Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 91574 times)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 104
  • What, me worry?
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1320 on: May 12, 2022, 10:58:09 AM »
Anyone else still skating these? Giving mine another shot because I'm dialing back spending and wanted to try something different.

After a flatground session the feeling of them vs Thunders was wild but having no wheelbite at all was solid.

Someone's selling a couple sets on the classifieds board. I'm sort of tempted to take a chance on them, and then I come back to this thread or the gifted hater video and decide against it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1321 on: May 12, 2022, 11:37:13 AM »
Ive been skating them since January with the regular kingpins and like them. No complaints.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Paperclip20

• Rep: 62
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1322 on: May 12, 2022, 11:44:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else still skating these? Giving mine another shot because I'm dialing back spending and wanted to try something different.

After a flatground session the feeling of them vs Thunders was wild but having no wheelbite at all was solid.
[close]

Someone's selling a couple sets on the classifieds board. I'm sort of tempted to take a chance on them, and then I come back to this thread or the gifted hater video and decide against it.

I'd say the regular kingpin or grublock ones are a safe bet (with loctite). They're neat trucks but I think caution is totally reasonable. Now that it's not winter and I can get some good skating in I hope i'll like them more.

IpathCats

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
« Reply #1323 on: May 12, 2022, 11:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you like standard indy's and get the regular kingpins, you will probably enjoy these.... when they are functioning properly.
.....Nah

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1324 on: May 12, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
I'd consider trying them again with the regular kingpins, but the baseplate just didn't seem that durable compared to other trucks. Was getting really worn in, pivot cup ovalling out way too quickly from nose/tailslides.

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1325 on: May 13, 2022, 05:49:34 AM »
I'd consider trying them again with the regular kingpins, but the baseplate just didn't seem that durable compared to other trucks. Was getting really worn in, pivot cup ovalling out way too quickly from nose/tailslides.

Yea I kinda noticed that too tbh. I wasnt sure if it was due to the material grinding away easier, or if the baseplate placement was just further out, causing it to get worn more easily.
.....Nah

ProfessorJSS

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1326 on: May 13, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »
skated my Lurpivs yday actually and I still really like them
The unique turning and long grinds make them ideal for a slappy sesh.

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1327 on: May 13, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
skated my Lurpivs yday actually and I still really like them
The unique turning and long grinds make them ideal for a slappy sesh.

Lurpivs look cool all beat up, most trucks do, but lurpivs especially so.
.....Nah