Author Topic: Everything B L A N K s thread  (Read 27904 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: Everything B L A N K s thread
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2022, 08:44:54 AM »
They look really nice, so used to seeing the super full shapes everyone is running.

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2022, 03:39:32 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/YkIU3d4

Orange 8.5
Blue 8.25

They do look rounder from the bottom

They do look good.

Are all of the Woodchuck decks one colour on top and the rest natural?

I seem to recall seeing that somewhere, unless I am thinking of some other woodshop.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2022, 03:44:03 PM »

Just going through their instagram.

I wonder now if some places almost have too many boards coming out of production, as per the new post, when there used to be significantly higher minimums, which would freeze out most people who just wanted a few boards at a time.

A a month or so ago, they had shown blanks with $20 each, minimum 30 boards, as per this post:

AlumarX

• Rep: 13
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2022, 06:53:10 PM »
I got a Globe 8.375 deck as a winter beater and it got soggy after 5-6 sessions. Still using it since the real winter temps barely just started here in KC so I'm trying to make it last til the spring. Not a fan

I can't even celebrate someone landing a trick, it's so soggy they won't even hear it lol

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2022, 07:59:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Orange 8.5
Blue 8.25

[close]

They do look good.

I seem to recall seeing that somewhere, unless I am thinking of some other woodshop.

So at first they were doing color tops and mid ply

Then I’m pretty sure they switched to all natural during peak pandemic. My first order from them had no stains.

Now they started doing stain tops and bottoms. My last order which came I think Octoberish was top and bottom. Which I assume was to accommodate customer demand. I’ve interacted with a few folks who order with them and they ask for it.

the boards in the 5 blank pack they do are advertised as natural decks.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2022, 08:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Orange 8.5
Blue 8.25

[close]

They do look good.

[close]

So at first they were doing color tops and mid ply

Then I’m pretty sure they switched to all natural during peak pandemic. My first order from them had no stains.

Now they started doing stain tops and bottoms. My last order which came I think Octoberish was top and bottom. Which I assume was to accommodate customer demand. I’ve interacted with a few folks who order with them and they ask for it.

the boards in the 5 blank pack they do are advertised as natural decks.

I used to not care at all, but in recent years I find I definitely lean towards at least one colour on top and one on the bottom, with many people I know saying plain / natural just reminds them of cheap / budget boards.

That sounds good then if the recognised brands get more in the way of options (as you have) and the simpler / blank sales are different boards, or at least natural bottom ply layers.

DaveRichardson

• Rep: -4
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2022, 07:32:29 AM »
I dunno if anyone from EU-UK is interested but DWINDLE blanks (which aren’t bad for the money) can be gotten from Decathlon for 30 euros.
Route one sell Globe(dwindle) blanks for 20£ currently. I have a feeling some route one boards are dwindle and the others are from the UK company. I’ve had a few before and they’re ok but lose pop and become brittle quite fast.

UPDATE Been skating this for about 3-4 weeks now. Still got hella pop. Not razor tailed. Been doing a lot of flip tricks, grinds, nose slides, full cabs etc and still feels good. Usually Dwindle boards can lose pop but this still feels fine. Only thing I will say is that it feels  abit like it's going to snap v soon. But after 3 weeks of skating 6-8 hours im sure thats normal

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2022, 04:19:22 PM »

Just thought this might be relevant here.

Again checking how they are now in terms of quality of work and timeframe.

https://skatepaige.com/blank-skateboard-deck/skateboard-catalog.html#decks

Uncut blank. 9.5x35, 14” wheelbase. Ordered two for $40 shipped. There’s an option for undrilled and a 10.5” too.

WorkinHardHardware

• Rep: 12
    • Workin' Hard Hardware Etsy Shop avatar image
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2022, 04:08:11 PM »
I sell uncut blanks, check out @workinhardhardware on insta. Have 9.5" and 11" uncuts hand glued and pressed in Tempe, AZ 8)

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2022, 05:06:30 PM »
I sell uncut blanks, check out @WorkinHardHardware on insta. Have 9.5" and 11" uncuts hand glued and pressed in Tempe, AZ 8)

Looking good!

Adding this to the Woodshop thread as well.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »

Got a very square delivery from Skatepaige. The 14” wb is straight and accurate. Someone else posted some badly drilled ones so I left them a voicemail to send me undrilled instead but they didn’t get it. One long side is left rough, other three are cut square. 9.625”x 34.625”, 8.375” nose, 7.875” tail. Nose/tail fingers of flat are on the longer side.
 One of them has messed up top/bottom ply but out of the cut area for a typical tail. The other one is all good. Concave is very mellow, currently about 7/16” deep and that’s before cutting it down, for comparison the Gonz Sweatpants is 0.5” deep concave. Pretty sure the nose and tail are the same 20 degree angle, hard to tell using a phone measuring app and from what I remember all manufacturers have a 1-2 degree difference max.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:04:40 PM by braksabbath »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2022, 07:22:07 PM »

Got a very square delivery from Skatepaige. The 14” wb is straight and accurate. Someone else posted some badly drilled ones so I left them a voicemail to send me undrilled instead but they didn’t get it. One long side is left rough, other three are cut square. 9.625”x 34.625”, 8.375” nose, 7.875” tail. Nose/tail fingers of flat are on the longer side.
 One of them has messed up top/bottom ply but out of the cut area for a typical tail. The other one is all good. Concave is very mellow, currently about 7/16” deep and that’s before cutting it down, for comparison the Gonz Sweatpants is 0.5” deep concave. Pretty sure the nose and tail are the same 20 degree angle, hard to tell using a phone measuring app and from what I remember all manufacturers have a 1-2 degree difference max.

At least with longer fingers of flat and such a short wheelbase to start with, it would be easy enough to drill it out further, etiher at one or both ends.

I would recommend putting trucks loosely on it first and testing the manual / pivot point, maybe even before cutting it, then that would help you work out if you do want to redrill the bolt holes how far out you can go.

From past experience with some boards, it made them perfect or others unskateable changing the wheelbase into the kick area or too far into the board.

Something like the six hole baseplate would easily give the back of the board a bit more of a crisp tail, while only lengthening it 3/8" which is reasonable.  If you want longer, do the same to the nose end as well.

Oh one thing I was curious about is the angle of the kicks.  Are they both the same angle, so you could ride the board either way (before cutting it) or is one steeper / more mellow than the other?

*  Not that I am ever going to get one, but I am always curious, especially with boards that you could in theory make directional from uncut blanks.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2022, 03:20:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I dunno if anyone from EU-UK is interested but DWINDLE blanks (which aren’t bad for the money) can be gotten from Decathlon for 30 euros.
Route one sell Globe(dwindle) blanks for 20£ currently. I have a feeling some route one boards are dwindle and the others are from the UK company. I’ve had a few before and they’re ok but lose pop and become brittle quite fast.

[close]

UPDATE Been skating this for about 3-4 weeks now. Still got hella pop. Not razor tailed. Been doing a lot of flip tricks, grinds, nose slides, full cabs etc and still feels good. Usually Dwindle boards can lose pop but this still feels fine. Only thing I will say is that it feels  abit like it's going to snap v soon. But after 3 weeks of skating 6-8 hours im sure thats normal

i had like 4 or 5 of these, good boards. used to buy them when i didn't have money for a brand name deck.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2022, 12:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i had like 4 or 5 of these, good boards. used to buy them when i didn't have money for a brand name deck.
gonna try these. sorry skateshops but i'm broke..

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2022, 05:27:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are these decks really cheaper in Sweden than the basic blanks or pricepoint Dwindle boards though?

More curious than anything really, but when I checked out the exchange rate and prices, I thought some other boards did work out cheaper, but I am pretty much the opposite corner of Earth, so really only can check things like that online.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2022, 05:31:39 AM »

Example here in Australia:

Decathlon blank skateboard deck AU$65

Other blank skateboard deck AU$49.99

Blind decks from AU$50 (with free grip from some stores)

* Pro boards from AU$100 to 130 and up now, but often as low as $65 on sale if you know where to find them as well.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Re: Everything BLANKs thread blank decks blanks
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2022, 05:49:45 PM »

This thread is so hard to find on searches with the main header being spaced out.

Just linking from the "Anyone ever DIY press a deck using roarrockit?" thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120023.msg3745293#msg3745293

Expand Quote
I did the slightly more sane thing and ordered uncut blanks
[close]
Where did you order from?

Quite a few smaller woodshops are doing uncut blanks, including Working Hard Hardware and Skatepaige

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WorkinHardHardware

https://skatepaige.com/blank-skateboard-deck/skateboard-catalog.html#decks

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2022, 04:05:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Are these decks really cheaper in Sweden than the basic blanks or pricepoint Dwindle boards though?

More curious than anything really, but when I checked out the exchange rate and prices, I thought some other boards did work out cheaper, but I am pretty much the opposite corner of Earth, so really only can check things like that online.
cheapest board i could find in a skate shop here was 400kr and the decathlon one is 200kr.

edit: only looked at 8.25s

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2022, 05:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
cheapest board i could find in a skate shop here was 400kr and the decathlon one is 200kr.

edit: only looked at 8.25s

Yeah, that would work to get two boards that hopefully would last a reasonable amount of time, compared to only one from a skate shop for the same price.

See how long it lasts for you.

nekro

• Rep: 8

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2022, 03:46:31 AM »
cross post from the set up thread:

artprint blank - measures 8.27 x 31.7, the dimensions they gave me were 8.325 x 31.625, wheelbase is 14.2, nimble as fuck, i only skated some flatground and it flips like crazy. mellow kicks, medium concave

ace 44 classics with 4 year old ace stock bushings

spitfire f4 og classics 58mm 99a

some bones reds, some indy gpb

diamond 7/8 bolts

jessup
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:55:16 AM by roba »
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2022, 03:50:40 AM »

artprint.eu blank - measures 8.27 x 31.7, the dimensions they gave me were 8.325 x 31.625, wheelbase is 14.2, nimble as fuck, i only skated some flatground and it flips like crazy. mellow kicks, medium concave

diamond 7/8 bolts

jessup

This is a beauty

edit: what do you mainly skate? I'm asking due to the size of the wheels just curious tbh

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2022, 09:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote

artprint.eu blank - measures 8.27 x 31.7, the dimensions they gave me were 8.325 x 31.625, wheelbase is 14.2, nimble as fuck, i only skated some flatground and it flips like crazy. mellow kicks, medium concave

diamond 7/8 bolts

jessup
[close]

This is a beauty

edit: what do you mainly skate? I'm asking due to the size of the wheels just curious tbh

well i only buy big wheels because they last longer ;D i used to skate 54mm 99a conical fulls for about 5 years straight and after a year of skating a set they wore down to 45mm always. one time i was looking for them and couldn't find any, only the 101s and i prefer 99s so i got a set of 58mm classics because that was the only shape and size i could find in 99a and after a year of skating they turned into 50s so i decided to run with that shape. i liked them the most when they were around 52-54mm, they wore down into something like a radial full. this time i got the og classics because the skateshop i work at had them in stock and they kept looking at me weird so i decided to buy them.

tl;dr i bought these because i liked how they looked
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »

artprint blank - measures 8.27 x 31.7, the dimensions they gave me were 8.325 x 31.625, wheelbase is 14.2, nimble as fuck, i only skated some flatground and it flips like crazy. mellow kicks, medium concave

Did we ever work out where these came from?

I know it was talked about a bit, but I think it ended up as an "unknown" manufacturer.

Looks awesome too!

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2022, 06:45:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know it was talked about a bit, but I think it ended up as an "unknown" manufacturer.

Looks awesome too!

yeah, unknown manufacturer, probably from china. the shape is a little weird, i couldn't tell the nose from the tail, i even measured the kicks and they were the same length but maybe they're shaped differently? i couldn't figure out a way to check that and i just set it up but now it's giving me anxiety because i feel like i might have mounted it backwards but i'm trying not to think about that too much, because it skates well both regular and nollie. also the deck is very stiff, stiffer than dwindle and similar to crail boards, but i'm 99% sure that it's from a different woodshop. anyway it feels quality although it's only one day old so time will tell.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2022, 04:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks awesome too!
[close]

yeah, unknown manufacturer, probably from china. the shape is a little weird, i couldn't tell the nose from the tail, i even measured the kicks and they were the same length but maybe they're shaped differently? i couldn't figure out a way to check that and i just set it up but now it's giving me anxiety because i feel like i might have mounted it backwards but i'm trying not to think about that too much, because it skates well both regular and nollie. also the deck is very stiff, stiffer than dwindle and similar to crail boards, but i'm 99% sure that it's from a different woodshop. anyway it feels quality although it's only one day old so time will tell.

Thanks!

Yeah it is always a funny one nowdays with a lot of places not wanting to say where they get things, but at the end of the day, if it works, then that is all that matters.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2022, 09:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
update

been skating this deck for like 2 weeks and this shit sucks, wont be buying again. mushed out quick and is chipping everywhere.

cant be mad cuz it cost 200kr tho lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:55:04 AM by goingapelikenigo »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
update

been skating this deck for like 2 weeks and this shit sucks, wont be buying again. mushed out quick and is chipping everywhere.

So for the cheap price, is it worth getting two for the same cost as a normal / better board from a skate shop?

I guess that is the question really.

When I was a lot younger and didn't have a whole lot of cash, cheap blanks were easier to get, but I did go through more of them.  At least I had a new board more often, but if it doesn't even hold up for half the time that a normal board would, then it seems like you are losing out in the long run.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2022, 06:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
update

[close]

So for the cheap price, is it worth getting two for the same cost as a normal / better board from a skate shop?

When I was a lot younger and didn't have a whole lot of cash, cheap blanks were easier to get, but I did go through more of them.  At least I had a new board more often, but if it doesn't even hold up for half the time that a normal board would, then it seems like you are losing out in the long run.

All comes down to pricepoint, I had friends pick one up for $15 and it lasted him for a month. Pretty good value since most US boards last him 4x that but last only 2 months.

At $15 - great value
Anything more - nah
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2022, 11:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
update

[close]

not worth it for me is all i can say, would rather skate a nice bbs board for one month and be happy.  ;D