Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67903 times)

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »
Park was blown out with returning college students or something. I skated the adjacent curb. Did a bunch of bs & fs slappies with minimal run up- some “one inch punch” type stuff. Just in my own little world.

Fhk

« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2021, 08:44:28 AM »
Went outside without stretching landed a few kickflips in a row(not typical being 44) to start things off and it started down-pouring. Retreated back inside to the couch.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1504
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2021, 09:02:43 AM »
Drove into town to hit up the local park. Was greeted with some new "artwork", tried to pour water on it thinking it was chalk, it wasn't. Ended up skating street with a friend. Did a front tailslide and a clean half cab nose manny, haven't done those tricks in years, felt good. We parted ways right before it rained.

Piss on it for me.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #303 on: August 30, 2021, 10:26:20 AM »
It was hot af.   I started drinking too early into the session.   Got a personal slappy first still.   Then ate two piece chicken meal with a biscuit from a gas a station guzzled down with a few more beers as I watched my friends rip.   Then our wives and girlfriends simultaneously started to phone us with the "where are you at" text.   The session winded to a halt.   The sun had won anyway.

somefucker

« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2021, 10:38:11 AM »
too humid in the northeast lately, I do a couple grinds and suddenly I could win a wet t shirt contest. Last session I did get a fakie bigflip manual on a downhill pad, two shirts later.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
Went to a random foundation that’s been destroyed it was mad humid but got a little line.

Kf up and over a bank to bank manual and fs shuv off a loading dock, totally fluked it.

I can’t wait for the fall and winter hoodies and baggy pants….

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2021, 06:10:34 PM »
x

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2021, 06:14:19 PM »
couple slappy back tails and im happy. few sessions ago i faced a large cheese at 3 and skated not that well but got a switch flip 1st try at the end so that kinda made up for it. havent seen shelby in a minute

IpathCats

« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2021, 08:41:00 AM »
Finally back tailed and front smithed my new curb spot. Both of those tricks are super hard on small curbs for me. Couple decent 360 flips and kickflips, stuck a switch flip, then slammed hard on one. Been trying to clean up my shuvs in all directions while skating faster too.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #309 on: September 07, 2021, 09:18:44 AM »
Got to park, did "stop n' chat", pissed down with rain.
Got grinder and fixed a couple of popped up crete spots and filled a hole with bondo.
Didn't take picture or look for social media adulation, so did it even happen?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

IpathCats

« Reply #310 on: September 07, 2021, 09:57:40 AM »
Got to park, did "stop n' chat", pissed down with rain.
Got grinder and fixed a couple of popped up crete spots and filled a hole with bondo.
Didn't take picture or look for social media adulation, so did it even happen?

Not to most people under the age of 30 unfortunately. Crustodians need not for likes, they're fueled by the stoke itself. But I'm sure you know that already <3.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #311 on: September 07, 2021, 02:12:31 PM »
Tried to skate wooden manuel pads on my campus with homies. Security golf cart rolls up and smashes into the corner of one fucking it all up. Neither us nor the security know how to react. I guess he finally processed what just happened so he starts getting pissed. He tells us to dip so we head to a different place and sit down at some tables and skate a bit of flat.

Same guy rolls up 15 mins later with 2 cops and checks us all for warrants and threatens the homies with trespassing and then reported me to the dean. So wack cuz I skate these spots every day with no issue.

Skated the park after that.

marty mcfly

« Reply #312 on: September 07, 2021, 02:28:18 PM »
My last session was one year ago and I don’t really know why...I just don’t want to skate right now (in 22 years of skateboarding)
I’ve made a thread about it in what ever.
I wait till it comes back I guess.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #313 on: September 08, 2021, 11:36:45 AM »
solo flatground (not really solo, was with my nearly four year old who was doing his thing also). it went magic. in the space of about 40 mins (quite a lot of which was just chatting with my boy) i landed about 75% of my whole repetoire, finishing with my first switch flip in over a year. i think it's genuinely the most stoked i've been off a flat ground trick since my first regular kickflip. kiddo was hyped for me! feeling good. actually my knees feel kind of weird, but aside from that...

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: September 08, 2021, 05:53:15 PM »
rained out at about the halfway point last night. today some dude was jogging with headphones and randomly tried to do some parkour type of shit in passing and dropped his phone. then he came back after like 20 minutes and stood high and mighty just frozen looking around for a minute like robocop

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 100
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2021, 12:30:19 AM »
360 flipped the new box we built on the first try ever. Still can´t believe it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2021, 04:28:10 AM »
360 flipped the new box we built on the first try ever. Still can´t believe it.

Nice. I had a similar experience in my last session. I tried front boards on this low flatbar and rolled away from one (not first try, but the first in my life!) and followed it up by a nice heelflip (first try during this session) in a  line. I had to watch the clip all week to believe it is true!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »
Went to the local skatepark super disappointed that my son couldn't come with me got a bit frustrated landed a few things fakie front shove over the hip backside flip over the hip switch flip over the hip frontside flip over the hip nollie backside 360 over the hip a few switchback side 180s over the hip

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »
10 mins in, axel stall, lost balance, bailed, still landed on a runaway (kicked away) board, rolled my ankle, am hobbling now.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2021, 01:20:53 AM »
Went for the first time to the local semi-DIY after a three week injury break. I was too excited and wanted too much, hence not much really worked. But got some nice no comply bigspins in the bank, so i won't complain too much...

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2021, 01:28:07 AM »
I went to skate the ledges on New Street in Edinburgh last night and it's been knobbed. Good times!

Doom patrol

• Rep: 73
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2021, 06:57:12 AM »
I live in a tiny village in Hokkaido, my options for skate spots are incredibly limited. In Tokyo for two days and a night of family business with the in-laws from Honshu. I almost didn't bring my board, catching the bus from two prefectures over for two busy days with the family, I didn't want to drag my board and extra shoes around and maybe not have time/energy to skate anyway.
Came to my senses and brought my board and even though I was exhausted I dragged my carcass out later than I ever do anything these days (11:00pm haha) and I went city skating. It was fucking amazing.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2021, 09:04:00 AM »
there is this grass gap that i want to nollie.  its probably the equivalent of 6 or 7 stairs and with short run up.  i have gotten so close so many times (over two sessions) but havent pulled it. but last nights session at it was better than my first so hopefully third times a charm.

froufroufox

• Rep: 30
« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »
getting back into skating after a 5 year break and my seshes only last like an hour or so before i’m dusted. funny enough, it takes me half of that to feel warmed up :-/

cky enthusiast

« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2021, 12:04:14 PM »
took a crucial one in a big bowl and bled everywhere. now i’m gonna be living in my car changing gauze constantly

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2021, 01:00:07 PM »
I went for a quick session before dawn and finally realized I could do all my tricks better when using the nose as tail. That tail is just too short for me. It‘s a DLX Dreamer shape.  The board is at the end of its lifecycle now and I got a Muska lined up, the tail of which is huge like a shovel.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2021, 11:27:38 AM »
I went to the local park and it was filled with kids and tweakers, so I went to a different park that's usually empty.  I slammed hard in a bowl and fucked up my ribs AGAIN and broke my glasses, so I just gave up and went back to bed.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #327 on: September 12, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
I went to the local park and it was filled with kids and tweakers, so I went to a different park that's usually empty.  I slammed hard in a bowl and fucked up my ribs AGAIN and broke my glasses, so I just gave up and went back to bed.

fuck.. I can relate. get well soon mate. and next time, just shred a parking lot.
IG: @flowterspace

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck.. I can relate. get well soon mate. and next time, just shred a parking lot.

Lmao yeah I'll be skating the small stuff for a while. 

Thanks dude.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2021, 02:25:37 PM »
Respect, have a gnar