Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148634 times)

non-playable character

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Post your fit
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2021, 05:19:57 AM »
kinda didn't wanna post here but i'm bored at work and you guys seem to really like carhartt wip

it's all carhartt except for the frog hat and obvious shoes

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2021, 06:50:40 AM »
kinda didn't wanna post here but i'm bored at work and you guys seem to really like carhartt wip

I have the same hat, love it!
Cant go wrong with Carhartt too...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

non-playable character

« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2021, 08:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have the same hat, love it!
Cant go wrong with Carhartt too...

it’s my favourite!! tbh my entire closet is almost exclusively carhartt nowadays so sometimes i get really bored of it but i have to wear it for work so there’s actually not much to complain about lol.

Bender

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2021, 09:21:01 AM »
Help me understand the WIP thing.

Is the point to look blue collar but spend more on one fit than an average laborer makes in a week?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2021, 10:05:57 AM »

Is the point to look blue collar but spend more on one fit than an average laborer makes in a week?

The objective is that you can find find it much easier in Europe than regular (cheaper) Carhartt.
(If I lived in the US I would probably just get the regular workwear stuff tbh)
Also 90% of europeans don't even know about the workwear roots of the brand.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »

you couldn't really get carhartt workwear or only some items in europe in the 90s. some german dude licensed the carhartt name and started to sell carhartt style inspired streetwear. a lot of styles straight copies from workwear. it's just the same like dickies doesn't make only workwear clothes but also streetwear clothes and sells them in europe. at some point someone at carhartt thought hey why not sell everything everywhere. since then wip is available in the us and europe has the whole workwear range. for carhartt wip is an opportunity for collabs and to market straight to skaters, or whatever sub- or youthculture. for europeans brands like carhartt and dickies are also different. they were always kind of fashion for us  because we have our own workwear brands over here but those don't make cool pants or duck hoodeds. it's possible to find good domestic workwear that is similar but sometimes you need a hookup to buy at those stores because they are for tradesmen only basically.

it's also important to note that i think carhartt wip is a good bit cheaper for europeans than for you us guys, at the same time, for us the og workwear is much more expensive. a b01 i.e. pretty much costs the same than a wip pant here. i'd always take the workwear. and carhartt wip denim is cheaper than other brands but pretty good and has been fairly popular now here for 20 years. for europeans it's normal to buy wip, it's all we had for the most part. can totally see how this is weird to americans.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2021, 12:12:19 PM »
@yourbreakfsat  Woah! Thanks for the follow through! I have some grey recaps on mine... https://www.instagram.com/p/CNda5KilPbH/

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »
Looks like you just shot a jumper 3 pointer, and or you are that salt bae guy. Season that Coping son!
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2021, 12:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you couldn't really get carhartt workwear or only some items in europe in the 90s. some german dude licensed the carhartt name and started to sell carhartt style inspired streetwear. a lot of styles straight copies from workwear. it's just the same like dickies doesn't make only workwear clothes but also streetwear clothes and sells them in europe. at some point someone at carhartt thought hey why not sell everything everywhere. since then wip is available in the us and europe has the whole workwear range. for carhartt wip is an opportunity for collabs and to market straight to skaters, or whatever sub- or youthculture. for europeans brands like carhartt and dickies are also different. they were always kind of fashion for us  because we have our own workwear brands over here but those don't make cool pants or duck hoodeds. it's possible to find good domestic workwear that is similar but sometimes you need a hookup to buy at those stores because they are for tradesmen only basically.

it's also important to note that i think carhartt wip is a good bit cheaper for europeans than for you us guys, at the same time, for us the og workwear is much more expensive. a b01 i.e. pretty much costs the same than a wip pant here. i'd always take the workwear. and carhartt wip denim is cheaper than other brands but pretty good and has been fairly popular now here for 20 years. for europeans it's normal to buy wip, it's all we had for the most part. can totally see how this is weird to americans.
Carhartt pants are $40USD at the army surplus store and the jacket I bought in the 90s for $75 goes for like $120 now. The difference in price is severe and I was hostile to the WIP label before I knew the weird distro backstory on it. I do sorta wanna get that WIP skate backpack that has the reflective coating on it but on the other hand I'm not trying to look like I robbed a skate shop.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »
Looks like you just shot a jumper 3 pointer, and or you are that salt bae guy. Season that Coping son!

Ha! Try as I might, those hands have minds of their own....

non-playable character

« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2021, 01:24:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah this basically sums it up. i get a lot of people in the store that are looking for actual workwear and often they’re kind of disappointed when they find out the difference. the fabric on the wip “workwear” items is supposedly the exact same as carhartt uses though.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Carhartt pants are $40USD at the army surplus store and the jacket I bought in the 90s for $75 goes for like $120 now. The difference in price is severe and I was hostile to the WIP label before I knew the weird distro backstory on it. I do sorta wanna get that WIP skate backpack that has the reflective coating on it but on the other hand I'm not trying to look like I robbed a skate shop.

yeah some of the wip stuff isn't bad, like the organic duck jacket is pretty nice, but for us here it's almost the same pricewise to buy either brand. the workwear stuff is more rugged, the wip stuff is a bit flimsier but you have all sorts of cuts and colorchoices, cuts that might fit better. it's also more accessible. for workwear you order it online at carhartt or i would go to the workwear store that carries carhartt and they can order all sorts of other stuff that carhartt doesn't have on their site for some reason. workwear pants are around 60-80 euros, wip pants are 80-120 euros. duck active jacket costs around 160 workwear and depending on what version you get 140-200 wip. i could see someone preferring a wip cut or fabric with disposable money say fuck it and go for the wip version. most wip stuff is sturdy enough to hold up to skating. maybe not to do extended carpentry or construction work in.

i still prefer the workwear stuff since i don't buy carhartt for nice looking clothes. it's just more rugged than most stuff i can find and i like my stuff to last a long time. i have some shirts that i have for about 20 years now. my mom bought me two short sleeve carhartt workshirts over the course of a year so i don't look like a bum at school and it was something that was sold at the skate shop, so she figured i'd wear it. luckily i haven't grown since age 13 so they still fit very good. might bust them out for a fit pic. 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2021, 04:43:04 PM »
Other point is, since it’s a lot more common to find in Europe, it’s also a lot easier to find nice discounts on WIP clothing. All the Carhartt stuff I own was bought at half price or close to that. So yeah, 120 for some jeans is pretty steep, but if you’re patient you can get them for 60 and that’s not really breaking the bank.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Fhk

« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »

night time walking off a stir fry and eggs:

-carhartt rain defender heavy weight (very warm and comfy, maintaining inner fuzz after a few wash cycles. the hood isn't as big as it could be and it's already getting sunbleached after less than 6 months of wearing/working. dope hoody nonetheless)
-solstice skateshop NBMA joggers
-tom knox NB#440 hi
Those sweats are dope.

Bender

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »
The whole designer couture workwear thing is pretty stupid when you think about it.

I buy Carhartt cause it’s a good compromise between quality/affordability/disposability.
Dickies and Red Kap are VF Corp so nah not for me.

Props to the guys who thought of it though. Might as well cash in.

That LaBrea store in LA is one stop shopping for producers and agency who think they can slum it with the crew though.

$140 polyester blend dickies cuts, fuck outta here.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #465 on: April 14, 2021, 08:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote

-carhartt rain defender heavy weight (very warm and comfy, maintaining inner fuzz after a few wash cycles. the hood isn't as big as it could be and it's already getting sunbleached after less than 6 months of wearing/working. dope hoody nonetheless)
-tom knox NB#440 hi
[close]
Those sweats are dope.

508 kid
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2021, 08:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

-tom knox NB#440 hi
[close]
Those sweats are dope.
[close]

508 kid
401 here but grew up next door to 508.  Represent. Southern New England gnar

Cash bandicoot

• Rep: 4
« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2021, 03:08:34 AM »

Autumn beanie
Uniqlo jacket
Faction zero NJHC tee
Cords from depop
Based hand gesture
You know the shoes.

My girlfriend was making fun of me but she wears all black everyday, which I usually do too but I'm trying to branch out a little since im in my mid 20s now
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:15:15 AM by Cash bandicoot »
a venn diagram showing the intersection of mediocre, garbage, and even-toed ungulates

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2021, 03:20:12 AM »

Autumn beanie
Uniqlo jacket
Faction zero NJHC tee
Cords from depop
Based hand gesture
You know the shoes.

My girlfriend was making fun of me but she wears all black everyday, which I usually do too but I'm trying to branch out a little since im in my mid 20s now

I really like this fit man. Clean!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2021, 09:55:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

-tom knox NB#440 hi
[close]
Those sweats are dope.
[close]

508 kid
[close]
401 here but grew up next door to 508.  Represent. Southern New England gnar

Ayeee! I grew up 20mins up 44 from Providence. In norcal now, but gonna be back for a visit (vaxxed) in June. I wanna skate providence!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »
The whole designer couture workwear thing is pretty stupid when you think about it.

I buy Carhartt cause it’s a good compromise between quality/affordability/disposability.
Dickies and Red Kap are VF Corp so nah not for me.

Props to the guys who thought of it though. Might as well cash in.

That LaBrea store in LA is one stop shopping for producers and agency who think they can slum it with the crew though.

$140 polyester blend dickies cuts, fuck outta here.

It’s endlessly amusing to me that some people think designer and workwear belong in the same sentence

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2021, 06:17:24 AM »
Beer in the yard fit

Pringle cardigan
Polar 93s
Birkenstock Bostons

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2021, 12:48:44 PM »
Beer in the yard fit

Pringle cardigan
Polar 93s
Birkenstock Bostons

What kind of beer?

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #473 on: April 17, 2021, 01:38:17 PM »
Birra Moretti!

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2021, 01:44:24 PM »
Birra Moretti!
okay but that middle part is *muah* chef kiss

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2021, 06:03:20 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2021, 06:03:52 PM »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2021, 06:06:17 PM »
Thrifted Vans five panel hat

Been looking for a replacement because I enjoy the leather strap

Howler Bros flannel

Costco? Fleece lined hoodie

Rvca weekender pants

Dunk SB Nori mid (2013?)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »

Muji t-shirt
Polar 90s denim
Vans web belt
Solovair Oxblood 8 eye Derby boots
Generic "military" watch (I needed a watch and it was like $10)
Fairdale Flyer bike

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2021, 09:06:30 PM »

-tom knox NB#440 hi

Nice fit. Those Knox NBs look clean  @IusedToSkateMore