Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188412 times)

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1020 on: August 26, 2022, 02:39:47 PM »
*insert slamming money on counter gif

And yeah, Big hopes for a mid or high. Bigger hopes for a mid or high in cream/off white suede with gum sole.

I dm'ed pontus (as men are said to do) when this was posted on IG and he said no plans for a high cup just yet.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1021 on: August 26, 2022, 05:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
*insert slamming money on counter gif

And yeah, Big hopes for a mid or high. Bigger hopes for a mid or high in cream/off white suede with gum sole.
[close]

I dm'ed pontus (as men are said to do) when this was posted on IG and he said no plans for a high cup just yet.

For some reason I think I read that they weren’t ever doing a gum sole. Hopefully not the case.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1022 on: August 26, 2022, 05:07:03 PM »
i get payed tomorrow and i think i'm gonna get a pair of canvas shoes just to chill in.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1023 on: August 26, 2022, 06:22:32 PM »
i get payed tomorrow and i think i'm gonna get a pair of canvas shoes just to chill in.

That's funny, I got a bonus today and I also thought about getting another pair of canvas His

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #1024 on: August 26, 2022, 07:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's funny, I got a bonus today and I also thought about getting another pair of canvas His

Posted in another thread about being interested in the Puig indoors and I feel guilty like I’m cheating on the canvas hi’s.  I wish there were a few more colorways floating around now to choose from…

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1025 on: August 26, 2022, 07:14:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Posted in another thread about being interested in the Puig indoors and I feel guilty like I’m cheating on the canvas hi’s.  I wish there were a few more colorways floating around now to choose from…

I do like the puigs though. I also just bought a pair of non LRABs to skate in and i felt similarly

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #1026 on: August 26, 2022, 08:03:33 PM »
does anyone know if those aligator/snakeskin lookin last resorts fit tighter than the suede models? was thinking about buying a pair online and not sure if they fit bigger or smaller than normal.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1027 on: August 27, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »
got the vm001 his in black canvas today. wore them on my way home. they feel pretty good. insoles are pretty comfy, they are kind of stiff tho, but they are also new. so i guess that will wear out. i love how they look. one of the prettiest shoes i own. these probably won't be skated, i bought them to have one pair of simple black shoes as chillers that aren't trashed. i might buy in for a pair strictly for skating when they come with the new insoles or when the cup models have come out. went tts.

Drawcula

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1028 on: August 27, 2022, 12:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
drop 10 will have the new insole and the Milic shoe.
[close]

Can't wait for the Milic shoe

Saw Chris wearing his shoe... It's a simple silhouette like the rest of the line. The toe is similar to a Gazelle. As seen in a recent clip, there is a peach-ish pink suede with gum sole. Really dope.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1029 on: August 27, 2022, 09:44:19 PM »
The quality is really nothing to write home about. I've worn mine about three times, just walking, and the foxing is already splitting down the side in one spot and seperating from the canvas.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1030 on: August 27, 2022, 10:05:46 PM »
The quality is really nothing to write home about. I've worn mine about three times, just walking, and the foxing is already splitting down the side in one spot and seperating from the canvas.

That’s a bummer. Hasn’t been my experience though.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #1031 on: August 27, 2022, 10:06:32 PM »
is the CM001 in the next drop?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1032 on: September 02, 2022, 02:42:56 PM »
Chris Milic was wearing an orange/gum colorway during the CCS car wash gap contest.

They look great, I really want the VM03 in White/gum

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1033 on: September 02, 2022, 08:11:10 PM »
Need a dark brown suede vm001 high with a black sole PRONTO
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #1034 on: September 02, 2022, 09:45:35 PM »
Chris Milic was wearing an orange/gum colorway during the CCS car wash gap contest.

They look great, I really want the VM03 in White/gum
Need to come with orange or tan laces.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1035 on: September 04, 2022, 11:11:20 AM »
alright i got a pair of the vm001 high's in old red and went half size down and them shits are pretty tight. did they fix the whole half size business or do these things just break in good? someone please enlighten me
good come sausage

FROTHY

« Reply #1036 on: September 04, 2022, 06:47:36 PM »
alright i got a pair of the vm001 high's in old red and went half size down and them shits are pretty tight. did they fix the whole half size business or do these things just break in good? someone please enlighten me

My vmoo1s have run the same. I’d say your best bet is to loosen them up by counteracting the low electromagnetic frequency of the red colored suede by sprinkling them with freshly cracked geode dust.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1037 on: September 04, 2022, 06:56:12 PM »

Retiring a pair of VM001 suedes. Sole is almost completely worn through, zero grip left. Was skating a particularly slick park the other day and it was like pushing on ice. Luckily I have another 4 pairs on deck.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1038 on: September 05, 2022, 06:03:46 AM »

Retiring a pair of VM001 suedes. Sole is almost completely worn through, zero grip left. Was skating a particularly slick park the other day and it was like pushing on ice. Luckily I have another 4 pairs on deck.

this tbh seems the only downside to them, soles are looking like that after 2/3 weeks depending on how much you'll skate.

But for the rest, best shoes so far. I've ended up getting 3 pairs of the VM001 Hi while waiting to trying the 003 HI.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1039 on: September 05, 2022, 06:07:33 AM »

totally different experience for me. although mine already look pretty dirty from work. the shiny coating on the outsole is flaking off kind of weird, but looks normal underneath. no foxing splits yet. i've skated them once out of curiosity, but you can't really see that.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1040 on: September 05, 2022, 06:53:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this tbh seems the only downside to them, soles are looking like that after 2/3 weeks depending on how much you'll skate.

But for the rest, best shoes so far. I've ended up getting 3 pairs of the VM001 Hi while waiting to trying the 003 HI.

My soles definitely don’t go that quickly, but they wear well before the rest of the shoe, especially the suede. I haven’t torn a toe or anything before the soles been worn pretty bare. I got a ton of life out of these though and my ollie hole actually went all the way through the suede

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #1041 on: September 05, 2022, 07:21:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

totally different experience for me. although mine already look pretty dirty from work. the shiny coating on the outsole is flaking off kind of weird, but looks normal underneath. no foxing splits yet. i've skated them once out of curiosity, but you can't really see that.

It happened to a pair from the 2nd or 3rd run, it was actually sick for me, bc as I was skating more and getting them dirty, the outsole would flake and give me a nice new layer.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #1042 on: September 05, 2022, 10:55:28 AM »
Anyone know the extent of what’s included in Drop 8?

Is this the VM003 canvas hi’s and/or the cupsole?

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1043 on: September 05, 2022, 10:44:32 PM »

I think these ones

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1044 on: September 06, 2022, 12:38:45 AM »
003 is my fav so glad they are rolling those out strong

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1045 on: September 06, 2022, 12:38:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My soles definitely don’t go that quickly, but they wear well before the rest of the shoe, especially the suede. I haven’t torn a toe or anything before the soles been worn pretty bare. I got a ton of life out of these though and my ollie hole actually went all the way through the suede

Word is the outsole compound is getting updated for future drops. Will still be grippy but firmer so it is longer lasting.

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1046 on: September 06, 2022, 02:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think these ones

Hoping those Brown hi-tops come in a low version, really nice colourway! Looking for my first pair to try, I fit a UK8/US9 in Vans/Nike SB - should I stick to this size?

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1047 on: September 06, 2022, 02:08:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I think these ones

[close]

Hoping those Brown hi-tops come in a low version, really nice colourway! Looking for my first pair to try, I fit a UK8/US9 in Vans/Nike SB - should I stick to this size?

TTS for canvas and half size down for suede has worked for me pretty well.

adi518

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1048 on: September 13, 2022, 12:34:43 PM »
I just got a VM001, shoe looks amazing. Unfortunately, the left one feels weird at the ankle, like it's a bit loose and scratchy (initially tried a 9, but it was a tad tight, so went with 9.5). I had this issue with Vans as well. I compared left to right and noticed the left one has the white patch a bit lower than the right one, which I think is the culprit. I'm going to check with the local shop for a replacement, but I'm wondering, maybe there's an easy fix for it? shoes are great other than that.

FROTHY

« Reply #1049 on: September 14, 2022, 08:34:28 AM »
I just got a VM001, shoe looks amazing. Unfortunately, the left one feels weird at the ankle, like it's a bit loose and scratchy (initially tried a 9, but it was a tad tight, so went with 9.5). I had this issue with Vans as well. I compared left to right and noticed the left one has the white patch a bit lower than the right one, which I think is the culprit. I'm going to check with the local shop for a replacement, but I'm wondering, maybe there's an easy fix for it? shoes are great other than that.
No magical cures besides the fact that LRABs break-in and stretch pretty significantly, so you might work it out. If it's an obvious construction flaw, and you're not just in denial about your differently sized feet, then hit up keen.