Author Topic: JOHN HILL INCITING SKATEBOARDING CULTURE WAR.  (Read 20155 times)

Shuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: JOHN HILL INCITING SKATEBOARDING CULTURE WAR.
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2020, 04:06:20 AM »
Let's just say that a youloser vlogging kook makes $2 for a view regardless of like or dislike and depending on how many views and so on and so forth.

If they're a modest vloggers like Ben Degros or Chad Caruso they make at least $80k plus free products they get.

What I'm trying to say Fuck John Hill if he was smart enough he'd make his own zine, FUCK OFF  look at my teeth and my kooky style 

John we never wanted to hear your stupid voice much less your narcissistic waghhhhh bitching.

Ben just reviewed pants, check it out slappers

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -490
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2020, 05:07:17 AM »
honestly, arent hellride trasher and white theeth john both quite corny?
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2020, 05:27:43 AM »
hey john on behalf of SLAP go fuck yourself
Okay :/
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2020, 05:53:48 AM »
There will always be real skateboarding going on, and I think eventually the whole YouTube / Social Media Landscape will collapse because people will realize its not authentic to film yourself every waking moment of your life.

There's plenty of real skateboarding that goes down and never gets filmed. It's just passed down by word of mouth from skate Bard to skate Bard....someone like Stranger comes to mind

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2020, 05:59:23 AM »
was the $180 private tony hawk video worth it i need to know.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2020, 06:23:48 AM »
$2 per view seems like a lot. I thought they get a fraction of that.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2020, 06:43:09 AM »
Not sure the actual pay revenue but it's somewhere in that ballpark.  I was basing it off a mild youtuber Ben Degros he has a modest number of followers.  I'll say .75 cents per view to be modest either way that's quite a bit.

Now someone like Pewdiepie or some other jackass with a shtick and a shitload of foloowers they make a gratuitous amount for views.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2020, 06:44:30 AM »
was the $180 private tony hawk video worth it i need to know.

free max b

I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but I can do a 900 now.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2020, 06:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not sure the actual pay revenue but it's somewhere in that ballpark.  I was basing it off a mild youtuber Ben Degros he has a modest number of followers.  I'll say .75 cents per view to be modest either way that's quite a bit.

Now someone like Pewdiepie or some other jackass with a shtick and a shitload of foloowers they make a gratuitous amount for views.
I thought it was way closer to $0.02 a view or something along those lines. Maybe I'm confusing it with Spotify, but it has to be somewhat low the way they can only make a living by pumping out videos on a semi-daily basis.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2020, 06:53:06 AM »
Kinda crazy that millions of people getting gassed to death in muddy trenches across Europe and John Hill making a video to complain about a magazine are both called “wars”.

Here you go - https://www.google.com/search?q=culture+war+definition&oq=culture+war+def&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.8901j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2020, 07:36:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Kinda crazy that millions of people getting gassed to death in muddy trenches across Europe and John Hill making a video to complain about a magazine are both called “wars”.
[close]

Here you go - https://www.google.com/search?q=culture+war+definition&oq=culture+war+def&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.8901j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
1st world problems

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2020, 07:42:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I thought it was way closer to $0.02 a view or something along those lines. Maybe I'm confusing it with Spotify, but it has to be somewhat low the way they can only make a living by pumping out videos on a semi-daily basis.
I think for every 10,000 views they get a big chunk of change I think $250 now don't quote me on this but that's for a smaller streamer now imagine that for bigger youloser whom make shitloads of content that sucks Jake Paul or Braille & Co....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I think for every 10,000 views they get a big chunk of change I think $250 now don't quote me on this but that's for a smaller streamer now imagine that for bigger youloser whom make shitloads of content that sucks Jake Paul or Braille & Co....
$250 divided by 10,000 views is $0.025 so yeah, about what I said.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »

Sorry I got bored

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2020, 08:09:09 AM »

That's the guy he talks about dropping a part. Sick style and all, but how would he want to be involved with all this Youtube stuff?
support your local ramp-tramp

celery man

• Rep: -16
  • thanks cinco
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2020, 08:45:57 AM »
I never understood how reaction videos became so popular
2 girls 1 cup.

admin

• Administrator
  • Rep: 890
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah from personal experience this is WAY inflated. If your talking about ad money its generally like $1,000 per 1,000,000 views so like .0001 cent per view. Now sponsored videos and the like are a whole other ballgame.

Kick

• Rep: 1
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
I can never stand this guy. Is he aware of how obnoxious he comes off? Does he not think acting this way rubs people the wrong way? I’m not talking just skaters here. I looked up other videos he has made about Thrasher. He seems to have a grudge with them, talked some shit about their operation. It’s shocking that they don’t want to work with someone who has made videos trashing their brand.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2020, 10:09:47 AM »
This guy and revive make me miss termite skateboards.

LMAO

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »
I typically don't pay much mind to the whole YouTube skate thing because I mainly view it as something targeted toward kids. But it's weird how much they seem to want it both ways. They wanna go against the grain of "traditional" skate content and fish for views with clickbait-y titles and gimmicky premises, then they act shocked when those traditional avenues don't embrace them. They declare themselves "pro" without a quarter of the work and talent then they expect actual professionals to consider them equals in an industry they're actively isolating themselves from. They're selling pricepoint hardgoods in an already oversaturated market to compete with real brands, and then they're surprised when a media conglomerate that heavily relies on those real brands doesn't include them in the mix as if they're somehow entitled to be. Like I said, I'm not very concerned about their content. If they wanna cater themselves to 12 year olds and cut corners for attention, fine. Get that YouTube money. But you don't get to have it both ways.

i left this comment on the video, its spot on - i hope you dont mind

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:28 AM »
Expand Quote
I typically don't pay much mind to the whole YouTube skate thing because I mainly view it as something targeted toward kids. But it's weird how much they seem to want it both ways. They wanna go against the grain of "traditional" skate content and fish for views with clickbait-y titles and gimmicky premises, then they act shocked when those traditional avenues don't embrace them. They declare themselves "pro" without a quarter of the work and talent then they expect actual professionals to consider them equals in an industry they're actively isolating themselves from. They're selling pricepoint hardgoods in an already oversaturated market to compete with real brands, and then they're surprised when a media conglomerate that heavily relies on those real brands doesn't include them in the mix as if they're somehow entitled to be. Like I said, I'm not very concerned about their content. If they wanna cater themselves to 12 year olds and cut corners for attention, fine. Get that YouTube money. But you don't get to have it both ways.
[close]

i left this comment on the video, its spot on - i hope you dont mind

haha, I'm curious to see how THEY react to it, but by all means.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »

That's the guy he talks about dropping a part. Sick style and all, but how would he want to be involved with all this Youtube stuff?
obviously because he's a dork, they're all dorks, dorks stick together

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I never understood how reaction videos became so popular
[close]
2 girls 1 cup.

KingSharkIsAShark

• Rep: -252
  • Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2020, 03:39:13 PM »
John Hill is the master troll. straight making money off of SLAP. I guess in the end he got his advertisement for FREE

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »

prolly because he gets paid? i think these youtubers are making decent money

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 631
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2020, 03:52:05 PM »
Is it weird I wanna to a fat line of blow off his teeth?

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2020, 03:52:52 PM »

John Hill is the master troll. straight making money off of SLAP. I guess in the end he got his advertisement in the skateboarding community for FREE

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2257
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2020, 04:08:17 PM »
John Hill is the master troll. straight making money off of SLAP. I guess in the end he got his advertisement for FREE
John Hill is the master troll. straight making money off of SLAP. I guess in the end he got his advertisement in the skateboarding community for FREE
Right. Right.
I got you the first time.
You kinda caught me off guard with the part where he’s figured out how to make money off of SLAP.
Thought HSP were the only ones collecting revenue from this place, but live & learn, I guess.
Wonder why we haven’t figured that out yet. I reckon we’re just a bunch of hayseeds, not smart enough to see the big picture.
Also, nice anklet chain, buddy.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Right. Right.
I got you the first time.
You kinda caught me off guard with the part where he’s figured out how to make money off of SLAP.
Thought HSP were the only ones collecting revenue from this place, but live & learn, I guess.
Wonder why we haven’t figured that out yet. I reckon we’re just a bunch of hayseeds, not smart enough to see the big picture.
Also, nice anklet chain, buddy.

Thanks for the compliment. Not too many people here were digging the bracelet but it's cuz they are haters. Can't wait till I'm a SLAP Pal like you   ;D

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2020, 07:35:11 PM »
Start your own print magazine. I dare you.
I dream of this often. I would love to have a nice quarterly magazine with subscribers dedicated to free expression instead of commerce and patronage.

Thrasher didn't do it like that though, it was no dream or literary vocation, it was part of marketing the brands that the head already owned. More like a newsletter.