Author Topic: Johan Stuckey Cancelled  (Read 122421 times)

MrDuckey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -98
Re: Johan Stuckey Cancelled
« Reply #810 on: July 09, 2020, 08:35:00 AM »
Emily’s now retweeting and instagramming the nyjah rape allegation so i guess we’ll see

If she can get Nyjah thrown off Nike then we can talk about changing skateboarding. Johan was a very low hanging fruit in the skate industry, without the mentality or funds to defend himself. Him and his homies needed to start their own company to make it in the industry. This is why his homies turned on him immediately. They understand their livelihood is hanging by a thread. They rely on their company and brand loyalty to survive. Not their skateboarding ability.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #811 on: July 09, 2020, 09:56:28 AM »
"I changed skateboarding in 2020"
...Maam, this is a Wendy's, and it's 2035.
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

JamesFardy

• Rep: 64
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #812 on: July 09, 2020, 02:07:16 PM »
"I changed skateboarding in 2020"
...Maam, this is a Wendy's, and it's 2035.

Hahahahahahah perfect response.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #813 on: July 09, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ he has a huge reason to be disingenuous. why wouldnt you think that?
[close]
Damn Zurg got that new OG badge. Now I want a new Pokemon.
[close]

Where the fuck is my OG badge
[close]

I have one so you that means you have to be lame to get it.

adds up in my case

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #814 on: July 10, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Emily’s now retweeting and instagramming the nyjah rape allegation so i guess we’ll see

[close]
If she can get Nyjah thrown off Nike then we can talk about changing skateboarding. Johan was a very low hanging fruit in the skate industry, without the mentality or funds to defend himself. Him and his homies needed to start their own company to make it in the industry. This is why his homies turned on him immediately. They understand their livelihood is hanging by a thread. They rely on their company and brand loyalty to survive. Not their skateboarding ability.
Quite an astute observation, shitty situation all around mainly Johan’s part.

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #815 on: July 11, 2020, 02:30:49 PM »
https://anthonypappalardo.substack.com/p/skateboarding-shames-victims
SKATEBOARDING SHAMES VICTIMS
Empty Apologies, Empty Action, and the Defense of Toxic Masculinity.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #816 on: July 11, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »

Read this in the cadence of AWS Pop's writing on an old typewriter after making some furniture in his basement, unable to make eye contact with himself in the mirror.

Gnarly comparison with the Cape Fear reference.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #817 on: July 11, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »

I have to say this was absolutely awful.

Not only terribly written, but also terrible in general.

His commentary on the Slap forum is especially problematic, and totally ignores all the well-articulated posts in support of the victim that have appeared in this thread (and others on similar threads). He's discussing the same topics that have been touched upon here with much more finesse.

His post sounds entitled and arrogant to an absurd degree. Condescending not only to those he apposes but also those of us who might agree with some of the points he is trying to make.

A writer asking for filters and censorship is especially interesting and VERY worrying. If you drown out voices you don't agree with then what (dangerous) precedents are you setting; what dialogue can exist now; what chance does anyone have of learning anything?

So YOU get to write an article about this. But you want other people to be silenced? I might hate what people say; what they write on here, but the above is NOT the answer. Not to anything. This is one of the greatest problems we face in this fight and so many others: silencing and drawing lines/building walls (when the should be bridges, Etc)

Pappalardo: Seeing as how you obviously lurk here, if you're reading this I would love to talk to you about your "article" DM me.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #818 on: July 11, 2020, 07:47:28 PM »
That article was like some sort of shitpost clip-show.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #819 on: July 11, 2020, 08:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Toxic masculinity hahaha get the fuck out with that bullshit
You are so terrible that your very presence changes the tone of the threads that you contribute to. You are the quiet, shitty little voice in every thread that gets the trolls worked up and this post is a perfect example of your technique. I'm deeply surprised, based on some of the wild shit that you post, that you haven't been banned. You've definitely earned it. Focus your account and come back with a nicer persona.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #820 on: July 11, 2020, 08:23:53 PM »
what skate "journalists" or op/ed writers should be covering is not the example of why this particular incident worked, but why this is the only incident that seemed to work correctly (for lack of a better term).  Bullshit behavior was called out and the board sponsor admitted culpability, responded to the wronged party, and punished the wrongdoer and made statements from a company standpoint and from a rider standpoint that they will do better... all in a relatively timely fashion.  They didn't erase any accusatory comments, claim 'that's not my experience', or do things on the sly.  There are many who can justifiably take issue with what Grant/WKND knew and when they knew it vis a vis Johan having herpes/Johan recklessly spreading herpes and I'm not defending that.  What I think should be acknowledged is that WKND acted as what should be seen as the bare minimum starting point for the future.

What I'd be interested in as a skateboarder and as a consumer of skate product is how to hold all these companies who have yet to acknowledge the other accusations accountable.  It's difficult to boycott someone like Crailtap over the Biebel shit because I didn't buy their brand in the first place.  However, it remains unacceptable that big brands like Nike, Monster and smaller fish like Birdhouse, Pizza, Create, GX1000 won't even look into the allegations and investigate.  If Nyjah, David Loy, Chase Webb, Jamal Gibbs, Jordin from Create didn't rape anyone - say it.   Justin Bieber and some actors from Riverdale got accused weeks ago and they responded quickly and decisively to refute those claims and offer exculpatory evidence.   Ignoring it just makes the rumors fester longer.

i don't have any answers, i'm just frustrated by this industry and this wagon circling bullshit.  pro wrestling (mostly on the UK side) had their Me Too movement a few weeks back and the industry's openness to the stories of abused women allowed for the perpertrators to at least lose their employment and that allowed for women to come forth and share their experiences, to relive that painful trauma again because in doing so, change might happen.  Skateboarding has shown very little ability to display an iota of moral fibre in this matter.   It couldn't even stamp out Jason Jessee when the evidence was his own fucking words.   

Anyways, just venting a little, sorry for the long post.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #821 on: July 11, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You are so terrible that your very presence changes the tone of the threads that you contribute to. You are the quiet, shitty little voice in every thread that gets the trolls worked up and this post is a perfect example of your technique. I'm deeply surprised, based on some of the wild shit that you post, that you haven't been banned. You've definitely earned it. Focus your account and come back with a nicer persona.

just a head's up - don't quote trolls like that.  Many have them on ignore and if you quote, then the ignored comments get seen by everyone.   but thanks for saying what needed to be said

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #822 on: July 11, 2020, 08:29:31 PM »
I had em on ignore but Fake Pops sure didn't
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #823 on: July 11, 2020, 08:36:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wasn't aware I had a technique. Anyway I just read the article and it kinda defends the victim so I don't get why people are so worked up about it.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #824 on: July 11, 2020, 08:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

just a head's up - don't quote trolls like that.  Many have them on ignore and if you quote, then the ignored comments get seen by everyone.   but thanks for saying what needed to be said

What's so bizarre to me is that people think I'm a troll. I don't say shit to just get a rise out of people. I merely question shit or offer a different opinion. If you don't like it that's fine I don't get upset but clearly some of you here can't handle it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #825 on: July 11, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »
I'm not sure why AP decided to alienate those who agree that Johan's actions were awful.

I'm really annoyed by APs characterization of SLAP's discussion of Hendrix and I'll be the first the question his promotion of Jenkem as some bastion of honesty and no holds barred skate journalism.

Let's not forget Jenkem refused to host the article on 1010. Maybe, AP forgot about that?

Not to mention, broadly, skate magazines edit out dumb ass statements for certain skaters and for those who ride for the right companies, while selectively calling out people like Nyjah for their terrible statements.

Fuck, as much as SLAP is hated by those who have access to megaphones in the industry (and we have our annoying number of trolls and just dumb posters), SLAP seems to be far more vocal than most.

I'm really really annoyed with his characterization of SLAP. Especially, when the obvious markers of rep and number of posts is considered. 99% of unsupportive comments for Julz were from those with no posts and tons of negative rep. Same goes for the majority of posts here questioning whether or not lying about herpes in order to trick someone into unprotected sex is reasonable behavior.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:39:01 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #826 on: July 11, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #827 on: July 11, 2020, 11:55:50 PM »
Gary responds

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #828 on: July 12, 2020, 12:12:40 AM »
Gary responds

I’ll give him respect that judging by his hair he hasn’t been sneaking off to a barber (not an insult), but that was a Trump level word-jazz of nonsense

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #829 on: July 12, 2020, 06:49:30 AM »
Uhhhh yeah, no one cares Gary

All wary men say the same thing - WHO'S NEXT?! It don't fucking matter dude. Don't be a dick and you don't gotta worry. Case closed. Now please, mmm, shut up a your mouth.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #830 on: July 12, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »

All wary men say the same thing - WHO'S NEXT?! It don't fucking matter dude. Don't be a dick and you don't gotta worry. Case closed. Now please, mmm, shut up a your mouth.

He gave a diplomatic answer since he works under the umbrella of the largest skateboard media company out right now, we saw this coming. He had the gumption to say that his actions were trash though, so at least give him that. He’s right though, people like Johan should have respected his partners and exercised some honesty in the matter.

Either way, at least he didn’t ignore it like The 9 Club does...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #831 on: July 12, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
What Johan did is super shitty.  I know a female that actually does this as well.  She doesn't disclose her herpes status to her partners. 
Men and women can both be extremely shitty when it comes to sex, that's why I'm always super cautious. I have 3 friends that got tricked by women into having children.  The women claimed they were on birth control, but they weren't.  Always use a condom people, and never trust anyone that you don't want to be connected to forever when it comes to sex.  One night can be a life sentence.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #832 on: July 12, 2020, 12:04:25 PM »
What Johan did is super shitty.  I know a female that actually does this as well.  She doesn't disclose her herpes status to her partners. 
Men and women can both be extremely shitty when it comes to sex, that's why I'm always super cautious. I have 3 friends that got tricked by women into having children.  The women claimed they were on birth control, but they weren't.  Always use a condom people, and never trust anyone that you don't want to be connected to forever when it comes to sex.  One night can be a life sentence.
Well said buddy.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 58
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
Jenkem was as homophobic as any other skate media outlet for years. Plus the focus on tits and asses in all their different photo shoots at industry events. Fuck Johan, WKND, and Jenkem. They all lay in the same fucking bed.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Storybook Weaver

« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have to say this was absolutely awful.

Not only terribly written, but also terrible in general.

His commentary on the Slap forum is especially problematic, and totally ignores all the well-articulated posts in support of the victim that have appeared in this thread (and others on similar threads). He's discussing the same topics that have been touched upon here with much more finesse.

His post sounds entitled and arrogant to an absurd degree. Condescending not only to those he apposes but also those of us who might agree with some of the points he is trying to make.

A writer asking for filters and censorship is especially interesting and VERY worrying. If you drown out voices you don't agree with then what (dangerous) precedents are you setting; what dialogue can exist now; what chance does anyone have of learning anything?

So YOU get to write an article about this. But you want other people to be silenced? I might hate what people say; what they write on here, but the above is NOT the answer. Not to anything. This is one of the greatest problems we face in this fight and so many others: silencing and drawing lines/building walls (when the should be bridges, Etc)

Pappalardo: Seeing as how you obviously lurk here, if you're reading this I would love to talk to you about your "article" DM me.
Not sure if you ever got that DM but he’s responding to some people who came in from slap
https://anthonypappalardo.substack.com/p/skateboarding-shames-victims/comments

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #835 on: July 12, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »

the dude tries to please too many people in skateboarding these days ... although he puts in his small jabs every week, it’s not as bad as it used to be.

I wouldn’t doubt he knows deep hot lipstick gossip

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2258
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #836 on: July 12, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
Men and women can both be extremely shitty when it comes to sex, that's why I'm always super cautious. I have 3 friends that got tricked by women into having children. The women claimed they were on birth control, but they weren't.  Always use a condom people, and never trust anyone that you don't want to be connected to forever when it comes to sex.  One night can be a life sentence.
Man, y’all should talk to each other or something. How does the saying go? “Fool me once shame on me, fool me a third time & shame on me three times; I really should’ve seen that coming when I was cumming.”
Anyways, as bad as herpes is, let’s not gloss over the fact that one of the worst STDs you can catch is CHILDREN!!! There’s no known medical treatment & symptoms can last anywhere from 18 years (if you’re lucky) to the rest of your life.
Trust me, old Lou speaks from experience as somebody who’s been infected twice already.
On the positive side, kids are the cutest of socially transmissible diseases.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #837 on: July 12, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Men and women can both be extremely shitty when it comes to sex, that's why I'm always super cautious. I have 3 friends that got tricked by women into having children. The women claimed they were on birth control, but they weren't.  Always use a condom people, and never trust anyone that you don't want to be connected to forever when it comes to sex.  One night can be a life sentence.
[close]
Man, y’all should talk to each other or something. How does the saying go? “Fool me once shame on me, fool me a third time & shame on me three times; I really should’ve seen that coming when I was cumming.”
Anyways, as bad as herpes is, let’s not gloss over the fact that one of the worst STDs you can catch is CHILDREN!!! There’s no known medical treatment & symptoms can last anywhere from 18 years (if you’re lucky) to the rest of your life.
Trust me, old Lou speaks from experience as somebody who’s been infected twice already.
On the positive side, kids are the cutest of socially transmissible diseases.

Male and female sex often leads to some form of procreation... kind of boggles my mind when people think they are somehow above this law and are confused why they got 3 kids

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #838 on: July 12, 2020, 02:07:24 PM »

Wow that was put together so well. I agree. I fully back body condoms as well.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #839 on: July 12, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »

Exactly. Wrap it up always pull out. Never trust a man or a women unless you've been together for a while exclusively