Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148752 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Post your fit
« Reply #540 on: May 10, 2021, 08:06:14 AM »

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #541 on: May 10, 2021, 08:10:21 AM »

Thrifted Carhartt Work Shirt
Carhartt WIP Pocket Tee/Belt
Polar 93's from the last drop
NB Numeric 288 Sport

The way the pic is cropped makes the shirt almost look like a doctors jacket. I wish my doc had your sense of style though.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #542 on: May 11, 2021, 06:24:01 AM »
not to be a debbie downer but I grabbed some of those good fellow Ts from target and damn hey are itchy!
I miss those 5 dollar mossimos they had.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #543 on: May 11, 2021, 08:53:48 AM »
not to be a debbie downer but I grabbed some of those good fellow Ts from target and damn hey are itchy!
the packs of white tees or individual ones? i've got the pack and those are probably the comfiest shirts i own

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #544 on: May 11, 2021, 11:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the packs of white tees or individual ones? i've got the pack and those are probably the comfiest shirts i own

I miss the mossimos too but the goodfellows are super comfy. My only beef is they attract mad hair.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #545 on: May 11, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had the individual ones, will try the packs. I think  I got a bad one. I got two and one of them makes me itch like a fool!
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #546 on: May 13, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »

PlayStation Slapback
Goodfellow Tee
Lee Stretchy Slim Chinos (thanks, Sears bankruptcy)
Apple Watch 54mm
Nike SB Zoom Blazer Mids

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #547 on: May 13, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »
was never a blazers fan but man they really work when put w an outfit.
love how they are subtle. They stand out but not like a dunk and work with outfits better.
That fit pic and the Upper west side curb club video have convinced me to buy a pair

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #548 on: May 13, 2021, 01:40:42 PM »
love how they are subtle. They stand out but not like a dunk and work with outfits better.
That fit pic and the Upper west side curb club video have convinced me to buy a pair

You won’t regret it. You can pop em with just about anything and they just work, especially the black ones. They’re sort of a bitch to get on, but they’re way more comfy than I’d imagined.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #549 on: May 13, 2021, 02:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You won’t regret it. You can pop em with just about anything and they just work, especially the black ones. They’re sort of a bitch to get on, but they’re way more comfy than I’d imagined.

Loosen the laces up a bunch and skip the top 1-2 lace holes and they’ll slip on real nice but still lock your foot in. Blazers have been a go to of mine for a while

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #550 on: May 13, 2021, 02:55:17 PM »
Thanks @hobochimp. I’ve been walking on eggshells trying to not stretch them out.

socksthewizard

• Rep: 13
« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2021, 08:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote

Thrifted Carhartt Work Shirt
Carhartt WIP Pocket Tee/Belt
Polar 93's from the last drop
NB Numeric 288 Sport
[close]

The way the pic is cropped makes the shirt almost look like a doctors jacket. I wish my doc had your sense of style though.

considering my mom is still upset with me not picking the med school route, this may just be my way of making up for it subconciously. thank you for the compliment tho :)

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #552 on: May 15, 2021, 06:21:55 AM »

considering my mom is still upset with me not picking the med school route, this may just be my way of making up for it subconciously. thank you for the compliment tho :)

Of course! My parents couldn’t have cared less what I did with my life, so look at the silver lining—your mom actually gives a shit. But you gotta do you.

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »

I feel like a dirty casual hanging out in this thread, i don't have a clue, when it comes to fashion.

Red wing moc toes, whatever Nudie Jeans(maybe Grim Tims) and an APC overshirt.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #554 on: May 15, 2021, 06:32:44 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I feel like a dirty casual hanging out in this thread, i don't have a clue, when it comes to fashion.

That’s like a hip version of a Canadian tuxedo.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2021, 02:44:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Still one of my fav celebrity pics of all time:

@Heywoodfloyd I think some straight fit jeans or even a loose cut would improve that fit a few notches. Red wings are pretty sick, just not a big fan with slim jeans.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2021, 07:15:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Still one of my fav celebrity pics of all time:

@Heywoodfloyd I think some straight fit jeans or even a loose cut would improve that fit a few notches. Red wings are pretty sick, just not a big fan with slim jeans.
Yeah, I’m with you on that. Still, for saying he doesn’t know shit it’s a solid fit.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2021, 06:24:03 PM »

Solid fit and quite an impressive mustache.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2021, 07:56:21 AM »

Great fit. As a fellow mustache-wearer whose jeans many on this forum would consider too slim-fitting, I feel this. I wear moc toes for the regs as well, though mine are Thorogoods.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Great fit. As a fellow mustache-wearer whose jeans many on this forum would consider too slim-fitting, I feel this. I wear moc toes for the regs as well, though mine are Thorogoods.

Slim pants the new 7.75

I wear a lot of 501s, and if I could only have one, that’d be it, I guess. For me, the bigger jeans thing has kind of gone far enough, it’s now the uniform for everyone. I think a slimmer pant/jean looks different, and therefore nice (using Levi’s system, something like a 511/513, but I need some options other than Levi’s).

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Slim pants the new 7.75

I wear a lot of 501s, and if I could only have one, that’d be it, I guess. For me, the bigger jeans thing has kind of gone far enough, it’s now the uniform for everyone. I think a slimmer pant/jean looks different, and therefore nice (using Levi’s system, something like a 511/513, but I need some options other than Levi’s).

I used to really like 511s when they first dropped in 2009/10ish, the ones that had checkered patterns inside  and the large red-gold Levis Original Skinny Jeans tag inside as well. The later models seem to be all over the place in width and fit. Although I generally wear carhartt work pants or bdu's nowadays, the best, better fitting pants I've got are Patagonia Performance Twill Jeans. They're light and comfortable, tapered opened. They're usually 90-100 bucks but have a life time warranty. Meaning I'd you rip them skating or working of whatever, Patagonia will repair or replace, 99% of the time replacing for the cost of shipping.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Slim pants the new 7.75

If we are comparing pants to deck size I would say 501’s are more of a 8.0. I have some raw denim ones I wear once in a while.
I said loose on my reply but I actually meant more of a relaxed fit. I think it matches better the volume of the redwing boots. Kinda like this:
...of course this is personal preference in the end of the day.

Maybe this pant/deck size is actually good guide ahah:

Skinny = 7.5
Slim = 7.75
Straight = 8.0
Relaxed = 8.25
Loose = 8.5
Baggy/wide = >8.5

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Slim pants the new 7.75

Just my two cents but a lot of what people call slim or tight on here is just a normal straight fit. I think there is a bit of dysmorphia due to how far things have swung in the direction of baggy, and it is cool to see people doing their own thing and not just everyone in big boys or whatever.

geezer

• Rep: 36
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2021, 01:34:22 PM »
I actually have that Alien/Dino Jr. Shirt.  Got it as a gift, pretty sure it's not the one on Teejerker for $500.  Anyway, wore it to a J. Mascis show a couple years ago.  The merch guy took a pic because he had never seen one.  Also, talked with AA for a bit at that show, so it was a pretty good night  ;D

Expand Quote
^Damn I haven't seen that Alien graphic since the early 90s. Saw Dinosaur on the Green Mind tour and that was actually the shirt for that show. Had a big DJ logo and a little tiny Alien logo in the bottom corner. All I knew about AW at the time was that it was Neil Blender's new thing.
[close]

Oh damn, that's so sick!
I just went to try to find it and found that version (sold for 500dollars  :o ) :
https://teejerker.com/products/early-90s-dinosaur-jr-alien-workshop

Mine is the exact same front graphic but without the Dinosaur Jr stuff. Only know that the graphic its called Visitor Window based on this:

Kinda curious to know more about it tho... Gonna email AWS!

Expand Quote

Did it again man.
[close]

Thanks man! As a Superstar dude, you should try to find a pair of this "laceless" version. I already talked about it in here a bunch, but its a much superior version to the regular one or even the ADV one. With the Puffy tongue too! They are going for quite cheap on most of the websites (at least in Europe).

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2021, 02:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Slim pants the new 7.75

[close]

If we are comparing pants to deck size I would say 501’s are more of a 8.0. I have some raw denim ones I wear once in a while.
I said loose on my reply but I actually meant more of a relaxed fit. I think it matches better the volume of the redwing boots. Kinda like this:
...of course this is personal preference in the end of the day.

Maybe this pant/deck size is actually good guide ahah:

Skinny = 7.5
Slim = 7.75
Straight = 8.0
Relaxed = 8.25
Loose = 8.5
Baggy/wide = >8.5

Ha. 501s an 8, maybe 8.25 (whatever the ‘regular size’ is, so although the regular size is probably 8.25-8.5, once you add historical context....blah blah carry the 3....I think you’ve nailed it)

Also agree with the pants to boot volume, rad way of putting it. The slim denim/workwear with the chunky boot def feels like ‘hipster’ Brooklyn vibes. The thing is....the current zeitgeist in skate is so baggy, I like seeing something ‘different’. Bout to look for some EE knew slims or somethin (that’s a lie, I’m way too old for those, but slim/straight recommendations appreciated).

dofrenzy

« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »
One for the old folks, my fit for today’s session:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_TSCyFG6R/?utm_medium=copy_link

- Dickie’s Loose fit double knee pants (they have plenty of room for pads underneath)
- Vans  SK8-HI 10.5 US
- Old school Tony hawk shirt (usually don’t wear to skate but was feelin’ it today)
- Old Bones Therapy Knee sleeves
- Knee-high support hose, errr, I mean high performance athletic compression socks. ;)
- Skull and crossbones bandana, left on the bench, used to sop up the sweat today
- Board size 8.75” (currently Krooked Eyes), thinking about 8.5 because not a lot of choices in 8.75

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2021, 02:50:34 PM »
One for the old folks, my fit for today’s session:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO_TSCyFG6R/?utm_medium=copy_link

- Dickie’s Loose fit double knee pants (they have plenty of room for pads underneath)
- Vans  SK8-HI 10.5 US
- Old school Tony hawk shirt (usually don’t wear to skate but was feelin’ it today)
- Old Bones Therapy Knee sleeves
- Knee-high support hose, errr, I mean high performance athletic compression socks. ;)
- Skull and crossbones bandana, left on the bench, used to sop up the sweat today
- Board size 8.75” (currently Krooked Eyes), thinking about 8.5 because not a lot of choices in 8.75

where are you buying boards? Jay usually has a good selection at Solstice in NB. Shit, even Edge in Taunton used to have a decent selection on the walls. But I haven't been to either on in a while, so I don't really know!

dofrenzy

Re: Post your fit.
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2021, 03:37:59 PM »

where are you buying boards? Jay usually has a good selection at Solstice in NB. Shit, even Edge in Taunton used to have a decent selection on the walls. But I haven't been to either on in a while, so I don't really know!

Hey man, just so you know who you’re dealing with, I went to Civil in Prov. when I first started in 2019 (supporting my local) just to get pads and while looking at the stickers, I had to ask “What is a Nyjah?” LOL.  I’ve come a long way since!

I’m just commenting on what I find online.  Checking the new catalogs (Deathwish for example) there usually seems to be only one or two choices for 8.75”, but I admit that artwork is important to me too so maybe I only perceive lower availability.  Seriously considering going to 8.5” for more choices.

Will definitely checkout Solstice in NB and Edge in Taunton now that I am full VAX.  I appreciate the heads up on Solstice had not checked NB for skate stuff.  Shalom brother!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
Re: Post your fit.
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2021, 05:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey man, just so you know who you’re dealing with, I went to Civil in Prov. when I first started in 2019 (supporting my local) just to get pads and while looking at the stickers, I had to ask “What is a Nyjah?” LOL.  I’ve come a long way since!

I’m just commenting on what I find online.  Checking the new catalogs (Deathwish for example) there usually seems to be only one or two choices for 8.75”, but I admit that artwork is important to me too so maybe I only perceive lower availability.  Seriously considering going to 8.5” for more choices.

Will definitely checkout Solstice in NB and Edge in Taunton now that I am full VAX.  I appreciate the heads up on Solstice had not checked NB for skate stuff.  Shalom brother!

for sure, man! Solstice has been selling skate stuff since the 90s. Super good shit. there's a concrete DIY part in NB as well, under a bridge. I'm sure they'd tell you how to get there.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2021, 06:39:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Slim pants the new 7.75

[close]

Just my two cents but a lot of what people call slim or tight on here is just a normal straight fit. I think there is a bit of dysmorphia due to how far things have swung in the direction of baggy, and it is cool to see people doing their own thing and not just everyone in big boys or whatever.

Yea what you said