Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65970 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »

autisticskaterkowabunga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
  • im a gay bitch
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2021, 04:08:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This just in:

Daan is a follower of Donald Trump's IG.
[close]

haha 8)
[close]

Removed. Its Donald Trump Jr's IG.
He must be gay for him lol

biaherl

• Rep: 271
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2021, 04:11:19 PM »

#boycottDLX

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
Deluxe is the best, supporting Jake Donnelly, Robbie Brockel, & Daan as homophobes. Also Chima continues to film with a known rapist. Kyle Walker being suss too.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »
there's a difference between 'propaganda' and the departure from heteronormativity that we're experiencing as a culture.

A Sesame Street ad that features two dads is not queer propaganda, in the same way that an Oreo ad featuring a set of hetero parents is not straight propaganda.

That said, fuck Daan. Representation matters, and there's no big gay agenda out to get him. Times are changing, get with it or get the fuck out of the way

Explain this

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2021, 04:26:23 PM »
Expand Quote
“Just because your brother is gay does not mean he cant be a homphobe”

I get the dave chappelle black white supremacist bit was hilarious, but i wouldnt take the premise of it and use it as a sincere discussion point. It would just make you look a little silly.
[close]

This is bold, but you have failed to land a jab.

Your assumption that I am referencing a comedy skit is both misguided & false.

Who do you think perpetrates the murders of trans women? It's gay men - closeted or not - who both hate & fear us for being 'more out than them'. They desire us but are afraid of their desires. They hate us for not hating ourselves. We are scapegoats for the homophobia the world has forced upon them.

This is not about murders that happened in the '80s when less women were publically out & less men were publically gay. There are more of these murders than ever, today. Knowing this would require you to accept that trans & queer activists are emotionally charged with reason. Coroners clock us as men & it is as men that our families decide to mark our graves. Statistics will never defend us.

If you're not afraid of catching emotional cooties you can ask any trans person in your town why this not a joke. They will tell you the longer story. In the meantime, you cannot manipulate me because you don't view this is a problem. I do not look silly. You look heartless.

I didnt think you directly referenced the chappelle bit..

Im just saying the point you made is so dumb its identical to the chappelle bit but unintentionally funny.

A man going to the effort of marrying another man, is probably a solid sign, he isnt too fussed about people being themselves and liking other men.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2021, 04:38:09 PM »
Deluxe is the best, supporting Jake Donnelly, Robbie Brockel, & Daan as homophobes. Also Chima continues to film with a known rapist. Kyle Walker being suss too.

robbie???

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2021, 04:43:24 PM »
It's weird that Daan is seeing so much gay messaging or "propaganda." It's not something you encounter that frequently in your day-to-day life, is it? It's almost like he's seeking it out. Kinda reminds me of that old Onion article where the author is upset that all these homosexuals keep sucking his cock.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »
I for one am shocked that someone who hellrides for a company that uses a biker outlaw aesthetic and is comprised primarily of alcoholic straight white men while having a quasi fascistic logo, would say something ignorant.

Nailed it

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2021, 04:47:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

robbie???

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=102192.msg2900338#msg2900338

A nice refresher

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2021, 04:52:32 PM »
Expand Quote
there's a difference between 'propaganda' and the departure from heteronormativity that we're experiencing as a culture.

A Sesame Street ad that features two dads is not queer propaganda, in the same way that an Oreo ad featuring a set of hetero parents is not straight propaganda.

That said, fuck Daan. Representation matters, and there's no big gay agenda out to get him. Times are changing, get with it or get the fuck out of the way
[close]

Explain this

This is the funniest thing I've seen on SLAP in a while
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
Daan is five foot six?

Man, that is microscopic for a Dutch guy

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2021, 05:17:12 PM »
Shalom

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
You guys… maybe someone got him with the Meatspin link and he’s pissed.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2021, 05:36:20 PM »

I know it’s not a funny situation but holy shit the Alana smith one lmao

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2021, 05:44:50 PM »
It's weird that Daan is seeing so much gay messaging or "propaganda." It's not something you encounter that frequently in your day-to-day life, is it? It's almost like he's seeking it out. Kinda reminds me of that old Onion article where the author is upset that all these homosexuals keep sucking his cock.

Im not saying what he thinks is okay, but I feel like it not being something you encounter daily is what makes the few times you do encounter it seem like its all over the place

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2021, 10:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im not saying what he thinks is okay, but I feel like it not being something you encounter daily is what makes the few times you do encounter it seem like its all over the place
Hence why homosexuality/LGBTQ+ people and lifestyles need to continue to be normalized and straight & cis and generally intolerant folks need to realize that their perspectives and biases may be (gasp!) challenged & refuted sometimes.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 43
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »
He also thought an all canvas blazer was a good idea, so he doesn’t strike me as very smart….
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2021, 10:24:53 PM »
This just in:
Daan is a follower of Donald Trump's IG.

An Antihero rider supporting Trump? I'm stunned

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2021, 10:42:50 PM »
I live in SF where Gay Propaganda is very real, and let me tell you… it is fucking fabulous, honeys!
Dan doesn’t know what he’s talking about; every body needs the gay tuba blown on them once in a while.
Saying this as a big fan of Daan, I hope his career suffers the appropriate, abrupt setbacks that a shit-brained public action like that deserves.
Time to learn to swing a hammer, or catch crabs, or fight wildfires… something new. His pro skating job is prolly cooked after this.
What a ding-dong!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -228
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:30 AM »
My back pages….

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2021, 12:26:34 AM »
so fucking duum.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

1999CCSComplete

• Rep: 0
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2021, 01:20:21 AM »
Instead of wishing that a skateboarders career should end , how about trying to ask Daan what he means with his post? You might find that  he did not put so much thought into this.

There is another side of this and that is the right of free  free speech. I think we'll all agrre that It is important to be able to say things that might offend others.  That includes both "gay-propaganda" and to question said propaganda.

The way forward is not through censorship but dialogue.

Love

Nah this aint it chief, i really don't care to hear homies reasoning as to why he felt so annoyed by "lgbt propaganda" that he felt the need to share this. keep your wack, boring bullshit to yourself.

We need to message Thiebaud and ask his take on all this, considering he's working so hard to champion LGBT inclusion rn. Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he'll allow some sketchy dudes to ride for DLX while promoting Cher so hard

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2021, 01:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Instead of wishing that a skateboarders career should end , how about trying to ask Daan what he means with his post? You might find that  he did not put so much thought into this.

There is another side of this and that is the right of free  free speech. I think we'll all agrre that It is important to be able to say things that might offend others.  That includes both "gay-propaganda" and to question said propaganda.

Love
[close]

Nah this aint it chief, i really don't care to hear homies reasoning as to why he felt so annoyed by "lgbt propaganda" that he felt the need to share this. keep your wack, boring bullshit to yourself.

We need to message Thiebaud and ask his take on all this, considering he's working so hard to champion LGBT inclusion rn. Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that he'll allow some sketchy dudes to ride for DLX while promoting Cher so hard
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2021, 01:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote

Love
[close]

“No this ain’t it”
Fuck free speech? Sure he did a bad thing but someone’s opinion is wrong now and let’s all lynch him and his career, gay/ lesbian attitudes are free too. Daan can say what he wants, and it’s for us to agree or not in which case I don’t

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 779
  • dog stuff
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2021, 01:27:51 AM »

Love

free speech lol,

daan can say whatever he wants and people can react however they want. Canceling is not a legal repercussion, it's the free market and daan stock just became worth less/worthless.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 100
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2021, 01:32:09 AM »

Love

Freedom of speech means you can say what you want. Which he did. It does not mean that you are free of repercussions and everybody just has to accept your bullshit.

LURKIN RENOIR

« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2021, 02:07:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Love
[close]

free speech lol,

daan can say whatever he wants and people can react however they want. Canceling is not a legal repercussion, it's the free market and daan stock just became worth less/worthless.

Thank you for enlighting me about the legal realities. I cant tell if slap users new that their feelings wasnt legally binding for other people.

Lets hope market logics doesnt work the other way around, like in Hungary. But i'll guess you would just lol - its the market bruh. 

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2021, 02:11:31 AM »

Love
Daan is free to say what he wants about the "LGBT Propaganda" and I'm free to call him a homophobic asshole and not buy his board and tell all of my friends to not buy his board. Consequences for making bigoted posts on social media is not censorship.