Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188403 times)

Jacorpes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1080 on: September 30, 2022, 03:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Whot, I'm in
[close]

This would make a great Ludvig pro model
[close]

I kind of fuck with these. It's a good take on skateble slip-on but my absolute pet peeve is seeing glue stains. It instantly makes them look really cheap

I was thinking the same about the glue stains, but it also kind of looks like it could be on a VM002 sole and the light is just reflecting off the edges weirdly. I just find it hilarious that Pontus keeps saying that he'll never make a slip-on and then posts a picture of this thing. I love slip-ons so I'd probably get these just to see how they skate.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #1081 on: September 30, 2022, 03:35:25 AM »
While loafers are whatevs it is one step closer to an ipath cat which I see as a positive. Combine it with their cupsole and we're starting to get somewhere.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1082 on: September 30, 2022, 06:58:23 AM »
I'm hoping those loafers are just a one-off for Pontus to wear to orgies as no company ever needs to make a skate loafer ever again please.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2022, 08:15:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm hoping those loafers are just a one-off for Pontus to wear to orgies as no company ever needs to make a skate loafer ever again please.
[close]

They should add Greco to the team and make this his pro model.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #1084 on: September 30, 2022, 08:20:02 AM »
They don’t really go well with big boys…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #1085 on: September 30, 2022, 10:05:18 AM »
They don’t really go well with big boys…
2023 things are gonna get weird

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1086 on: September 30, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They should add Greco to the team and make this his pro model.

If that were the case then I approve it completely.

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1087 on: September 30, 2022, 11:34:00 PM »
This has probably been asked/answered but do we know if the VM003s fit like the 001s? I normally wear 11.5 in Vans and such, but size down to 11 in LRAB and Cons vulc models thus far.

vm001 size is same as 003 size

Chronic85

« Reply #1088 on: October 01, 2022, 06:29:15 AM »
Got both versions of the Canvas 003 his (black and white).
Went tts on them, both too big...
So for me its half size down no matter the material.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1089 on: October 01, 2022, 09:11:55 AM »

For me canvas is TTS and suede is half size down.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1090 on: October 01, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For me canvas is TTS and suede is half size down.

My experience has been that canvas VM001 are true to size, but the canvas VM003 is half size down

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1091 on: October 03, 2022, 07:45:01 AM »
Walked a couple of miles in my VM003s yesterday, finding they dig into the top of my big toe on both sides when the shoe flexes, no matter how I fuss with the laces. I've had like 10 pairs of VM001s with no problems. Is anyone else experiencing this?

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1092 on: October 03, 2022, 08:43:42 AM »
Hello, quick one. Canvas VM001s highs on sale online, should i go same size as i wear in Cons canvas chucks (1/2 size down to vans)?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1093 on: October 03, 2022, 09:34:01 AM »
Hello, quick one. Canvas VM001s highs on sale online, should i go same size as i wear in Cons canvas chucks (1/2 size down to vans)?

No, I would recommend going with your vans size. The Canvas VM001s run smaller than the rest of the LRAB lineup

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1094 on: October 03, 2022, 11:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No, I would recommend going with your vans size. The Canvas VM001s run smaller than the rest of the LRAB lineup

as a lrab vm001 hi haver i second this suggestion. go tts/vans size.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1095 on: October 03, 2022, 01:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

as a lrab vm001 hi haver i second this suggestion. go tts/vans size.

Thanks going TTS

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1096 on: October 03, 2022, 02:30:12 PM »
Walked a couple of miles in my VM003s yesterday, finding they dig into the top of my big toe on both sides when the shoe flexes, no matter how I fuss with the laces. I've had like 10 pairs of VM001s with no problems. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Pushed through today and they're more or less broken in now. Just wanted to share my experience lol.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1097 on: October 03, 2022, 05:13:05 PM »
Hey, what does the “AB” stand for?

Sorry, I’m sure it’s already been covered.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1098 on: October 03, 2022, 05:22:15 PM »
Hey, what does the “AB” stand for?

Sorry, I’m sure it’s already been covered.

AB is the swedish version of corporation. Like GMBH in Germany or LLC in America.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #1099 on: October 03, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
As someone who just ordered the VM003 canvas hi’s TTS, I feel like I just set myself up for failure based on these recent responses

Jacorpes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1100 on: October 04, 2022, 12:23:34 AM »
As someone who just ordered the VM003 canvas hi’s TTS, I feel like I just set myself up for failure based on these recent responses

I always get them tts and I think the fit is fine so I think there's a lot of personal preference involved. They feel like they might be too big out the box, but after they break in they feel only slightly more roomy than vans and skate great in my opinion.

I just got the VM003 Canvas Hi too and the updated insole definitely feels a little more firm, but my bet is on most people still ripping it out. I'm going to put a few hours into them this weekend to see if the insole update is a placebo or not.

Chronic85

« Reply #1101 on: October 04, 2022, 12:56:04 AM »

Maybe youre the lucky one but im pretty sure youll be disappointed.
They were so roomy in the front that i wouldve lost my flick and could hide a little session bag of weed in front of my toes.
And no the fit is definitely not fine. All those "Canvas tts" maybe true for the 001 but definitely not the 003.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1102 on: October 04, 2022, 03:16:29 AM »
My canvas vm003's fit fine but needed to be re-laced slightly tighter when they were brand new

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1103 on: October 04, 2022, 05:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe youre the lucky one but im pretty sure youll be disappointed.
They were so roomy in the front that i wouldve lost my flick and could hide a little session bag of weed in front of my toes.
And no the fit is definitely not fine. All those "Canvas tts" maybe true for the 001 but definitely not the 003.

I had to go half size down on both and they’re still no exactly hugging my feet even though they really are too narrow ( but doable) for me. The sole seems to be true to size as it is shorter than all my other shoes. I think it’s the complete lack of padding and any support structure, the narrow toe box and wide ankle opening that make these shoes fit so strange for a lot people.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1104 on: October 04, 2022, 08:05:04 AM »
Why do these shoes feel so good on foot I don’t get it. They feel so much more cozy than cons and vans

diplodocus

• Rep: 162
  • long neck
« Reply #1105 on: October 04, 2022, 08:37:44 AM »
Why do these shoes feel so good on foot I don’t get it. They feel so much more cozy than cons and vans

Better quality. I think it’s because they are producing shoes in smaller volumes compared to the big corporate shoes, so each unit gets a lil bit more attention in production. They can also probably roll out changes in product quicker than a vans or cons. Better materials too.

Also I just have to say that Vans quality is just utter mass produced trash. If my sole and sidewall separate on the shoe, that is just bad quality. It’s happened on almost all the Vans i’ve owned. Mass produced crap.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1106 on: October 07, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Better quality. I think it’s because they are producing shoes in smaller volumes compared to the big corporate shoes, so each unit gets a lil bit more attention in production. They can also probably roll out changes in product quicker than a vans or cons. Better materials too.

Also I just have to say that Vans quality is just utter mass produced trash. If my sole and sidewall separate on the shoe, that is just bad quality. It’s happened on almost all the Vans i’ve owned. Mass produced crap.
For me it's the fit along the inside arch of the sidewalls. I remember a pontus interview when the shoes rolled out and he made a point of saying that he wanted a vulc that didn't bag out in that area (the "potato" portion of the foot he called it). Most thinner shoes I've had always bag out there and leave the foot pretty unstable over time.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #1107 on: October 13, 2022, 08:04:38 AM »

Update on my VM003 saga:  the shop I ordered them from was able to switch them out for half a size smaller before they shipped them (shoutout Holistic) and I’ve been skating them for the past few days.  The VM003 canvas hi’s are great.  They somehow have even less break-in period than the VM001 canvas hi’s (my previous favorite Last Resorts) and the slightly wider toebox eliminates my pinky toes bleeding for the first couple days of skating them. 

oak leaf

• Rep: 58
« Reply #1108 on: October 13, 2022, 08:52:11 AM »
i wear us13 most of the time. 12 in cons.

i went 13s on vm001 canvas on the first drop and never liked the fit. just got 12s in vm001 canvas and they fit amazing out the box. everyones feet are different but i hope this helps someone  :)

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1109 on: October 13, 2022, 09:16:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Update on my VM003 saga:  the shop I ordered them from was able to switch them out for half a size smaller before they shipped them (shoutout Holistic) and I’ve been skating them for the past few days.  The VM003 canvas hi’s are great.  They somehow have even less break-in period than the VM001 canvas hi’s (my previous favorite Last Resorts) and the slightly wider toebox eliminates my pinky toes bleeding for the first couple days of skating them.

I just started skating my VM003 lows and aside from immediately ollieing through the rubber underlay, they feel great. I did switch out the insole and I did a pretty major shoe goo patch over my ollie hole but I'm hopeful they'll last a while. I had a similar experience on my VM001 canvas highs where they took a while to break in (and I bought my suede size so they were a bit snug), but they lasted forever. Had a similar ollie hole on those but once shoe goo'd it held up really well.