Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133675 times)

ProfessorJSS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1320 on: May 13, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »
skated my Lurpivs yday actually and I still really like them
The unique turning and long grinds make them ideal for a slappy sesh.

IpathCats

« Reply #1321 on: May 13, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
skated my Lurpivs yday actually and I still really like them
The unique turning and long grinds make them ideal for a slappy sesh.

Lurpivs look cool all beat up, most trucks do, but lurpivs especially so.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1322 on: May 20, 2022, 08:44:25 AM »
Met a dude at the park yesterday on Lurpivs and he let me take them for a spin. They definitely feel good and aren't really comparable to any other truck I've ridden, although Ace turning would be the closest? For me what stuck out most was just how high they are. I think I'd only be able to set them up on a transition set up, they're just too tall for street for me (because I'm just not very good).

I asked about the Kingpin and he said he swapped for a harder Ace kingpin (?) and that solved the issue. I may have misunderstood him. He didn't have the baseplate with the lock screw.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1323 on: May 20, 2022, 01:44:39 PM »
My session was cut short by one of the hangers breaking. To be fair, they were fairly used but still bummed. They were good while they lasted, though, which was about 4 or 5 months.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1324 on: May 20, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »
There's no way you're not getting a new pair for free, right?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #1325 on: May 20, 2022, 06:50:59 PM »
I’d certainly hope so. That sucks when a session gets cut from crap like that. Just curious, what’d you break it on?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1326 on: May 20, 2022, 11:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’d certainly hope so. That sucks when a session gets cut from crap like that. Just curious, what’d you break it on?

A pop shuv on flat ;D

why come?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1327 on: May 20, 2022, 11:15:30 PM »

I would be curious if that was actually covered under warranty at all, given the life of a truck is usually to axle, but given there is no axle to grind to, it could be said that the truck was skated for its intended purpose and that was its life.

On the other hand, they might replace it just because they are a new company and are trying to have a better image, especially with some of the issues people have been having.

At least if nothing else, you have a spare baseplate and spare truck to use with the next set, if you get another set, that is.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

IpathCats

« Reply #1328 on: May 21, 2022, 05:11:04 AM »
My session was cut short by one of the hangers breaking. To be fair, they were fairly used but still bummed. They were good while they lasted, though, which was about 4 or 5 months.

That's fucking crazy. Honestly, kind of a safety hazard. Regular trucks will rarely just snap like that because of the axel. I'm glad you weren't doing something bigger/faster when they broke, you could've gotten seriously hurt. Skateboarding is dangerous enough, we don't need to make it more dangerous by having gear that fails in super dangerous ways.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1329 on: May 21, 2022, 05:37:43 AM »

I would be curious if that was actually covered under warranty at all, given the life of a truck is usually to axle, but given there is no axle to grind to, it could be said that the truck was skated for its intended purpose and that was its life.

On the other hand, they might replace it just because they are a new company and are trying to have a better image, especially with some of the issues people have been having.

At least if nothing else, you have a spare baseplate and spare truck to use with the next set, if you get another set, that is.

I just dropped them an email but their website is under construction and I tried to contact them a few days ago in another matter and haven't heard back since. Anyway I just copped a set of Indy Hollows so I am set for the moment. Just bummed I need to break in new trucks instead of having a "proper" session today.
why come?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1330 on: May 21, 2022, 06:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just dropped them an email but their website is under construction and I tried to contact them a few days ago in another matter and haven't heard back since. Anyway I just copped a set of Indy Hollows so I am set for the moment. Just bummed I need to break in new trucks instead of having a "proper" session today.

Yeah I totally get that.

Kinda have a bad habit of enjoying other peoples' trade in old Indy trucks more so than setting up new ones too, but more so if they are regular (as I am) because goofy grooves are a bit more weird when they lock in the other way sometimes.

I had meant to also say to just send them a "nice but curious" email about the broken truck, as you never know and it always pays to be polite and nice about things.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1331 on: May 21, 2022, 07:58:01 AM »
That broken truck looks really sketchy, goddamn… other truck would probably have cracked but the axle helps holding it together. With Lurpivs is a clean snap that could end up really badly.

Well, I’ve noticed that Lurpiv has been really silent lately on social media, and now you pointed that the website is down. Makes me wonder if they are cooking something new or pulling the plug… I think the first makes the most sense since Ville Wester and Karsten Kleppan started riding the trucks not long ago. Maybe they’ll announce a new revised truck? Finally a skate team? Who knows…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #1332 on: May 21, 2022, 08:51:53 AM »
Theeves looking at that broken truck and wondering why the fuck nobody likes them

boogs

« Reply #1333 on: May 21, 2022, 09:12:18 AM »
you might die skating these things

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1334 on: May 21, 2022, 09:15:36 AM »
I see these trucks are available in US shops now for about $90.

Too many harsh angles and not enough curves for my taste but still great to have another option of truck that prioritizes a deep turn.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #1335 on: May 21, 2022, 10:08:00 AM »
A truck with no web/wing/truss or axle breaks?!?!?!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #1336 on: May 21, 2022, 10:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

A pop shuv on flat ;D
Damn.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #1337 on: May 21, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »
you might die skating these things™

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1338 on: May 21, 2022, 12:55:44 PM »
Theeves looking at that broken truck and wondering why the fuck nobody likes them

I honestly miss theeve, they disappeared from europe it seems. Had 2 pairs of TiAx and they were all I ever wanted.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #1339 on: May 21, 2022, 05:18:07 PM »
They need to regroup and redesign their truck, period. It's not practical and it's not offering anything advantageous amongst other truck brands whatsoever.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1340 on: May 21, 2022, 06:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
you might die skating these things™
[close]
Hahahahahaha
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1341 on: May 21, 2022, 08:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I honestly miss theeve, they disappeared from europe it seems. Had 2 pairs of TiAx and they were all I ever wanted.

Me too. They're still active on Insta and you can still buy trucks off their site (good like getting Tiax or TiKings tho).

fartface

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2022, 03:39:13 AM »
I just finished listening to an episode of a swedish podcast called Skateboardpodden.
And it was mentioned by J-Mag that a version 2.0 is being developed.
"Childhood diabetes on lock"

IpathCats

« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2022, 05:15:54 AM »
I just finished listening to an episode of a swedish podcast called Skateboardpodden.
And it was mentioned by J-Mag that a version 2.0 is being developed.

I sure would hope so.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2022, 09:54:02 AM »

This was my first thought and what I posted when these things debuted. They either don’t know what they’re doing structurally or else they thought that their particular casting process was strong enough to forego a truss. Either way, it seems like they made a mistake and honestly it’s kinda embarrassing that a bunch of armchair engineers could identify the problem immediately from a handful of photos.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1345 on: May 25, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was my first thought and what I posted when these things debuted. They either don’t know what they’re doing structurally or else they thought that their particular casting process was strong enough to forego a truss. Either way, it seems like they made a mistake and honestly it’s kinda embarrassing that a bunch of armchair engineers could identify the problem immediately from a handful of photos.

Pretty sure that’s why they went that way…
It also makes the life span of the truck be a bit more unpredictable. With a normal truck once you hit the axle you know it’s probably better to retire them, with Lurpivs I guess you just keep going until they snap.

There’s just a lot of things on the trucks that made things more complicated than they need to be. Kinda trying to make too much all at once… I hope they step back on the next version and just focus on making a really solid truck. The geometry and reo-casting themselves are an good selling point already from my point of view.
And tbh when Lurpivs aren’t giving you any problems they feel awesome IMO.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #1346 on: May 25, 2022, 12:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's fucking crazy. Honestly, kind of a safety hazard. Regular trucks will rarely just snap like that because of the axel. I'm glad you weren't doing something bigger/faster when they broke, you could've gotten seriously hurt. Skateboarding is dangerous enough, we don't need to make it more dangerous by having gear that fails in super dangerous ways.

I know 2 guys who had the same while cruising on flat on their Ventures. Warranty did cover them though. Must be fucking terrifying when it happens skating something big.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

IpathCats

« Reply #1347 on: May 25, 2022, 12:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know 2 guys who had the same while cruising on flat on their Ventures. Warranty did cover them though. Must be fucking terrifying when it happens skating something big.

wait what? like straight up snapped in two? had they already grinded into the axel?

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2022, 12:26:51 PM »
Nah, they were younger guys who almost exclusively skated drops and flip tricks on flat. For some reason most people aren't doing grinds in my local city, so the trucks were in near perfect condition. It probably got some pressure cracks from a big drop or something but they completely broke in half near the middle of the hanger. Venture did send them some replacements though.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

IpathCats

« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2022, 12:37:10 PM »
Nah, they were younger guys who almost exclusively skated drops and flip tricks on flat. For some reason most people aren't doing grinds in my local city, so the trucks were in near perfect condition. It probably got some pressure cracks from a big drop or something but they completely broke in half near the middle of the hanger. Venture did send them some replacements though.

lol thats wild