Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66514 times)

Lifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #480 on: November 21, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »
Had a really good sesh with some homies today. We turned a local bench spot into a sort of modular skate park with our flat bars and a box we brought there. I've found kickflips aren't coming easy for me anymore lately but I'm stoked my treflips are getting more consistent and I'm figuring out heelflips.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #481 on: November 21, 2021, 06:25:31 PM »
2nd day on a new board that I’ve been enjoying.  Went to noseslide this little box, and a screw on the angle iron dug into my nose and cut a huge gouge 2 layers deep.  I’m really weird about how my boards wear in, and this just ruined my whole day.  Also hit axle on my 2 month old ventures.  Was kind of cool the first time I did it, but it’s gonna be a problem if I keep blowing through trucks like this. 

In more positive news, I’ve been trying to relearn back tails and back smiths for a solid 2 years, and finally got some this weekend.  Never thought I’d do another one. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #482 on: November 21, 2021, 11:04:48 PM »
2nd day on a new board that I’ve been enjoying.  Went to noseslide this little box, and a screw on the angle iron dug into my nose and cut a huge gouge 2 layers deep.  I’m really weird about how my boards wear in, and this just ruined my whole day.  Also hit axle on my 2 month old ventures.  Was kind of cool the first time I did it, but it’s gonna be a problem if I keep blowing through trucks like this. 

In more positive news, I’ve been trying to relearn back tails and back smiths for a solid 2 years, and finally got some this weekend.  Never thought I’d do another one.

The screw thing would drive me nuts too, but it will be forgotten as soon as the board is well worn. Stoked that you got the back tails and back smiths, I can only dream of those.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 809
« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2021, 07:05:09 AM »
went to an indoor park that was practically empty when i got there (one scooter, two rollerskaters that were practicing slalom in the corner). i front boarded the whole flat bar a couple of times, that felt really good because i suck at sliding backwards.

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2021, 10:00:00 AM »
went to an indoor park that was practically empty when i got there (one scooter, two rollerskaters that were practicing slalom in the corner). i front boarded the whole flat bar a couple of times, that felt really good because i suck at sliding backwards.

Unlocking front boards was the best feeling for me.

Skated the park last night for like 90 minutes. Had to put brand new trucks on cuz mine exploded in the cold on Saturday night. Breaking in trucks didn’t suck as much as I remember.

Did my go to tricks for a bit, and then tried kick nose manny for like an hour. Told myself I’d do one before the end of the year, but fuck me i cannot figure out how to flip into that shit.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #485 on: November 22, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
high rise spot is more like something between a ledge and a curb. windy chilly day so went to another ledge spot. it hasnt snowed enough to cover the ground this year yet but theyve thrown a bit of rock salt around. annoyed but spend a few minutes sweeping it away with my foot. sk8 that for a bit. zero warmup do a front fiddy then do front fiddy back1s out til im over it. its considerably windier even for that spot and it starts lightly snowing. leave. get out at my homestop and the snowfall has picked up. go to petsmart and get 2 poop bags and wrap the trucks. the boards almost done at this point anyway. leave the store and now its not snowing at all and the grounds already dry. walk back uphill with the bags still on. see an interesting new spot on the way an asphalt bank merge into 2 ledges but with no rollaway room. think i wanna sk8 a manny spot tomorrow if its too windy for the high rise spot

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »
I had a productive session on Sunday, got six clips at four different spots. Plus I hit the axle on my truck.
why come?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2021, 03:31:16 PM »
Met at the coffee spot, drank coffee for an hour. Went to the spot, couple slappies, bailed a kickflip over a cone, talked a bunch of shit. Got burritos and modelos. Went home and took a nap.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #488 on: November 22, 2021, 10:37:58 PM »
Landed my first sketchy ass kickflip since i was maybe 12 years old lmao. Also tried fs shuvits for an hour or so but cannot for the life of me remember how to not land too far in front of the board.

stoked for you, you'll get that front shuv eventually. just keep landing the same way, but try to pop more forward. then you already learned them while clearing distance. that's pretty sick!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2021, 01:26:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Landed my first sketchy ass kickflip since i was maybe 12 years old lmao. Also tried fs shuvits for an hour or so but cannot for the life of me remember how to not land too far in front of the board.
[close]

stoked for you, you'll get that front shuv eventually. just keep landing the same way, but try to pop more forward. then you already learned them while clearing distance. that's pretty sick!

Yeah well done for the kickflip. A great achievement!  My first kickflip after a 20 year hiatus was an amazing feeling. I never could do front shuvs and am nowhere near to landing them but I can nollie front shuv out of 50/50 grind since last week.   8)
why come?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #490 on: November 23, 2021, 04:13:37 AM »
Learned bs noseslide nollie pop shoveit 360 out (270?) on a skate plaza last monday, did it on a real spot, a kinda good wood ledge that sticks on the truck, on my last session with was friday; filmed by my own on a 360 camera  :D . Got it perfectly stomped and filmed. Tried nollie 360 flip out but really can't kick it out at all  ???  Im 32 and still learning shit, so Im really hyped, still evolving  ;D

https://s10.gifyu.com/images/videod89908b0fe1e0745.gif
ftp://https://s10.gifyu.com/images/videod89908b0fe1e0745.gif

(How can I embed my shitty gif?)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:21:20 AM by mooraga »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: November 23, 2021, 04:16:50 AM »
Learned bs noseslide nollie pop shoveit 360 out (270?) on a skate plaza last monday, did it on a real spot, a kinda good wood ledge that sticks on the truck, on my last session with was friday; filmed by my own on a 360 camera  :D . Got it perfectly stomped and filmed. Tried nollie 360 flip out but really can't kick it out at all  ???

ftp://https://s10.gifyu.com/images/videod89908b0fe1e0745.gif

Amazing  8)
(How can I embed my shitty gif?)
why come?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »
manny pad spot. its basically perfect. kicked out by in less than 20. annoyed because i was working on something. roll downhill to the high rise ledge curb spot. sk8 that until its almost dark. contemplate buying pizza again upon return but dont. that was the 2nd last sesh

sunday today. new board. visually its the 1st day of winter. snow everywhere. i got a sweet office tower underground spot with many levels thats bright and clean. dodge cameras with a bagged board until im there then sk8 flat for a bit. get kicked out. guys actually pretty nice or whatever. says he saw me half an hour ago. felt more like 20. get on the subway to another spot inside the station. do nothing but fakie hardflips for quite a while. see someone i know but dont enjoy the company of. talk to them very briefly. some poser walks by without his board and i see him judging back. i stop and roll around until he fcks off because im not putting on a show. seen him before hes dogshit on a board lmao. get a decent amount of fakie hardflips then leave. buy snacks on the way home

dofrenzy

« Reply #493 on: November 29, 2021, 03:28:33 AM »
Yesterday, saw some scant snowflakes coming down and quick geared up and grabbed my board for a mini-ramp sesh.  37F(3C), by 10 minutes in the snowfall was light and dusting the ramp.  Skated 5 more minutes until my wheels started slipping out on my last 2 lines.  15 minute mini sesh in the snow made everything all right.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #494 on: November 29, 2021, 07:01:59 AM »
Chipped the hell out of the nose on my week old board, but finally got a nice frontside smith on a decent size ledge so even Steven I guess
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: November 29, 2021, 07:10:33 AM »
Chipped the hell out of the nose on my week old board, but finally got a nice frontside smith on a decent size ledge so even Steven I guess

Chipped mine trying tres but didn’t get one  >:(

I am glueing (is that a word?) the bit on tho.
why come?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #496 on: November 29, 2021, 10:57:10 AM »
Went skating with my son (on his BMX). He told me to do some tricks, so I did a noseslide on a bench, a boardslide on the bench. A 1 foot ollie, pop shove it and like 5 kickflips. Then my back started being sore (currently have a back injury - I can cruise but tricks aggravate it)

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #497 on: November 29, 2021, 04:53:23 PM »
Went to the skatepark by my house, it's like Cooper in east wburg cut in half. Like a concrete prefab. Did little fly out shuvs onto the big pad and noseslid off the end of the low ledge for literally an hour. It was a little wet. Later I tried nollie back tail and stood on a couple and I was feeling it but this kid in the park who was ripping would deck tap whenever I got close and I got insecure and just skated the banks and qp - I heelflipped to fakie on a bank for the first time ever but i should probably have already had that

Anybody else feel weird about getting props at the park or the spot? I learned all of my ledge tricks in the last two years so I have never had to deal really. Slipped out of a pivot fakie at the BQE Polar bank spot that's since been destroyed back in maybe 2016 and got props but then I talked to the guy after and found out he just liked my jacket
It looked like this. Real thrift store kook vibe
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #498 on: November 29, 2021, 05:34:35 PM »
Was skating down the street to Circle K and some girls walking told me to do a kickflip so I did a heelflip because mine look better than my kickflips and they were none the wiser.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #499 on: November 29, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »
i like getting props, makes me wanna go harder

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #500 on: November 30, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »
   Skating the usual shitty park. Was getting close to hardflip fs 50-50 the middle ledge. Then my friend who rips showed up and started skating the ledges with me, and a cool scooter guy. They’re closer than friends than we are but I’m still fairly close with the ripper.
  My friend tried to fs 5-0 the middle ledge, overshot it, tried to run it out but had no chance and got pitched in to the sharp metal corner of the final ledge face first. Long deep gash across his face. Another inch and he would’ve lost an eye no doubt. He immediately started bleeding everywhere, the scooter guy started losing his cool and volunteered me to drive our friend to the ER. Which I was fine with but I made sure scooter guy was coming with to keep me company at the hospital while I waited for our friend. As soon as we get to the parking lot scooter guy backs out and only came up to the car to take pictures of my friends wound, holding everyone up while I’m trying to get my friend in the car so we can go the ER.
    Finally got our friend to the ER, and his girl was coming to get him so they could go pick up his kid after.  So I could leave. I felt really bad for my friend but after a bunch of stitches he’ll be ok. Fuck the scooter guy for volunteering me and then backing out though. I was prepared to spend the next few hours waiting and I really wanted someone to wait with, luckily it didn’t come to that.
   Got back to the park, called scooter guy out, then did a 15 trick line. Probably the best line I’ll ever do. Now I’ll be forever scared to skate that middle ledge fs ever again. I’ve always imagined that exact slam and now I watched it happen. It’s cursed

What were the 15 tricks?

Beergarden

• Rep: 0
« Reply #501 on: November 30, 2021, 04:24:14 PM »
Got tre flips on lock.  I’ve done them before. And can do them switch.  But a regular tre flip took a lot of energy / effort.  Now I’ve got them super easy.   I’m way stoked.  Feels like I unlocked a trick I never thought I would have down. I don’t do the new school ones tho.  With the dangling rear leg.  I do the old school og flips.  Next is back 360s. 

Heel flips is another I do well switch. But regular, in a game of skate.  It’s poison.   Fakie heel is border line miracle. 

My son and I want to put together a little vid  I’ll be sure to share as we plan on filming this week.  ( I’ll be 45 in Jan ). Long time lurker, I would say a good 13 years it seems.  Could be wrong. Who cares it’s slap.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #502 on: November 30, 2021, 04:44:51 PM »
Anybody else feel weird about getting props at the park or the spot?

i like getting props, makes me wanna go harder

Yeah, never sweat props. The stoke must flow.

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #503 on: December 01, 2021, 02:58:20 AM »
Anybody else feel weird about getting props at the park or the spot? I learned all of my ledge tricks in the last two years so I have never had to deal really. Slipped out of a pivot fakie at the BQE Polar bank spot that's since been destroyed back in maybe 2016 and got props but then I talked to the guy after and found out he just liked my jacket
It looked like this. Real thrift store kook vibe

I’m so old that I can’t hear anything anyways. So if I’m getting props (prob not) or getting laughed at (probably yes) I can’t hear and don’t care. I yell out a lot of YEAH!s though, for stuff I think is cool that I see go down.
Also, I’d skate in that jacket, yelling MURICUH! Every 83 seconds. Then hop in my Camaro and burn out.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #504 on: December 01, 2021, 03:51:46 AM »
Did a tre>pop shuv>fs pop shuv to fakie>crook pop out line yesterday and was just fucking thrilled. I went to bed replaying that one in my head.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2021, 12:25:43 PM »
some flat and curb. fed the squirrels and talked to yolandi a bit. some idiot put a bit of rock salt in the middle of the street but its minimal and contained

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #506 on: December 01, 2021, 07:20:58 PM »
Skated my driveway solo trying to figure out how to film myself it was distracting and stressful

Fuckfaceunstoppable

• Rep: -48
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #507 on: December 01, 2021, 08:22:02 PM »
Got FS 180 sw manny’s down. Tried a FS flip into it and snapped my nose.

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #508 on: December 01, 2021, 11:52:16 PM »
I pushed around in an empty parking garage by myself and also I think I broke my foot.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2021, 02:35:48 PM »
windy and wet but warmer day. rained through the morning then briefly again in the afternoon. brought a bag for the board in case because i cant fully trust the weather channel. dropped some food off for the squirrels cherry tomatoes and apple pieces. then station alt exit indoor flat rush hour test. passed. sk8 for like an hour then some random kid leaving the platform had a board and asked to sk8 too. it was good because its on camera and the worker isnt too far away either so i wanted to see if double noise was a bust factor. didnt get kicked out