Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 72050 times)

Roast beef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2020, 05:00:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My only reason for assuming he'll leave Baker is because most dudes with the hype he has end up going to adifferent company after the company he had a breakthrough with has runs its course. Couldn't be happier for a kid I don't even know tho.

Love Kader's skating, and wish I could buy some of that pro weed. I don't really smoke weed anymore though, but I think it's pretty tight he's got his own strain.
[close]
I thought Nike was all anti-drugs (including weed) surely they won’t be down for all his weed antics on IG?
[close]

Have you seen Kevin Bradley's Instagram on any given day?
No I don’t follow him.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2020, 05:01:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?
[close]
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.
[close]
Jobs and sponsorships are kinda different you
fucking clown. All we’re saying is it’s kinda weird that he’s not even 21 and he’s on his 3rd shoe sponsor? He’s chopped and changed other sponsors aswell, name one pro that’s changed up sponsors so much in such a short space of time? And before you say Mike V and Markovich, no, that’s not the same. Fucking Kook that you are.
[close]

Why do you get to set the parameter that Mike V and Markovich can't be used? I can't put my finger on what the difference between Kader and those two are. Someone help me. Mr. Margaret Thatcher over here has me vexed.
If you can’t see the difference than it’s clearly you who is the fucking idiot.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2020, 05:14:40 AM »
mang Kev Bradley might not put out four parts a year but he doesn’t have to, cunt is a fucking demon on a skateboard
Might be just me but I always liked the cunts that made skateboarding come to them he owes us nothing

Go wank in the corner
listen to cosmic psychos

Nicki

« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2020, 05:15:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyways Baker reposted it on their story so he's not getting the Darius King treatment.
[close]

And Reynolds posted it with “Favorite Skater” so I wouldn’t worry about him becoming the first Nike skater on FA yet
[close]

.....KB.....Gino....probably more...
[close]

Donavon, Fitzgerald, Vincent, Terps, Nik, Caleb, (+ Swan, Sage, Louie, Kevin).
[close]

Well Cons and/or Hockey riders don’t really count in the Nike riders on FA convo.

But I’ll give Vincent and Kevin Bradley.  Gino on adidas and Terp hasn’t been seen skating to know whether he’s still on or not
[close]
Gino is still on the Nike team page.

So is Terp.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2020, 05:17:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?
[close]
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.
[close]
Jobs and sponsorships are kinda different you
fucking clown. All we’re saying is it’s kinda weird that he’s not even 21 and he’s on his 3rd shoe sponsor? He’s chopped and changed other sponsors aswell, name one pro that’s changed up sponsors so much in such a short space of time? And before you say Mike V and Markovich, no, that’s not the same. Fucking Kook that you are.
[close]

You can call it whatever you want but these corporations only care about the money he is bringing in to them. He should be doing the same. Weird? Sure but when you have options like this and don't take them they disappear eventually. I'm not a huge Kader or Nike fan but am happy for him.

This. How fucking stupid do you have to be to criticize someone for taking a Nike deal at 18. It is money. Money. These corporations couldn't give less of a fuck about history as long as the pro is gonna sell shoes. Multiple pros have done this before.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2020, 05:27:41 AM »
Maybe Kader just needs that Nike insurance.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 63
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2020, 05:43:07 AM »
I feel like none of these mother freakers are taking ABC Hat Co. seriously anymore. Get back in the game.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2020, 05:49:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure Baker, Nike and Supreme is better than FA, Nike and Supreme for Nike and Supreme ergo Andrew Reynolds is Julien Stranger 2.0/uncorporate, corporate king, the CEO of respect in skateboarding. Koston lost out to the throne when Numbers went under but actually way before that.

Kader is fucking up if he decides to skate for John Waters' cosplayer, reading on a walk.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2020, 06:56:04 AM »
i hope koston has to wait in line for 2 days at supreme to get his cute little hat

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2020, 07:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.
[close]

nah kader is has influence, I went to my local and half the baker boards say kader on em. Nike will pay money if they can turn a profit of a person. I can see it now him skating some hyped up travis scott dunk colorway or being in a edit for supreme dunks or some shit and muh fukkas just coppin. so they could have given him a good deal
[close]

I dunno about that. I don't see Kader getting that check right now. Seriously, the company is cutting budget left and right.

My money is on them flowing him hyped shoes to keep him and his newly adopted Supreme styling happy for awhile, and will try to get him actual contract and money after the COVID times have passed. For now I bet Kader chomps at the bit way harder than he did on Vans, kinda like a way to prove his worth to Nike. Seems like he's posted more actual skating today on Insta than he did in the last year on Vans.

He would've got a shoe on Vans, there's no way he left that for Nike flow

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2020, 07:29:50 AM »
i hope koston has to wait in line for 2 days at supreme to get his cute little hat

How can a man of his age be into Supreme and hypebeast stuff?

Like seriously if you are that vacuous at that age and need special clothes to feel of worth, you are seriously seriously fried.

That's kooky imo
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2020, 07:30:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How can a man of his age be into Supreme and hypebeast stuff?

Like seriously if you are that vacuous at that age and need special clothes to feel of worth, you are seriously seriously fried.

That's kooky imo

Bc he gets it for free?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
Nike Kader is ripping..

Fully here for camo's and dunks Kader.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2020, 08:06:31 AM »
Kader is a kook.

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
Koston has been wearing supreme for years and years. Before it blew up. Hes part of the reason it blew up. And yeah I'd wear it too if I got it for free

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
slap is so weird some times. there are pages and pages of threads talking about how big shoe companies are ruining skateboarding, and fucking over skate shops, but as soon as a pro jump ship to nike, thats just water under the bridge.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2020, 09:18:24 AM »
it's almost as though there is more than one person who posts

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2020, 09:48:20 AM »
'

there are?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2020, 09:54:28 AM »
hey i'd love if it were just fulltechnicalskizzy's twitter feed geocities page

Acky Jacky

« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »
Has anyone contemplated how weird of a choice the Tribe Called Quest song was?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2020, 10:15:46 AM »
Expand Quote
When I graduated college last year, I had a job lined up and started just two weeks after my graduation. It was a decent job that I really enjoyed for the most part, my supervisor and boss were super supportive, and my coworkers were cool enough. It paid decently enough too. I wasn't balling, but I wasn't hurting for money either. I quit that job only two months in because I got an unexpected offer for an even better job. It paid better, was closer to where I lived, and offered great benefits. I felt super bad about quitting so early into that first job starting, but I would've been a fool not to take this other job. I'm still working that job right now, as we speak (shout out being able to work remotely during this pandemic).

Was I very fortunate and privileged to be able to get both jobs? Absolutely yes. Would anyone say I sold out for doing what I did? Probably not. Respect to Kader for taking advantage of the opportunities he's earned.
[close]

Advertising gig by chance?
Nah, I work in housing at my former university now!

Also, that back smith pop out in that insta video compilation that Kader posted is fucking insane. You cannot watch that clip and still think that Kader skates like a little kid.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
if someone sends me that kader weed i can confirm or deny allegations that hes a sellout

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »
young skaters want chief keef sosa but the filmers only want wu tang and a tribe called quest :(

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2020, 01:12:00 PM »
if someone sends me that kader weed i can confirm or deny allegations that hes a sellout

For real tho. Anyone cop that Zach Woods kader skater pack? Shit looks really good. Haven't bought weed that comes in a plastic tray like they are sour ribbons before. What a time to be alive.
The chillest1

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2020, 03:10:57 PM »
young skaters want chief keef sosa but the filmers only want wu tang and a tribe called quest :(

No. Young skaters want Rosemary Clooney's Botch-A-Me and filmers want Van Morrison drunk as hell in the Last Waltz.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »
425 a Q though? Your gonna have to put in some more than that to open up talks. 

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
Has anyone contemplated how weird of a choice the Tribe Called Quest song was?
Cancelled

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No. Young skaters want Rosemary Clooney's Botch-A-Me and filmers want Van Morrison drunk as hell in the Last Waltz.
Haha, that is an epic performance (apparently he has crippling stage fright). Either way, Mesa using Caravan for Bobby Puleo's part in Penal Code is masterful.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2020, 06:29:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
425 a Q though? Your gonna have to put in some more than that to open up talks.
Am I tripping or is that about 3 times more than it should be? Is this like a luxury brand thing? I'm genuinely asking.

According to the IG, it's not on the West Coast yet but it does have to be packaged to be legally sold in California (although this law is taking a long time to get enforced.) I get the wild packaging because I think it just has to be sealed and then you're free to do something interesting but it still seems like it's spendy.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.