Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188371 times)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #600 on: February 08, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »
LRAB will dominate when the drop a cupsole!

We need a beefed up version of any of their current models on a cupsole

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #601 on: February 09, 2022, 12:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was pretty ready to just wear those 3-3-20 shoes for the rest of time. In my head it was on a campus like cupsole but maybe not. I'd still wear them as vulc tho

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #602 on: February 09, 2022, 03:01:55 AM »
I do get the points about the lack of protection or beef to them, but it really depends on the skating I suppose. I'm skating park and curbs mainly.

I'm not jumping down huge gaps and they've been great for me so far, actually compared to a vans pro era for example they seem more solid and better for my feet (I may regret that in a few years but so far so good).

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #603 on: February 09, 2022, 04:08:13 AM »
One day after release, I sold the 3 pairs of VM003 in less than an hour, but I think it was just coincidence.They are very attractive to non-skater tourists who come by the shop.

Had a pair of both canvas and suede VM001, the shoes are great but no breathability at all. Managed to rip the canvas one only doing wallies and pole jams.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #604 on: February 09, 2022, 06:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #605 on: February 09, 2022, 08:18:57 AM »
If more people could post pics that would be great. I know what they look like I just wanna see how people rock them. Sorry if I’m being dumb

I have 2 pairs of the VM001 lows and 1 pair of the highs. My primary skate shoes are the lows right now and the second pair is just for chilling. To me they go with everything, but look best with jeans.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #606 on: February 09, 2022, 09:19:58 AM »
I put a vans popcush in them and if LR can just make a comparable insole that is more form fitting to the shoe, I'd be very happy.

Argyle

« Reply #607 on: February 09, 2022, 11:34:30 AM »
Expand Quote
If more people could post pics that would be great. I know what they look like I just wanna see how people rock them. Sorry if I’m being dumb
[close]

I have 2 pairs of the VM001 lows and 1 pair of the highs. My primary skate shoes are the lows right now and the second pair is just for chilling. To me they go with everything, but look best with jeans.

Been debating on the orange vm001s but this pic sealed it. Need to buy!

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #608 on: February 09, 2022, 11:56:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Been debating on the orange vm001s but this pic sealed it. Need to buy!

I get compliments on them pretty regularly. I was a little iffy when buying them, but now I don't even want to skate them, just going to be every day shoes.

FROTHY

« Reply #609 on: February 09, 2022, 12:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

A tastefully restrained cupsole with no logos would have me squirtin

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #610 on: February 10, 2022, 03:36:19 PM »
anyone know if the laces that come with the V002 lows are the same ones that come with the highs? that seems to be the explanation i have been able to come up with to explain why the laces are so damn long. sized down .5, wouldn't say i tie them specificially tight, and the loops tuck safely into the non-crossed lace closest to the toe.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #611 on: February 11, 2022, 01:21:27 PM »
When in the fuck is the new drop coming to the U.S.? Anyone know?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #612 on: February 14, 2022, 01:48:54 PM »
I just picked up 2 pairs off the KCDC skateshop sale. Sizes are running low but they have VM001 and VM002s, half off and free shipping.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2022, 03:58:43 PM »
just saw that drop six is hitting europe tomorrow and the us is still waiting on drop 5. all these delays might be the reason i don't keep wearing LRs if they keep wearing out as fast as they do.

noahch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #614 on: February 17, 2022, 05:43:53 PM »

If you're eager, End Clothing currently has some of the fifth drop + free worldwide shipping over $60 USD (https://www.endclothing.com/us/brands/last-resort-ab?page=1). Only downside is that there are no half sizes.

Argyle

« Reply #615 on: February 18, 2022, 06:18:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
just saw that drop six is hitting europe tomorrow and the us is still waiting on drop 5. all these delays might be the reason i don't keep wearing LRs if they keep wearing out as fast as they do.

Will agree the soles wear quickly for sure. Blasted through a couple pairs of VM002s and have one pair, plus the high VM001s left.

The black leather pair though are looking a definite buy!

treeebark

• Rep: 10
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2022, 11:28:02 AM »
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in cause I deliberated for a while on sizing etc. I am an 11.5 in Blazers and Vans, and 11 in CTAs, so I went with 11.5 in the canvas joints (VM001 Highs) from what I read here on them being a little more true-to-size. I found that to be somewhat true, but they're still too big to skate for me (I have a pretty narrow foot).

I grabbed a pair of VM001 Lows in suede in an 11 and they fit absolutely perfect. If I was going to skate the canvas I would definitely size down to 11 personally.

For the insole situation — they're definitely super thin in the forefoot and to me they felt kind of 'dead' with no rebound or response that you get from a Vans pop cush or even the thin insole in a Blazer or CTAs. I didn't hate it, but after primo'ing a few times I figured I'd try some other insoles out. I found it to be super easy to rip the stock ones out, only left a little bit of residue on the heel (see below). After trying a few diff options I had laying around (Vans popcush, superfeet, Blazers, and CTAs), I found the Cons CX insole to be a perfect match for the LRABs.

The insoles with a higher stack in the heel (Vans Popcush) kind of pushed my heel out of the shoe and caused it to slip, so the flat insole of the Cons CTAs fit the shoe much better. I had to trim the very tips of them a little bit as the Cons insole is a little pointier than the LRAB.

Anyways, TLDR is in my experience size down .5 size for both canvas and suede, and replacing the insole was super easy but a flat insole works best (Cons).

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2022, 12:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're eager, End Clothing currently has some of the fifth drop + free worldwide shipping over $60 USD (https://www.endclothing.com/us/brands/last-resort-ab?page=1). Only downside is that there are no half sizes.
I got nailed so hard by customs when I ordered some clothes from END like three years ago. Keeping all clothing purchases within NA now...

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #618 on: February 18, 2022, 01:02:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #619 on: February 18, 2022, 06:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I got nailed so hard by customs when I ordered some clothes from END like three years ago. Keeping all clothing purchases within NA now...
Weird, I actually order from End quite often and have never had an issue with import taxes. Biggest problem with ordering from them is that you essentially can’t do any returns.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #620 on: February 18, 2022, 07:17:32 PM »
Skating some high tops now and they feel like skating in comfy boots
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Jacorpes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #621 on: February 21, 2022, 12:40:01 AM »
Does anybody have any info on how long the rubber-backed canvas lasts? I'm going to start skating my VM003s soon and I usually shoe-goo canvas shoes before skating, but if the rubber underlays hold up longer than the sole I'd rather just skate them as they are and let them get holey.

My last few suede pairs have lasted me around 65 hours of skating until my toe is hanging out the bottom and the suede has always held up fine, so if the canvas is even half as good I'm happy.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #622 on: February 21, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
Does anybody have any info on how long the rubber-backed canvas lasts? I'm going to start skating my VM003s soon and I usually shoe-goo canvas shoes before skating, but if the rubber underlays hold up longer than the sole I'd rather just skate them as they are and let them get holey.

My last few suede pairs have lasted me around 65 hours of skating until my toe is hanging out the bottom and the suede has always held up fine, so if the canvas is even half as good I'm happy.

I have the VM001 canvas highs and I got an ollie hole in the canvas within my first hour of skating them, but so far it’s holding up ok. Normally I would shoe goo them but I didn’t know about the sizing differences and they aren’t nearly as comfortable as my suede pairs. I’m just skating them and not trying to make them last.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2022, 05:21:02 PM »

Developing a bit of a problem. I still need a pair of VM001 Suede Highs...

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2022, 08:10:20 PM »

The dark green canvas highs look great.  I meant to buy those at one point

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2022, 06:55:29 PM »

my favorite part about these shoes are the colors. I think the bold ones look the best.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2022, 06:16:29 AM »

Niceeeee. I had the VM001 dark blue with black sole suede highs and I fucking loved those kicks.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

guppy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2022, 08:49:21 AM »
what are the pro's of the canvas? always thought suede would just be a stronger material

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2022, 09:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my favorite part about these shoes are the colors. I think the bold ones look the best.

The Cheddars get compliments almost every time I wear them. They were the first pair I bought and I never ended up skating them because they look so good.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2022, 09:08:44 AM »
what are the pro's of the canvas? always thought suede would just be a stronger material

Tbh, I prefer the suede and probably won't buy another canvas pair (at least in the VM001). The suede is way more durable and the fit is better for my feet. The Canvas are nice but they look really similar to Converse and rip pretty quickly.

I'm still considering the VM003s but waiting for more people to get their hands on them