Author Topic: is nike cutting skate program soon?  (Read 62757 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: is nike cutting skate program soon?
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2021, 02:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
If a clip comes out, and I see too much swoosh on the dudes feet, I literally turn that shit off instantly, good skating/music or not. Can't stand that shit. Fucking gross eyesore.
[close]

That is the kind of comment that I think you will look back and feel a bit foolish that you wrote it.

Do you really think that honestly?

I think it

Genuinely

I wouldn't turn it off though. That's a bit far.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2021, 04:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If a clip comes out, and I see too much swoosh on the dudes feet, I literally turn that shit off instantly, good skating/music or not. Can't stand that shit. Fucking gross eyesore.
[close]

That is the kind of comment that I think you will look back and feel a bit foolish that you wrote it.

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

I mean I get thinking it, but really turning it off because of shoes.

I hate Nike’s bad moves in skateboarding in the past but not watching because of a noticeable logo on a shoe it’s a bit much.

Imaging not watching Osiris The Storm because the team were wearing Osiris shoes. Now those shoes were visually offensive.

What about Adidas? are they somehow not as offensive to you?

I find the 3 stripes to be a bit jarring because my mind associates Adidas with bike stealing chavs in the uk. It was definitely the brand of choose for those tracksuit wearing wannabe gangsters. But I would never turn off a gonz or suciu part because of what’s on their feet.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2021, 05:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

[close]

I hate Nike’s bad moves in skateboarding in the past but not watching because of a noticeable logo on a shoe it’s a bit much.

Imaging not watching Osiris The Storm because the team were wearing Osiris shoes. Now those shoes were visually offensive.

I find the 3 stripes to be a bit jarring because my mind associates Adidas with bike stealing chavs in the uk. It was definitely the brand of choose for those tracksuit wearing wannabe gangsters. But I would never turn off a gonz or suciu part because of what’s on their feet.

Wuuuuut

That's funny. I'm Irish and the scumbag choice of wear is Nike. I would have thought the same was for the UK
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JimGeko

« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

[close]

[close]

Wuuuuut

That's funny. I'm Irish and the scumbag choice of wear is Nike. I would have thought the same was for the UK

it might be Nike now. for a long time it was Adidas shoes with Adidas track. bottoms

I DON"T KNOW!

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2021, 08:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

between having to deal with them on the business side and them basically just saturating everything with 85% of clips that come out these days, yeah, i pretty much mean it. if it's a subtle small swoosh, ok, but that huge offensive looking one and  most of the dudes in the video are wearing them, i'm good. i actually don't like many dudes on the swoosh, so it's easy to avoid. i enjoy olson clips but generally, he goes with a small swoosh shoe a decent amount of the time.

but you're partially right, watched an independent clip recently and a couple dudes were wearing blazers and dunks, i didn't instantly turn it off.

JimGeko

« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2021, 08:21:26 AM »
between having to deal with them on the business side and them basically just saturating everything with 85% of clips that come out these days, yeah, i pretty much mean it

I can see your point now. If swoosh have left you with a bad taste in your mouth the I get it. And seeing them everywhere would be like rubbing it in.

I DON"T KNOW!

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2021, 10:25:11 AM »
This last convo got a chuckle out of me; I still haven't finished Nike's last video because there really is just too much swoosh on screen to stomach for me. Sucks because I love the way Mason, Ishod and Carlos skate.

Tangentially related, I genuinely miss watching Tiago skate in DC's, that just made so much sense aesthetically.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2021, 11:29:55 AM »
What are some recent Nike videos you’d recommend?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes but not all bad news.  They are relaunching Savier with BA as the TM, Tim O’Conner will be the creative director and Stefan will design an even better shoe.  Moving forward the core anti Nike folks will feel ok about buying Saviers much like hip youngsters feel good about buying cons currently
[close]

wut?
[close]
It’s a joke about how Nike financed savier and own cons.  BA, Stefan and O’Conner were all on savier.
[close]

do your homework
Do you think Nike didn’t finance savier and allow them access to all of their technology?  Currently Nike owns cons perhaps your homework is due. 

chrisskates808

« Reply #519 on: September 18, 2021, 09:33:25 AM »
No Janoski slip on anymore :/

Wtf is going on

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #520 on: September 18, 2021, 10:53:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

[close]

[close]

Wuuuuut

[close]

it might be Nike now. for a long time it was Adidas shoes with Adidas track. bottoms

Reebok classics are what all the smack heads/shoplifters wear in Wales, has ben for years and years

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #521 on: September 18, 2021, 10:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

[close]

[close]

Wuuuuut

[close]

[close]

Reebok classics are what all the smack heads/shoplifters wear in Wales, has ben for years and years

In Aus it's the worst pattern Canterbury or Nautica polo you can find with tiny shorts but definately Nike tuned airs,tiny Nike hat and Nike bum bag

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #522 on: September 18, 2021, 11:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think it

Genuinely

[close]

[close]

Wuuuuut

[close]

[close]

[close]

In Aus it's the worst pattern Canterbury or Nautica polo you can find with tiny shorts but definately Nike tuned airs,tiny Nike hat and Nike bum bag

Air Max TN is the number one selling Nike shoe in Australia. Its the official dboy shoe of the country.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2021, 02:15:55 PM »
Yes, with the rise of scooters skateboarding is no longer financially viable.  The are currently scouting the best underground German scooter legends.  The scooter division will be called Nike SS.  It stands for Nike street scooting.  Please don’t make this a Nazi reference and disrespect the street scooting scene

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #524 on: September 18, 2021, 03:09:04 PM »
We've had skate nazi's and surf nazi's, scooter nazi's can't be that far down the timeline.
Do any scooter guys get hooked up with shoes? I know vans has had BMX guys on forever, wonder if scooter pros get hooked up officially or on the DL.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2021, 03:24:02 PM »
We've had skate nazi's and surf nazi's, scooter nazi's can't be that far down the timeline.
Do any scooter guys get hooked up with shoes? I know vans has had BMX guys on forever, wonder if scooter pros get hooked up officially or on the DL.

“low key, all of us over at last resort AB love your triple tail whip fly outs, TylerScootsLive”

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2021, 04:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“low key, all of us over at last resort AB love your triple tail whip fly outs, TylerScootsLive”
Respect, I appreciate the props.  If things don’t work out with Nike SS I will DM you to see if I could represent last resort AB in any way, keep scooting raw in them streets!

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: September 18, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Respect, the appreciation means a lot.  If things don’t work out with my pending Nike SS deal I would love to represent last resort AB in any way possible.  Keep scooting raw in them streets!