Author Topic: how to unrust my bearings?  (Read 362 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
how to unrust my bearings?
« on: March 18, 2021, 05:12:42 PM »
my bearings got left in the water. what should i do to bring my swiss bearings back to life :(? they are rusty and dont spin at all

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: how to unrust my bearings?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »
my bearings got left in the water. what should i do to bring my swiss bearings back to life :(? they are rusty and dont spin at all

isopropyl alcohol, acetone or citrus cleaner - soak and shake well if there really rusty leave them in their for a couple of hours
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
An electric toothbrush might be a good bet for really scraping the rust off of them. Pair that with your usual bearing cleaning fluid, and it'll probably get the job done a lot faster.
-Summer of George-

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 11:19:11 AM »
When my bearings are rusted I typically soak them in WD-40, work the rust out of the treads with my fingers until they spin smoother, then clean the WD-40 out with rubbing alcohol and blow them dry with compressed air (I use an air compressor but canned air works too). I only do this if I think I have a chance of saving them, if they're completely seized it might be worth just getting a new set of bearings.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?