Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66500 times)

skunty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1500 on: July 12, 2023, 01:37:03 PM »
The other day I showed up to the park and as I was saying hello to everyone, this kid walked up to me and asked if I recognized him. I did not, but it turned out he was a kid from years ago who me and my friends sorta took under our wing as he was just getting into skating. He grew so much I didn't recognize him and he got pretty good at skating, so that was a neat reunion.

Eventually he leaves, and as I'm sorta reflecting on the situation with a friend, another kid walks in and immediately asks if I remember him. Pretty similar situation, he grew up a lot so I didn't recognize him but I definitely remembered.

Weird that it happened twice. But cool!

its like your 3 paths diverged and then converged, weird kizmit, universe is tellin u somethin

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1501 on: July 13, 2023, 01:25:26 PM »
Got my first fs flips in over 25 years tonight.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #1502 on: July 13, 2023, 03:25:46 PM »
I started working on fs smith grinds on a taller curb and realized I am not far from getting them bishes.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1503 on: July 13, 2023, 06:01:49 PM »
my board landed on my big toe axle first on a fake front bigspin. The toenail separated from the nailed so I had to get it removed. It was almost fully grown back from the last time it happened 8 months ago. No skating for at least a week while the nailbed heals, but at least my knees will get a break. Earlier this week I also landed my first frontside nose slide that actually slid since I was a teenager
fuck you bama

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1504 on: July 14, 2023, 03:20:11 AM »
Went straight to a mini ramp after work and got smoked on a tail stall bs revert... Slipped out and hit the flat full force on my hip. At least it was a wooden ramp..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

mfweeno

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1505 on: July 14, 2023, 07:34:54 AM »
Went to QP/A-frame this morning as usual, but they were doing some construction on the park. Thankfully the local Team Pain park is only 10 minutes away, so I changed up the routine and headed there for an hour.

Felt kind of sluggish and didn't have any particular tricks in mind, so skated the hip for a little bit and got a hat trick:
-Halfcab heel
-Full cab
-Back heel

Worked up a decent sweat trying to nail those down. Spent the rest of the time working on nollie front 180 up the euro gap. Got a very sweaty make on my last try. Summer heat and humidity is getting brutal!

thetrashisright

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1506 on: July 14, 2023, 07:59:52 AM »
Went straight to a mini ramp after work and got smoked on a tail stall bs revert... Slipped out and hit the flat full force on my hip. At least it was a wooden ramp..
My parks are all concrete which seems to be the trend... I long for wood ramps. Those are what I learned on when I was younger and you had to build your own in some weird older guy's backyard. Much softer landing than concrete. Learning again and I'm so hesitant because I don't want to take a smack on rock.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1507 on: July 14, 2023, 12:31:55 PM »
Got another fs flip after yesterdays breakthrough. Stoked to have these back as they were my signature trick in the 90s.
why come?

håkanhellström

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1508 on: July 14, 2023, 12:46:11 PM »
Dislocated my shoulder bad bad skate session

Banned from the room

« Reply #1509 on: July 14, 2023, 10:28:31 PM »

I'm sorry pal. Get well soon.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1510 on: July 15, 2023, 02:01:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sorry pal. Get well soon.

Yes bruh heal up soon!
why come?

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1511 on: July 15, 2023, 10:30:24 AM »
I just re-learned kickflips on flat like last month and been doing them more and more every sesh.
Last night and couple nights before that I got em first T.
Currently feeling myself haha.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1512 on: July 15, 2023, 11:00:29 AM »
I had a hip replacement Sept 19th last year.  I've been pushing for months but I just started ollieing the last few days.  I hit a pump track yesterday then went rolling around in my neighborhood and ollied every manhole cover I came across and it was just as exciting as the first time.  I am so stoked

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1513 on: July 15, 2023, 11:09:06 AM »
Trying to regain confidence post injury has been a challenge. Every session is a head fuck and I can't skate with other people at the moment. Been cruising, a few curb sessions and a mellow transition session here and there. Anyway, just about learned FS slappy crooks this morning First new trick post injury. And got my kick flips back. Things might be looking up.

...maybe...

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1514 on: July 15, 2023, 11:09:29 AM »
I had a hip replacement Sept 19th last year.  I've been pushing for months but I just started ollieing the last few days.  I hit a pump track yesterday then went rolling around in my neighborhood and ollied every manhole cover I came across and it was just as exciting as the first time.  I am so stoked

Fuck yeah. Stoked for you.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1515 on: July 15, 2023, 01:58:12 PM »
Fuck yeah gnarred

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1516 on: July 15, 2023, 10:26:02 PM »
I just re-learned kickflips on flat like last month and been doing them more and more every sesh.

Catching  a flip is one of the most satisfying  feelings, right?
why come?

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1517 on: July 15, 2023, 11:05:42 PM »
Skated some curbs with a homie after work. Got chick fil a with my lady after. Pretty sick

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1518 on: July 15, 2023, 11:07:04 PM »
Skated some curbs with a homie after work. Got chick fil a with my lady after. Pretty sick

Username checks out.
why come?

El Freegano

• Rep: 219
« Reply #1519 on: July 16, 2023, 01:40:37 AM »
There is an insane heat wave in eastern europe these days and i went skating from 7:30 to 9:00 this morning. I am stoked i relearned fs tail bigspin out, but next time i would go earlier coz the sweat in my eyes is unbearable.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1520 on: July 16, 2023, 02:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Catching  a flip is one of the most satisfying  feelings, right?
Oh yeah especially after not having the feeling for years!!
I was seriously fine with not flipping my board ever again, I was like turning into a cruise type of dude and getting tech was the farthest thing from my mind.
I know kickflips on flat aren’t exactly tech but at age 53 I was like I don’t need to be cruising yet I can still do this shit it ain’t that hard I just needed to get the muscle memory back in effect and get used to jumping again.
You are right though, it’s one of the most satisfying things in skateboarding, popping a solid kickflip on flat and actually doing it not terribly feels like nothing else! Especially first T.

pops

• Rep: 260
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1521 on: July 16, 2023, 11:58:41 AM »
Trying to regain confidence post injury has been a challenge. Every session is a head fuck and I can't skate with other people at the moment. Been cruising, a few curb sessions and a mellow transition session here and there. Anyway, just about learned FS slappy crooks this morning First new trick post injury. And got my kick flips back. Things might be looking up.

...maybe...

I feel you, dude.When I fucked up ankle and had to get surgery for it, skating for the first time after surgery, I almost wanted to quit. I was at my peak around that time and skated a ton, I couldn't believe learning all the basics was such pain in ass. It took years to get over the fear of commiting tricks, even the most basic ones I could do with ease before. It was mentally so hard for me I actually got depressed later. Eventually, I started feeling better both physically and mentally and found new ways to enjoy skating and I enjoy it more than ever.

My last session was skating downtown with my cruiser setup. I love that when you dont really plan your skating. You just go from spot to spot and do little tricks on whatever on the way. I think pushed more than 25km that day.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1522 on: July 16, 2023, 12:01:58 PM »

...maybe...

Any tips on the slappy fs crooks, I‘ve been trying them for months but still don‘t get them regularly and/or nicely.
why come?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1523 on: July 16, 2023, 12:18:41 PM »
I was tripod filming myself for my yearly old man video and I sprained my ankle trying a nollie fs 180 off a drop. Sucks.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1524 on: July 16, 2023, 01:26:05 PM »
Spent 3hrs trying to self-film a line in extreme humidity, and failed miserably.  I need to leave the phone in the car until I’ve got shit down that’s worth filming.

GB530

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1525 on: July 16, 2023, 03:32:41 PM »
BEEN GETTING BACK 50'S ON FLAT AND DOWN BARS AND ITS ALL I WANT TO DO NOW

Banned from the room

« Reply #1526 on: July 18, 2023, 08:26:21 AM »
My curb un-waxed it's self. Great for nose grinders bad for 5ohs. I just went faster but after like a few hits I stuck and flew forward.

Definitely got a pinched nerve still or again?

I met a girl too. At first I was like hmm but it seems I'm def not down.

I was thinking of saying hey if I fuck you really quick do you think you'd be able to never talk to me again afterwards? You seem kinda loud and your voice is breaking my brain. I'd definitely bend you over the bathroom sink rn and frost your donut if you promise you not hit me up tomorrow?

frtzgn95

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1527 on: July 19, 2023, 03:24:17 PM »
I am new in here and I didn't see the rules of this site. English is not my main language and today I had the first skate session in a basketball court. Yeah, I am sooo newbie that I may be banned from this forum.

Anyway, this is my first post, I hope it's legal. I knew how to ride already coz I have a penny board. And, today I did shuvit. They were like "bs 90 shuvit fs 90 body varial" (if it makes sense lol) but I am ok with that for my first session.

edit: i had wrote "huvit".

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #1528 on: July 19, 2023, 03:49:31 PM »
Went to a ramp jam and somehow when I set my board to drop in the coping was between my baseplate and hanger, ate shit dropping in and I think I tweaked my already fucked knee. Later in the week I skated a few miles to work from the train station on my cruiser and did some dirt skating.

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #1529 on: July 20, 2023, 09:54:03 AM »
Gave a ridiculous slide show to a boy scouts troop and taught them to skate. That was so fun.

Post covid 11 year olds are like screaming feral animals, and I think the skating was good for them cuz it gave them a way to focus their energy and find some clarity in the chaos that is their internal monologue.

I was happy to see their scout membership so strong. Maybe about 25% girls now.