Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178892 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #870 on: June 08, 2021, 09:32:32 AM »
Lol you are such a fucking moron.  The shit he posted could have literally saved some kids from a beat down or worse.  And your faulting him for that?  That’s his big crime? 

Truth hurts?  Don’t want to look in the mirror cause you know you and your friends were doing dirty? 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Burner Account

« Reply #871 on: June 08, 2021, 09:38:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, just created a profile.
Huge fan of slap. shalom, ya’ll.

This is what is aggravating as hell.
I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.

It doesn’t make business sense especially when topped with a local idiot of supreme fame to dictate if you do enough or not.

Which brings me to my next point... nakel, you suck.
Your entitlement is so far off the radar. To think that you should physically police what people wear and ride so that it’s tailored to your liking is disgusting. Fuck nakel and honestly fuck dill and Ave for letting this fly.
[close]

this sound like something a rich kid's fund advisors would tell him to get him to stop wasting his monthly trust payouts on a skate shop

Yep. That’s what a responsible business advisor would say.

But remember, “respect is positive and good”

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #872 on: June 08, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »
prob got beat up for rocking colored griptape

skate goat needs a whoopin w them cause there's only room for one goat in this town

okay noseslide bigspins aside, let me be real with you

Perhaps you could tap in w mike and resolve the situation like adults and see if you cant salvage this situation for both of yall if its not too late... talk to Dill or someone for guidance dude, I see a young man who is stressed, and struggling, I've been there dude its called your 20s. You still got skills im not gonna roast you any more cause you already seen the worst of it

Hear me out... Lotties x Neighbors collab w sponsor of A Dream Deffered.
Gear recycle program for kids in the area who cant afford new boards.
this not only brings a truce that helps both skaters, shop owners, and the local kids, but also gets your name out in a positive light and also promotes your brand. Make some blanks or shirts and hats (stickers are a must)
Get a skate demo for the kids, have people bring old gear and donate to the kids!
Maybe hook some of them up. Thats how you make change in your hood mayne!

A local shop does this w old trucks and wheels and its huge for a growing skate scene in the east end.
Shoutout to Beantooth Skateshop
Alright im making too much sense but Nak, that could be an amicable situation because continued beef is continued violence, and posturing that only hurts the very communities you wish to help.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #873 on: June 08, 2021, 09:45:30 AM »
warning his customers to not go where people are getting beat is sticking his nose in hood politics?

anyways, neighborhood looks legit and I hope its successful and the scene in your area has a solid shop for years to come. I'm not sure if a shop can do much about the violence but self policing is important in any scene. Look out for one another and don't just rely on "it's just the way it is" type thinking like nak is while criticizing everyone else.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #874 on: June 08, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Lol you are such a fucking moron.  The shit he posted could have literally saved some kids from a beat down or worse.  And your faulting him for that?  That’s his big crime? 

Truth hurts?  Don’t want to look in the mirror cause you know you and your friends were doing dirty?
[close]
lol "doing dirty" old ass man

I actually posted a couple things bout why the locals don't fuck with lotties but you too stupid to go actually look and only read what you wanna read

just another stupid idiot not from our area speaking on our area

you prolly from Kentucky or some shit

Let's not pretend like the problem solely exists because of the shop, or since the shop opened.

I'm close enough to skate to Lottie's without breaking a sweat but I don't live in West Adams. Crazy. LA is a big city and there are hundreds of neighborhoods where locals like you live in some mental bubble that only you deserve the right to lay claim. Lol.

Burner Account

« Reply #875 on: June 08, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
Expand Quote

I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.

It doesn’t make business sense especially when topped with a local idiot of supreme fame to dictate if you do enough or not.

Which brings me to my next point... nakel, you suck.
Your entitlement is so far off the radar. To think that you should physically police what people wear and ride so that it’s tailored to your liking is disgusting. Fuck nakel and honestly fuck dill and Ave for letting this fly.
[close]
Hey mike here’s your apology

I’m definitely not mike but I don’t see where he asked for an apology or a whoa is me. He just kinda said fuck this and dipped.
Nakel is the one having a public melt down, drinking liquor from a recycled water bottle and wearing silver pants for “the pain”.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #876 on: June 08, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
Expand Quote
warning his customers to not go where people are getting beat is sticking his nose in hood politics?

anyways, neighborhood looks legit and I hope its successful and the scene in your area has a solid shop for years to come.
[close]
warning hispanic kids to stay away from a mostly black skate park as a white guy

why he gotta specifically look out for hispanic kids only? why not all kids? y'all missin the fuckin point. its not about him tryin to stop kids from gettin beat up. cool that's great. thanks mike. its about him only lookin out for one certain types of kid while pointing the finger at others for being the problem. while also not doin shit to help but postin on insta.
I get insta flexing is not enough but when I asked you (a local thats from your area) what there is to be done and its "it's just what happens, idk." If it is your area, it is only up to you guys to make it better. Hopefully the new shop helps with that. As for Lotties, he looks out for his customers and that's business. It's cold but it is what it is.

Curious, did you go into lotties and get told to get lost, or did you and other locals just never go in there cause you didn't like what you saw?

Also for a guy with @thatsonme as a handle, everything wrong in the industry is often on @everyoneelse

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #877 on: June 08, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »
Summer rains, you can never predict them.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #878 on: June 08, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »
Expand Quote

anyways, neighborhood looks legit and I hope its successful and the scene in your area has a solid shop for years to come. I'm not sure if a shop can do much about the violence but self policing is important in any scene. Look out for one another and don't just rely on "it's just the way it is" type thinking like nak is while criticizing everyone else.
[close]
warning hispanic kids to stay away from a mostly black skate park as a white guy

why he gotta specifically look out for hispanic kids only? why not all kids? y'all missin the fuckin point. its not about him tryin to stop kids from gettin beat up. cool that's great. thanks mike. its about him only lookin out for one certain types of kid while pointing the finger at others for bein the problem. while also not doin shit to help but postin on insta.

What’s race gotta do with it though? An adult who knows better is advising kids to avoid a potentially dangerous situation, that’s what adults are supposed to do doofus.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Burner Account

« Reply #879 on: June 08, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

why he gotta specifically look out for hispanic kids only? why not all kids? y'all missin the fuckin point. its not about him tryin to stop kids from gettin beat up. cool that's great. thanks mike. its about him only lookin out for one certain types of kid while pointing the finger at others for bein the problem. while also not doin shit to help but postin on insta.

If only a certain type of kid is getting jumped by a another certain type of kid... he should turn into a patron saint for all kids?!?!

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #880 on: June 08, 2021, 10:06:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

anyways, neighborhood looks legit and I hope its successful and the scene in your area has a solid shop for years to come.
[close]

why he gotta specifically look out for hispanic kids only? why not all kids? y'all missin the fuckin point. its not about him tryin to stop kids from gettin beat up. cool that's great. thanks mike. its about him only lookin out for one certain types of kid while pointing the finger at others for being the problem. while also not doin shit to help but postin on insta.
[close]
I get insta flexing is not enough but when I asked you (a local thats from your area) what there is to be done and its "it's just what happens, idk." If it is your area, it is only up to you guys to make it better. Hopefully the new shop helps with that. As for Lotties, he looks out for his customers and that's business. It's cold but it is what it is.

Curious, did you go into lotties and get told to get lost, or did you and other locals just never go in there cause you didn't like what you saw?

Also for a guy with @thatsonme as a handle, everything wrong in the industry is often on @everyoneelse
[close]
I said I dunno what the solution is but at the same time I'm not a shop owner who makes money off sellin product to kids in the hood if I was id prolly try to do more to help than just post on insta and complain

lotties is known for being some pretentious shit he stay treatin people diff based off how they look if he don't think ur cool by his standards then he don't show respect everyone in the area knows that regardless of whatever some kid visitin town from the middle of nowhere told you on slap about his trip to lotties on his family vacation

Sounds like Supreme's blueprint...

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #881 on: June 08, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »
can anyone link me to the shit that mike posted regarding warning kids about the skatepark? im missing this vital piece of context and this thread is moving too quick

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #882 on: June 08, 2021, 10:17:30 AM »

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #883 on: June 08, 2021, 10:18:09 AM »
Could have been the Triads bro.

All this aside read my previous post and think about solutions. We have had the airing of grievances, now work on how you can help the situation besides calling someone out. Your heart is in the right place but you going about this all wrong. I get it you wanna stick up for black skaters or any skaters from your area and you feel like Lotties was in the wrong pointing fingers without offering solutions
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Burner Account

« Reply #884 on: June 08, 2021, 10:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.

I’m a corporate attorney. Shut up.

south_central_323

« Reply #885 on: June 08, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
Could have been the Triads bro.

All this aside read my previous post and think about solutions. We have had the airing of grievances, now work on how you can help the situation besides calling someone out. Your heart is in the right place but you going about this all wrong. I get it you wanna stick up for black skaters or any skaters from your area and you feel like Lotties was in the wrong pointing fingers without offering solutions
we tryin our best. we been tryin for years before lotties was even over here. the way y'all make lotties seem like its some spot that does so much for the hood is funny as hell. he closed and ran the sec shit got dangerous. where tf did he think he was openin? Beverly Hills? he the one who was making the bread off us so maybe he the one who should have some "solutions"

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #886 on: June 08, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »
I don't know much about lotties and their relationship w the neighborhood. Not trying to continue busting your balls cause we got 1000 other dudes who will.

Just look at what you can do man.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #887 on: June 08, 2021, 10:25:30 AM »
Why won’t you tell us about Jonah Hill?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #888 on: June 08, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »
can anyone link me to the shit that mike posted regarding warning kids about the skatepark? im missing this vital piece of context and this thread is moving too quick

Mike made a post saying "Hey kids, be careful going to 'this park (forget the name)' a bunch of young latino kids have been getting jumped there". Not really making it about race at all, a perfectly fare post to make. Doesn't say "There's black kids beating up latino kids at the park". From everything I've seen on this Nakel and his crew seem like certified fucking idiots.

The Lotties x Neighbors talk, I don't know anything about but it's not unreasonable for a shop to protect their account with brands if a new shop comes into the area.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #889 on: June 08, 2021, 10:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What’s race gotta do with it though? An adult who knows better is advising kids to avoid a potentially dangerous situation, that’s what adults are supposed to do doofus.
[close]
I dunno why don't you ask mike he the one who made it about race only lookin out for mexican kids while pointin the finger at black kids as the problem. if u can't see why that made the locals mad then whatever. he said don't go to this specific park and everyone was like what why. we be at that park everyday skatin. yeah there is problems sometimes but that's everywhere. that's LA. if I had it my way it would be the safe all the time. we clean up and shit. we do what we can. my only thing is if you gonna speak on it you better have some action to back it up. not just close up shop and run likea bitch.

Where does he say if your Hispanic don’t go to this park? Is there proof of that or are you just projecting some racial issue on this when it was mike just bring like kids don’t go here spot us hot and you may get jumped. I also doubt he said it was a specific race doing the jumping. Mike soft for closing up shop. Nak is an insufferable person. But do you not like lotties cause you didn’t get to pet his dog or what? Did you get vibed out or did you even go in to check it out and say what’s up in shop in your area?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:42:17 AM by Murge »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #890 on: June 08, 2021, 10:40:13 AM »
Love, love, loving this spicy thread.
Straight up fire one hundred!
Feel me?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #891 on: June 08, 2021, 10:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with some instances of something like this actually happening.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1243
« Reply #892 on: June 08, 2021, 10:47:04 AM »
at the end of the day one of these dudes can be angry and go make mxpx album artwork, and the other can be angry and make awful hip hop, with two tone hair

thats all i got let it burn

Burner Account

« Reply #893 on: June 08, 2021, 11:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with some instances of something like this actually happening.

It’s not hard at all. My time is billable though.. jk.
Brother I’ve sued and have been sued for less.
True.
Most of these cases will never make it to court.
 A judge couldn’t care less. Honestly, I couldnt care less half the time but I would have an absolute field day as a families attorney suing a lotties right now.
Especially if that kid was told to open the shop got himself tore up in the parking AFTER stating that he felt unsafe.

It’s the real world. I hate it and I’m sorry but that’s the reality of liability claims.

If this is totally unrealistic then you should have no problem pointing to cases similar to this that have been so prejudicially dismissed... am I right?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #894 on: June 08, 2021, 11:11:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True.
 A judge couldn’t care less. Honestly, I couldnt care less half the time but I would have an absolute field day as a families attorney suing a lotties right now.
Especially if that kid was told to open the shop got himself tore up in the parking AFTER stating that he felt unsafe.

It’s the real world. I hate it and I’m sorry but that’s the reality of liability claims.

If this is totally unrealistic then you should have no problem pointing to cases similar to this that have been so prejudicially dismissed... am I right?

So you have time to keep lurking this thread and give speeches about legality but not enough time to list a single example?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #895 on: June 08, 2021, 11:17:08 AM »
you're a massive piece of shit, nakel

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #896 on: June 08, 2021, 11:17:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True.

[close]
Lotties has the funds and lawyers to crush you

You wouldn't stand a chance against his millions on millions

i dont think a lot of states allow for this kind of tort liability against employers. i'm pretty sure in most/many places claims for damages with this kind of liability can only be brought through a workers comp.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Burner Account

« Reply #897 on: June 08, 2021, 11:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That is what I meant with my comment. This info sounds sort of legit but is not true at all. It sounds like something someones dad would tell them to dissuade them from opening a store in "the hood". to me the real interesting story here is the story arc of Succession that is happening behind the scenes
[/quote

Good area, bad area, hood or the hills... these are all moot points.
I’m trying to simplify this for the Nak-minded and because well, this is slap and not law school.

I could really take you down a notch but that wouldn’t be respectful.

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #898 on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:31 AM »
If Mike is that rich then fair play, i wish I was rich... That's all I can take away from this thread.

Although the bit about judging people in a shop, that's standard and one of the best bits about working in a shop. In the guitar shop I judge people all the time. Not especially proud of it but you do, it happens, it's fun. They play "stairway" you ask them if they're looking to purchase or usher to put it back.

So I've taken away 2 things. Owning a shop and judging people is fun and being rich must be awesome. Go Mike

Burner Account

« Reply #899 on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True.

[close]

So you have time to keep lurking this thread and give speeches about legality but not enough time to list a single example?

I’m on lunch.