Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 62163 times)

Boog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 190
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 03:44:36 PM »
Skated some flat in my garage yesterday. Had alot of fun. Working on switch fs 360 and switch bs flip. Got really close on both but ultimately just called it a day after getting pitched a few times. Hoping I'll land one of them next session.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 04:02:27 PM »
Skated Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at a plaza that was in a "green zone" for the full week before. Watched fencing come down. Felt good that the city gets to breathe again. Let's hope it stays safe/that way.

Fhk

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 04:32:34 PM »
Last session outside was months ago, then Winter began..My local indoor is my 8' x 10' backroom, But two days ago I made a new game..it goes heelflip,fakie kick flip, then 3-flip in a row. I have to push myself off the walls to go back in forth so its a fun challenge..a fun challenge that is self rewarded by a joint and a beer. Hope you guys in warm climates are getting after it.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 04:45:04 PM »
Got to skate with two of my buddies this past Sunday. We were just gonna hit a curb, but then it started raining so we skated around in some parking garages downtown. One of my friends is typically a bowl/park guy, so we were all stoked when he landed a ledge trick that he battled for awhile.

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 04:52:03 PM »
Its in the 50s and windy lately in Socal. I tried to get warm for the majority of the 2 hour session today.  Started out dry-cold, got sweaty and warm for 20 minutes, then immediately got wet-cold. 

Also started trying to get the nerves up to learn switch front blunts on small ledges.  This and the weather made me feel super soft

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »
16 day ago, before I fell off curb while running and thrashed my ankle,

was super tired and didn't have much in me because I had walked 3 miles then ran 4.5 and it was an overcast day. went to the secret diy spot and was the only person there so I put Wu Chronicles and dodged puddles. the ocean was pretty loud because of the king tides and I like that noise a lot. Landed a bunch of board slides, no complies, and shuvit variations. Couple short and tall tail slides. I left exhausted and figured I shouldn't skate for a few days to avoid getting hurt, planning to go back over the weekend to practice popping over the bump/tortoise shells. I get hurt fucking running. fun session
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 05:21:48 PM »
Skated a pretty crusty ditch spot called little surf with my good homie, it was all pretty heckride. I ate shit ollieing into one of the steep banks of the ditch and got chewed up. It started drizzling and but I was able to get that Ollie into the bank a few tries later and a couple other tricks. My buddy locked in a long ass feeble to fakie on some of the parking blocks that were there perched on the banks. The rain got to serious and we ducked back out and looked for a covered spot. The rain stopped and it dried up enough for us to have a fun slappy sesh on my parking block. Overall 10/10 sesh
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »
Dry cold day in Canadas west coast, skated some flat on a smooth new road recently completed in the outskirts of the rural Rez I live by. Neighbour walks by and asks if I’ve bombed the most insane switchback road in town... shoulda said yes and got mad bad boy rep in the neighbourhood?
Hangin' with a cool bunch

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2021, 05:50:29 PM »
Skated this underground parking lot spot under a movie theater that's been closed down since pre-covid days. Skated there after work today and had a primarily mellow flatground sesh for about 45 minutes. Based on how tired I felt and how my first goes at 5050ing the ledge went, I knew it was a day to take it easy and stick to some flatground. Recently recovered from a rolled ankle and stoked to be back on the board.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2021, 05:58:33 PM »
Went out last Saturday since the streets were dry and the sun was out (rare in January where I'm from) and skated a two up two down at my local farmer's market square. Top stair had a lil wax but is rough cement, I'm planning on transforming that puppy with lacquer soon.

I live downtown and no matter where I'm skating, I make a point to reroute and wallride nollie (whatever it's called) over this little spicket right before I get home. It's a block from my apartment and a perfect way to end a session! Here's a photo I took when scouting for spots this summer after I moved in. I love this little guy :)

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2021, 06:11:24 PM »
Took my six year old son to the local school, where I have a parking block and a couple curbs waxed up. Re-learned how to nollie lipslide the parking block. Also after a few months of doing bs slappies on small curbs, I discovered I can do them on a full sized curb. Finished with a bunch of long 50-50s 180 out. Fun!

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
Driveway with a box, routine tricks windy and cold, as I was finishing up I tried a switch bs180 nosegrind and landed it

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2021, 08:29:44 PM »
Concussion and broken big toe  :-[

piss joslin

• Rep: -13
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2021, 08:59:38 PM »
think i went to a skatepark 2 months ago. i wanted to grind the contest rail for old times sake but ended up doing some tricks to manny on a portable metal flatbar next to manny pad. thoguht about stealing it cause i'm sure someone will, why shouldn't i take it?
but as a catholic, i can't do it.
hopefully it's still there.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2021, 09:19:34 PM »
Was at a sam's club parking lot a few days ago and it's closed permanently.

So there's a few good slappy curbs was hitting them up heard then saw some randoms skating the other side of the parking lot they brought their boxes and ramps full on session likes demo.

Honestly I never in my life would I have seen this especially in my area.

One because this place sucks

Two the scene here is like a watered down supreme clique

Three my neighborhood is hood as fuck NO ONE SKATES here unless it's longboarding.

It was a good session slammed a few times as they had a stupid box that was over waxed it wasn't safe at all.
Dueces Bitch's

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2021, 09:21:17 PM »
Cold winter night.  Make fire by moonlight.  Howl with wolf.  Wolf family.  My family.

Make a tender moment- sweat under and freeze your eyelids shut.

Police make contact.  I warrior.  They know, I know.  Sign says “no skateboarding”.  Police say they
don’t care.  I hear howling breath under people breath.

Make ancestors give strength to 5-0 on a little step.  Gods not friendly and sleeping.  Fear grip and hold “just how good is my health insurance?”  “Why am I such a pussy?”

Play with dead bird carcass and kiss its rancid wings.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2021, 09:29:03 PM »
I took my cruiser board out to just go around my neighborhood, fucked around on some things along the way. Stopped at a hill to a busy street where there's a 2 stair ledge thing towards the top I've always eyed but it has a gnarly crack before it, thought I could get over it easier with cruiser wheels. Came close but didn't land it. Also was kinda tough to time it with the light since I wanted to cross the street at the bottom without stopping.

Two other dudes were skating closer to the top of the hill and went to a ledge spot I hit the night before, they didn't have masks so I didn't say what up or anything but nodded at them.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2021, 09:33:26 PM »
For ten minutes and by myself, I skated a ridiculously dusty, filthy parking garage that's full of rocks and melted snow and people coming in and out and a lingering security guard. Not only was my griptape full of dust, but I fell and my jacket and pants got dust on them.

But on the plus side, I came close to learning wallride 180s.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2021, 11:18:21 PM »
Went to my winterspot. The only place I now with a roof over it. Super crusty, with those small cobblestones every 4 meters or so. I duct taped the whole place ( arround 50 meters of tape ) to smoothen out the cobblestones a bit.
I got two lill manual pads there and a wooden bank "ledge" i can use for slides.
Overall it's a pain in the ass to skate there but winter is hitting hard here. So it's the only dry place in town.
Somehow it's frustrating. But on the other hand it's also the only way to keep me sane with all of the covid madness right now. I always skate alone there because no one wants to skate that spot. Cops are also a problem there, they kicked me out on friday. So I came back on saturday to slip out on a half cap noseslide and fucking up my shoulder. Went to MRT on Monday and it seems like i need operation now.. so overall a great session..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Poop Drunx

• Rep: 2
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2021, 04:28:50 AM »
got so close to landing 360 flips for like 2 hours, came back and immediately felt so sore and now my ankle is probably gonna be on ice for the next week

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2021, 04:38:49 AM »
Cycled 30/40 minutes to a skatepark outside the city, upon arrival I could only see little kids with scooters and families on top of the ramps.

Moved to a different skatepark, and 10 minutes into the session, got a sharkbite on the instep of my foot.

Smoked 2 joints and painfully cycled back home.

Life is beautiful.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2021, 06:16:28 AM »
how long is a usual sesh for u dudes?

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2021, 06:27:25 AM »
Skated my local for a couple of hours on Saturday. I'm in the process of relearning kickflips and tailslides, but I try to limit how many kickflips I do so I don't get frustrated (finally figured out what to do by the end of the evening). Did my usual stuff and one of my friends brought his girlfriend and she was learning to skate on his board. He and I get to trying a noseslide on the 2-stair Euro hubba and I'm not even getting close, but I also just need to muster up the courage to try and fall a few times. After they left I practiced slappy noseslides and popped into some tailslides on the bottom stair in the street section before I left. Overall, not a bad day.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2021, 06:27:48 AM »
went to a local DIY to film for a little video were making there and tons of sticks all around from the crew but no makes. filmed for about 2 hours in the freezing cold. it was still very chill no pun intended
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2021, 07:08:19 AM »
getting kicked out by two security guys at the newest spot before even putting down all four wheels, going to a park that's packed with kids and parents without any masks during peak covid and mandatory ffp2 mask in stores and parking lots, ending up skating a dry patch of asphalt next to a construction site. get three shinners on the same spot and be fed up and go home.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2021, 07:42:57 AM »

i try skate around 1.5hrs, mostly ledges and flat

yesterday i got out of full day of classes right around sunset. Pushed as fast as I could to the ledge spot, tried to get all my go-tos as fast as i could, and then the sun set and i went home.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2021, 07:45:51 AM »
usually 4 hours or longer when its decent out

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2021, 07:48:46 AM »

I tend to do 2/3 1 hour sessions during the week, mainly in my lunchbreak and a full day during the weekend.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
I try to make it an all day affair if the wife and have nothing planned but usually 1 to 2 hours.
Dueces Bitch's

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
Skated a tiny park couple towns over. Tried to evade all the weekend scooter kids. Despite the pandemic, there seems to be more than ever, especially with their ignorant parents... but the park was covered in mud and dirt from.. you guessed it, scooter kids. Managed to land a heelfip off the kicker and my friend caught the still on his phone:

https://i.imgur.com/rpcmVWx.jpg

Then we went back to the local after about an hour to sesh the ledge... my mate relearned impossible 50-50s and front tails on it, so all round a good couple hours.