Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 143340 times)

disappointed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1050 on: January 26, 2022, 05:27:34 AM »
Got some 144s for Christmas and they just turned up yesterday.

They came with the kingpin fitted the standard way, no extra inverted kingpins just a couple of extra nuts.

Looking forward to skating these, the axel nuts are bulging but I'm just gunna see how it goes

Awesome, thanks for sharing pics/info. I really don't care for the ikp, I want to see the nut and the tightness, and when it's inverted you can't see what's going on (or even if it's coming loose). And for a 55mm hi truck, clearance shouldn't be a problem anyway, so it makes sense just to go back to the classic look.
For me, it's already an interesting truck - with different geometry, unique look, made in Sweden, and the split axle thing etc - so it doesn't need extra quirks like ikp and that extra interlock thing, it was all getting way too busy.

Backing this, hopefully this is the future for Lurpiv.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
« Reply #1051 on: January 26, 2022, 07:22:26 AM »
That is a sweet note from Oski.

Like I said, page 36...vibes.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1052 on: January 26, 2022, 12:23:50 PM »
A buddy of mine made me inverted kingpin baseplates for my Indy’s.  He set it in place with epoxy resin if anyone still wants to keep the kingpin inverted.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1053 on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:29 PM »
Would be cool if they come always with regular kingpins. Never liked inverted kingpins.

laterskater

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1054 on: January 27, 2022, 11:20:41 PM »
Would be cool if they come always with regular kingpins. Never liked inverted kingpins.

Would be cool if you could select inverted or regular when you order. Because I prefer the inverted kingpin.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1055 on: January 28, 2022, 01:32:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would be cool if you could select inverted or regular when you order. Because I prefer the inverted kingpin.
I mean that would be the ultimate move

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1056 on: January 28, 2022, 01:57:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I mean that would be the ultimate move

I agree, that would be sick and set them apart from every other brand.

I have to join others in pointing out how responsive the sales team is. I had several interactions with them and they always reply fast and friendly. This makes a company so much more likeable and makes pardoning small errors much easier.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #1057 on: January 28, 2022, 04:20:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1058 on: January 28, 2022, 09:49:34 AM »

They came with the kingpin fitted the standard way, no extra inverted kingpins just a couple of extra nuts.

Looking forward to skating these, the axel nuts are bulging but I'm just gunna see how it goes
Did they only include two extra nuts? If so, that kinda works as a microcosm for their business as a whole. A lot of good will and thought in their service but just coming up short in terms of functionality and execution.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1059 on: January 29, 2022, 07:34:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Did they only include two extra nuts? If so, that kinda works as a microcosm for their business as a whole. A lot of good will and thought in their service but just coming up short in terms of functionality and execution.

I understand they added deez nuts without him requesting them. This goes to show that they proactively address the nylock issue. I asked them to send me the regular kingpins and some nuts and I got four of them nuts. Now I only have to get myself to install these kingpins.

Edit: I set up the regular kingpins now. They sent regular axle nuts for these, not the Lurpiv ones. It occurred to me that this means that I should be able to use my axle rethreader on those kingpins if need be.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:18:05 PM by Easy Slider »
why come?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1060 on: January 30, 2022, 08:08:57 AM »
I'm about to go full truck madness on these. My Ventures just don't feel surfy enough for my liking. How these compare to them pop and turning wise?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1061 on: January 30, 2022, 08:21:19 AM »
Just took mine for a ride, regular kingpin nuts flush I would say they feel a bit looser than my Indies with well broken in Bones hard bushings also nuts flush. Turn is surfier than the Indies with zero wheelbite despite the same height but no risers (as opposed to the Indies where I used risers). They shorten the wheelbase compared to the Indies. Haven‘t got to grind them yet, curious to see how they do.
why come?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: January 30, 2022, 08:28:19 AM »
Just took mine for a ride, regular kingpin nuts flush I would say they feel a bit looser than my Indies with well broken in Bones hard bushings also nuts flush. Turn is surfier than the Indies with zero wheelbite despite the same height but no risers (as opposed to the Indies where I used risers). They shorten the wheelbase compared to the Indies. Haven‘t got to grind them yet, curious to see how they do.
I always was amazed how wheelbity Indys are at that height. This definately makes me even more curious about Lurpivs.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1063 on: January 30, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I always was amazed how wheelbity Indys are at that height. This definately makes me even more curious about Lurpivs.

I should add that I ride small wheels 48mm and am relatively light. I did get the Lurpivs to wheelbite on 54mm wheels but only when carving deeply.
why come?

Jchao93

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1064 on: January 30, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »
I'm about to go full truck madness on these. My Ventures just don't feel surfy enough for my liking. How these compare to them pop and turning wise?

lurpivs are much superior in terms of turning no question. The trucks are higher than ventures so it just depends on what you're used to. (I too switched from venture to lurpiv and I've never looked back) :)

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1065 on: January 30, 2022, 10:22:46 PM »
Question for them that already own a set: is the hole in the hanger’s yoke round or ovoid/slot shaped?
Size & shape of said hole can be used to limit or restrict the maximum extension of a truck’s potential turning radius.
If I’m even saying that correctly…
Anyway; what shape’s that hole, y’all?

EDIT: As an explain, I was thinking about the claim(s) that the Lurpivs don’t wheelbite, and how, mechanically speaking, that’s possible. Maybe also the sweep of the turn is more inward (Ace) & less upward (Thunder)? Might stand to reason, considering Mr. Rosenberg’s previous truck sponsor.
Rambling now.
I’ll see myself out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:36:21 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #1066 on: January 30, 2022, 11:45:45 PM »
The second they sell these with regular kingpins up front...
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1067 on: January 31, 2022, 12:38:02 AM »
Question for them that already own a set: is the hole in the hanger’s yoke round or ovoid/slot shaped?
Size & shape of said hole can be used to limit or restrict the maximum extension of a truck’s potential turning radius.
If I’m even saying that correctly…
Anyway; what shape’s that hole, y’all?

EDIT: As an explain, I was thinking about the claim(s) that the Lurpivs don’t wheelbite, and how, mechanically speaking, that’s possible. Maybe also the sweep of the turn is more inward (Ace) & less upward (Thunder)? Might stand to reason, considering Mr. Rosenberg’s previous truck sponsor.
Rambling now.
I’ll see myself out.

Round yoke, looks very similar to Aces/older Indy's. No top washer bite like you get on a Venture that limits the turn, at least on mine. I have some wheelbite marks on my Lupriv setup, nothing crazy, but definitely there.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #1068 on: January 31, 2022, 01:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lurpivs are much superior in terms of turning no question. The trucks are higher than ventures so it just depends on what you're used to. (I too switched from venture to lurpiv and I've never looked back) :)

Turning is much better. Pop is definitely different due to recessed wheelbase and extra height, maybe better maybe worse depending on your preferences and board/wheels. I marginally prefer venture pop on a shorter board for most of my grind/slide tricks over any lurpiv configuration I've played around with. My ledge tricks are just more consistent on ventures but the lurpivs are great and definitely on par (albeit a bit different) for flatground

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: January 31, 2022, 01:53:39 AM »
Used to love skating Ventureswhen i was younger, but now i feel like the long wheelbase is just too much for some tricks. Simple things like kickflips and heelflips feel awesome and snappy but soon as i need to spin the board and/or myself i don't have enough power. Also not being able to really carve feels so bad when you land something little off. My wheels are usually 53-54 and i prefer my trucks wobbly at the top but resistant at the bottom of the turn. Ventures grind also leaves something to hope for.

Now writing this stuff, i kinda wonder why did i used to even like these trucks? Mysteries of life i guess.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: January 31, 2022, 02:11:30 AM »
The second they sell these with regular kingpins up front...

I think that‘s what they should do a this point. Maybe even with regular axle nuts, both issues solved and everyone can use their regular skatettool.
why come?

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1071 on: January 31, 2022, 05:37:37 AM »
I got a set of these about a month ago and loved the turn on them but I lost some pop so went back to my thunder hollow lights for Sunday's session.  Turns out that the turn on thunders is absolute dog shit compared to lurpivs.  No matter how loose the thunders were I just couldn't turn as deeply as I had become used to.  I put the lurpivs back on as soon as I got home.

IpathCats

« Reply #1072 on: January 31, 2022, 06:01:37 AM »

I feel like lurpivs would be a decent jump for you if you're coming from ventures and looking for more surf. Lurpivs are the most stable of the "surfy" brands (ace/indy/lurp) so they wont be quite as jarring to swap to. They deff grind and turn better than ventures, its all about that height though, you may want to run a smaller wheel if it throws you off too much. if Ventures and big wheels was 2020/2021 maybe 2022 will be lurps with smaller wheels?

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1073 on: January 31, 2022, 07:31:07 AM »
if Ventures and big wheels was 2020/2021 maybe 2022 will be lurps with smaller wheels?

Yeah, I got a set of 51mm Spit Tablets on the lurpivs now as my 55mm Spit F4 OG Classics were bit much for me.  The Lurpiv & small tablets definitely look a bit daft but I gotta get the height down somehow.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1074 on: January 31, 2022, 08:26:11 AM »
Finally broke and ordered a set of 149's. I'm tall and I love Ventures but I just want a more fun turn. Time to be patient and wait for them to arrive.

IpathCats

« Reply #1075 on: January 31, 2022, 10:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
if Ventures and big wheels was 2020/2021 maybe 2022 will be lurps with smaller wheels?
[close]

Yeah, I got a set of 51mm Spit Tablets on the lurpivs now as my 55mm Spit F4 OG Classics were bit much for me.  The Lurpiv & small tablets definitely look a bit daft but I gotta get the height down somehow.

Picturing that made me make the face i make when i smell something bad.

Jchao93

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1076 on: February 04, 2022, 07:36:38 AM »
Went out skating today and noticed my back wheel poking out of my deck(I ride 8.38 deck with 144 trucks so that shouldn't happen).

Apperently the axle slipped.

My experience with the trucks is kinda rough honestly. First, the kingpin got loose. Then the pivot cups broke. And then this. All within 2 months.(I mostly skate ledges and slappys)
I'm back on my indys now. Never had any problems like that with my indys. (at least not so soon in the life of the trucks)
I gotta say I don't regret purchasing them at all. I support what Oski is trying to accomplish. If he ever tries to make a Lurpiv 2.0 I'll definitely buy a pair.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #1077 on: February 04, 2022, 07:44:34 AM »
General wrenching 101: If you gotta pound on the threaded end, put the nut on flush or use a block. Saves the threads.

Edit: not a dig @Jchao93. Just a broken down old man trying to pass along some knowledge.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2022, 07:55:57 AM »
Went out skating today and noticed my back wheel poking out of my deck(I ride 8.38 deck with 144 trucks so that shouldn't happen).

My experience with the trucks is kinda rough honestly. First, the kingpin got loose. Then the pivot cups broke. And then this. All within 2 months.(I mostly skate ledges and slappys)
I'm back on my indys now. Never had any problems like that with my indys. (at least not so soon in the life of the trucks)
I gotta say I don't regret purchasing them at all. I support what Oski is trying to accomplish. If he ever tries to make a Lurpiv 2.0 I'll definitely buy a pair.
That's fucked up. I know they are new company but 90+ euros is fucked up for trucks that last two months and have that many problems.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2022, 08:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's fucked up. I know they are new company but 90+ euros is fucked up for trucks that last two months and have that many problems.

As much as i agree with this, im sure you could send them a message and theyd send you new hangars. Theyve been incredibly responsive with everything that ive come to them with and so far every defective part has been replaced for free