Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118458 times)

Mad Max

Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1110 on: September 03, 2021, 01:29:43 PM »
Not a fan of Breeana and don't think she deserves to go pro. The level of women's skating getting fairly high and she just isn't there.
A small percentage of me wants to be wrong and put an amazing part together for the next Chocolate video...

Gary called it on Skateline. Not sure what Girl was thinking with that going pro promo thing?
And yeah, the thrasher cover is an ok photo but the trick is not that amazing but like I said, I'm hoping she proves me wrong with her next video part.

Lil Ricky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #1111 on: September 03, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Dashboard Confessional is good and i will fight over it
[close]

Do you listen to them while updating your deadjournal?

Imagine wanting to fight everyone who doesn't like all the same things you do. Must be exhausting.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #1112 on: September 03, 2021, 02:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Imagine wanting to fight everyone who doesn't like all the same things you do. Must be exhausting.

Nah just you dork

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #1113 on: September 03, 2021, 02:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah just you dork

Well I don't wanna fight you. You're on my buddy list!

mushroom slice

« Reply #1114 on: September 03, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »
  Dorks

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1115 on: September 03, 2021, 03:13:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Imagine trying to pick on someone on an Internet forum.

We get it.  You have a crush on Dale.  He’s out of your league man. Chill.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #1116 on: September 03, 2021, 03:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Quit picking on me.

mushroom slice

« Reply #1117 on: September 03, 2021, 03:36:04 PM »
Lil Ricky just put them on “ignore”
Don’t even tell them.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #1118 on: September 03, 2021, 03:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Quit picking on me.

Give me your lunch money or I'm giving you a swirly

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1119 on: September 03, 2021, 05:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Quit picking on me.
[close]

Give me your lunch money or I'm giving you a swirly
My lady gets $25 a day for lunch, I guess I’ll take the swirly

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #1120 on: September 03, 2021, 05:41:21 PM »
Lil Ricky just put them on “ignore”
Don’t even tell them.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1121 on: September 03, 2021, 06:00:56 PM »

mushroom slice

« Reply #1122 on: September 03, 2021, 06:21:07 PM »
Real Talk

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #1123 on: September 03, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »
Not a fan of Breeana and don't think she deserves to go pro. The level of women's skating getting fairly high and she just isn't there.
A small percentage of me wants to be wrong and put an amazing part together for the next Chocolate video...

Gary called it on Skateline. Not sure what Girl was thinking with that going pro promo thing?
And yeah, the thrasher cover is an ok photo but the trick is not that amazing but like I said, I'm hoping she proves me wrong with her next video part.

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread, and you're entitled to yours, but I'm willing to bet you can't nose manny nollie tre out. - and isnt it a good thing that skateboarding isnt always about being the best?

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #1124 on: September 03, 2021, 06:36:21 PM »

mushroom slice

« Reply #1125 on: September 03, 2021, 06:46:39 PM »
Looking up at the sky is like looking into the center of a mandala. A giant sky flower. It’s so beautiful to look into. I wish I could see further. We are on the outside ring of reality. Lower then an ant hill. Hating on each other . Selfish pricks that think this is about us. It is about us. Not just you not just me. Us.

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #1126 on: September 03, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »
Looking up at the sky is like looking into the center of a mandala. A giant sky flower. It’s so beautiful to look into. I wish I could see further. We are on the outside ring of reality. Lower then an ant hill. Hating on each other . Selfish pricks that think this is about us. It is about us. Not just you not just me. Us.

The true nature of reality can never be understood by trend hopping dick riders who judge fellow men on the kind of clothes and shoes they wear, all while claiming tolerance. The material world is a farce.

conqueso

« Reply #1127 on: September 03, 2021, 06:54:07 PM »

mushroom slice

« Reply #1128 on: September 03, 2021, 06:57:35 PM »
Madalorian effect.
Many times I’ve cried
Rick your ok in my book.
I can’t believe this shit is real

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1130 on: September 03, 2021, 07:42:35 PM »
we need more gatekeeping.

Agree but also never ever gonna happen anymore. Kooks won, like REALLY. It's their world now. Fuck it, let them have this shit show.

The longer I'm in in this thing, the more second hand embarrassment cringe I feel for the ignorant clueless younger generation when I see them at a bland skatepark landing gross tricks and thinking they just invented sliced bread...all while filming for strangers on the interwebs hoping for those almighty fake forgettable likes. Go read a book you fucks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 07:51:28 PM by kilgoret »

mushroom slice

« Reply #1131 on: September 03, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
Let the kids do their thing homie. It’s just skateboarding. It’s not that Sirius. Never ever get no second hand cringe. For realS . Just let it be what it is for whoever actually skating. Let it be what is for you and leave it at that. Sometimes people can all be climbing up the same mountain but they never knew that the other homies was also climbing up that mountain on the other side of it. Out of view. just blazing a different path.

kilgoret

« Reply #1132 on: September 03, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »
Let the kids do their thing homie. It’s just skateboarding. It’s not that Sirius. Never ever get no second hand cringe. For realS . Just let it be what it is for whoever actually skating. Let it be what is for you and leave it at that. Sometimes people can all be climbing up the same mountain but they never knew that the other homies was also climbing up that mountain on the other side of it. Out of view. just blazing a different path.

As I respect your existential kumbaya statement friend, my rant was referring to the persons post about "gatekeeping".

You see, when you've been into this long enough, have added your own thing to this culture, affected people on your journey in your own way, then the whole script flips because of tech nerds, you can't but help not sit back and dissect it all. And in a sense, it IS that serious.

Skating in particular has always had a way of giving people a sense of entitlement, ignorant confidence, especially if you are good at doing tricks, way before this social media thing, but you add that fuel to the fire, I don't have to spell it out for you.

It is serious because we are social creatures and are pretty much forced to interact with these same individuals who actually believe in this delusional fake made up world...to a degree.

So yeah...pretty serious. But you are right, in the end, all the same path to death ;)

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1133 on: September 03, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »
We’re all just goofs playing with toys, marveling at people who can play with the toys way better than us.  Kids are always gonna be kids man.  They really aren’t any different than you or I would probably be if we had grown up when they did.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 11:03:38 AM by Loki700 »
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

kilgoret

« Reply #1134 on: September 03, 2021, 08:41:01 PM »
We’re all just goofs playing with toys, marveling at people how can play with the toys way better than us.  Kids are always gonna be kids man.  They really aren’t any different than you or I would probably be if we had grown up when they did.

You speak the truth, I would definitely be just like them, doing the same delusional shit if I was their age. Funny sad thing is, there are people our age, seeking that same fake approval everyday...so yeah, clearly, not just an age thing. But I get what you're saying buddy, stupid kids will always be kids.

mushroom slice

« Reply #1135 on: September 03, 2021, 08:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As I respect your existential kumbaya statement friend, my rant was referring to the persons post about "gatekeeping".

You see, when you've been into this long enough, have added your own thing to this culture, affected people on your journey in your own way, then the whole script flips because of tech nerds, you can't but help not sit back and dissect it all. And in a sense, it IS that serious.

Skating in particular has always had a way of giving people a sense of entitlement, ignorant confidence, especially if you are good at doing tricks, way before this social media thing, but you add that fuel to the fire, I don't have to spell it out for you.

It is serious because we are social creatures and are pretty much forced to interact with these same individuals who actually believe in this delusional fake made up world...to a degree.

So yeah...pretty serious. But you are right, in the end, all the same path to death ;)
Young homie
The longer you B in skateboarding
The more it b clear that it is a connection you can have with other people . Even if you think they dorks. Or kooks.
You share something with those dorks. Skateboarding is fun.  You both think so.
Gatekeepers and that mentality are for people that an jealous of other people having fun.
I like skateboarders.
I wish more people skated. Even when they are tech nerds or whatever.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1136 on: September 03, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The true nature of reality can never be understood by trend hopping dick riders who judge fellow men on the kind of clothes and shoes they wear, all while claiming tolerance. The material world is a farce.

U ever fs slash Tao ☯️

nothing's been the since same

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #1137 on: September 03, 2021, 11:04:35 PM »
Kooks are the antithesis to cool. One cannot be without the other.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #1138 on: September 04, 2021, 12:17:10 AM »
We’re all just goofs playing with toys, marveling at people how can play with the toys way better than us.  Kids are always gonna be kids man.  They really aren’t any different than you or I would probably be if we had grown up when they did.

you know, invariably someone says something like this, "skateboard is just a toy etc...". it's a common rhetorical trope calculated to give the impression that the person saying it is too cool/too detached to take skateboarding seriously. but i think that if you really think in that way, it's belittling and disrespectful to people who are truly passionate about skating.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #1139 on: September 04, 2021, 01:30:08 AM »
Jerry Hsu has shit style. The music in his bos part is what made him seem more appealing than he actually is. Watch his old parts, knocked knee and gross looking.

Oh wow now that’s an unpopular opinion. Good on you man, speak your truth