Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66365 times)

vicious cycle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 166
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1800 on: January 29, 2024, 11:59:34 AM »
First time in years I had headphones on while skating.
I got a really bad tinnitus atm. I needed something slow, deep low bass, chilled out. So I skated to Dub Techno..
I just carved the Bowl and tried to hold my 50s for longer. All with a little bit more speed then usual.
I had a blast.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

mfweeno

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1801 on: January 29, 2024, 12:32:49 PM »
First time in years I had headphones on while skating.
I got a really bad tinnitus atm. I needed something slow, deep low bass, chilled out. So I skated to Dub Techno..
I just carved the Bowl and tried to hold my 50s for longer. All with a little bit more speed then usual.
I had a blast.
Bowl skating to dub techno sounds sick!

Last skate sesh was two Saturdays ago. Landed a couple of nollie pop shuvs over a bump to traffic barricade while one of my old skate lesson students worked on ollies over a smaller one. It was fun giving each other pointers and keeping the stoke going. I've never really done a nollie trick over anything either - personal NBD achieved.

My knee was pretty jacked after that session, so I've been off the board recovering and doing whatever non-triggering exercise I can to keep things moving. Hoping to get back on the board this Saturday, fingers crossed.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1802 on: February 01, 2024, 11:18:06 AM »
yesterday, I was as at the local doing my thing and this dude moseys his way into the park and sits on the noping hip I love. Didn't care about that, as I was skating whatever else anyway.

What was strange, is the guy was clearly watching and knew something about skating, as he would acknowledge when I landed a trick. However, he would speak quietly out of the side of his mouth, and not look at me when he spoke. I faintly heard things like "yeah yeah, caught that one" or "this guy is blazing rn..." but all while looking around like he's in the Sistine Chapel. I tried to say thanks or something like that, but he didn't even engage me when I spoke directly. Weird, but whatever...

I got my few tricks and went to the shop nearby to say what's up and that. I went back to the park maybe 45 min later, and dude is still there. Same spot, doing the same halfway compliment/stoke but didn't "emote" even once.

My younger friend who completely rips and gets better everyday shows up and starts shitting on the euro (360 flip, BS flip, shuv-heel, bigflip, etc..). He gets to trying cab flip, kinda getting close but not really, and the loiterer tries to give him advice like "you need to focus on your ollie before trying that" or absently "this kid needs to work on his basics"

Confirmed in my mind he was a fucking kook and left
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #1803 on: February 18, 2024, 11:06:31 AM »
^ Haha wow.  Sounds like he was Slap posting but irl.

It’s currently 12*F here, but I’ve been dying to get out so I tried to skate flat for a few minutes.  I’ve never seriously tried to learn 3 flips but I really want to get them this year.  People make them look so easy in footage/trick tips… but I fear I’m in for a long, gruelling, frustrating journey. 

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1804 on: February 22, 2024, 11:20:39 AM »
I had too much weight in the back seat, and I slipped out trying to back 50 this micro down ledge. Apparently I forgot how to use my arms to save my face...

Ended up bashing my chin on the ground, and split that soft skin under my jaw pretty wide, stitches were considered. Used a sani-pad and band-aids instead.

That was a couple days ago, seems that it's healed itself together decent. Currently forming a thick fucking scab thats itchy af.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

wilog

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1805 on: February 22, 2024, 11:27:06 AM »
I went to this parking garage at 1 am to do some mannys and shit and i found this cool gap over wall to ledge and tried to front tail fakie that for a while but its hard to slide the front tail when dropping down from that much higher that the ledge, i kept trying until i heard these homeless people yelling and throwing shit and i could hear them getting closer and i was kind of cornered if they stepped to me so i just left because i was scared. I then went to get a mc chicken from the McDonald's beside the garage and then on my way back found this little out ledge that looked like it skated pretty well but it didnt, every time i hit it little chunks came out and it didnt grind at all. I got a little shitty back 5-0 jib and then smoked weed and walked around a bit looking at some classic downtown spots that were covered in snow and then went home at like 3am

Banned from the room

« Reply #1806 on: February 22, 2024, 02:25:49 PM »
I just went to the diy. On the way back I bombed the double hill. It was just paved. I think I could get a trick in if I had a filmer

Couple Pharmaceutical

• Rep: -40
  • "I can't feel at home in this world anymore"
« Reply #1807 on: February 23, 2024, 12:05:26 AM »
I can't even remember, I'm 34 now and life is so hectic I can barely find the time to rest let alone skate. Working as a teacher's a demanding job so is raising a family. I miss being able to tune every negative thought to land a trick at the park, it was an amazing feeling. But, I never get to step on a board again I would be happy with what it's given me and how it shaped my personality .

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1808 on: February 23, 2024, 02:22:01 AM »
It was on Wednesday, express session after work. 40 min, got sweaty and enjoyed it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Haze

« Reply #1809 on: February 23, 2024, 08:45:43 AM »
It was a rainy one today so I went to the local underground spot. Nice n dry so I start warming up - well I wasn’t the only one:

2 bums were there and they were DOING each other!

And one of em’ yelled at ME for skating!

They said “Get outta here you ****ing skateboarding LOSER! Can’t you see we’re having a GOOD TIME?!?”

“I’m sorry!”  I said.

But then one started getting up and the pants was down and looked like it was gonna get crazy!

So I grabbed my board and flung it at the bum that was dom’ing the sub-bum.
NO intention of causing physical harm!
just wanted em to chill the **** out!

Got outta there but now I’m down a skateboard.

F**k…

Had favorite trucks, brand new Dragons AND Swiss on that bitch!

Won’t think about getting a rain-session there ever again!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 06:37:04 AM by Haze »

Mn_Mike

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1810 on: February 23, 2024, 11:40:55 AM »
Just pushed around the neighborhood, skated this set of stairs, this weird ledge thing and bombed a big hill by my house. First time I've skated in months. Winter sucks.

Can he read

« Reply #1811 on: February 23, 2024, 12:00:27 PM »
Showed up to a lit up parking garage curb/manny pad with the smoothest ground I’ve ever skated outside of a skatepark. There were two younger dudes there already. I said whatsup and started cruising around. One was trying to kickflip over a cone off of the curb and the other one was hunched over his phone playing trap music and ignoring the world around him. I tried to stay out of cone kids way and just did flatground and some slappies on the parking blocks. Younger dudes took off and then I spent an hour and a half trying to learn front 180 fakie manuals. Got close a handful of times but now my body hurts from tossing myself at the same trick for so long. Did land a switch heel though so that’s always nice.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1812 on: February 23, 2024, 05:27:11 PM »
After work session was ok. Did a few slappies & some shuvs, 180s and struggled to land a few kickflips. I been wanting to work on harder tricks and learn something new but I’ve been having to cut my recent sessions short due to some creeping back pain. My body has been feeling completely off lately. All the basics & just popping onto a ledge are suddenly a huge struggle. Hoping next session goes better, probably need to fix my sleeping schedule or something.

LeDave

• Rep: 30
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #1813 on: February 23, 2024, 06:10:00 PM »
I can't even remember, I'm 34 now and life is so hectic I can barely find the time to rest let alone skate. Working as a teacher's a demanding job so is raising a family. I miss being able to tune every negative thought to land a trick at the park, it was an amazing feeling. But, I never get to step on a board again I would be happy with what it's given me and how it shaped my personality .

I'm sorry about this, I am also 34 and I am kind of enjoying life right now.

Just pushed around the neighborhood, skated this set of stairs, this weird ledge thing and bombed a big hill by my house. First time I've skated in months. Winter sucks.

Minnesota, right?

To reply to the thread,

Last skate session wasn't really one, it was actually at the store with first intentions of buying new shoes. However when I saw this DGK deck, I had no choice but to buy that instead. I will have to buy shoes next week when I get paid.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #1814 on: February 24, 2024, 01:43:51 PM »
Got my first session in February today. Life has been really busy with work (I took pto Monday and still managed to work 48 hours by friday), central New Jersey weather, spending time with my wife and daughter (honestly this is all I ever want to do), laziness, excuses, bad hair days, doing stuff to prep for my sisters upcoming wedding next month (which I’m happy and stoked for), pimples and being drunk, so it’s been hard to get out there.

I grabbed my little box from the furnace room of the house where our old apartment was and got a little flat box session and it was fun.

First time skating the 18 east half cab. Did all the shoves to warm up. First try kicky, 360 flip, and nollie flip. Then skated the box a little.

I made a few New Year’s resolutions. One was to cook more for my family instead of my wife doing almost all the cooking and that’s been going well and really fun. The other was learn a new trick each month of 2024. Did another cop out since I don’t know the next time I’ll skate in feb. Tried frontside half cab noseslide (so switch version of nollie back tail to fakie). I went up to the box slow just to see how it felt and I did it first try. I ended up doing a bunch of them and they felt good. Filmed one for my group chat (which is just two of my best friends. I’m 33) and realized it looks just like a front half cab were I dink my little ass box with my nose. Whatever, I’m rolling away.

Both new tricks I picked this year were only cause I skated 1-2 times that month and I just needed to do something I didn’t feel like trying before. January frontside half cab heel (I used to do Rick flips in high school so I thought it would be easy) and frontside half cab noseslide. Hopefully I do something I really wanted to learn in March and not some frontside half cab cop out. Either way was super fun to skate and I’ll always love it.

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #1815 on: February 24, 2024, 02:30:36 PM »
Local was closed due to maintenance, so I went to the curbs. Did some slappies, frontside and bs 5050s, couple slap crooks, and rolled outta there happy.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #1816 on: February 24, 2024, 02:48:30 PM »
bled

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1817 on: February 25, 2024, 08:20:03 PM »
Was cut short. Some nutjob tried to run up on me. I was skating my favorite curb spot. It's close by and I rub bricked and sauced it myself, to taste.

This guy passes by on the sidewalk but he was looking me the whole time, a very telling sign. Something was going to happen I could feel it. I was watching him out of the corner of my eye, I skated back around to get my little shoulder bag I had off to the side, and this guy actually double backs and cuts through the bushes and is heading right towards me. I got out of there in a flash. I'm sneaky like a cat.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #1818 on: February 26, 2024, 12:35:55 PM »
First session with almost no knee pain after months. No matter the tricks I landed, it was pretty glorious.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1819 on: February 26, 2024, 12:51:20 PM »
First session with almost no knee pain after months. No matter the tricks I landed, it was pretty glorious.

Fuck yeah! I started a new job back in august and taking the stairs everyday really fixed my knees up that were feeling weak.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1820 on: February 27, 2024, 12:33:33 AM »
Just went for a 3am skate. I realized why I suck at filming myself. It's because it's impossible to capture my type of skatan like that. A stationary camera drop is not going to catch my soul.

The coolness in me is like the coolness of Jahmal or of Rick or whatever. It's about the point a to point be and how you get there.

I'm fuckin dancing in the streets like jagger and Bowie. All old.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #1821 on: February 27, 2024, 12:42:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck yeah! I started a new job back in august and taking the stairs everyday really fixed my knees up that were feeling weak.

Taking stairs instead of escalators definitely helps gaining some strength. Its those small things sometimes, glad it has helped you  :)

ralf_

• Rep: -31
  • yo
« Reply #1822 on: February 27, 2024, 02:28:21 AM »
got beat up by what i assume is my favorite mini ramp (not so sure anymore)
just one more person skating it with me so no time to rest, slams, swellbow, slip outs, tail chipped, sore muscles three days later.
fun fun fun

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1273
« Reply #1823 on: February 27, 2024, 05:41:40 AM »
couple of oooohs a few ahhs and slipped in one or two oofs

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1824 on: February 27, 2024, 07:02:02 AM »
all this nyc dudes look the same to me

Im old and bitter

savagesavs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1825 on: February 27, 2024, 01:24:17 PM »
Skated the new skatepark near my house, was finally "nice" out in nyc. Was super discouraged at first, bummed on imminent ankle pain and my new board being a tad longer than I would prefer. Did some yoga first and biked over to the park. Session was really slow and lonely. After warming up and getting used to the giant pyramid hip all those negative thoughts went away. I was having fun zipping around the park, I nollie flipped the hip and the way I caught the grip so early and stomped my trick I felt like I was on top of the world. reminded myself why I love this thing. Only skated for an hour and my ankle pain started to humble me so I called it and went home. I miss the days of skating for hours with no fatigue but still a W in my book.

newguy

« Reply #1826 on: March 04, 2024, 05:19:45 AM »
Second session in a row after a year off, and god damn my back and legs are blown out, but it feels so good to slowly get all my tricks back. I was really afraid i had lost everything but i actually only lost my pop. All I have to do is just skate regularly and ill get my level back in no time. Wont skate for a day to let my poor muscles rest and reduce the risk of injury tho

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -64
  • ???
« Reply #1827 on: March 04, 2024, 05:42:50 AM »
annihilated my 10 year old sisters  heart supply jagger eaton pro model board, I'm 200 pounds

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1828 on: March 04, 2024, 08:28:53 AM »
Tried to summon the homies but no one was around. Went to the park on my own and there were some little ones there on pintail longboards. Their dad was cool. Talked to him for a bit about setups and encouraged the kids who were learning to carve the bowl corner.
Then my homie showed up and we started skating the little quarter. Landed frontside disaster for the first time ever! Stoked.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1829 on: March 04, 2024, 08:39:21 AM »

Been considering going back to school to teach Spanish/ESL, thinking that it might be less of a 24 hour grind than my current job. But it sounds like... not? Maybe every job wants its pound of flesh from the heart now, idk.