Author Topic: Cupsole Recommendations  (Read 37408 times)

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Cupsole Recommendations
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2022, 03:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Interestingly I have a friend that just skated the G6 Reynolds and described the board feel as pretty bad. Just a brick of a shoe with lots of foam.

In the Tiago I can articulate my forefoot really well. The shape of the cut lines on the sole seems to work well. The rear is definitely stiffer and took a while to get used to the sensation. I've got a longer index toe that big toe and wide feet and the toebox seems to work. The KSL toe also looks like it would. No locals seem to stock it but I wish I could try on. Ordering just to return is kinda shitty behavior and I'm trying to get away from having everything delivered/tons of emissions for my bullshit.
[close]

Man, when I tried the 1010s one side felt like the plasticy reinforcement just dug into the side of my foot so badly and the other not at all. Felt like maybe just a qc thing, and to your point, I’d love to try another but I’m not trying to ship another pair just to return them again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

What color way was this?  I just had to return a pair of all black ones with white soles because of some plastic thing digging into my foot from the tongue on the left shoe. I’ve had two pairs before this so it was definitely some sort of manufactures defect .
[close]

Black/white…
I just tried on the 1010s in black and white and felt like I was standing on parts of the outsole, particularly the little contrast-colored wavey part of the cupsole. Kinda baffled how bad they felt, and I tried two sizes.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2022, 07:34:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Interestingly I have a friend that just skated the G6 Reynolds and described the board feel as pretty bad. Just a brick of a shoe with lots of foam.

In the Tiago I can articulate my forefoot really well. The shape of the cut lines on the sole seems to work well. The rear is definitely stiffer and took a while to get used to the sensation. I've got a longer index toe that big toe and wide feet and the toebox seems to work. The KSL toe also looks like it would. No locals seem to stock it but I wish I could try on. Ordering just to return is kinda shitty behavior and I'm trying to get away from having everything delivered/tons of emissions for my bullshit.
[close]

Man, when I tried the 1010s one side felt like the plasticy reinforcement just dug into the side of my foot so badly and the other not at all. Felt like maybe just a qc thing, and to your point, I’d love to try another but I’m not trying to ship another pair just to return them again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

What color way was this?  I just had to return a pair of all black ones with white soles because of some plastic thing digging into my foot from the tongue on the left shoe. I’ve had two pairs before this so it was definitely some sort of manufactures defect .
[close]

Black/white…
[close]
I just tried on the 1010s in black and white and felt like I was standing on parts of the outsole, particularly the little contrast-colored wavey part of the cupsole. Kinda baffled how bad they felt, and I tried two sizes.

Yeah I really don't like the boardfeel of 1010s. Tried to really like them, the heel grip was great, but nah.

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
Any opinions good or bad, on the Adidas copa nationale?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2022, 08:51:53 AM »
Loved them.
The fit is really good, with amazing heel lock.
The sole is really durable with a more than decent boardfeel, even if it's not the grippiest sole.
The suede on mine was really durable.
One of my favourite shoes ever.
It's like a more structured Nike sb gato.
I've be looking for them but most colorways are REALLY bad and the stiching on the new ones seems way less durable than the first one.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2022, 11:43:06 AM »

I really didn't like them, at all. But maybe that has something to do with my somewhat smaller foot. Shoes that fit me best are Nikes (especially Bruin Reacts, Blazer Mids, Dunk Highs). Cant wear all Vans I tried except Rowans. So. Theres that. They fit so horrible I just used them for walking etc. after two sessions.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2022, 11:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Loved them.
The fit is really good, with amazing heel lock.
The sole is really durable with a more than decent boardfeel, even if it's not the grippiest sole.
The suede on mine was really durable.
One of my favourite shoes ever.
It's like a more structured Nike sb gato.
I've be looking for them but most colorways are REALLY bad and the stiching on the new ones seems way less durable than the first one.

all of this ^^^
love my pair
hardly art, hardly starving

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2022, 02:01:40 PM »
I may switch full time to the fast break. It's a decent shoe. I'm bummed on my slips. They aren't stretching enough to be fun.

Anyway the fast break It feels like a dunk but no one's fighting over them. I don't like looking down at the toe shape but it works.

I like to skate them untied. To me that's kinda show boaty in a good way like the next level lol. I'm such a dork.

I'ma order tomorrow maybe if they still got
I can't wait for the chukka to get back in stock at the shop.

Also I should be Bam's friend. I'd have his frickin back and I'd help him get back on his feets.

Skaters with long term helping skaters get recovery. Imagine that. Wouldn't that be a gift from "heaven".

Skaters need each other
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:20:17 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »

Laces literally spring untied because they are so stiff, but otherwise these feel promising. Tongue could be a little more forgiving, but I'm assuming that will work out. Feel WAY better than the 1010s!

huggernaut

• Rep: 12
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »
Got a couple shoes in the mail today:

Emerica Gamma is less pointy than the spanky ksl g6 but still just the way it curved hit my big toe funny so it’s going back, fairly wide through the mid foot though for those that that’s a thing for.  Bummer for me as the Emerica vulcs tend to fit me pretty well. They are definitely tighter through the end of the toes compared to the slip-on cupsole which is my go to shoe right now.

eS Swift 1.5 has a nice fit throughout and quite lightweight, cool to have the hidden lace option on a shoe that can be had for $35ish on sale. Will skate them soon.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2022, 04:35:42 PM »
Got my Adidas Busenitz and Tyshawns in the mail the other day.

The Busenitz felt kinda weird at first with the heel padding and sensual shape they have. I have super wide feet so you can see them bulge out the sides every step I take. They feel pretty good after walking around a while though. The laces they came with are too short to lace all the way to the tope eyelet though, which didn't even have a proper hole punched through the material to get the lace through. Had to do that myself and wasn't super impressed. Waiting to destroy my New Balance 306's before skating any of the Adidas.

The Tyshawns feel amazing and I like how they have 2 extra eyelets at the top that are actually reinforced too. Would have probably bought 2 pairs if they had 2 of my size in stock.

Both are pretty lame colours though. Black and white, tan and green stripes respectively. But the price was right and I surely am too old and heavy for vulcanized shoes.

Will report back after skating even though everyone already knows what these are like surely.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2022, 05:09:36 PM »

The Busenitz felt kinda weird at first with the heel padding and sensual shape they have. I have super wide feet so you can see them bulge out the sides every step I take. They feel pretty good after walking around a while though. The laces they came with are too short to lace all the way to the tope eyelet though, which didn't even have a proper hole punched through the material to get the lace through. Had to do that myself and wasn't super impressed. Waiting to destroy my New Balance 306's before skating any of the Adidas.

The Tyshawns feel amazing and I like how they have 2 extra eyelets at the top that are actually reinforced too. Would have probably bought 2 pairs if they had 2 of my size in stock.

Both are pretty lame colours though. Black and white, tan and green stripes respectively. But the price was right and I surely am too old and heavy for vulcanized shoes.

Will report back after skating even though everyone already knows what these are like surely.

Swaggy-fit-drip-kids might disagree, but if you plan on using the 'extra' eyelet as intended (for that snug heel lock):

I'm skating the Tys and the heel lock is sooo good using the extra eyelet lockdown.

huggernaut

• Rep: 12
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2022, 05:16:46 PM »

Interesting. I always have width problems, but am super interested in the tyshawns.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2022, 10:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Swaggy-fit-drip-kids might disagree, but if you plan on using the 'extra' eyelet as intended (for that snug heel lock):

I'm skating the Tys and the heel lock is sooo good using the extra eyelet lockdown.

Always fun when you learn you've been doing something wrong your entire life. I don't usually use it to try and lock it down super tight just always feels better lacing all the way up to me. I will have to try that now though.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2022, 12:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Always fun when you learn you've been doing something wrong your entire life. I don't usually use it to try and lock it down super tight just always feels better lacing all the way up to me. I will have to try that now though.

I've been lacing up like this for a few years now since a friend who runs showed me that's how they stop heel slip and keep the shoe snug so they don't rub and get blisters etc.. was a full on lightbulb moment.

recommend this technique to anyone who's unsure to try it for themselves.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

skatebruh

• Rep: 30
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2022, 09:49:46 AM »
This shoelace thing has changed my life. Heel is locked down like I'm wearing a snowboard boot.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2022, 10:36:23 AM »
That is a very fun technique and I’m glad I learned it, even if I never use it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2022, 12:44:05 PM »
You never know when it might come in handy; you buy a shoe that’s got weird sizing like maybe a new balance (if they ever decide to add the extra eyelet) where the shoe runs may be a little big and get a little bit of heel slip this will totally lock it down…would have changed the game on the 1010s for me.

Also long laces are there for a reason on shoes like this…

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:19 PM »
My ankles are shit so I tighten my laces….seems like a good idea but stresses me out to have shit tied up like that.  The moment I’m done skating I untie my shoes because I’m suffocating them…

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2022, 02:11:55 AM »
My ankles are shit so I tighten my laces….seems like a good idea but stresses me out to have shit tied up like that.  The moment I’m done skating I untie my shoes because I’m suffocating them…

This. And a quarter of the session is tying and untying laces because they don't reel right..
IG: @flowterspace

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2022, 05:52:32 AM »
Vans Crockett Highs have been my favorite shoes for a while now, huge amount of cushion and great board feel.

been my go to shoe for the past two and something years now. Wish they release more colorways of it.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2022, 07:54:01 AM »

Laces literally spring untied because they are so stiff, but otherwise these feel promising. Tongue could be a little more forgiving, but I'm assuming that will work out. Feel WAY better than the 1010s!
Full lace protection?? WTF!? Gimmie!

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2022, 09:26:37 PM »
Anyone try the DC metric? Curious about the Hongo bros one and how they feel compared to something like a Numeric 1010

LebowskisRug

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2022, 07:54:03 AM »
Many questions pals:

I am riding 440 and 1010. I am considering the following and looking for input relative to these:

-Fastbreak Pro Suede. I've heard they're not durable, flimsy, tried on some nylon ones and they fit well.
-Adidas Samba ADV. I can't actually find these in most colors I would want, which is weird.
-Busenitz Vintage. Also hard to find but I like the tongue and rear better.
-Gazelle ADV. I know they're a vulc but I like the look and they felt decent in hand.
-Copa

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2023, 08:27:23 PM »
Anybody have any feedback on the Lakai Trudger?  How is the fit?  It looks a little wider than the other Lakai cups.  Do they hold up well?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2023, 08:42:06 PM »
Can't mention the Swift 1.5 enough, great sole and outsole, hidden lace loops too. Colorways are a little boring, and they regularly go on sale on the eS website. I'm on my 2nd pair in a row, first time I've stuck to the same shoe in a few years.

Wish they still made the Accel Everstitch Plus, has the important technology I like in a shoe without being overly puffy. Especially like the velco strap to get the right tightness especially as the shoe breaks in and you don't want to tighten up the laces too much and have them flopping all over.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2023, 09:33:38 PM »
Many questions pals:

I am riding 440 and 1010. I am considering the following and looking for input relative to these:

-Fastbreak Pro Suede. I've heard they're not durable, flimsy, tried on some nylon ones and they fit well.
-Adidas Samba ADV. I can't actually find these in most colors I would want, which is weird.
-Busenitz Vintage. Also hard to find but I like the tongue and rear better.
-Gazelle ADV. I know they're a vulc but I like the look and they felt decent in hand.
-Copa

I only had the 1010, i think the busenitz are similar in how the foot sits, high heel to drop toe. I didn't like skating them.
Copas i agree with what turtle boy wrote above, also one of the only shoes I don't need to change insoles, has the perfect arch support, sambas has a nice one too. Both are wide on the toebox. I can see why suciu was skating copas exclusively for a while.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2023, 10:44:32 PM »

Do they run narrow? I nabbed a pair of the Puig indoors and fuuuuu they are narrow and pointy (yet thin); like an ES style pointy...got them for chillers...can't even use them for that...

My laces on my GT blazer lows come undone every 5min, not kidding...I've yet to swap them out as I keep saying fuck that shoe and wearing something else.

I've got a cupsole coming that I never thought I'd skate (tried it on and was kind of blown away at the fit and comfort level...) I'll report back; I've wide feet and these way better than expected.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2023, 12:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do they run narrow? I nabbed a pair of the Puig indoors and fuuuuu they are narrow and pointy (yet thin); like an ES style pointy...got them for chillers...can't even use them for that...

My laces on my GT blazer lows come undone every 5min, not kidding...I've yet to swap them out as I keep saying fuck that shoe and wearing something else.

I've got a cupsole coming that I never thought I'd skate (tried it on and was kind of blown away at the fit and comfort level...) I'll report back; I've wide feet and these way better than expected.
Not narrow at all. Granted my pair is half a size too big so I only use them as chillers. Really want to get a pair for skating but I need to go through my other shoes first.
I fucking suck at tying laces for some reason, they always come untied, especially on the Puig.
Started adding a small drop of crazy glue on the knot, just enough to hold it but I can yank it easily loose if I need to tighten the laces.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2023, 04:58:52 AM »
I could never do standard Businitz again, like walking in heels. 

I want some shoes with good cushioning and support, the Vans skate vulcs just ain't cutting it. 

I'm looking at the Tyshawns & Noras as they're on sale a bit, but have always wanted to try the Campus ADVs.  I've got kind of a skinny, wide foot.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2023, 07:01:40 AM »
Anybody have any feedback on the Lakai Trudger?  How is the fit?  It looks a little wider than the other Lakai cups.  Do they hold up well?

Skated these for a bit. They started awesome but the high top area got so floppy I ended up retiring them. They really didn't have much structure.