Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 310370 times)

WavyDavy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 126
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1320 on: August 27, 2021, 12:49:57 PM »

Luan's got like 1500 different tricks and went with a fs360 as special trick (?) LOL

yeah, he did tricks like sw fs 540 or sw 360 big heel in old batbs

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1321 on: August 27, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
Expand Quote

Luan's got like 1500 different tricks and went with a fs360 as special trick (?) LOL
[close]

Is he still pro for Fleep? If so, perhaps he’s resigned himself to his fate & having done so, can only muster a commensurate amount of effort.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #1322 on: August 27, 2021, 01:53:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Is he still pro for Fleep? If so, perhaps he’s resigned himself to his fate & having done so, can only muster a commensurate amount of effort.

commited 4LYFE, whice (to me) is a shame.

Could see him in a better place (dont ask me where)

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #1323 on: August 27, 2021, 02:41:25 PM »
Man I opened up youtube and one of the first suggestions was a video (not even one posted in this thread) completely dedicated to ripping into this dude. At the risk of sounding like a sap, I think this is veering into some cyber bullying territory. Like it's some kinda kooky dude who had his first time getting a wide audience who probably had his ego boosted a little too much in his local scene. He came across a bit cocky and took it a little too seriously, but the way he's being attacked seems so disproportionate. It's a little beyond ego checking him now. Even the fact he's turned off comments. Dude's in his early 20s and probably having a massive anxiety attack about this.

Seems preachy I know, but he's a human, and his fuck ups were pretty minor in the big scheme of things going on in skating - let alone the world - at the moment. I dunno. Have some humanity. He rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the clip too, but after seeing the aftermath I feel bad for the guy. Must be having a real rough time right now.
I haven't been following battle of the berrics and the same shit happened to me.  First video I saw was a slander video.  I clicked on it, and now I got another video in my feed from the creator of the slander video.  The youtube guy is a total douche bag. Sorry for posting this bullshit, but maybe we can all tell him to lay off, and get a life.  The Sean kid was kind of a kook, but this youtube guy is ten times worse.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1324 on: August 27, 2021, 02:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Man I opened up youtube and one of the first suggestions was a video (not even one posted in this thread) completely dedicated to ripping into this dude. At the risk of sounding like a sap, I think this is veering into some cyber bullying territory. Like it's some kinda kooky dude who had his first time getting a wide audience who probably had his ego boosted a little too much in his local scene. He came across a bit cocky and took it a little too seriously, but the way he's being attacked seems so disproportionate. It's a little beyond ego checking him now. Even the fact he's turned off comments. Dude's in his early 20s and probably having a massive anxiety attack about this.

Seems preachy I know, but he's a human, and his fuck ups were pretty minor in the big scheme of things going on in skating - let alone the world - at the moment. I dunno. Have some humanity. He rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the clip too, but after seeing the aftermath I feel bad for the guy. Must be having a real rough time right now.
[close]
I haven't been following battle of the berrics and the same shit happened to me.  First video I saw was a slander video.  I clicked on it, and now I got another video in my feed from the creator of the slander video.  The youtube guy is a total douche bag. Sorry for posting this bullshit, but maybe we can all tell him to lay off, and get a life.  The Sean kid was kind of a kook, but this youtube guy is ten times worse.

That skate informant guy looks like a down market P-Rod & his “Did you miss me? I missed you” schtick feels as inauthentic as silicon boobies.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1325 on: August 27, 2021, 03:01:26 PM »
You start feeling almost bad for the guy when the whole TMZ-of-skating youtube crew starts a feeding frenzy over some undercooked berries beef.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1326 on: August 27, 2021, 03:06:38 PM »
You start feeling almost bad for the guy when the whole TMZ-of-skating youtube crew starts a feeding frenzy over some undercooked berries beef.
Nah, tho...
The REAL beef ought to be over those shitty 360 shuvs masquerading as impossibles.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1327 on: August 27, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
Why did I open this hellpit

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1328 on: August 27, 2021, 03:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, tho...
The REAL beef ought to be over those shitty 360 shuvs masquerading as impossibles.

Correct IMO but that's on the refs I guess. That shit wouldn't fly in a game of skate at a Walmart parking lot. People should be calling out the reffing of that game more than Davis's attitude. I think the drama is slightly misdirected. Any ref worth their whistle would've asked WTF the trick was.

They viewed two angles of an obviously non-existent toe-drag, but then couple tricks later took Davis on his word that his steezy pop shuv-it was some underflip magic without any further investigation or replay. That's quite some bull. This whole game had bad reffing all around.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1329 on: August 27, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, tho...
[close]

Correct IMO but that's on the refs I guess. That shit wouldn't fly in a game of skate at a Walmart parking lot. People should be calling out the reffing of that game more than Davis's attitude. I think the drama is slightly misdirected. Any ref worth their whistle would've asked WTF the trick was.

They viewed two angles of an obviously non-existent toe-drag, but then couple tricks later took Davis on his word that his steezy pop shuv-it was some underflip magic without any further investigation or replay. That's quite some bull. This whole game had bad reffing all around.
Throwing a red flag because you clearly don't have a switch tre is really childish. It's like some video game exploit shit. Sure it was legal but it was still cheese. Leave the man to his flyouts.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1330 on: August 27, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
This should be nice

[close]

worst moustaches in the game holy shit, still like their skating tho.

He probably chose that trick so he could get that "death blow" segment over quickly.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1331 on: August 27, 2021, 05:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote
These influencers / Tiktok scarecrows need reality checks from time to time
More like consequences of being an attention whore rather than bullying
that's what you get
[close]
+1^
You gonna be in the public eye, then be ready to have the public up yer azz.
I’ll dox him. Here watch: dude’s name is Sean, he comes across as a prick, looks like the Nickleback singer, and can be found hanging at the Venice skatepark selling Cumorama shoes.
I have a lot less sympathy for the dudes that choose to be on the wrong side of history; this goof is shilling for the Borrics, fer crying’ out loud.
Besides, he’ll probably be fine. Thanks to me doxxing his ass just now, the next time Company X, Y, or Z is looking to add a rider with the 27th “fastest feet in skateboarding,” they’ll know to head straight to Venice park where he’ll be bumming cigarette “shorts” of people & picking the lice from his beard.

I don’t think you know what “doxing” means, grandpa.

I’m not sure exactly what it is either, but I DO know it’s some type of computer prank the young people are doing. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1332 on: August 27, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that's what you get
[close]
+1^
I’ll dox him. Here watch: dude’s name is Sean, he comes across as a prick, looks like the Nickleback singer, and can be found hanging at the Venice skatepark selling Cumorama shoes.
I have a lot less sympathy for the dudes that choose to be on the wrong side of history; this goof is shilling for the Borrics, fer crying’ out loud.
Besides, he’ll probably be fine. Thanks to me doxxing his ass just now, the next time Company X, Y, or Z is looking to add a rider with the 27th “fastest feet in skateboarding,” they’ll know to head straight to Venice park where he’ll be bumming cigarette “shorts” of people & picking the lice from his beard.
[close]

I’m not sure exactly what it is either, but I DO know it’s some type of computer prank the young people are doing.
Doctor says I gotta stick to Dox Light & Diet Dox, on account of my liver/spleen/guts/left lung.
That was about all I could muster.
Plus, I don’t hate the guy. He’s just a doofus who’s only other marketable life skill as a working as stunt double for John Ponts in the upcoming Disney remakes of old Creature videos.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:02:35 PM by Lou Strux »

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #1333 on: August 27, 2021, 08:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that's what you get
[close]
+1^
[close]

I’m pretty sure it’s when your friends call the swat team on you for laughs.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1334 on: August 27, 2021, 11:27:49 PM »

i agree with you. sean davis is a bitch, but all of these people making these videos are (to me) just pulling this whole “look at me i don’t like this guy either! i’m cool too right? right you guys? i’m cool right?” and it’s pretty annoying it’s like we get it dude you watched the same video we all watched and liked and tried to make your own and it didn’t work.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1335 on: August 28, 2021, 01:14:53 AM »
Yeah, dunno if I'm being melodramatic or whatever, but feels like this dude's getting an overwhelming amount of negative attention for some fuck ups that are pretty minor compared to some lately (nazi shit, homophobic shit, predatory sexual shit, etc). It's like a full blown character assassination on the grounds that he's a bit of a kook.

I think it's easy to assume he's an arrogant fuck, but it's also likely he's pretty insecure and lacks self-awareness. Especially going by his reactions - disabling comments, pulling out of the panic rematch etc... Seems like he doesn't know how to deal with this. Considering the growing awareness of mental health shit in skating lately, I reckon people should think twice about this kind of lynch mob shit. How someone acts in one situation/is portrayed doesn't necessarily reflect their everyday behaviour, much less their true nature. We have no idea how stable this dude is. And anxiety, depression, and suicide are getting way to common.

Not targeting Slap either, more the Youtube clips and apparent social media abuse. Having an opinion is fine, but this lynch mob shit makes me worry about the dude. Hopefully he just gets a reality check and pops his bigspins and wraps his impossibles in future.

Luan vs Asta is gonna be dope. Almost jarring after these Joes and influencers.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1336 on: August 28, 2021, 02:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that's what you get
[close]
+1^
[close]

[close]

I’m pretty sure it’s when your friends call the swat team on you for laughs.

Doxing is posting someone's home adress online
Swatting  is calling the swat team on someone, usually it happens to streamer as the prankers want to see it happens live. Most of the they pretend to be the guy streaming and say stuff like "I have an hostage" or "I killed my wife blablabla"
check my music

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1337 on: August 28, 2021, 02:46:04 AM »
check my music

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1338 on: August 28, 2021, 05:13:30 AM »
Yeah, dunno if I'm being melodramatic or whatever, but feels like this dude's getting an overwhelming amount of negative attention for some fuck ups that are pretty minor compared to some lately (nazi shit, homophobic shit, predatory sexual shit, etc). It's like a full blown character assassination on the grounds that he's a bit of a kook.

I think it's easy to assume he's an arrogant fuck, but it's also likely he's pretty insecure and lacks self-awareness. Especially going by his reactions - disabling comments, pulling out of the panic rematch etc... Seems like he doesn't know how to deal with this. Considering the growing awareness of mental health shit in skating lately, I reckon people should think twice about this kind of lynch mob shit. How someone acts in one situation/is portrayed doesn't necessarily reflect their everyday behaviour, much less their true nature. We have no idea how stable this dude is. And anxiety, depression, and suicide are getting way to common.

Not targeting Slap either, more the Youtube clips and apparent social media abuse. Having an opinion is fine, but this lynch mob shit makes me worry about the dude. Hopefully he just gets a reality check and pops his bigspins and wraps his impossibles in future.

Luan vs Asta is gonna be dope. Almost jarring after these Joes and influencers.
Yes, you are being melodramatic. I haven’t seen anyone assassinate his character, or ask to cancel him, have his sponsors drop him or say that venice should ban him or something like that. Now, I haven’t read IG comments, but they were turned off so I couldn’t even if I wanted to and surely someone there has said something mean at some point because they always do, but the Youtube videos are about the Berrics video analyzing it like some lame TMZ Sports shit. I didn’t even see anyone bring up any other lame shit from his IG to make him look worse, and they easily could have.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1339 on: August 28, 2021, 05:18:36 AM »
Since these dudes fanbases seem to live in the interwebs, it was blown out of proportion. I doubt there would have been an uproar outside this thread and the bench at the skatepark where the old guys sit if these were pros or ”icons” instead.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1340 on: August 28, 2021, 08:14:56 AM »
Since these dudes fanbases seem to live in the interwebs, it was blown out of proportion. I doubt there would have been an uproar outside this thread and the bench at the skatepark where the old guys sit if these were pros or ”icons” instead.
I don’t waste much time sitting around when I’m at the park (which is next to never, ‘cause them skreets is calling) but when I do sit down, I can assure you that absolutely zero percent of nobody is discussing this Sean dude, or the Berrics. It’s more like a IRL version of the shoes & gear bloard, actually.
Def none BATB talk going on, though. Trust.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 288
« Reply #1341 on: August 28, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »

What a refreshing change of pace. Tricks done clean and landed in a competent manner.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1342 on: August 28, 2021, 08:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don’t waste much time sitting around when I’m at the park (which is next to never, ‘cause them skreets is calling) but when I do sit down, I can assure you that absolutely zero percent of nobody is discussing this Sean dude, or the Berrics. It’s more like a IRL version of the shoes & gear bloard, actually.
Def none BATB talk going on, though. Trust.
I meant it in the way that if it was like a Busenitz vs Cole match it wouldn’t be talked about on youtube but maybe at the park

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1343 on: August 28, 2021, 08:28:03 AM »
I will never stop beeing amazed by Luan's flatground skill and style, fucking insane
check my music

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1344 on: August 28, 2021, 08:34:07 AM »
crazy switch front 3 but what the fuck is sway energy

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1345 on: August 28, 2021, 08:36:00 AM »
I will never stop beeing amazed by Luan's flatground skill and style, fucking insane
Right?!?
Plus he pops & stomps each trick like then shots owe him money.
I’ve always enjoyed dude’s flat game.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1346 on: August 28, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
That's the level of skating we expect from BATB, none of that influencer BS.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1347 on: August 28, 2021, 09:24:14 AM »
What a pretty looking game.
Must be nice to be able to do flip tricks like either one of those dudes.
I have a feeling Luan wasn’t even trying at his full capability and he was still able to pull all that shit out. With how the influencers games have been going so far I don’t see any of them standing even a slight chance against the Luans and Joslins of the pro’s bracket.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1348 on: August 28, 2021, 09:26:28 AM »
GOT DAMN Luan's popped his half cab flip as though he was trying to go over an NYC trash can!

IpathCats

« Reply #1349 on: August 28, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
Luan and asta have insane flatground game. Luan has no chill, everything was popped so high. Was crazy to see him sweep Tom as soon as it was his set.