient, but they aren't Habitat either.

Edit: Also 30 is the new 26, so he's not that old lol.

Louie too

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm 31 and plan to turn pro by 45. Am by 40. Wish me luck.
You’ve GOT this!
Dream big, have “bigger” faith.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Clutching at straws. An interview gives you a snapshot at a certain time and period, but to say they don't skate on a frequent basis is just wrong.

Wrong about WKND & Frog as well.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Clutching at straws. An interview gives you a snapshot at a certain time and period, but to say they don't skate on a frequent basis is just wrong.

Who do you think skates longer and more often between frog/wknd or primative/april? How would you compare the amount of time put in between Jalba and Raymond Molinar against Carlos Ribeiro and Yuto? I firmly believe that Hockey is way sicker than most of the shit out there. Yet, we gotta compare apples to apples.

Full disclosure, I don't own a damn thing from any of those five above and have no attachment. Just a question about observation from the outsider. I'm no super shredder either. Honest is as honest does.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2020, 05:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Who do you think skates longer and more often between frog/wknd or primative/april? How would you compare the amount of time put in between Jalba and Raymond Molinar against Carlos Ribeiro and Yuto? I firmly believe that Hockey is way sicker than most of the shit out there. Yet, we gotta compare apples to apples.

Full disclosure, I don't own a damn thing from any of those five above and have no attachment. Just a question about observation from the outsider. I'm no super shredder either. Honest is as honest does.

Are you really trying to put Raymond Molinar and Jesse Alba up against Carlos & Yuto? Yuto & Carlos make more money than Jesse and Raymond in a year from skateboarding alone. Nobody is paying Raymond to skate, and Jesse probably gets very little. It's not comparing apples to apples at all.