Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65990 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2021, 08:10:26 AM »
DaaBaby

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2021, 08:11:40 AM »
why can only BA call this out?
He's not the only one that can, but if he doesn't say anything about this and nothing gets done about it, then I hate to make assumptions about him staying quiet or anyone with authority under the DLX banner.

I'm a huge fan of Daan skating. I guess that's it. His post makes me regret cheerleading his recovery. Kook on or grow up Daan. Your choice.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »
disappointing.

calling it lgbt propaganda shows clearly where he stands. he can have his opinions. i hope the backlash incited some kind of thought process in him. very weird since he's on a team with ba.

dude should quit all his sponsors then that have ties to or support his supposed lgbtq+ agenda. such as nike and anything dlx related.

I'm a huge fan of Daan skating. I guess that's it. His post makes me regret cheerleading his recovery. Kook on or grow up Daan. Your choice.

well put.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2021, 08:27:55 AM »
Not even a good or original meme smh. What a baby

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2021, 08:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quite peculiar how everyone defending him in this thread has like 30 posts or less.  Almost like some industry guys lurk here but only post to defend their guys’ sketchy behaviour.  IE: KA thread.
[close]

I think judging by rep there must to be a lot of SLAP Pals who agree with Daan. Or maybe they believe what he posted isn’t a big deal, but they themselves won’t post. Not surprised at all considering The general consensus on lgbt people held by the forums here dating back years. Only recently have LGBT been more widely accepted on here

Those who don’t think Daan’s post was hateful must not have grown up in a deeply religious conservative household. “Gay propaganda” and the “Gay agenda” is one of the main battles in the culture war. You’d hear about it at church, you’d hear about it over dinner when dr. James Dobson is on the radio, you’d hear about it at your Christian school. Tornadoes, floods and earthquakes were blamed on queer people. Now imagine being a child knowing you’re LGBT and having self hatred drilled into you. I used to pray at night that God would make me straight or give me a traumatic brain injury so my attraction to other boys would stop

It’s almost like people can’t or don’t want to see the dog whistles
[close]

If some old slap fart wants to kook me because they're mad and they miss the good old days on slap where they can say all the slurs they want then whatever. Rep is meaningless and they're too cowardly to say it with their chest that gay people make them uncomfortable.

Totally agree! If you look at the demographics they're losing the younger generation and they will die out and be replaced.

A previous poster stated "right-wing politics should have a space in skateboarding". Hard to imagine what a right-wing skate scene would look like. Ayn Rand is the modern right-wing God, and according to her property rights trumps everything. So are you going to ollie over all the public sidewalks? Be lawfully shot dead by a security guard at a spot? Pay 10k for a trip to the ER? Never go to any taxpayer-funded skateparks? Roll up to the spot and mock the marginalized and homeless?

Skateboarding by its nature is inherently leftist. Homophobia and bigotry have no place in it
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 08:38:13 AM by PuffinMuffin »
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

so HSU me

• Rep: -2
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2021, 08:42:37 AM »
Expand Quote
It's weird that Daan is seeing so much gay messaging or "propaganda." It's not something you encounter that frequently in your day-to-day life, is it? It's almost like he's seeking it out. Kinda reminds me of that old Onion article where the author is upset that all these homosexuals keep sucking his cock.
[close]

Im not saying what he thinks is okay, but I feel like it not being something you encounter daily is what makes the few times you do encounter it seem like its all over the place
Whaaaaat? How does seeing something a few times then equate to "this shit is everywhere!"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2021, 08:43:04 AM »
Is anyone else curious as to how far gone he is at this point?

Was he just posting that meme to test the waters when his beliefs extend to all the other hate with which the right wing is associated.

Is he racist? Anti-immigration? Islamophobic? Anti-women's rights/equality? Let's be honest, those of us with conservative relatives that post these dumb right wing memes on Facebook believe all this shit to some degree. Would you defend Daan if you found out he also believes these things?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2021, 08:56:18 AM »
In before Daan and his fans cry out victimhood for being cancelled. Yes you have the right to express your views but your employer also has the right not to be associated with it. Hope that D-grade meme that did not change anyone's opinions on either side was worth nuking your career over...

Lisa96

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2021, 08:56:36 AM »
Daan on Rollers California?

imafugyashizup

• Rep: 12
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2021, 09:00:27 AM »
In before Daan and his fans cry out victimhood for being cancelled. Yes you have the right to express your views but your employer also has the right not to be associated with it. Hope that D-grade meme that did not change anyone's opinions on either side was worth nuking your career over...

Its already happening in the comment sections on his posts, his fans are thinking that showing that there truly is hatred for gay people out there is going to help daan...

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2021, 09:01:43 AM »
I know it’s cliche to say that the most homophobic people are like that because they’re repressing their own urges, and I don’t believe it’s true in every situation where a person expresses homophobia, but it sure does seem like some of these skaters and rappers getting worked up over non existent propaganda are just at war with themselves internally. Why else would you believe that “propaganda” can turn anyone gay?
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quite peculiar how everyone defending him in this thread has like 30 posts or less.  Almost like some industry guys lurk here but only post to defend their guys’ sketchy behaviour.  IE: KA thread.
[close]

I think judging by rep there must to be a lot of SLAP Pals who agree with Daan. Or maybe they believe what he posted isn’t a big deal, but they themselves won’t post. Not surprised at all considering The general consensus on lgbt people held by the forums here dating back years. Only recently have LGBT been more widely accepted on here

Those who don’t think Daan’s post was hateful must not have grown up in a deeply religious conservative household. “Gay propaganda” and the “Gay agenda” is one of the main battles in the culture war. You’d hear about it at church, you’d hear about it over dinner when dr. James Dobson is on the radio, you’d hear about it at your Christian school. Tornadoes, floods and earthquakes were blamed on queer people. Now imagine being a child knowing you’re LGBT and having self hatred drilled into you. I used to pray at night that God would make me straight or give me a traumatic brain injury so my attraction to other boys would stop

[close]

If some old slap fart wants to kook me because they're mad and they miss the good old days on slap where they can say all the slurs they want then whatever. Rep is meaningless and they're too cowardly to say it with their chest that gay people make them uncomfortable.
[close]

Totally agree! If you look at the demographics they're losing the younger generation and they will die out and be replaced.

A previous poster stated "right-wing politics should have a space in skateboarding". Hard to imagine what a right-wing skate scene would look like. Ayn Rand is the modern right-wing God, and according to her property rights trumps everything. So are you going to ollie over all the public sidewalks? Be lawfully shot dead by a security guard at a spot? Pay 10k for a trip to the ER? Never go to any taxpayer-funded skateparks? Roll up to the spot and mock the marginalized and homeless?

Skateboarding by its nature is inherently leftist. Homophobia and bigotry have no place in it

The right wing skate dream is to have a Tim Pool basement skate compound

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2021, 09:35:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fucking hate Tim Pool

SourPatch MOY

• Rep: -30
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2021, 09:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fucking hate Tim Pool

I knew what it was gonna be before i even opened it. Tim Pool should late flip into a hat store so he can replace that nasty beanie of his

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2021, 09:45:47 AM »
Didn’t Anti Hero come out with some gay leather graphics for BA?

How can he say he’s trying to lead his life without “propaganda” all in his face when the shit (again he did not use the term correctly which is why it’s in quotes it’s not actual propaganda) is being done by his own sponsor??

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2021, 09:54:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fucking hate Tim Pool

[close]

I knew what it was gonna be before i even opened it. Tim Pool should late flip into a hat store so he can replace that nasty beanie of his
I always wonder if people know who he is when he's at skateparks...I hope someone vibe checks him someday at a park

The guy who makes those videos is going to be on the Majority Report today should be good

LebowskisRug

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
Since AH didn't do shit about TNT beating his wife and Andy Roy being Andy Roy, doubt shit will happen to Daan

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2021, 09:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fucking hate Tim Pool

[close]

[close]
I always wonder if people know who he is when he's at skateparks...I hope someone vibe checks him someday at a park

The guy who makes those videos is going to be on the Majority Report today should be good

Yeah stoked he's gonna get some well deserved shine

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2021, 10:09:32 AM »
Anti-Hero posted a Guy Debord "Spectacle..." quote in a recent ad.

So weird.
They definitely are sending different messages as a brand than their individual riders.
ok thanks

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 83
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2021, 10:11:22 AM »
This fucker shares pro rank and is teammates with our first established male pro who is openly gay, and he still chose to post this.

Edit: grammar

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2021, 10:22:51 AM »
why the fuck is everything left wing or right wing politics with you Americans?

That is the real propaganda that there is even a left or a right. Trump was really good friends with Hillary before they pretended to be "against" each other.

Your president is a reanimated zombie. An elderly man with hardly any brain function left. A war mongering pedarest too.

It's all theatre. The predator class have got you right where they want you. Fight amongst your selves while they steal all your loosh.

Its a fucking circus. Jeff Bezos has enough money to end the homeless problem in America but no the cunt is spending billions on cock shaped rockets and pretending to go to "space" when the world is experiencing a fake pandemic. And you American applaud him for being such an entrepreneur.

Its circus land and America is fucking clown town.

I mean, I literally agree with all of this, but what does it have to do with Daan's post?
If anything, people pretending there is a "gay agenda" outside of basic equality/equity is just distraction and supports everything you just said.
ok thanks

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »

That is the real propaganda that there is even a left or a right. Trump was really good friends with Hillary before they pretended to be "against" each other.

Your president is a reanimated zombie. An elderly man with hardly any brain function left. A war mongering pedarest too.

It's all theatre. The predator class have got you right where they want you. Fight amongst your selves while they steal all your loosh.

Its a fucking circus. Jeff Bezos has enough money to end the homeless problem in America but no the cunt is spending billions on cock shaped rockets and pretending to go to "space" when the world is experiencing a fake pandemic. And you American applaud him for being such an entrepreneur.

Have you considered that we know that, but there really isn't any sort of recourse to do anything about it?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2021, 10:28:54 AM »
Hey hey hey watch it with the anti-clown propaganda.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »
8 pages in a day of shit talking about someone who will never read it; Is this the new TK of Baker thread? Good thing Daan posted some ignorant shit so we can all put that thread to bed for a while I guess. It's like the posters here need a constant punching bag to validate their own righteousness. The Foy said the N word topic's back too, can't wait to weigh in on such important matters.

I mean how many posts of preaching to the choir do you people need to feel important? Threatening him with violence in certain instances. You are no better.

kook me all you want; blind hate seems like all some of you are capable of and belittling others is the only thing you can do to feel that fleeting sense of self-importance you so crave.

Posting here isn't activism people, if you got something to say to him/about his shit post dm him like anyone with integrity and empathy should.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2021, 10:42:16 AM »

Fuck Daan. Him posting that is absolutely regular and ignorant. He clearly has some homophobic views. A career ending move as a celebrity in this day age.

I am gonna say something to this and it might get me canceled but I think the idea of full-cancelation/career ending over stuff like this simply needs to be a war of attrition if at all. Stop buying his board. Stop buying 18 if you like. Vote for your wallet. It'll work itself out. I do think the pitchforks and torches thing for what amounts to just sort of transparent stupidity from a transparent brain is...almost counter productive and, I think to you might have been trying to make prior, is almost a waste of energy. Stop giving him money and move on.

Epic, legendary, unfuckwithable professional snowboarder Nicolas Mueller went through FULL cancelation last year. Dropped from every sponsor. Undoubtedly lost 200K+ in revenue, but that guy was full fucking deep-end crazy, calling George Floyd's murder a false flag, going INSANE over COVID, etc. Daan's articulating a stupid feeling, that there is a "gay agenda" that I would guess 50% of our population still agrees with.

I am not justifying his point or agreeing with him, but this for me is more for eye rolls and just not buying his crap (and I think I am done with 18 at this point too) than it is me wanting to see him shunned from society.
ok thanks

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2021, 10:42:24 AM »

yes america is a shit show, but I would love to know what country you live in

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »

The capitalist oligarchy having more control of the public than government bodies has been a common sentiment amongst Americans since the Iraq war. What’s your point?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2021, 10:43:22 AM »
8 pages in a day of shit talking about someone who will never read it; Is this the new TK of Baker thread? Good thing Daan posted some ignorant shit so we can all put that thread to bed for a while I guess. It's like the posters here need a constant punching bag to validate their own righteousness. The Foy said the N word topic's back too, can't wait to weigh in on such important matters.

I mean how many posts of preaching to the choir do you people need to feel important? Threatening him with violence in certain instances. You are no better.

kook me all you want; blind hate seems like all some of you are capable of and belittling others is the only thing you can do to feel that fleeting sense of self-importance you so crave.

Posting here isn't activism people, if you got something to say to him/about his shit post dm him like anyone with integrity and empathy should.
Congrats on finally getting internet running in the year of our lord 2021.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2021, 10:47:03 AM »

If you think Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are 'the left,' I would encourage you to dig a little deeper.