Author Topic: aight, someone out there has to know what c1rca combat was  (Read 4352 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1280
Re: aight, someone out there has to know what c1rca combat was
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2020, 11:14:58 AM »
can you report to combat without the proper uniform?

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »
can you report to combat without the proper uniform?
It’s frowned upon in my unit, possibly accepted in east coast platoons

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2020, 11:29:14 AM »
I was friends with the local distro and remember the first drop of circa combat arriving, and everything was black suede or nubuck, gum sole, and vulcanised. White sidewalls maybe, and a little bit of red trim, maybe red lining. They said it was meant to be no bullshit, no fancy colours or weird shit, just pure skate shoes built for purpose. Looking at some of the shoes above, that idea was either wrong or they just got sick of black. I skated a few pairs, they were great.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2020, 12:24:05 PM »
Combat was supposed to be a skateshops only line too. Which you've gotta give them a little pad on the back for trying. They were doing something Lakai, Emerica, etc still haven't figured out years later.

Sleezus Yikes

• Rep: 67
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2020, 12:45:53 PM »

'Windosr'

That spelling is almost good enough to be Slap canon.
there is the soul of Andrew Reynolds in every emerica shoe. you just have to pull on the right shoe lace and hold your ear into it. you can hear his voice saying "thank you cowboy! lets go for a ride!" just try it.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2020, 12:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote

'Windosr'
[close]

Do'nt know if he said anything about it at the time, but if I were Windosr James, I'd be a little ticked off about that misspelling.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2020, 01:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

'Windosr'
[close]

[close]
Do'nt know if he said anything about it at the time, but if I were Windosr James, I'd be a little ticked off about that misspelling.
He clearly isn’t because his checks cleared!  Windsor did ok by circa

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2020, 01:56:45 PM »
Expectations for 2020 as a year

Reality of 2020 as a year

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2020, 02:06:52 PM »
Unrelated to C1RCA COMBAT, but I 10/10 would cop Frank Gerwer if he were ever for sale. And not just for my wall, either; I'd take him everywhere with me, he'd be a daily homey.
Dude is a absolute treasure.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »
I got a C1rca Combat shirt at Tampa am when it first came out. Hyped as hell, I wore the shit out of that thing. I also wore it with my lime green iPod nano. Hesh meets fresh.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »
Unrelated to C1RCA COMBAT, but I 10/10 would cop Frank Gerwer if he were ever for sale. And not just for my wall, either; I'd take him everywhere with me, he'd be a daily homey.

Frank is great! Gave him a lift to the airport during Tampa pro weekend and he answered all my dumb questions. Favorite 20 min car ride I’ve had! 
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2020, 07:56:30 PM »

Going crazy on stockx

nocomply900

• Rep: 2
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Maybe I’m employing a bit of revisionist history, but I want to say that Circa Combat was supposed to be their attempt at rebranding a  “core” line that sold only at skateshops. You had the more mainstream line that sold at Pacsun, and then the line that sold to local shops

Our Circa rep at the time gave me samples of the Tres a few months before Corca Combat was announced. They’re still the only pair of white leather shoes I’ve ever owned
[close]

Now that i think about it, there was C1rca, C1rca combat, and C1rca Select. I had to snoop around because i couldn't remember what it was called but do y'all remember C1rca Select? It was their division catered towards lifestyle shoes that had nicer materials and different branding, similar to etnies plus if you guys remember that as well.

throwing these in here for reference:

I think I just threw up a little.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2023, 09:53:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Frank is great! Gave him a lift to the airport during Tampa pro weekend and he answered all my dumb questions. Favorite 20 min car ride I’ve had!

Now I’m picturing you and Frank doing the phone call bit but extended and am extremely jealous .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2023, 01:18:29 PM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1136
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2023, 01:25:40 PM »

kids these days don't know what drip is

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2023, 01:37:12 PM »
on another note, while looking up old c1rca ads, etc. i saw these and had a big nostalgia trip seeing these. Y'all remember these???

I had these in black and purple i think, maybe just purple.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Get bent
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2023, 01:55:14 PM »
Expand Quote
on another note, while looking up old c1rca ads, etc. i saw these and had a big nostalgia trip seeing these. Y'all remember these???

[close]

I had these in black and purple i think, maybe just purple.

These were called something stupid right? Like the 8 track or some shit, and the low top version was the 4 track, the tres were fucking sick, they had another model on combat named the cero that I really liked, especially the high top version
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2023, 01:59:18 PM »

Could see *Bluebally Paulie rocking these jawns.

*Or whatever that Sonic the Goth Hedgehog looking homey’s name was.
Is that guy still around pumping Nazi/Facist imagery as a marketing gimmick, or… ?

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2023, 02:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote

'Windosr'
[close]

little story involving Windosr:
back in 2010 after going to the stay gold premiere, my buddies and I went to the afterparty somewhere in LA and everyone was there. Beagle was sitting by himself in front of the bartender, marveling Figgy's pro model deck in his hands exactly how you'd imagine Beagle would; mouth wide open and smiling, closely inspecting the shape and concave, utterly amazed at the graphic (it was the classic baker font with "figgy") saying some words to himself. So I ditched my buddies to talk to beagle lol.
He was so hyped and we were talking about figgy and his emerica part when suddenly, on the corner of my eye I see a heavily drunk WINDOSR JAMES dragging one of my buddies out of the bar "the fuck outta here you punk ass bitch" I heard him tell my super confused, Spanish-speaking friend. Then Lannie Rhoades (or one of the Rhoades) pulls Windosr back to the bar and tells us "you guys better leave".
Sure enough we dip, bummed and tripping the fuck out, and we ask my friend dude what the fuck happened?!
and he says "I just came up to him and said 'hi man!' and he began mad dog me! I think he thought I was Corey Duffel!"
That's little my Windosr story.

I also got another one from that same night involving Jerry Hsu, bad breath, @el chino, and a lost cell phone but I'll save it for later or for the right thread:)

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.