Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 2433 times)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 08:13:45 AM »
200 lbs
ace 55 stock
venture 6.1 with stock thunder low, ace top, riptide pivot cups

newspaperparty

• Rep: 11
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
150 lbs

5.8 Venture with Ace bushings, sanded down to fit.

Not sure how I feel about it but have skated them like that for a few months. Love Ace stock bushings in my Ace 55s but not sure I get the same feel on the Ventures, but at least is better than the stocks. Thinking of maybe trying some red soft indy bushings. Anyone tried those in Ventures?

Mbrimson88

• Rep: 24
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 04:13:04 PM »
I wonder if age should be in there too (45).

190 lbs (about 86 kgs)

Indy standard 149s, sometimes stock just to feel them out or even cut the top down a mm but mostly switch straight out for the aftermarket Indy red 92 duro low head that came in the white box, which I bought a lifetime supply of before they changed to the new softer clear plastic containers for their bushings.

Skate mellow everything but more so transition nowdays, so still like loose trucks but stable enough not to wobble on an easy hill bomb, if that makes sense.

I talk too much.  Sorry.

WideFeet

• Rep: -3
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Just bought some Indy Mids, and Iím having bushing problems.

Iím on the heavy side, weighing 190lbs. I ride my trucks medium.

The Mids come with the standard orange bushings, but I tighten them down as far as I could and theyíre way too loose still. Either the kingpin hit the board, or the kingpin ran out of thread.

I swapped out the stock orange bushings for the Indy Hard bushings (black). Theyíre not bad, but I keep wanting to loosen them. The hard bushing just donít have the responsiveness and bounce I like.

I would get the Indy Medium-Hard bushings (blue), but I canít find them anywhere. Shortyís Doh-Dohís has some that are 92a, same as the Indy Medium-Hard.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Are Doh-Dohís any good? Are they the same height as Indy bushings?

Thank you in advance!
[close]

How long have you been skating the Indy black bushings? I hated them when I first got them but they felt great after breaking in (maybe took 2 weeks or so).

Iíve had a couple sessions on them. Theyíre starting break in, but Iím still missing the rebound I had with the medium bushings. I feel like Iíll start to like them, but wanted other Pals opinions and seeing if anyone had any suggestions.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 05:36:44 PM »
I like the Bones medium bushings.

Croquet temper

• Rep: 5
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »
I have Indy 139's, put the 92a blue conical bushings on there 1/4 turn looser than stock tightness and it is kind of nice actually. Curvin' and swervin' and they don't feel ridiculously loose. Would recommend.

TumKayo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »
200 lbs
ace 55 stock

What size wheels do you use with the aces?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
200 lbs
ace 55 stock
[close]

What size wheels do you use with the aces?
55mm OG classics. No risers. Been solid, no crazy wheelbite. actually loosened them up a touch from stock (but is all ďstockĒ the same?) to avoid the bushing-spilling-over the washer thing and theyíve been fine. Pretty stable. Like them just trying to adjust to the wb shift and pop

Freger

• Rep: -9
  • Can I borrow your tool?
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2020, 08:10:49 PM »
128 lbs and stock indies with risers

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 22
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
150 lbs. - 6 ft. tall

bones hards on back. bones meds on front. flat washers top + bottom and nuts flush on both trucks.

cruiser/retro setups are indy aftermarket blue 92 cylinders. depending on truck width, will use with different washer types for more/less resistance.

Tony

• Rep: 8
  • Get bent
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »
150 stock purple venture bushings only
You want some queso?Ē
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

busch

• Rep: 45
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
6ft tall 188lb bones yellow (I think medium?) trucks that shake like crazy. Unfortunately adult life/injuries has me skating pretty much never so the loose surfy trucks arenít that comfortable anymore. When I tighten them even a half turn I feel like I canít even move so idk iíll probably just quit

slappy50

• Rep: 2
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2020, 06:42:30 PM »
switching over to indy 159s with my recent change to 8.75 decks. was running ace 55 stock before this. any suugestion on what bushings to run to get similar turn to aces? same duro on both? combine two different sets?
niggling

[/quote]

FakieDisaster

• Rep: -2
  • front rockin
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2020, 06:49:56 PM »
77kg, recently went back to stock thunder bushings with my pair of 148s, after a short stint with orange conical indy bushings. washers on.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 2
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
Indy 144 ti w/ 90a barrel on the bottom and 92a cone on top.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: -6
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2020, 09:33:05 AM »
Stock. Everything stock.

Old-guy rant incoming...WTF is up with people and their custom truck tweaks? The more you tweak your trucks the more shit that will need to be adjusted over time and the more fucked you are when you can't find you special magic bushings at the shop. Stock bushings are fine if you run them with the stock tightness. Cranking them down just stresses the material before it is broken in and causes weak spots that eventually split. Also, rotate front/back every time you setup a new board.

I know a guy who is really particular about his trucks and is constantly fucking with them before he even starts skating. Little tight on the front little loose on the back...slam...little tight on the back little loose on the front...slam...swap bushings fiddle with trucks...slam...fiddle...slam...focus board sit down and pout. Indys/Thunder/Venture suck...as if it's not his balance that is the problem.

Slayer666

• Rep: -29
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
I had to ďtweakĒ thunder and venture to really enjoy them but thatís just risers and washers bushings still stock. Indy and ace are perfect stock Ur nuts if you canít break em in and enjoy yourself.. only possible issue is cold weather, feels like thatís why bones are so popular and you dont have to break them in, sometimes feels like they donít turn quite as well though idk

Mcidraque

• Rep: 38
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2020, 12:59:40 AM »
switching over to indy 159s with my recent change to 8.75 decks. was running ace 55 stock before this. any suugestion on what bushings to run to get similar turn to aces? same duro on both? combine two different sets?
bones medium, no washer bottom, slim flat washer that comes with the bushings on top (i recently changed the other way around and coming from indy 159 + bones medium --> ace 55 stock felt no much of a difference to me) although that little extra turn you get on the aces does not exist with indy no matter what bushings you run em with