Author Topic: Nice DM from Gohan  (Read 8642 times)

WeirdBeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
Re: Nice DM from Gohan
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2020, 12:20:43 AM »
one time i saw GAY skating in front of a skateshop i go to. i was too starstruck to say hi.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2020, 01:04:56 AM »
Fuck that GAY, people like that are only here to cause shit and stir up nonsense.
I've been put off posting here recently (OH NO , says everyone) due to the bombardment of transphobic bullshit in threads as well as outright ignorant / baiting threads like the Leo Baker / Romero thread.
When I first mentioned on here what stage of my life im at w/identity etc you reached out to me and that went a long ways to making me feel accepted here.
You don't deserve that shit, so don't listen to insane evil mesaages like that.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2020, 01:11:49 AM »
one time i saw GAY skating in front of a skateshop i go to. i was too starstruck to say hi.

Was it Kingswell?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2020, 01:13:22 AM »
What a bummer to see this kind of thing happen on slap. Much love for you GAY!

I hope Gohan can resolve his issues somehow though, that's not a healthy energy to carry around inside you (not to speak of out into the world) at all.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 556
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2020, 01:58:47 AM »
I love ya Gay, good for outing dumbasses and a sassy quip

All time best

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:37 AM »
Honestly didn't think that anyone on slap could be mad at GAY

Extremely lame, +1 vote for GAY to be a mod

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2020, 03:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was it Kingswell?
yes it was. i think he was skating with the man that won a Mr. New Mexico contest.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2020, 05:27:58 AM »
GAY I'm really sorry this happened. I'm glad your ok. You are easily my favourite poster here. You should be an admin.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3420
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2020, 06:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Was it Kingswell?
[close]
yes it was. i think he was skating with the man that won a Mr. New Mexico contest.

Ha! I wish you would have said, "Hey, you're gay!" I'm a nobody...please say hello if you see me out and about again. Guarantee I'd be way more starstruck by you.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2020, 06:47:01 AM »
You the man GAY!!!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2020, 06:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote
This made me sad. Hope you'll be alright Gay, obviously you're cherished around here.
[close]

I'm fine but it does put your head into a spin being the recipient of that kind of hate. I'd love to say it doesn't affect me in any way, but that's a lie. I do get over this kind of stuff a lot faster now, though.

If that makes you feel any better, you weren't the real recipient, it's obviously something within themselves that this person really hates and for the lack of a better intellectualization of their condition and articulation of their problem this type of behavior is what ensues - it's a classic pattern. Anyone telling strangers to kill themselves is obviously not right in the head. You are a hero. Keep blossoming!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:53:49 AM by silhouette »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2020, 07:14:20 AM »
Gay you know everyone here loves you why would you let this dumb fuck get to you? Don't give that piece of shit the attention he craves.

I thought about ignoring it, but instead decided to air it out publicly...so yeah your point is a good one. Honestly not sure this was the right way to handle something like this, but opted to shine a light on this kind of harrassment rather than just ignoring it.

And as far as letting something like this get to me, I'm over it now, but in the moment it hit pretty hard. When you're on the receiving end of something like this, and it's a pattern you've lived with your entire adult life, the voice transmitting that hate towards you is more than just one shitty anonymous newbie on a skateboarding message board. It's the family that threw you out, the church that turned its back on you, the friends who abandoned you...which is why a message like this can be so dangerous.

I'm fine because I've done a lot of work on myself, have a support system in place, and have built my self-esteem, but if this wasn't the case? If I was considering suicide after losing my religion, famiily, friends...then this shit could be so dangerous.

So I aired it out publically.

Again, not sure it was the right thing to do, but fuck it. In a week nobody will give a shit anyway.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1141
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »
You handled it correctly: reposting. I appreciate you, your contributions. Your dopest form is when you are being all you, and leaning in to some corny jokes I’m not super into. So don’t doubt yourself now.

Thanks for having done that work, and speaking on it, good reminder for me to get in there and do some.

As an aside, this thread was like a beacon for a good portion of the shit accounts.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2020, 08:32:45 AM »
Yes, much love, GAY. You’ve been bringing me cheer since I started lurking. Keep yo’ mothafuckin’ head up and don’t let these haters discourage you, you feel me, dog?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2020, 09:31:39 AM »
Yes, much love, GAY. You’ve been bringing me cheer since I started lurking. Keep yo’ mothafuckin’ head up and don’t let these haters discourage you, you feel me, dog?

Hahaha, that'll be a +1 for you.  Sound advice in these troublesome times.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Mongoloid

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
In no way accounting for your losses, as the pain of such a past is incomprehensible for those of us who’ve not walked a mile in your shoes, but along the way you’ve also gained quite a bit.

You have your truth, and so many people admire you for that. Those who’ve shunned you don’t deserve your presence in their life, and with leaving them behind you’ve gained a new supportive family amongst us.

I know in some ways it’ll never be the same exact thing, but we genuinely care!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »
Gay is one of the funniest, kindest and most insightful people ever to post on slap. His takes always brighten my day or add a perspective that I would never be able to understand on my own.
Fuck bigotry and hatred. Gay for mod. Gay is the man.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
I <3 GAY

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2020, 10:11:54 AM »
Here's a good house / disco mix for you Gay. Not sure if this is your kinda style but It's one of my favs.

https://soundcloud.com/platform/horsemeat-disco-2016
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:13:44 AM by RichardBarkley »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
So I’ve been thinking
1) I’m not gohan. 2) I don’t support him and his ban was probably overdue.

But... what is the difference between being a good person and “virtue signaling?”  I ask because most, of not all, of the examples of people claiming “virtue signaling” are actually just people voicing opinions of decency. 
Maybe I need to be more clear and condemn gohan ever harder.   Fuck gohan.  Just wondering though.  Also, isn’t an SJW a good thing also?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Here's a good house / disco mix for you Gay. Not sure if this is your kinda style but It's one of my favs.

https://soundcloud.com/platform/horsemeat-disco-2016

:D

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2020, 10:25:43 AM »
You handled it correctly: reposting. I appreciate you, your contributions. Your dopest form is when you are being all you, and leaning in to some corny jokes I’m not super into. So don’t doubt yourself now.

Thanks for having done that work, and speaking on it, good reminder for me to get in there and do some.

Same thoughts.

Also making GAY one of the new Slap moderators is a no-brainer.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
GAY is fucking all time.

He should have been made a Mod years ago.

Make it happen, or Slap Admin can go fuck themselves.

In whichever sexually orientated way they'd like!

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2020, 11:15:03 AM »
Love you Gay. You’re the only slap pal I would recognize out in the streets besides EmericaTM and if I ever see you I promise to say hi:) fuck Gohan, they doesn’t deserve that username.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 95
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2020, 11:21:11 AM »
GAY, I’m so sorry you receive this kind of messages but unfortunately I’m not surprised  :(

Nothing but love for GAY

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2020, 11:36:38 AM »
do we really think GAY is the only homosexual around here?

No, but from what I remember he was probably one of the first openly gay slap posters (then again I never really went through the real confessions thread). I learned a lot about the struggles that the LGBTQ community faces from GAY's posts and I'm sure I'm not the only one. He actually made me a better person while reading through his posts and gave me so many good laughs in between. We love you GAY, keep your head up.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2020, 12:37:14 PM »
Love ya!

BeanieMcGee

• Rep: 5
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2020, 02:03:59 PM »
People like gohan need to reflect on what happened in their lives to cause them to speak to others like this.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »
People like gohan need to reflect on what happened in their lives to cause them to speak to others like this.
Couldn't agree more. Then maybe the can build a positive mentality, which makes for a much better life for themselves and everyone around them.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:10 PM »
Mind boggling that people think this way at all. Especially it being fucking 2020. I figured we’d be past a lot of things by now and I definitely hope they’re the minority at this point. Anyways, Thanks for making me laugh GAY. Always appreciate your posts. Don’t bother with the trolls man you’re obviously loved on here.