Author Topic: Arbor Welcomes Greyson Fletcher  (Read 10750 times)

Joebayfocus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Arbor Welcomes Greyson Fletcher
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »
OMG Does this validate Arbor as a "Real" board company or it it a stop gap for Grayson to something as he figures out what to do after the fall of Element?

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/trash/arbor-welcomes-greyson-fletcher/

Genericwhitemale

Re: Arbor Welcomes Greyson Fletcher
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 12:12:11 PM »
Theyve been validated since they gave Shuriken a board and Ace Trucks were included with all pre-made completes.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »
Times are tough when you gotta ride for a longboard company

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »
all I got from that is that Greyson can't front fifty

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:57:31 PM »
Weird. I always thought he’d just get on blood wizard.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 01:13:17 PM »
damn didnt expect that

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 01:54:19 PM »
I know; RIGHT?!?
Seriously weird that didn’t happen.
I was so convinced it was a sure thing that I bought his new B-Wiz pro model & was just setting it up when I saw the news via banner advert.
Prolly just me, but does anybody else feel like dude has 5, maybe 6 tricks on lock & just does them big/fast?
Good for dude, I think(?)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »
Could’ve seen him on Krooked

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
Theyve been validated since they gave Shuriken a board and Ace Trucks were included with all pre-made completes.

this shit blew my kind when I was buying my homie a Christmas complete

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know; RIGHT?!?
I was so convinced it was a sure thing that I bought his new B-Wiz pro model & was just setting it up when I saw the news via banner advert.
Prolly just me, but does anybody else feel like dude has 5, maybe 6 tricks on lock & just does them big/fast?

Very weird that he’s not on bw because he's super close with Gregson. I can't believe he didn't at least give Madness a call since that's where all the socal transition rippers are w/ Clay, Ace Pelka, Fardell & Beckett. Creature would have been a good fit as well. He's def hesh enough for their brand

ColossalRaccoon

• Rep: 2
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 02:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know; RIGHT?!?

Lol I think everyone noticed that when he first popped up at that vans contest way back when.

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know; RIGHT?!?
Why would you buy a shit blood wiz when you can buy a vertical bamboo (which adds exponential strength to the board) arbor pro model? Dumbass....

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 681
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »
idk what arbor is but this dude should def be on bw or creature. they let him announce one of those vans park series contests last year or the year before and it was actually impressive how terrible he was at it. legendary surf/meth family for sure and the kid rips transition tho.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Nigel Houston

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
Not that upset about it. With the ongoing drought in skate hardware, any company that has supply and is able to ship to skate shops is at an advantage. Maybe 'longboard' companies have been selling a lot of their 'regular' boards and started to go all-in and put teams together.

Realistically, Greyson would have been rad on Madness and Creature, but both these companies are already stacked with team riders. If Arbor is giving him a solid paycheck, why not? I've never skated one but their boards and clothes are organic. The wood grain looks pretty. Are Ace Trucks any good?

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 03:02:54 PM »
I hope they are cutting a deece check. The 4 tricks he does happen to be my favourite tricks, so I always love his footage. Gave a couple of his parts the BA treatment. He put this part out last year. I guess element passed on it.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 03:59:15 PM »
Arbor makes good snowboards... I have one. I like the "idea" of striving for a sustainable business model. I dig the company, but not from a skating standpoint because well, ya know, longboarding

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »
idk what arbor is

free max b
pretty sure its the latest alt right social media platform

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 04:13:35 PM »
disappointed in greyson  :(

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »
Im sure arbor is one of the only companies who can pay close to element. Im sure they going to try and legitimize the skate program.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
What a weird ass company. So pro longboarders are a thing?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 07:27:52 PM »
damn from nike and element to vans flow and this board brand  :-X

madness woulda been a good fit or even Blood wizard as others called out.. must be paying him well.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Lahlah

• Rep: 14
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 07:47:22 PM »
Arbor makes good snowboards... I have one. I like the "idea" of striving for a sustainable business model. I dig the company, but not from a skating standpoint because well, ya know, longboarding

They make reallllly good snowboards, like top of the line shit. And their (snow) team consists of some pioneers/legends of the game (Bryan Iguchi, Frank April, Eric Leon) I've been riding the Arbor Draft for like 2 years now, their snow brand is sick...Don't know how I feel about them stepping into the skate game but I do like the brand. I think Greyson fits pretty good for a sustainable snow-cum-skate brand. Also these Shuriken boards are dope.... 5boro-ish but I fucking dig it and we'll be givin them a crack

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 07:52:51 PM »
For what it’s worth, Arbor is not a good snowboard company - nobody thinks that. And I really doubt they have money to write a “deec” check. They are, aptly, a step down from Element in terms of brand respectability (and certainly sales) in any discipline.  If your dorky uncle who “used to surf” wants to try snowboarding or something, he might get an Arbor, but that’s it.

edit - guess people do think it’s a good snowboard company. But per the above, it’s also people who “fuckin dig” those Ed Hardy lookin Shuriken boards and will be “givin them a crack!”.  So....idk

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
Anyone know what happened with Fletcher at Nike?
I like Shuriken and including Aces on completes is really cool but I'm not feeling the art direction at all.

Lahlah

• Rep: 14
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »
For what it’s worth, Arbor is not a good snowboard company - nobody thinks that. And I really doubt they have money to write a “deec” check. They are, aptly, a step down from Element in terms of brand respectability (and certainly sales) in any discipline.  If your dorky uncle who “used to surf” wants to try snowboarding or something, he might get an Arbor, but that’s it.

edit - guess people do think it’s a good snowboard company. But per the above, it’s also people who “fuckin dig” those Ed Hardy lookin Shuriken boards and will be “givin them a crack!”.  So....idk

the amount of arbor's I saw in Canada in my 2 years there were ridiculous, and hell yeah i like it, I also bought the this 5boro

i've riden it for 2 days and the bottoms so messed up you can't even make out what it is. Let me guess your old now and buy boards to look at and not skate?

Neil

• Rep: 13
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 08:42:01 PM »
I was hoping to see ONE Grayson Fletcher clip without a damn ollie north. They almost made it the 51 seconds but snuck one in at the end. I'm good never seeing one of those from him ever again.

fucking, joy

• Rep: 13
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »
the sean pablo of transition

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
Anyone know what happened with Fletcher at Nike?
I like Shuriken and including Aces on completes is really cool but I'm not feeling the art direction at all.

Used to work for the corp that Arbor is a part of. Everything that was interesting or potentially dangerous was pushed out by ownership and now they're just bland corporate skateboarding. It's all very boring and cynical and made me want to die. Kids, don't ever work in the industry side of skateboarding, it's fucking depressing

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 01:00:21 AM »

You got something to say about Ed Hardy? We stan Ed Hardy around here

101slasher101

• Rep: -9
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 01:28:11 AM »

Get it wrong. Kook on people to try to look cool. Well played?
Free Gator. Everyone deserves a second chance.