Author Topic: I totally understand the Cariuma hate  (Read 105395 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: I totally understand the Cariuma hate
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2022, 07:31:28 AM »
Tried to close a Cariumba banner, accidentally clicked through, got pixeled and now am one of the lucky members of their retargeting pool. Yay!

Remember everyone: If you click their ad, they have to pay for it.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #931 on: July 28, 2022, 08:37:41 AM »
Tried to close a Cariumba banner, accidentally clicked through, got pixeled and now am one of the lucky members of their retargeting pool. Yay!

Remember everyone: If you click their ad, they have to pay for it.

Your going to get crap sent to your actual mail box now as well. They go hard.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 121
« Reply #932 on: July 28, 2022, 08:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
cariuma is for scientologist trash like steve berra’s bitch ass fuck that dude and fuck the berrics. they can suck my dick and make sure it’s sloppy.
[close]
Just came in to check this thread and saw bolts has been banned, nice
[close]

What was he banned for? Being annoying as fuck isn't a bannable offense, right?
[close]
Misuse of the bloard, transgression of policies/agreements, etc.
Homey got angry about something somebody on here said to, or about him, and having no way to strike back (beyond flaccid retorts,) he took his beef to the trade ratings system & essentially tried to use that in the same way somebody with PAL status would use the kook button.
THAT ain’t what that system was established for, and is a blatant violation.
I wonder if the mods crushed him permanently, or if it’s a temp ban.
He’s a bother, but I enjoy bothers.
Kinda hope he’s back again someday.
[close]
Damn fair enough, yeah he was definitely entertaining in like a morbid fascination kinda way

He was no FS180

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #933 on: July 28, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
cariuma is for scientologist trash like steve berra’s bitch ass fuck that dude and fuck the berrics. they can suck my dick and make sure it’s sloppy.
[close]
Just came in to check this thread and saw bolts has been banned, nice
[close]

What was he banned for? Being annoying as fuck isn't a bannable offense, right?
[close]
Misuse of the bloard, transgression of policies/agreements, etc.
Homey got angry about something somebody on here said to, or about him, and having no way to strike back (beyond flaccid retorts,) he took his beef to the trade ratings system & essentially tried to use that in the same way somebody with PAL status would use the kook button.
THAT ain’t what that system was established for, and is a blatant violation.
I wonder if the mods crushed him permanently, or if it’s a temp ban.
He’s a bother, but I enjoy bothers.
Kinda hope he’s back again someday.
[close]
Damn fair enough, yeah he was definitely entertaining in like a morbid fascination kinda way
[close]

He was no FS180
Lmao I guess the bar's been set pretty high

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
Re: Cariuma and why
« Reply #934 on: August 17, 2022, 09:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
As a Brazilian brand, we are often asked, what does CARIUMA mean? ... The word CARIUMA doesn't have a precise meaning, but it comes from different words from the native Brazilian language and stands for diversity and inclusion. Our leaf logo was inspired by foliage native to Amazon rainforest.
[close]

Brazil, geopolitically, are very much aligned with Russia and China ( having just dedicated something like 100,000 hectares of land for resource production for Russia ). The people of Brazil live under the boot of tyranny, unable to transcend poverty or defend themselves against the countless violent thieves roaming the streets. Cariuma is everything wrong with our society, much like Steve Berra. Disingenuous, virtue signaling monoliths of corporate collusion and corruption. Also probably literally owned by Nike. Or Hypebeast for that matter.

Absolutely butt fuck terrible - SIGH
Rotate your wheels regularly.

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #935 on: August 17, 2022, 09:20:36 PM »

Brazil, geopolitically, are very much aligned with Russia and China ( having just dedicated something like 100,000 hectares of land for resource production for Russia ). The people of Brazil live under the boot of tyranny, unable to transcend poverty or defend themselves against the countless violent thieves roaming the streets. Cariuma is everything wrong with our society, much like Steve Berra. Disingenuous, virtue signaling monoliths of corporate collusion and corruption. Also probably literally owned by Nike. Or Hypebeast for that matter.

It's fuckin Vatican approved globalist gobbledygook.
Rotate your wheels regularly.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: Cariuma and why
« Reply #936 on: August 18, 2022, 07:36:34 AM »
I've been wanting to try some ethical shoes ever since the Uighur thing has come to my attention, so when I saw a dude wearing Cariumas yesterday at a spot in town i had to ask how they were. His reply:

"when I first got them the flick sucked. I thought they'd get better as i broke them in or got used to them but they haven't. I hate them. I'm going back to blazers and dunks"

They were some pink suede jawns, his front foot was really worn down on the toe from kickflips, the two bottom  lace holes he wasn't even lacing up, I'm assuming from busting too many laces. They looked shitty.

perfect description of terrible user experience with precise case observation ;D

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #937 on: December 01, 2022, 02:17:25 PM »

Dopethrone

• Rep: -22
« Reply #938 on: December 01, 2022, 02:25:00 PM »

Cariuma coming into the snowboard market

D10S

• Rep: -65
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #939 on: December 01, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #940 on: December 01, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »

Are these a joke? They look like one of those accounts that recolours old es shoes

Expand Quote

[close]

scientology paying off!
Fukn hell wortho. People excited for an avatar sequel and watch Jimmy Fallon probably are the actual market for the shoes tho

Dopethrone

• Rep: -22
« Reply #941 on: December 01, 2022, 02:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote

I hope so.

Looks like they have a handle @cariumasnow

I expect it to flop, if adidas and nike can't make it profitable. Can't imagine this d tier brand to make any impact

[close]
Are these a joke? They look like one of those accounts that recolours old es shoes

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

scientology paying off!
[close]
Fukn hell wortho. People excited for an avatar sequel and watch Jimmy Fallon probably are the actual market for the shoes tho

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3420
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2022, 03:04:58 PM »
o man dope those Avatar skate shoes are so dope damn hope Christmas comes early for ya boy o man so so dope

manysnakes

« Reply #943 on: December 02, 2022, 06:16:13 AM »
If you want me to hate Cariuma, do not show me the Avatar collabs.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1153
« Reply #944 on: December 02, 2022, 06:30:11 AM »
I bet Disney was looking brands to help promote avatar and no other brand wanted the license.
Jimmy Fallon is a kook.
how do they have money for cariuma snow?

Tuesday I was shooting the shit with a skatepark kid and he had the cariuma vallely’s. He said that he got them as a birthday present and they fucking suck.

aiden

« Reply #945 on: December 02, 2022, 07:12:08 AM »
i mean gh was right about the razer cariumas, theyre fire but i just don't think an avatar collab will make any money (mostly because the only people wearing cariumas are probably getting paid to do so)
i highly doubt vans makes any significant money from their 800+ collabs but it would just make more sense to see some avatar shit on a $30 vans slipon rather than one of the three shoes cariuma puts out

aiden

« Reply #946 on: December 02, 2022, 07:18:32 AM »
i mean gh was right about the razer cariumas, theyre fire but i just don't think an avatar collab will make any money (mostly because the only people wearing cariumas are probably getting paid to do so)
i highly doubt vans makes any significant money from their 800+ collabs but it would just make more sense to see some avatar shit on a $30 vans slipon rather than one of the three shoes cariuma puts out
just adding onto my own post, but non-skaters that are interested in relevant/popular brands would probably rather spend their money on a collab shoe from a mainstream company like vans than buy a cariuma, which they probably have never heard of until jimmy fallon or whoever tells them about it

switchfakie

« Reply #947 on: December 02, 2022, 07:48:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just adding onto my own post, but non-skaters that are interested in relevant/popular brands would probably rather spend their money on a collab shoe from a mainstream company like vans than buy a cariuma, which they probably have never heard of until jimmy fallon or whoever tells them about it

for sure, i could see my brother picking up a LOTR pair of vans even though he's never owned a pair before

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #948 on: December 12, 2022, 09:02:42 AM »

assvogel

• Rep: 213
« Reply #949 on: December 12, 2022, 09:35:36 AM »
I think that Carryuhma has bought advertising deal with (what's left of) Transworld Skateboarding. Sure these gets posted on their Instagram too, but looking at their Youtube Shorts page where november was been a Caryuhma month, I'd guess there's some kind of longer running deal.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #950 on: December 12, 2022, 09:41:55 AM »
Sorry babe the avatar cariumas stay ON during sex

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 114
« Reply #951 on: December 12, 2022, 10:17:04 AM »
Sorry babe the avatar cariumas stay ON during sex

lights off though so u can see them light up  ;)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #952 on: December 12, 2022, 10:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

scientology paying off!

maybe i spend a lot time intently ignoring the world, but i've only just noticed the new(ish?) trend of 'shop' being used in the imperative sense in advertising and it really awakes some quite violent feelings in me.

Vds

• Rep: -46
« Reply #953 on: December 12, 2022, 10:42:14 AM »
I never seen anybody skating this shoes,  how they are alive?

WPG

• Rep: -5
« Reply #954 on: December 12, 2022, 10:48:51 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's a joke, they look like Nike Vapens
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #955 on: December 12, 2022, 11:26:31 AM »
Heard this from a friend that rides for a shop that carries Carumbas. He told me that they are carrying a different shoebrand that got pretty popular in Europe as a casual shoe brand.
This brand sued Carumba for having a too similar logo or design as theirs and they actually won in court. Now they're not allowed to sell all the leftover stock of Carumbas, which by my surprise, sold pretty well.

Obviously I don't know the full story or whether this has already been discussed on here or not. I don't know the actual name of the company. It looks like it's those dad-shoes with the "V" or whatever on them.

Edit: Veja is the name, they do not market to skaters but push heavily here in Europe
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:36:07 AM by Prostate Exam »

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #956 on: December 12, 2022, 11:31:56 AM »
Heard this from a friend that rides for a shop that carries Carumbas. He told me that they are carrying a different shoebrand that got pretty popular in Europe as a casual shoe brand.
This brand sued Carumba for having a too similar logo as theirs and they actually won in court. Now they're not allowed to sell all the leftover stock of Carumbas, which by my surprise, sold pretty well.

Obviously I don't know the full story or whether this has already been discussed on here or not. I don't know the actual name of the company. It looks like it's those dad-shoes with the "V" or whatever on them.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #957 on: December 12, 2022, 11:34:14 AM »
This brand sued Carumba for having a too similar logo as theirs and they actually won in court. Now they're not allowed to sell all the leftover stock of Carumbas, which by my surprise, sold pretty well.

Veja? Those hipster shoes which indicate your neighborhoods gonna be gentrified?

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #958 on: December 12, 2022, 11:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Veja? Those hipster shoes which indicate your neighborhoods gonna be gentrified?

Yes. Those shoes just popped up in some shops around here and seem to buy up a lot of shelvespace.
I only saw guys wearing them that gave me serious Mikey Taylor vibes.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #959 on: December 12, 2022, 11:52:00 AM »
Veja! Its actually another Brazilian shoe company but they been around alot longer than Cariuma.

Since 2005, VEJA has been creating sneakers in a different way, mixing social projects, economic justice, and ecological materials.

VEJA uses Brazilian and Peruvian organic cotton for the canvas and laces, Amazonian rubber for the soles, and various innovative materials conceived in recycled plastic bottles or recycled polyester.

VEJA sneakers are produced in high-standard factories in Brazil. Part of VEJA’s logistics is managed by Log’ins, a professional and social inclusion company.

We’re David & Fernando, co-founders of CARIUMA.

Long story short, after working together for a few years and bonding over our mutual love of boardsports (skateboarding, surfing & snowboarding) & our home country Brazil, we decided to join forces to start Cariuma.

We left our previous jobs with a shared idea to build a company that would better serve people and the planet. We knew the industry-standard “cool-classic” sneakers were really uncomfortable and that the big corporations weren’t socially responsible and didn’t really care about sustainability in an active way.

We also felt we had a duty to take a stance against the wasteful practices inherent in fast fashion. It was vital for us to reinvent the sneaker game.

That’s why our sneakers are good-looking, crazy comfy and consciously made. We knew we wanted to make future classics with an increased lifespan that evolve with you and your sense of style. 

We hope you love our sneakers as much as we love making them for you.

Obrigado,

David and Fernando

Alot of similarity between the 2