Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65943 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Screw you Daan....now I have a reason to just call you Euro Trash
[close]

I mean let's be fair there should be a place to be conservative or right-wing in skateboarding, I do feel like being homophobic, sexist, racist or a (harmful) conspiracy theorist should not.

Daan seems to be the latter and the 18 loves him for it.

*Also shouldn't by logic Aussies be Euro-Trash?
[close]

These things go hand in hand, being conservative/right-wing very quickly devolves into anti-gay/anti-minority nearly immediately
[close]

I don't know if I agree, being left-wing doesn't automatically lead you to become a member of Antifa or a Stalinist organizing show trials, does it? Daan seems to be on the more anti-gay etc scope of things but there are current right-wing philosophers or thinkers that make some sense even if you don't agree (Peter Slooterdijk for instance).
[close]

That seems like quite a reach to me dude. I've never heard of this sloot guy and for every one of him there's a million Jordan Petersons who cry about the "breakdown of the traditional family" which is just code for being anti gay marriage/pro cis het monogamy.
[close]

Not saying the slope doesn't exist but I don't think it is accurate to argue that it is is some sort of majority worldwide. If I would have to view it like you seem to be presenting it, it would seem to me that we are so polarized that there is no political center anymore on the spectrum.

I think having a political center is a pipe dream. Especially in this country where things are so polarized by the right ward shift of politics since the Reagan years. What is there to compromise on this front with the right wing? Our position is that LGBTQ people deserve dignity and that we should combat systemic discrimination against them in public and private life. Their position is that it's "a lifestyle choice" and a sin and that it's damaging to children to be adopted by same sex couples. Where's the center on that issue? That they should only have a little dignity and we should hide their existence as much as possible to not offend right wing people?

mclovin1336

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean let's be fair there should be a place to be conservative or right-wing in skateboarding, I do feel like being homophobic, sexist, racist or a (harmful) conspiracy theorist should not.

[close]

These things go hand in hand, being conservative/right-wing very quickly devolves into anti-gay/anti-minority nearly immediately
[close]

I don't know if I agree, being left-wing doesn't automatically lead you to become a member of Antifa or a Stalinist organizing show trials, does it? Daan seems to be on the more anti-gay etc scope of things but there are current right-wing philosophers or thinkers that make some sense even if you don't agree (Peter Slooterdijk for instance).
[close]

That seems like quite a reach to me dude. I've never heard of this sloot guy and for every one of him there's a million Jordan Petersons who cry about the "breakdown of the traditional family" which is just code for being anti gay marriage/pro cis het monogamy.
[close]

Not saying the slope doesn't exist but I don't think it is accurate to argue that it is is some sort of majority worldwide. If I would have to view it like you seem to be presenting it, it would seem to me that we are so polarized that there is no political center anymore on the spectrum.

this may be a bit far away from the original topic, but this might interest you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremism_of_the_centre
according to this theory, fascism/ right extremists dont come out of nowhere, fascism is not a revolution but a slow and steady process that'll become attractive for middle to upper class people (often conservative, as they try to "protect" their status quo)

conqueso

« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2021, 02:40:16 PM »
When the white american guy kelled his friend for drive drunk dudes here said, 'I hope he back on skating soon", "Im glad he is backin at skating".

This was a shit post, but cmon, call him homophobic and try to cancel his career is an activism wich need to stop. In internet days is pretty ease to be an activist, but in real life what are you doing for LGBTQ+ community? A lot of them are homelesses and and whore themselves.

lmao....you really had me till the end there

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2021, 02:40:36 PM »
is it just me or do europeans just think they can get away with saying anything? to me this is along the lines of the "no homo" Nikola Jokic thing , they're even the same age

Yes, it's you.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2021, 02:48:47 PM »
Expand Quote
is it just me or do europeans just think they can get away with saying anything? to me this is along the lines of the "no homo" Nikola Jokic thing , they're even the same age
[close]

Yes, it's you.

Yeah for sure, the euros aren't up to anything suspicious

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, it's you.
[close]

Are you really pontificating on racial issues in a different country.... As a white American male.

I've seen it all now.

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, it's you.
[close]

[close]

Are you really pontificating on racial issues in a different country.... As a white American male.

I've seen it all now.

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm just pointing out that they got their issues too. Whole lotta Dutch people get real mad when you suggest they put the shoe polish away

villains

• Rep: -31
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
Slap cancelling Europe.

Yeah dude the slap taliban picnic is coming to destroy western culture and make Europe gay

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2021, 03:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Instead of wishing that a skateboarders career should end , how about trying to ask Daan what he means with his post? You might find that  he did not put so much thought into this.

There is another side of this and that is the right of free  free speech. I think we'll all agrre that It is important to be able to say things that might offend others.  That includes both "gay-propaganda" and to question said propaganda.

The way forward is not through censorship but dialogue.

Love
[close]

Freedom of speech means you can say what you want. Which he did. It does not mean that you are free of repercussions and everybody just has to accept your bullshit.
[close]

Certainly not. What im grying to say is that you could help him understand instead of trying to hurt him back. Dont you think people can change to the better?
[close]

I do but how would he ever know he fucked up if nobody challenged what he said?

Agreed, we must let him know he commited wrongthink

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2021, 04:12:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, it's you.
[close]

[close]

I've seen it all now.

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂
[close]

I'm just pointing out that they got their issues too. Whole lotta Dutch people get real mad when you suggest they put the shoe polish away

Japan and Korea too, when I was in japan in '09 I was super triggered by the ads that came on public TV's

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
I dunno why we’re all supposed to get empathetic when some dude fucks up. It’s always on everyone else to try to understand. Guess what- I don’t know him personally so even if I were to happen to run into him IRL and I said “hey man, let’s have a beer and talk about why you don’t like gay people “ he’s gonna say “no thanks.”
(At best!).

Empathy is great but unless you’re his friend it doesn’t mean shit and it starts to sound like making excuses. It’s 2021, if he doesn’t know better it’s because he doesn’t want to. Fuck this dude.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2021, 04:28:17 PM »
So have any sponsors dropped the dumb fuck or is skating still every faschos bestie? Enter the Jay Adams / Jesse / D Way defenders. As if the fact that we're celebrating embracing the queer community in fucking 2021 isn't already enough of a joke.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, it's you.
[close]

[close]

I've seen it all now.

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I'm not European or American. But, Europe has a history of serious integration issues and upward social mobility among non-white immigrants and their children. Countries like Belgium, France, and the Dutch have long histories of colonizing Africa, and America has the stain of slavery.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • old and in the way
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2021, 05:21:40 PM »
When the white american guy kelled his friend for drive drunk dudes here said, 'I hope he back on skating soon", "Im glad he is backin at skating".

This was a shit post, but cmon, call him homophobic and try to cancel his career is an activism wich need to stop. In internet days is pretty ease to be an activist, but in real life what are you doing for LGBTQ+ community? A lot of them are homelesses and and whore themselves.

Dude, fuck you.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2021, 05:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude, fuck you.
Seriously.

Yeah, Cory totally got off scot-free. Didn't lose his highest-paying sponsor or 4 years of his freedom. Let alone the mental anguish of making a mistake like that. Cory earned a 2nd chance from society.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2021, 06:56:53 PM »

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:55 PM »
I think it's interesting seeing how many people are defending Daan on Insta, fair enough it's probably mostly trolls and a couple of kids trying to be edge lords but I think we have to come to terms with the fact that skateboarding is no longer and inherently leftwing/outsider/tolerant/open minded pastime. We're currently in the middle of the Fourth big wave of skating (70's/80's back to the future/police academy wave/90s Tony hawk wave and now Olympics etc) and with these waves brings a lot more people who wouldn't normally pick what was considered to be an outsider hobby. Looking back on the Jason Jessee incident, there are A LOT of guys in their 40s with a wall full of 80s/reissue boards who all think what he's been up to is fine and probably agree with Daan about LGBTQ issues being brought to the forefront being too much to take. There are also a lot of similar people from the Tony Hawk boom who are getting old enough to share the same viewpoints (I know it's a generalisation but most of the right wing/Quanon/Pro Trump accounts I see posting on skate pages seem to be guys aged 25-50). It's the same reason that Nazi shop that has a head on here can exist and the same reason Indy/Santa Cruz etc do so well. I think we'e reaching a point now where there will be a few companies who are open about supporting this stuff and will do well cos there's such a big consumer base for them. Can't see the major sports brands allowing riders to publicly have these opinions but there will definitely be some hardware/apparel brands popping up. Rollers seems to be going that way of a right wing edge lord image, they won't be the last or the biggest I don't think.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2021, 07:30:10 PM »
Some dude on Daan’s insta trying to argue that Daan is actually descended from Lenin, and his post is somehow a very deep and critical take on US new-colonial queer lifestyle politics,

It’s fuckin’ weird.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2021, 08:12:06 PM »
Some dude on Daan’s insta trying to argue that Daan is actually descended from Lenin, and his post is somehow a very deep and critical take on US new-colonial queer lifestyle politics,

It’s fuckin’ weird.

That's a very cooked theory

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2021, 08:27:12 PM »
I think it's interesting seeing how many people are defending Daan on Insta, fair enough it's probably mostly trolls and a couple of kids trying to be edge lords but I think we have to come to terms with the fact that skateboarding is no longer and inherently leftwing/outsider/tolerant/open minded pastime. We're currently in the middle of the Fourth big wave of skating (70's/80's back to the future/police academy wave/90s Tony hawk wave and now Olympics etc) and with these waves brings a lot more people who wouldn't normally pick what was considered to be an outsider hobby. Looking back on the Jason Jessee incident, there are A LOT of guys in their 40s with a wall full of 80s/reissue boards who all think what he's been up to is fine and probably agree with Daan about LGBTQ issues being brought to the forefront being too much to take. There are also a lot of similar people from the Tony Hawk boom who are getting old enough to share the same viewpoints (I know it's a generalisation but most of the right wing/Quanon/Pro Trump accounts I see posting on skate pages seem to be guys aged 25-50). It's the same reason that Nazi shop that has a head on here can exist and the same reason Indy/Santa Cruz etc do so well. I think we'e reaching a point now where there will be a few companies who are open about supporting this stuff and will do well cos there's such a big consumer base for them. Can't see the major sports brands allowing riders to publicly have these opinions but there will definitely be some hardware/apparel brands popping up. Rollers seems to be going that way of a right wing edge lord image, they won't be the last or the biggest I don't think.

u dont got to be a white nationalist on 4chan to be homophobic the soprano luh jfk cus he was catholic and they were racist homophobic masogonist but they don canali so i back them

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude, you're going to act like Sloterdijk (I'll be the first to write his name correctly because I give a shit) is not a protofacist right-wing reactionary that actually is not a bigot? He is basically just a European Jordan Peterson.

(And it's because right wing ideology is bad. That's why those two are bad and why we should stop pretending conserv atives are worth our time)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2021, 08:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, it's you.
[close]

[close]

I've seen it all now.

Lol 😂😂😂😂😂😂
[close]
I'm not European or American. But, Europe has a history of serious integration issues and upward social mobility among non-white immigrants and their children. Countries like Belgium, France, and the Dutch have long histories of colonizing Africa, and America has the stain of slavery.

Seriously, yes this country fought a fucking war over slavery and I'm constantly critical of the continued racism in this country, but the idea that i can't criticize the motherfucking nations who revolutionized slavery and turned it into a giant industrial worldwide force because I'm American? Get the fuck out of here

Banned from the room

« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »
Maybe thinking about queer stuff quickens the pulse of the Daan.
All hot and brothered and ashamed so he acts out.

Maybe in the 80s they'd shave their head get some boots and braces and do shirtless drunk hugs with the homies. Then they grab each other by the back of the neck and join foreheads.

1/3 is what I've seen looking at EHS kooks back in the day.

They made stuff like this and put it in Metzger's paper

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »
Aah you go back far enough every area or country or genetic group or what have you done some shit we wouldn’t do now, times and trends and shit change
I think gay stuff was pretty chill if you were one of those ancient Greeks or Romans and probably other places in time too

End of the day we all fall over and the same red shit comes out cunts need to chill out

It’s like that joke about gay marriage, like if you’re not down for it then don’t fucken marry a gay person and that’s like, your little way of sticking it to em
listen to cosmic psychos

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2021, 09:33:00 PM »
You guys all take the internet way too seriously.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »
I think gay stuff was pretty chill if you were one of those ancient Greeks or Romans and probably other places in time too
The way the ancient greeks and romans did it would get them cancelled these days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »
Yeah but they woulda had blokes on blokes, too
Alexander the Great was gay for sure he had the same boyfriend the whole time, like as if cunts didn’t know that at the time and they mustn’t have really cared

But yeah I googled that and I forgot about that, yeah the pedo stuffs pretty out there that’s not like a gay thing though that’s a pedo thing

Holy shit what if the Romans weren’t gay they were just genderfluid or whatever but they just didn’t have such a word back then
listen to cosmic psychos

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2021, 10:10:28 PM »
^ this guy says cunt more than azealia banks

SourPatch MOY

• Rep: -30
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2021, 10:39:17 PM »